My husband and I stayed in February 2014 with two other couples and everyone loved this resort! We contemplated this resort again for our Christmas vacation trip in December 2014, however, there are just so many resorts out there that we felt we should try a different place.
This resort is considered the best one according to feedback we got from tour guides – if you are staying at Excellence Punta Cana you are lucky, they told us. The resort is, unfortunately, about an hour from the airport, which but wasn't great but was worth the ride.
Check-in was quick and efficient. One of the couples we were with will not stay on a ground floor room and the resort was advised of that months before we arrived so when they found out they had a ground floor room “crap hit the fan” and they had to wait quite a while to get a room on the second or third floors but they eventually got it.
Our room was in building 14 on the ground floor and it was OK for the first couple of nights, but by the third night there were sand fleas in the room and I got bitten like crazy!!! They immediately fogged the room which helped with that issue, but the A/C was wretched. We had it set for the coldest temperature possible and I was still sweating while sleeping at night. Service came to look at it but said nothing was wrong. By the end of the 4th night I couldn’t sleep, and the A/C wasn’t the only issue – the “stores” on the beach were right on the other side of the fence that was about 50 feet from the door to our room and there were dogs barking their heads off all night long! I am not one to complain but when I was exhausted and teary-eyed one of the ladies we were there with and my husband both insisted they move our room and they did so without issue. Moved us to the third floor of building 8 in the Excellence Club. The room looked the same as the other one we had but the A/C worked and no barking dogs at night and the view was spectacular!!! They will do anything and everything possible to make your vacation as comfortable as possible!
24 hour room service!!! FABULOUS!!! Everyone in our party took advantage of the room service, which was quick and delicious.
Not a single complaint about the service at any of the bars on the resort! The Chilean Sauv Blanc was delightful! We were all very impressed as our whole group are white wine drinkers and the typical Spanish White they have in the Caribbean sucks!
Not a bad meal was had by anyone! We loved poolside restaurant – they even brought food to our chairs poolside (outside the restaurant). All the food was fresh and delicious no matter where you ate! The a la carte restaurants were amazing and you didn’t need a reservation for any of them. Half way through one meal they brought a platter of grilled lobster to our table that we didn’t order – two in our party don’t eat seafood (I know – crazy, huh?!?!). It was so Yummy!!! Pizzas were delivered for free poolside every day at lunchtime! So good!
Shows were great, dancing in the lobby bar late at night, amazing Valentine’s Day party. Lots of things to do every night.
4 of the 6 of us aren’t beach people but the other two loved it!!! They could walk for hours and did so almost every day. Not a complaint was had about the beach and it was so very close to the pool that you could turn around in your chair and take a picture of the beach from poolside.
There are two pools – one large freeform pool with a swim-up bar which is where we hung out the whole week. Lots of chairs, no need to “reserve” them. The smaller pool was considered more of a “party pool” and wasn’t as quiet but two of our group had their room overlooking this pool and they didn’t have any complaints as the pool closed down at 6pm. Both pools are clean and well-maintained and very refreshing.
In summary – we loved this resort and its amenities, service, and size and would consider going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence