We recently stayed in the Excellence club suite w/ocean view, I had read most of the reviews on this location and after comparing with other reviews of hotels , I finally opted for this one. We wanted all the amenities that were offered. For what this resort lacks that make up for in the friendless of the staff.
We have traveled quite a bit to other Islands, and always stay in the best we can afford. The ocean view room we had had a great ocean view, we were pleased with that.
The room size was average I would have like it more roomy, it could have used a bigger shower. It's small about 36" the jacuzzi tub in the wash area is a good size, I didn't use it though after being in the pool all day, most of the days. I used the shower. The topic of the bed is understated, the bed is very very firm, we had to ask for the pillow top to be put on twice, now mind you they were accommodating but the bed still remained HARD. I would rate the bed as 2% softer than sleeping on the marble floor. The bed room was set up to feel breezy and every thing was clean and tidy. In the excellence club there was unlimited bar and top notch liquor. My husband likes Bud beer and they immediately filled the fridge with the Bud for him. We never did open the bottles of Rum, Scotch, and Whiskey so they let us take that home. You can get your monies worth in the booze alone. Everything was replaced daily and no limit on anything you wanted. Except for the bath gel and soap, for what ever reason there must be a shortage there I had to call down several days for bath gel and soap.
We liked the breakfast and lunch better than the dinners. The french restaurant had the best steak dinner but the lunch buffet in the Tuscano restaurant was great,.
We met some really nice people around the pool and had a good time hanging out with them.
The shows I would give them a E for effort, we actually only made it to a few, and there were ok. I didn't care for the Michael Jackson show.
We played Texas hold'em one night and that was more fun to me.
We did not go the casino, we were warned not to play the progressive roulette and any Caribbean poker.
We choose to go on 2 excursions the Solerano Island, and the deep sea fishing. The island trip was over rated, I brought my own snorkel and mask along, they said there was snorkeling but they did not offer equipment. The water looked clear till you got under water the visibility was only about 10 to 15 feet. We saw a few schools of fish near the pilings but not much else. When we were leaving they took the Jon boat over to the pilings and threw in some bread then we saw some fish. They took us to what they called a natural lake, it was just a different part of the water where the star fish were. That was cool seeing the star fish. The bad part of this trip is the long car ride there about 2 hours to the location and 2 hrs back. I could have skipped this trip.
On our fishing trip it started off slow felt like a whale watching trip then we got some bites there were only 5 people fishing so that was good we weren't on top of each other. We would take turns to sit in the fishing chair, when my turn was up I had a sail fish on the line, I am not an experienced fish person and was cranking that fish in with all my might, I had my husband take over and we brought in a 70lb sail fish. that was great.
We generally like to get out and see the country side more than just staying at the resort but that's us. We didn't do that there, after traveling back and forth for the excursions we pretty much saw all town. It was an experience that on the whole was enjoyable, but I wouldn't go back there, we meet people who said they go there every year and have for 9 years. That was the same when we went on a cruise and that's how this felt a cruise vacation on land. If you like the personal attention you get with a smaller resort, which I do, this was a good choice. I would recommend this with some exceptions as I have mentioned. I didn't like the idea of going to a larger resort thinking it would take for ever to get to your room and such. The staff made coming to this resort more enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Expedia, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence