My partner and I just stayed at Excellence Punta Cana (arrived home yesterday night), and we had an amazing time. We read several reviews about the resort and had some concerns, but have to say that those who found faults in this resort ... likely would find faults anywhere they stayed. It's a shame that these kind of people go on holiday and can't just be happy that they are in a lovely place, with superior amenities and superior service. We would gladly go back again.
The staff are accomodating and friendly, we had excellent service throughout our stay. Highly recommend the upgrade to the Excellence Club. Where food is concerned, there should be no issue finding something that will more than satisfy you. With eight restaurants to choose from there are plenty of options (and because it's all inclusive you can simply try everything and find what you like). The atmosphere was extremely relaxing. Because the pool(s) go on forever it's very easy to choose areas that are quiet and peaceful -or- if you like a little more action (nothing crazy) there are areas for that as well. Alternatively you can also choose to lounge in the breeze at the beach (strongly recommend the platform beds for a nap!) where drink service is superb.
Be sure to take advantage of the amenities within the resort. Definitely have a massage at the spa (fantasitc) and absolutely visit Rolando 'the pro' for a tennis lesson. We had lessons with him every morning and he was a pleasure.
For those who've read some of the negative comments, take note:
- There are do not disturb signs (you put a card in your door)
- The bugs are not bad (expect a bite or two a most)
- The beach is lovely - groomed every morning
- Yes bring your own sunscreen, advil, etc. (doesn't everyone know to do this?)
- The drinks are not watered down (if they were you could simply get another, it's all inclusive after all!)
- The drive to the resort is long and at times bumpy, but don't forget where you are (where you arrive is more than worth the drive)
We would gladly visit Excellence Punta Cana again! If you're torn between Excellence and somewhere else, choose this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This quaint, colonial-style resort is the ideal destination for couples seeking secluded romantic getaways. Nestled among palms on a perfect white-sand beach on a remote stretch of Punta Cana's Caribbean shoreline, Excellence Punta Cana provides the perfect All-Inclusive playground for adults only and is also home to a world-class spa, state-of-the-art fitness center and an exceptional range of activities and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Ebookers, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Excellence Punta Cana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Secrets Excellence Punta Cana
- Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Resort
- Secrets Punta Cana
- Excellence Punta Cana Dominican Republic
- Excellence Dominican Republic
- Punta Cana Excellence Hotel
- Excellence Punta Cana Hotel
- Secret Excellence Resort Punta Cana
- Punta Cana Secrets Excellence