“Better than we expected!”

Excellence Punta Cana
Ranked #13 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Charlottesville, VA
“Better than we expected!”
Reviewed 1 June 2005

My husband and I had a GREAT honeymoon at Secrets and were pleasantly surprised at how beautiful the resort was. The food was excellent as was the service. The hotel staff couldn't have been more friendly. The nightly shows were good entertainment and an easy way to meet people. Most of the visitors there are from the United States with just a few people from other countries.

The only money you will need is a bunch of ones--$75 should take care of a week (American dollars, do not trade your money) for tips or if you want to shop, everything else is included. Tip the staff, they depend on it.

I'm trying not to sound too obnoxious, but sometimes when I read these posts, I wonder, does this person really know what good food tastes like? Well, I can tell you I have lived and traveled to many places and eaten at many fine restaurants, and I loved this food! They have a good mixture of casual and formal restaurants. The Seaside Grill, Oceana and Bordeaux restaurants are the best for dinner. Try the grilled lobster tail at the Seaside Grill, it was DIVINE.

We had a wonderful time and would go back in a heartbeat.

Just a couple of warnings:
1. Don't go on the trip to the small lagoon-like island south of DR (begins with an "S" can't remember the name). It took all day and we were the only English speaking people on the whole trip (felt very out of place)
2. The beach is not a calm beach, but the waves aren't too high. Just don't expect a lagoon.

• Stayed December 2004
31 Thank CvilleMommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,601)
  • Korean first
monroe new york
Reviewed 31 May 2005

dont be afraid.this is a wonderful all inclusive.i was skeptical about going after reading some of the reviews that were posted at the beginning of may.
we celebrated our 20th anniversery and are looking to go back in the future.
the food is wonderful in the queseray dining room.marie bonita,the mexican resturant,was our 2nd choice.we ate in both twice.it is now required that men wear long pants in these resturants,dont try to get in with shorts,we saw the hostess deny a couple entry into the resturant.she was very p/c.the weather was wonderful,sunshine every day.you must bring a high # sunscreen.it only takes a short time to get a burn here.
the room we had was in the 14 building.it was fabulous.we had a view of the pool and the ocean.it was very quite at this end,as it is the last building in the resort.i do agree with some of the other reviews that there refrigeration system needs an upgrade.in regards to the staff,let me say one word,"excelente".we never had any language barrier,all you need to know is some basic phrases,have a big smile and always say "ola".these people work very,very hard.i had the pleasure of speaking with the front desk asst mng,her name is pauline.she is a wonderful,peepy outgoing person.she is also scottish,so you will never have a problem asking for or recieving an answer.she showed me the devastion that hit the hotel last september.ask her to show the pictures.when i asked her were did they find workers to get the hotel back up and running,she told me"the staff.waiters,busboys,hostess,bell hops,and everyone else did the majority of the work to get it back in shape.i was floored.
if you are thinking of a romantic get away,no kids,no reservations,no worries,this is where you should look.thanks for letting us share your paradise.

22 Thank jbgreg1
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 May 2005

My boyfriend and I went from the 8th to the 15th of May and it was amazing! This place was great, the beach was beautiful, food was ok, and the entertainment was great. I would defiantly recommend people to go there if you want a romantic vacations not a big party, it in not anything like a spring break place. I would recommend going on the island excursion, it was great, you take a boat to an island they have lunch and a bar that are included. You then take another boat out to swim in the ocean, it was the most beautiful place I have ever been to, and the price was 160 USD for the both of us. I would also recommend going to all the nightly shows they were every entertaining. The only problem I had was that the food was not that great, the buffet was always cold and the seafood was noting to talk about either. The best restraint is the French one; it is inside near the stage. We always had to weight to be seated but it was worth it. The staff is great, so friendly and always willing to help. The best bartender was in the disco, Oscar he will take great care of you. One last tip I have is to tip, I know it is an all inclusive club but you need to remember that these people make very little money and work very long hours to make you comfortable, anything you give them is extremely appreciated

24 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
State College
Reviewed 30 May 2005

Our start at this resort did not turn out as well as it had at Sunscape The Beach, however the end result was compariable. We waited for 3 hours for our room to be ready, however this was because we had to check out of Sunscape by noon and took a 10 minute cab ride to Secrets.

Basically we had a few drinks at the Lobby Bar, took a nap in the Lobby, then had lunch at a nearby restuarant.

We must say, however, the 3 hour wait was worth it. We were in room 14204 (Building 14), a honeymoon suite and was it beautiful. We had a view of the Ocean as well as the pool. Not only did we have the jacuzzi bath tub in the room, but we had a jacuzzi outside on an open porch. They also supplied us with two lounge chairs, two wooden chairs and a table for evening dinners on the deck to watch the sunset.

Once again we were greeted with beautiful towel art and tropical flowers. There was a yummy fruit basket as well.

We were so thrilled and had so much fun at this resort. They had activities going on all the time, we particularlly enjoyed the little contests by the pool. Wooden Horse Racing, throwing tennis balls through numbered holes, and frisbee bowling.

The beach at this resort was much nicer, it was raked daily and had little to no seaweed.

Carlos, the bartender at the deep end of the pool and Andrea one of the activities personnel were great. They made you feel welcome and liked to talk.

We met many people from our area, who would think you fly 3000 miles to meet people that live 2 hours from you.

All in all, it was a perfect honeymoon. Food was great, drinks were plentiful, staff was excellent.

31 Thank gettinhitched
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 May 2005

My husband and I recently celebrated our fifteenth wedding anniversary at Secrets in Punta Cana. I do not consider ourselves well traveled but we have been blessed to travel to Hawaii, St. John, & St. Thomas, and Florida. Secrets is a beautiful resort! We traveled thru Apple Vacations which went smoothly all around. As a resort, it visually was our favorite. Our only complaint is that the entire inside of the resort is done in slippery marble or tile. Needless to say it is often wet from swimmers or from rain. We even heard that someone fell and got injured in the casino during our stay. Be VERY careful! Personally I almost bought the floor turning the corner in the bathroom. Textured tiles should have been spec'd by the architect. Meals: Not the best food we have eaten but no worse than I expected from an all-inclusive resort. Bar service wasn't excellent at the walk up bar near our room but it was ok. They played the same song over and over again!!! The "minibar" was stocked once daily. If you are lucky to catch the men who do the deed, tip them and they will load you up with absolut or better beer. Our highlight was that we spent extra for the private dinner for two on the beach. It was awesome and Daniel did a great job serving!!! The club was a nice touch. Jennifer was great. Drinks were made quickly, food was good, DVD library was sufficient, and internet worked well when available. Jenn even let us keep our room on the last day until 3:30 for late showers. The pools were clean and beautiful. The towel situation is rough though. With the club upgrade you get two automatically but difficult to switch them out for dry ones due to lack of inventory. Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. I know they were short staffed. They never cleaned our room before 3:00pm so again if towels were used to dry the floor, there were no new ones for us to clean up with. The ladies were lovely and hardworkers but the skill level was iffy. I never got a wash cloth until the day before we left. So much of this sounds negative, but none of it is a serious offense in our books. If you want a romantic getaway, gorgeous beach, palm groves galore and are fine with o.k. cuisine (not horrible), a small wait for a drink. and are ok with the room being cleaned late, you will love Secrets. Oh and yes, room service...they ranged from 10 minutes to one hour and ten minutes. The casino is small. No Craps!!! We stuck to the blackjack tables. The slots were actually paying out. Hope this helps. On a scale of 1 - 10, we give them an 8 on looks, 6 on food, food service a 7, bar service a 6.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Acushnet, MA
Reviewed 29 May 2005

We just got back from staying at Secrets 5/8-5/15. The hotel was exquisite! The staff was extremely friendly. When we arrived, we had to wait a few minutes for our room to be ready. They at first were going to give us a different room, but then they upgraded it. We got to our room and our luggage wasn't there. Went down to the lobby and realized that they put our luggage in the original room. The next day we came back to our room with another bottle of champagne and a free massage. They apoligized for the inconvenience.

The food was incredible! Couldn't have asked for better.

The only disappointing thing was the weather. It rained 4 of the 7 days we were there. Obviously not the fault of the resort. They put on shows on the stage area because of the weather. The did a good job trying to keep people entertained due to the weather.

If you plan a trip to this hotel, we were told the best time would be between Dec & Feb, less chance of rain. If I ever go back to Punta Cana, this is the only hotel I would stay at. Adults only!

The best thing: I got engaged!

25 Thank kv827
London, KY
Reviewed 28 May 2005

I hate to start out with a negative, however I think that it deserves being mentioned. My husband and I originally
booked our wedding and honeymoon through Apple Vacation. Big mistake!!! We booked our trip the end of
September for our May 16th departure, at the time Apple said they did not have their flight schedule planned yet, that
it would be scheduled after the beginning of the year. We didn’t sweat it, because I had traveled with Apple
Vacation a couple of times in the past and found them to be very reliable. We booked our Wedding with Secrets and
got all our plans underway. January came and I called our local agent and still no schedule. Middle of January I get
an urgent call from my agent telling me there was a problem with my booking. Apple Vacation sent a fax that they
were no longer flying their charter from Atlanta to Punta Cana. The only options they gave us was to fly to Cancun
on May 15th (Hello!!, I’m getting married in Punta Cana.... not Cancun), secure our own flight at a higher rate or
cancel our trip. My local agent found an Apple Charter leaving Cincinnati, when asked if our flight could be
changed to this flight without a price penalty, we were denied. So much for customer service. We ended up having
to rebook our entire trip at a much higher rate, since Secrets had just had a price increase. I will never book another
trip through Apple Vacation.

Like many of you I spent months reading all the reviews and appreciate everyone’s tips and advise, especially from
those that had their wedding at Secrets. I hope my review will help those that plan on visiting Secrets Excellence for
their honeymoon or wedding. I will forewarn you though, this a very lengthy detailed review... I was a bit unsure
what to expect because the reviews were at such extremes. Some loved everything about the resort and others hated
everything. I hope that my review will be objective and give readers a realistic expectation. On a scale of 1 to 10, I
would have to give Secrets Excellence a strong 8. Although not perfect it had many more positives than negatives.

WEATHER:
May is not the ideal month to travel to Punta Cana. When we arrived on Monday it was raining and rained the
entire next day. Guests that were leaving said it had rained the past two weeks. I was really concerned since we
were there for our wedding. On Wed. it cleared most of the day, but was cloudy and rained a bit in the evenings.
The rest of the week it was mostly warm and sunny with rain in the late afternoon. Unfortunately, they only perform
weddings in the evenings. After getting my hair done at the spa, I walked out to the lobby to find out that it was
pouring down rain. I was a bit discouraged since it was time to take pictures. We were not able to get many outdoor
pictures done because everything was wet. However, the photographer was nice enough to offer to come back the
following day so we could get the outdoor and beach pictures taken. Also, the judge was late arriving because of the
roads being washed out so it was dark before we could start the ceremony, not making for very good wedding
pictures. Another negative due to the weather was that we were not able to take advantage of the horse and carriage
ride. This was a big disappointment since it was one of the major factors in me choosing Secrets for my wedding.
However, I have to admit I am still glad that I got married there.

AIRPORT:
The airport was very cute with it’s thatch roofs. Getting around was not difficult at all. As soon as we arrived we
bought our tourist card for $10 each and went straight through customs. Not a problem at all. We were met by our
VIP representative for transportation to our resort. Coming back into the states was a more difficult though. Much
longer lines and even more difficult after arriving back in the states. Seems like we went through check points at
least 4 times before catching our connecting flight. On the way back, don’t forget to stop by the duty free shops.
Great price on alcohol!

RIDE TO RESORT
Ride from the airport is about 1 hour 15 minutes and very bumpy. However, we expected it from reading other
reviews. The bus was comfortable and it’s not really that bad of a ride. On the way to the resort they stop at a
market to buy snacks & beer. Going to the resort we did not stop at any other resorts, but on the return trip we
stopped at Sunscape Beach to pick up guests from there.

CHECK IN
Check in was fairly simple. The bellmen took our luggage as soon as we arrived and tagged everything. We were
given wet face cloths, but did not get our mimosa. Not really a big deal though. Our room was ready when we
checked in. Right after check in, we contacted our wedding coordinator and set up an appointment to go over final
wedding details then made reservations for horseback riding, honeymoon pictures, romantic dinner, etc. We went to
our room and moments later our luggage arrived.

RESORT
Resort was absolutely beautiful; marble floors, lush landscaping, wildlife, and spacious rooms. The pools and beach
were very clean and beautiful. Everything about the surroundings was gorgeous. The beach sand was soft and pink.
The waters in front of the resort was wavy being on the Atlantic side, but it was fun for boogie boarding and playing
in the waves. We went paddleboating one day with absolutely no trouble and I saw catamarans and other water
sports while there. A ten minute walk to the right of the beach and the waters are calmer, nice for snorkeling. We
took our own mask and snorkel, lots of fun. There are two pools, one is the cascading pool, more secluded and
private and a long winding main pool with a swim up bar; a lot more activity there. Both were very clean. Did not
find getting a float a problem even though there were those that hoarded them under their lounges. There are hottubs
near the main pool or you can go to a huge hottub in the spa, which we did on Tuesday when it rained all day. They
also have steam cabinets, cold pools and sauna free of charge. I did not get any spa services while there, but I did
get my hair done twice for wedding pictures. Very nice staff. The hairdressers did not speak English but they tried
very hard to understand what you wanted. A few Spanish phases helps out a lot. If there is a problem they will get
someone from the front desk to translate. My advise about massage, instead of paying $70 for a 50 min. massage,
walk about 15 minutes to the right of the beach to the next resort. There is a lady that gives a very good hour
massage (I am a massage therapist and I know a good massage) for $25 in a thatch hut. However, it’s not for the
modest.

ROOM
Beautiful rooms. We had a 3rd floor room with a king size canopy bed in building 3. It overlooked the wedding
gazebo and was in a very quiet area of the resort. Highly recommend this building. We got to watch several
weddings while there. Beds were firm, but comfortable. The pillows were a little too soft for my liking though.
Nice roomy shower with plenty of hot water. I really appreciated it, because when I was in Cancun if I didn’t shower
at 6 am I had to take a cold shower. Must remember to keep sliding door closed for a/c to work and a card must be
in slot beside the door for electricity to work. Frig. for minibar is never really cold, but wasn’t a big deal. Ice
makers in each building. The minibar was well stocked with juice, Presidente beer, Absolute Citron, Johnny Walker
Red Label, sodas, water, and a local rum. Left a tip everyday for minibar guy. Could not find iron and ironing
board first day; located behind curtain. Plenty of English channels on the television to watch, plus a very interesting
channel 16. Free safe in room with programmable password. Plenty of storage for belongings and lots of sitting
area. When we arrived there was a “Honeymooners” sash across the door and a basket of fruit, bottle of champagne
and towel sculptures with rose petals. Very romantic! A very nice jetted tub for two and plenty of nice sizes
toiletries. We left gift bags for our maid everyday with cosmetics, chocolates, school supplies, small toys and 2
dollars each day. She seemed to really appreciate it. Told us she had 2 small children. No problem with bugs in
room. Only problems was an occasional electricity outage and the elevator rarely worked. Again, not a big deal,
outage never lasted for very long and I needed the exercise to burn some of the extra calories from the great food.

FOOD
Food for the most part was excellent. First evening we ate at Quisqueya international rest. We both had the
Chateubriand and lobster bisque soup. Highly recommend. We ate there twice and both times excellent. This was
my personal favorite restaurant. Breakfast is only served at Higuey’s. Lot’s of choices on buffet and great omelets.
You will absolutely love Felix. Tried Mediterranean Seafood 3 times, twice for dinner and once for lunch. Had
Grouper, Stuffed Chicken for lunch and dinner surf and turf. All very good. Ate at Texas Steakhouse twice, once
for lunch and once for dinner. Steak was very good, prepared just as requested. However, for dinner I ordered Veal
Chops and sorry to say, it was not Veal, it was steak. Only disappointing meal while there. Had dinner twice at
Bella Italia. Great experience both times. Had lasagna both times. Excellent! Only my mother’s is better. Must
ask for Nelson. He was my favorite server there. Ate at Maria Bonita twice, once for my romantic dinner. It is in a
open air courtyard. The food there was just above average (surf and turf) but the ambiance was very romantic,
candles, rose petals on table, champagne and a mariachi trio going from table to table. The second time we ate there
was better, I ordered from the Dominican menu and the Mexican Menu. The Dominican Stew was tasty and from
the Mexican menu I had shrimp, also tasty. We did not eat at Madam Butterfly, so I’m not sure about the food there.
We did not order room service or eat at any of the snack bars while there, so not comments on either of those. I
have to say for an all inclusive resort you will not find better food anywhere.

DRINKS
If any area really needs to be worked on I would say it would be to give bartending lessons. Yes, they have plenty of
top shelf liquor and the drinks are not at all watered down. If anything they are very strong. Unfortunately, except
for their resort specialty drinks, they are not very tasty. I love margaritas and was not able to get a good tasting one
the whole time I was there.

EXCURSIONS
Because of the weather we chose not to do any excursion and just enjoy the sun and surf while we had it at the
resort. We did the horse back riding, Boogie boarding, pedal boating and snorkeled on the beach.

ENTERTAINMENT
During the day they have several activities planned. The staff try to get you involved but they are not a bit too
pushy. We did the Dominican Fair where you played games and they gave out play money. Afterward there are
prizes you can bid on with your play money. We also did dance lessons, Spanish lessons, and Cocktail class. Was a
little disappointed in these. I hope for something more instructional, but it was mostly goofing off. Evening
entertainment was a bit cheesy but entertaining. Ideal Couple Show very funny. They had a jazz singer (last name
Blizzard) which I enjoyed a great deal. The week I was there the “Beach Party” was canceled because of the
weather.

SERVICE
I had read that the service was slow at Secrets. To be honest I did not find this to be a problem. I really enjoyed the
pace. I hate it when you go out to eat and they bring your entree before you have a chance to eat your salad. It was
very relaxing and unrushed feeling. All the staff was very friendly, responding to each request with “It’s a Pleasure”.

WEDDING
My wedding coordinator, Yuliana Sanchez, was a very sweet lady. I got the feeling that she was fairly new at being
a wedding coordinator and unsure about a few things. However, she was very helpful and understanding. I emailed
the wedding department before I left to put in my room request and photographer request. I requested a 3rd floor
room with a King-size bed in either building 11 or 3 and I requested Renauld (owner of the photography company)
to do my wedding and honeymoon pictures. I was pleased that I received the building and room type requested
when we checked in. Yuliana scheduled an appointment Tuesday morning to go over the final details. At this time
we gave her my wedding dress, my husband’s suit, cake topper, toasting goblets and cake knife & server. We then
picked our flowers. I had planned on having some fresh flower arranged, but was told that all of the bouquets were
an extra $80. This confused me because I had read some other review where the bride stated they paid $30 for a
bunch of lilies with ribbon. At this time I also gave her our music CD with our song selection, picked out our cake (I
ordered round Almond, received heartshape Almond, not a big deal), reserved our breakfast in bed and after
wedding dinner. Asked about my photographer request and told that Renauld would not be able to do our pictures
and Arturo or Pancho would be our photographer. Needless to say I was disappointed but understanding. Later that
afternoon, I stopped by the photography desk to look through the photobook. While there I met Renauld’s girlfriend
and told her how disappointed I was that he would not be able to do my pictures. She said she would see what she
could do.

The day of the wedding was beautiful and sunny day, I was so thankful since the weather had not been so good since
we arrived. I had an appointment at 2:30 to do my hair and makeup. The hairdresser working on my hair was
Metilda and she was very sweet and tried very hard to understand my request. With my broken Spanish and her
broken English and a few sign language we were able to communicate. She did a lovely job on my hair and makeup.
Unfortunately, we I walked out of the salon to wait for the photographer and my fiancé I looked out to find that it
was pouring the rain. I could have almost cried. Yuliana came in to tell me that we would not be able to use the
horse and carriage and would have to get married in the lobby because everything was wet in the Gazebo. I told her
that I refused to get married in the lobby and that I would prefer to cancel if that was the case. She said that she
would see what she could do. She later came in and said that they would be able to do the wedding at the Gazebo
and surprise .... Renauld was there to do my wedding pictures. I went in the dressing room to get dressed and when I
came out the rain had began to stop. Renauld took several pictures in the spa, and in the dry areas of the resort. He
agreed to come back the next day to take more pictures outside and on the beach if I wanted to get ready again in my
wedding dress. Of course I did! Because of the rain, the roads were washed out and the judge was late getting to the
resort. When she arrived and went over our documents it was finally time for the ceremony. Luckily by this time the
rain had stopped. The ceremony began with me walking to my groom to the wedding march. The judge only spoke
Spanish, the ceremony was translated by Yuliana. After the vows and rings were exchanged we were asked if we
had anything special we would like to say to each other, this is when we were able to recite our personalized vows.
Following the ceremony we had wedding cake and champagne while one of our chosen songs was played. The cake
was delicious! Renauld continued to take pictures while Francios videoed. We then had our first dance as husband
and wife. From the Gazebo we went to have dinner at Quisqueya. When we walked in everyone began clapping and
we were escorted to a table covered with rose petals and a bottle of champagne. After dinner the brought out our
wedding cake for dessert. Yum! I requested the server to offer cake to the other guest dining there.

After dinner we went back to our room to find a trail of rose petals on the floor with towel & sheet sculptures,
champagne and flowers and rose petal everywhere. They had ran a bubblebath with rose petals. Everything was so
romantic. The next morning we were served breakfast in bed. Not anything exciting, fruit & yogurt, but it was still
very nice.

There were a couple of things that was supposed to be included in our wedding package that we did not receive;
groom’s boutonniere, horse & carriage, and I never did see a Venetian Gondola, but overall I could not ask for a
more lovely wedding setting.

PHOTO SESSION
The next morning I was off to the spa again to get my hair done. I asked Yuliana if I would have to pay to get it
done again and she said “yes”. I asked if there would be any discount since we had to do it again because of the rain
and she asked the spa manager, who agreed to give me a 20% discount. Always ask, the worst they can do is say
“no”. After I got my hair done I went to my room to finish getting ready, (did my own makeup this time). At 12:00
we met with Renauld to begin our photos. After we had gone over the entire resort taking pictures and was about to
go on the beach for more pictures and lady that I had talked with the evening before asked “where is that beautiful
necklace you had on last night?” Oh my Gosh! I had forgotten to put on my wedding jewelry. I looked at my
husband with my jaw to the ground. He saw my devastation and ran back to the room to get it. I was so upset.
Renauld, was cool as a cucumber and said “Don’t worry, I can fix it”. I couldn’t believe it. When we got our
pictures back, all the pictures had my jewelry in it and you could not tell in which photos he added it and in which
ones I was actually wearing it. I was amazed to say the least.

Since we had originally arranged to have our honeymoon pictures done on that day, I asked if we could take a small
break after the wedding pictures to shower and change then take the honeymoon pictures that day and Renauld said
“sure, no problem”. We went and changed while Renauld had lunch. We had pictures taken in two different outfits
around the resort. One outfit was dressy casual and the other very casual. All the pictures were beautiful.
Something I will treasure a lifetime.

SHOPPING
Vendors came to the resort about every other evening selling jewelry, artwork, T-shirts, cigars, rum, mamajauna, ect.
They can be a bit overbearing. A bit of advise, do not tell them you are from the US. Their starting price will be
much higher. Better to tell them you are from Canada because of the exchange rate from Canadian money to USD
they will give you a better bargain. You must haggle and be willing to walk away if you don’t get the price you
want. Don’t pay more than 1/2 of first price asked.

WHAT TO BRING:
Remember items in the store at the resort is very expensive, bring items from home to avoid overpaying. Bug spray
with deet, Pepto, Immodium, Benedryl, Aloe, Dramamine, Advil, plenty of sunscreen, small umbrella, insulated
mugs or small cooler, waterproof cameras, plenty of singles for tips, chocolates for the maid, school supplies for the
kids if you go on excursions, bubble bath, camera, extra batteries, plenty of film.

CHECK OUT
You have to find your tour rep. to find out when your bus will arrive. We called for a bellman to get our luggage and
checkout was very simple. I just looked over hotel charges and paid.

MOSQUITOS
Because of all the rain, the mosquitoes were especially bad in the evening. I will admit that if there is a mosquito in
a 5 mile radius, it will find me. While I was there I felt like a mosquito buffet. Please bring plenty of bug repellent
with deet.

TIPS
Bring more money than you think you need. We spent about $150.00 in tips, but you will want extra for excursions,
pictures, gift, etc.. Bring mostly one’s and five’s.
Check board in lobby for day’s activities.
Long pants and shirts with sleeves required for all restaurants in the evenings.
Shoes and shirts, (no bathing suit tops) required for all restaurants any time of the day
Write notes to maids in Spanish and mini bar guy for special requests
Leave a note in Spanish and English with your room number if you leave gifts for maids, so they don’t have
problem.