“Superb Italian Oasis!!! Thanks Nino”
Review of O Sole Mio

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
O Sole Mio
Ranked #175 of 307 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Italian
USA
“Superb Italian Oasis!!! Thanks Nino”
Reviewed 18 March 2012

It has been a while since I enjoyed sucha a great plate of pasta. I had the Porcini and Shrimp Fettucini adn really enjoyed it. Pasta well cooked and sauce was silky and well balanced. My girlfirend had a classic dish of Nino's Penne with Spinach and Ricotta, mine was silky, but this was amazingly smooth, creamy, cheesy, wanted to order one to go...

Prices are ok, but everything in this area has a it overpriced. Quality/quantity to price O'sole Mio is a great Bet.

Say hello to Nino, amazing guy.

Let me know how it goes.

R

• Visited March 2012

Singapore, Singapore
“A REAL SUN IN THE MIDDLE OF A CROSSROADS”
Reviewed 22 December 2011

This is the truth. Once you have gone through all the dangers imaginable when driving your car in Veron,Dominican Republic; cars parking without any blinkers,a motorcycle with 3 or sometimes 4 people on them,trucks that carry gasoline and diesel to the gas stations or the hotels in Punta Cana, kids who are at times crossing the road without any care from their parents and a crossroads called el "Cruce de Veron" then you will find a true peaceful place. Like an oasis after an immense desert.

First of all you will meet Nino,the owner and founder of the restaurant,and main chef.Then of course you will taste his totally home-made pasta in several presentations,spaguetti, farfalle,fetuccini,etcetera spelled with delight!

It is indeed a place where all danger is worth the travel to taste one of the best Italian food outside of Italy,of course.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank SUNSKYWALKER
New York
“THIS IS SIMPLY EXCELLENT!!!!”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

I had really been deliberating whether to share here on Trip Advisor my review of this wonderfully charming restaurant because of fear of it becoming too popular. I have now been here with both partner and family a total of 6 times, and if I were not leaving DR in a few days, and I am making sure to go back in 2 days, I would probably want to come here for lunch/diner every week. Anyway this is not your typical red sauce (as a matter of fact I have not really noticed much red sauce) Italian restaurant - it is so much more - a gourmet type experience. The outstanding appetizers from an eggplant type parmesan, to a spinach/bacon type dish to your salad caprese to a very different salad with grilled fish on top (I could go on). Nino the owner and chef always has dishes he makes fresh. The other evening we had a delicious osso bucco, we had homemade fettucine with a portobello mushroom - delciioso, my daughter came with 5 others for dinner - they had langostinos, pasta fruiti di mari, fresh sea bass wrapped in herbs, etc etc etc. Nino's wife Cela makes the desserts, a chocolate soufle - so good. Anyway, get my drift - I think this restaurant which has been in Punta Cana since the 1990's (that says something) is superb. Call them for directions or find the lovely house with an outside veranda on a busy street in Veron. Really a great find

• Visited August 2011