My husband and I stayed at the Excellence for 5 days in August 2014. All in all, we thought it was a great choice for an Adults only All Inclusive vacation and would recommend it to family and friends. Facility is not brand new but is very well maintained. The pool is perfect for relaxation - large and clean with many floats on hand. The beach is expansive and the sand is very soft. The surf can be a bit rough for just hanging out in the ocean, but you can easily navigate in for spots of swimming.
Best parts of the resort are.... 1. the staff - there were always people on hand to help with anything and everything and they were always very pleasant. 2. the beach/pool areas - in addition to reasons stated above there are also many seating options available outdoors from loungers in the sun to covered seating and several different types of beds... and while you may not get your first choice depending on the time of day, there were always chairs of some sort available. 3. plenty of bars!! For an all inclusive resort - I was impressed by the constant and easy availability of all sorts of drinks.
Things to improve on.... 1. the food. I understand the difficulty in preparing and providing a ton of options at an all inclusive resort and keeping them all fresh and good - but the food left something to be desired. You can navigate around this with good choices, but all in all we weren't in love with the food. 2. can't swim at night. This may just be me but the resort is SO beautiful at night with the pools lit up, but you can't swim in them past 6. Not a deal breaker and I understand the need to clean them but seems like a missed opportunity. 3. Transportation arrangements are better left to do yourself and keep the front desk out of it (outside of immediate taxi requests). They did not do a good job of reserving our transportation for us and lost track of a cancellation which led to borderline harassment from an upset taxi driver.
FYI at this resort you are an hour from the airport (for travel time expectations); a cab is ~$70 but you can do shared transport via Expedia for $13pp - just note that Expedia is not upfront about how many other resorts you may stop at (they told us none but that was not true) so despite the cost savings you may just want to do your own taxi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence