Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
3,780 results
All reviewsvip poolvip areamonte cristola bambolamontecristo buffetsports barpalm treesmain poolspecialty restaurantscaribbean streetvip roombeds pushed togetheropen conceptliquor dispenserdominican republicentertainment areaentertainment staff
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Second time at this hotel & still impressed at how spotless the place is, staff constantly cleaning & gardening.
The service is always good & I always found the staff very friendly even when they don't speak much English.
This hotel has the best beach on the resort with its coconut trees for shade & always has plenty of loungers that aren't packed together so there is a great sense of space.
The only strange thing I found was that after the nightly entertainment finishes (about 11pm), everyone goes to bed. There is a 24 hour sports bar which gets little use so is a bit hit & miss so can have the atmosphere of Morrissey's stag night.
Overall though this is a great place for a relaxing holiday and you would not get the same level of service & amenities in Spain or Greece for the same cost

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 17 August 2014

My partner and I have just returned from Palace Bavaro today, after a wonderful relaxing 2 week break.
The hotel is beautifully kept and the staff can not do enough to help you. They are always smiling and singing. They are really happy in their work and show this all day, even though they are only paid $20 a day!!. The entertainments team are brilliant and provided many hours of laughter around the pool and on the beach.
The beach is beautiful although can be hard to find solitude at times, but is by no means tightly packed.
We would like to thanks all the staff for making our holiday such a relaxing and enjoyable one.
We will definitely be returning in the future.

Room Tip: Best room for sea and pool view room 3077, this overlooks the stage area and can at times be noisy but you can sit on the balcony and have a drink watching the entertainment.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue61_11
Reviewed 16 August 2014

My family stayed at the Riu Palace Bavaro the 2nd week in August and had a great time. We chose this hotel as we had stayed at the Riu Palace Mexico before and loved it.

The hotel is very nice and is very clean. There is quite a smell though. I got used to the smell in the lobby and in our room and I think it's a little similar to a mixture of Pine Sol and mildew. However, the smell is overwhelmingly awful when the sprinklers are going off. We paid $350 extra when we got there to upgrade to an oceanview suite, which were were supposed to get an oceanview upgrade when we got there, but they conveniently had no rooms left so if we wanted ocean view we had to pay quite a bit more. This was a little frustrating. Our view was spectacular though. We overlooked the pool and could easily see the beach and water. Even though our room was close to the pool and beach, to get there we had to walk a ton. I was very surprised, the only way to get to and from our room was to go almost all the way back to the lobby to the elevators. It was crazy to actually walk past our room and then still spend 10 minutes walking to actually get to it. There were a couple of stair cases that led to the back part of the resort which you then had to walk way around the gardens to get back to the path so the stairs weren't any shorter.

I would say that the food was average at best. I think that at a large buffet you need to realize that they are cooking for a massive amount of people and it's hard to get everything right. I would think that everyone could at least find something that they like as the variety is good... it's just that nothing was great tasting.. it was all just okay. What was disappointing was the steak restaurant Taino. I was shocked that they even brought it to me. It would have immediately been sent back in the US as it was 80% all fat. I think I got 4 bites. I'm still not sure how people manage to get the reservations they do as that was the only restaurant we could get reservations for.

Everyone is very nice at the resort, but overall service is lacking. I realize that I'm comparing it to the other Riu Palace we've stayed at, but the service didn't come close. We tipped here and there, but didn't always want to bring money with us. One night at the buffet, a pregnant waitress was great with our toddler, we didn't have any money with us so we couldn't tip her. The next night she was so incredibly rude and wouldn't serve us at all. I had to flag her down just to get water. I think she was so rude because we had not tipped her the night before, which made me not want to tip her then.

One of the worst things was the noise from the shows at night. We were not even close to the stage, but on more than one night, the noise was so loud we couldn't even hear our TV. With two small children, this was a big problem. We asked about changing rooms and they said they would have to put us in a very small room without a view and that really all rooms can hear the music. The music usually stopped a little after midnight. I was pretty shocked by the noise level.

On to the good...The hotel is beautiful. The grounds are gorgeous and immaculate. The beach is also beautiful and since a great beach is what matters a lot to us we were pleased! However...my husband did have to go down early to save us chairs and there's quite a lot of seaweed on the beach and in the water. The pool is also great -- again, my husband would save us chairs there as well. The entertainment staff was wonderful! They were very energetic and great at getting everyone involved.

I wish I could give the hotel a 3.5. Overall it was a nice trip.. will we go again? -- Probably not. Everything about the Mexico Riu Palace was better... the hotel, the service, the beach, the pool, the food.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Went on this vacation with 4 other friends and it was just perfect! From the hotel room down to the staff. It was an excellent experience and I am really happy that the Riu Palace is where I got to spend my first trip in Punta Cana.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Miranda0212
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Stayed there in early Feb '14. Hotel was doing a remodel, which we get might require some patience, but our rooms had such strong paint fumes, we had to relocate - they were amenable to it but it took a lot of waiting. If you're a wine drinker, you'll find most of the all inclusive options undrinkable, but local Presidente beer is good. Surprisingly, the food in the huge dining buffet room was often better than the cuisine specific restaurants (which require reservations in advance). We found the front desk, bar and wait staff and those leading activities to be delightful - funny and friendly, patient and fun loving! We didn't spend much time in the room, so the staff interaction really counted for a lot.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends