Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$334
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$4,000
US$379
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$230
US$120
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$157/night.

Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$412
US$336
US$658
US$406
Priceline
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$516
US$443
US$331
US$241
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$353
US$257
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$285/night.

Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$510
US$256
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$284
US$239
3,856 results
All reviewsvip poolvip areamonte cristola bambolamontecristo buffetsports barpalm treesmain poolcaribbean streetspecialty restaurantsvip roombeds pushed togetheropen conceptdominican republicentertainment areaentertainment staffitalian restaurant
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This holiday we have to say has to be one of the best places we have visited. Dominican Republic is a truly beautiful island and the people are too. The hotel is well worth the 5 star rating, the food is delicious in the main restaurant and varied every night. The Other restaurant however are disappointing and lack atmosphere and menu choice!
The cocktail bar is well worth a visit, if you sit at the bar you get the drinks mixed in front of you and are far nicer than if you sit down and get them mixed at the back of the bar, so just be aware of this.
The beach is beautiful and was constantly being cleaned and fussed over after the hurricane in September we arrived on the 24th September for two weeks so the damage to the beach although minimal was evident.
The room was gorgeous and the maid service was great. Our maid was very attentive and we tipped her accordingly.
The pool area was our only concern. The music was loud and at times overbearing, sped up to the extreme and you just could not get away from it even on the beach when they put the speakers on the sand. Don’t get me wrong I like music, but not banging, chipmunk sounding bumping screaming music which makes you just want to do a Basil Fawlty on the music system!
That was ONLY complaint that there was no quiet area if you wanted one.
Our holiday and and trip to Saona Island was awesome and we would certainly go back.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Alis3518
Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I have visited the DR many many times but my first visit to this hotel. I was amazed at how clean it was kept and the staff in every area were brilliant and the service was spot on.

Drinks brilliant
Food brilliant
Rooms brilliant
Staff brilliant
Pool area brilliant
Water. Park brilliant specially for the kids

Our next family trip is a must at the Rui Palace Bavaro

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Aneez M
Reviewed 4 October 2017

My family, 2 adults and 2 kids, stayed at this resort July 29-August 3rd. We have stayed at a lot of of all-inclusive resorts and I always consult tripadvisor before booking. This was the first time that all of the reviews I read were right on point and that we encountered exactly the same things for which I was very surprised. I definitely will not be returning to this resort.
First of all the decor of the resort is gorgeous, very modern and very colorful. The lobby, restaurants are very nice ambiance beautifully decorated.
There was quite a bit of seaweed in the ocean most days but other days it cleared up enough that we really enjoyed the water and swimming even with the few pieces of seaweed around us. The beach is beautiful and very nice to take a long walk, the neighboring hotel is the Iberostar and if you walk for a little while to the right you can get to some beachfront shops with souvenirs and jewlery.
The resorts kid's club is practically non-existent, we never left the kids there because we barely saw anyone and only one time we were in the kids pool area they set up a water balloon fight. There was some other little things for kids but definitely not to the degree that we have seen at other resorts that have a bigger emphasis on the kids.
The shape of the swimming pool here is long and narrow, which is a very inconvenient design. We found the pool to be overcrowded and people were too close to each other was like an obstacle course. The other very weird design of the pool is that the swim-up bar is in a separate pool than the long main pool. You have to get out of the main pool walk into the one with the bar and because of this the same people would just stay in that pool all the time. For a few of the days there were guests there that were the most obnoxious that I have seen thus far at any other resort. Don’t get me wrong, I am a very easy going person and I love when everyone has a lot of fun and a great time, however this was extreme. The people were hogging all of the bar space and signing at the top of their lungs that the neighboring resorts probably heard them too. The thing is that the singing, yelling, chanting continued for hours on end. They had no regard or respect for the fact that there were other guests there and that there were little kids swimming near them too. Security does nothing to quiet them or calm their behavior which included splashing water and play fighting, etc. The disappointment here was also that the bartenders focus was only on them so to get their attention to order something was very difficult. This also happened when there were Spanish speaking guests (we speak English only) their priority is to cater to those Spanish speaking guests first and fully. I read the same comments about the obnoxious other guests in other reviews so this must be something that happens often or because there is no regulation for respect towards others.
My biggest complaint and disbelief with this resort is that they blast music (as others noted as well) until almost midnight and the way that the resort is set up the theater with the music is somewhat in the middle of tons of rooms so it really doesn’t matter which room you have you can hear it through the glass doors of the balcony. Fortunately my kids were able to fall asleep since they were tired from the day but for my husband and I it was hard to fall asleep. I cannot believe that a resort would be so inconsiderate to its guests.
The room was very big, spacious there was a king bed in our room and a pull out couch for the kids to sleep on which was great. There was a Jacuzzi free standing tub kind of in the middle of the room, a huge shower and a separate water closet with the toilet, closet, etc. The room was beautifully decorated, very modern, clean, very little mold only what is expected in this type of climate. However, the shower had an overhead rain head which totally didn’t work and the faucets sprayed everywhere too.
Towards the end of our stay, we decided to go to breakfast and then come back to the room to get our pool/beach stuff only to find that our card reader had stopped working. This was a problem noted in another review so I couldn’t believe our luck because this was a HUGE inconvenience for us. We had to go back to the lobby, then go back to the room, no one came, so we had to go again to the lobby. We were assured someone would come so we just waited by the room until someone did show up who couldn’t fix it for a while and since we weren’t changed into our bathing suits we had no choice but to wait by the door until he fixes it. It cost us around 2 hours waiting time and then after we got in, my husband went to pick up something from the room only to find that the card reader wasn’t working again. He complained to the manager who assured him that he would oversee that it is fixed once and for all. Then the manager came to the pool area to find my husband and personally apologize to him.
The food at the buffet was alright, there was very nice selection of different things even sushi and lobster. However the lobster was not prepared very well and didn’t taste good, even in the steakhouse a la carte restaurant. The Italian restaurant and Japanese were pretty good. We found that the food was just different in the Dominican than it is in let’s say Mexico or Jamaica. There is still a lot to choose from but the preparation of the food is not the greatest, most fish and meats that I selected were over cooked and chewy, but it was very hit or miss because other things were pretty good.
Be very careful with the tap water and make sure to use only bottled watered to brush your teeth. There were at least 3 othe guests that I spoke to that had stomach problems but there is not certainty if its the food or got some tap water.
As with any resort - make the best out of it, enjoy the sun and sand.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Just returned yesterday (09/30/2017) after 4 days at the Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro. I can not say enough great things about this place. Service was the best of the best, room very nice and very clean, staff very friendly. The only complaint I have is not with the resort itself but with the transfer provided by the resort. It took 2+ hours from boarding the bus at the airport to reaching the resort, which was very frustrating...but not usually the norm. However returning to the airport the service was swift and prompt. Upon arrival at the resort we were taken care of with great care by Anthony at the reception desk. He made sure we were well taken care of. The maid service kept our room pristine and made sure we had everything we needed. We spent our days at the VIP swim up bar with Ivan & Leury. They took excellent care of us. Such friendly guys and we never wanted or needed for anything. Our cups were never empty and we engaged in pleasant conversation with both of them. The food here is very good and all the wait staff are friendly and accommodating. We only took in the show one night....the night they did the Rock & Roll musical. It was the very best show we have ever seen at a Riu and we have been to several Riu's many, many times. This was either our 4th or 5th visit to this particular Riu and we are already planning a return visit. If you want to get away and enjoy a beautiful beach, friendly staff, good service and food you definitely should not discount this resort. It is truly Paradise.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Thomas1625
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Why I picked this resort:
I found an excellent deal (179/nt) on Priceline for a Fourth of July trip to RIU Palace Bavaro. Please be aware, this resort sits on same stretch of beach as 4 other RIU properties (Macao, Bambu, Punta Cana, Naiboa). Each property offers a little something different, but the Palace Bavaro seems to be the most recent and does not seem to be as crowded as others.

Room Selection:
Poor service at this property began from the moment we checked in. The man working the front desk made repeated attempts to sell me “Beachfront” upgrades under the table for cash straight to him. Upon looking at these options, beachfront looks into a thick forest of palm trees with no views of the water. The “beachfront” buildings are only two stories tall as well, so no hope of seeing over trees either. I would suggest opting for an upper floor room in one of the taller building overlooking the pool/property. If traveling without I kids, I highly recommend staying in one of the VIP buildings which includes access to the VIP pool and bar for a much more relaxed atmosphere. *WARNING: BE CAREFUL WITH ROOMS IN THE MAIN BUILDING THAT SIT DIRECTLY OVER THE ENTERTAINMENT STAGE. ENTERTAINMENT IS LOUD AND RUNS NIGHTLY UNTIL 11-11:30*

Service:
Main reason for 3 star review is the lack of service at this property. From the aforementioned check in experience, to the steakhouse refusing to serve me additional items at an all-inclusive, the staff came up short in virtually every aspect of service. I have stayed at RIU Palace in Aruba and can tell you from firsthand experience you get what you pay for! Night and day between service and food in Aruba vs. Punta Cana

Transportation:
Taxi ride to and from the airport was $ 40 US each way for two people from the Punta Cana airport. I did not take taxi anywhere else

Excursions:
Plenty of Excursions operated by onsite Tour Company. Wife and I decided not to take excursions on this trip, but heard great reviews from others about Saona Island!

Final Thoughts:
- Couples make sure to purchase/request VIP buildings and pool access.
- Families make sure to take advantage of Water Park available onsite at RIU complex. There are many water slides and is sure to provide a couple of hours of fun!
- Main pool seemed to be crowded with loud music and lots of action.
- Best food option is the filet option at Krystal restaurant
- Recommend this resort for anyone who finds it at a reasonable price and is ok with lacking service

Room Tip: Upper floor of VIP Buildings
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kokomo1037
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your loyalty to RIU Hotels & Resorts and for taking the time to give us your constructive and valued feedback. We are very disappointed to find that this time your experience did not live up to what you usually expect from us. As a global brand, we strive to maintain consistent levels of quality in our hotels throughout the world.

We appreciate our guests’ comments since they help us improve our services. We will share your impressions with the corresponding department in order to make adjustments.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and give us a chance to demonstrate the high standards of Guest Service that are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro