This will be brief! Our only complaints so far are as follows: Mini bar not stocked the same as day 1 (no beer and less water). This will sound uber cheesy but I always do a "cleanliness test" with cups and glasses and so far they have failed. There is a very distinct marking on one of the coffee cups in our room and I took a pic of the marking after noticing a cloth swirl in the bottom of the cup as if it had been cleaned with a dry cloth. Well, it was the same cup after maid service had cleaned our room. Yuck! Not surprised as this is the 2nd resort to have done this but gross all the same. So, only takeout coffee for us from now on! Coffee pot was also just rinsed out. Wine bottle not restocked. No fancy towel at turn down service but no biggie, it's just a silly plus that we are used to! One day there was no daily newsletter for the next day's activities but again, no biggie, just a plus. Little details are missed like, extra towels given knowing that we used one of our towels to hang over the glass window in the shower so you don't have to watch your partner...eh hem...on the throne. Cigarette butts left on the patio from the previous guests. My husband and I saw (him, one night, and me, the other) staff toss beer out and refill the same glass with beer for another guest!! Very disturbing to actually see it. Obviously it goes on at all resorts but to see it in plane view is really disappointing. Basically, if I don't see it, it doesn't exist so it sucks that it was right in front of me and impossible to ignore. Anyway, that is all I felt necessary to mention right away. I will update again when our trip is over. Also, I realize that many of you may be wondering why I rated it a 4/5 considering everything. It is soley because of everything BUT what I have mentioned and because, let's face it, they all do these things.
Tip: Not everyone is effected by a tip. We tipped very well to the person who cleans our room at the very beginning of our trip and it didn't seem to do much. Things were missed and she didn't seem all that fazed by it when we gave it to her. We also noticed that most bar tenders would treat us the same as a completely new guests who sat down at the bar and didn't tip at all. This is a good thing, in my opinion, but would have been good to know in the beginning(not that we wouldn't have tipped but maybe only a few bucks). Also, don't upgrade. The club guests may be treated differently than "regular" guests but certainly not $200 worth, which is what it was offered to us for. Just saying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence