“LOVED THIS RESORT”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Baltimore, Maryland
“LOVED THIS RESORT”
Reviewed 17 June 2011

So, this was our first time in Domincan republic and we loved this island. Now to the resort, I was a little scared at first when we got to the resort gate and I didnt see any ocean. I calmed down when I was told that was the other side of the resort :)
We were welcomed by the bellboys with drinks and they took care of our luggage. The hotel staff were really helpful throughout our stay and this place was beautiful.
I loved the fact that there was a train that can take you to the other hotels within the resort and u can enjoy their restaurants. I tell you, the food = wonderful.... Loved everything and would return....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank teeblahnick
ltajes, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 June 2011
We really appreciate your comments, this is the best motivation for all staff who work daily to provide a quality service.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (759)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I spend a week in this resort and i will NEVER come back. The service is the worst i ever seen, very rude people working in the same place.
The hotel was good but too big, unconfortable. The room service was very bad. I dont recomend it to nobody

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank MERLS
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2011

we arrived on the 31st may and from 1st june we have watched building progress for 14 days. this is on punta cana around 72 73 74 and75 blocks last 3 not in use. we were offered a move nearer arrecife restaurant but declined as the same thing was happening there. the rooms in block 72 also had a plumbing problem and the bath and sink gurgled all night maintenence would try to free blockage and leave sewage\ waste lieing on grounds adjacent to block 72 smell and mosquitos unbearable. rooms very tired and broken and the worst 5 ttttt hotel i have ever been to. food was at best a 2-3 star and service in dining room very hit and miss manners sometimes non existent .

Room Tip: dont accept block 72
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank cheverel
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 June 2011
Thank very much for the comments posted in this review.
I just want to inform you that following our guests suggestions, most of them posted in this page , we are renovating part of the rooms of the Grand Palladium Section, and restaurant El Arrecife and we are building an amazing new mini and baby club.
This do not affect our services, due that the actually miniclub still working and we oppened other restaurants to offer the Arrecife Services.
This improvements will be only in this low season.
We are allways triyng to not lodge guests near to this buildings form now on, due that we are in a low season and we have a very big amount of rooms availables.
Works are surrondend by a something like a Black courtain that avoids the visual impatc.
We hope that this, will help us to icrease our quality and offer all our guests the best......
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This resort is amazing!!! It was my first time there, my parents had gone the year before and loved it so much, they had to go back!!

About 30 mins from the airport! (crazy dominican drivers ) :)

The staff is amazing, very helpful, most did speak English. Found that the cleaning ladies and grounds people didn't speak much English, but did there best to help you. And I dont mind learning a bit of spanish anyway!!!

The rooms are beautiful, well laid out, and clean! Huge bathroom, double sinks, walk in shower. There is an ihome for charging ipods, you will need a convertor for the plugs. I think you can buy those on the resort.

The pool was very close to our room, just a short walk, had a great swim up bar and awesome games in the afternoon. It was spring break when we went and there were hundreds of loud college students, we later heard that many were kicked out and the resort was cancelling all future spring breakers! Very glad to here! :) this is very much a family/couples resort.

The beach - Very windy, but the water was so warm, and sand white! It was perfect! We played games all morning at the beach with the POP Animation team! They were great, all very funny! Great people! And they did speak English, some better than others. (same people that do games at the beach) And the winners from the games get a prize later that night before the nightly show.

The food was good, had a variety of items. No one got sick. Make sure you go to the Sports Bar! its open 24/7 and has great food, watch a few different sports games!

Will be going back to this resort! Its a 10 star!!! :)

Room Tip: Ask!!! Can't hurt!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
14 Thank Ellen8771
Petawawa, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2011

After lots of research into the many resorts available in the Dominican, I decided to book Palladium Bavaro for our honeymoon this past month...and am I ever glad that's where we ended up!

We booked the "romance suite" which was BEAUTIFUL! We were in the villa right by the beach, which was nice and quiet. Going during the off-season is DEFINITELY a plus! There was always room by the pool and on the beach, it never took longer than a minute to find seats that were pool-side or ocean-front.

The only thing that we could find to complain about was the buffet food. Now don't get me wrong, it was good!! but I wouldn't say that the food was excellent...it was just typical buffet food. Definitely edible, but nothing to write home about. The a la carte restaurants were very good though. Since we were there in the off-season, we didn't even need reservations!!

We did a few out-trips, including zip-lining and a snorkeling trip. Zip-lining was FANTASTIC and we HIGHLY recommend it!!! It is definitely worth the $89 each!!! it's about a 45 minute drive from the resort, during which you get a GREAT tour of the cities and then a beautiful (but bumpy) drive up through the mountains. The snorkeling trip however...was not quite what we were looking for. If you sign up for snorkeling with the "Tropical Storm" boat, you should expect more of a "booze cruise" type trip. We were just looking to snorkel and ended up stuck on a boat from 9am-3pm while most of the boat got completely wasted. Not being heavy drinkers, we ended up having an okay time having a good laugh at some of the "party-ers" but the 45 minutes snorkel that we got just wasn't worth it for us.

The resort grounds are absolutely beautiful. The beach is fantastic and the swimming area they have on the beach is perfect.

We spent two days scuba diving with the on-site dive center. If you scuba dive or are interested in scuba diving, ask for Mike. He did a FANTASTIC job with us!! My husband is a diver in the canadian forces, and wanted me to get certified as an open water diver while we were down there. We got all of my certification done in 2 days and Mike took us on 4 incredible dives. There are so many things to see and so many places to dive it's wonderful!

The service was fantastic!! From the bell-boys to the front desk to the maids to the servers, everyone at the resort was so friendly and never hesitated to say "hola" or "buenos dias" anytime they saw you. At any meal, our glasses were never empty. The dominican people are some of the nicest people we have ever met. They are very hard workers and LOVE when you make the effort to speak in their language. They are happy to help you learn!!

Room Tip: Book the suite! it's worth it!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
15 Thank sartaylor19
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2011

As this was my first holiday outside of the UK, I did not know what to expect after looking at pictures and reading all the reviews on here. I don't know where to start?. Well as we got off the coach and entered the lobby all I could say was "WOW", the children were occupied by the fish in the lobby while we checked in our family of 7 which was very painless. We were taken to our rooms (junior suites) which were fantastic, comfy beds, clean rooms, cool, huge bathroom with hydro bath (which everyone loved) and a balcony with chairs looking out to the blue sky and palm trees, with having children aged 3 and 4 we were on the ground floor, my eldest son aged 11 and the grand parents were directly above us with higher ceilings and higher view from balcony but exactly the same clean spacious standard, the rooms were cleaned daily with fresh towels and the fridge stocked daily with water, beer and pop. Now the beach.....WOW..... white endless sand clear blue sea and happy people everywhere, games music and salsa every morning, beach bars up the beach and plenty of sun beds, but you need to be up early if you want an umbrella shade (and I admit I was one of the mad ones who got up early to get the shade but that was due to having young children who needed shade at times) but I would recommend going to the beach early and take your camera as the picture of the huge sun, palm trees and sea was beautiful and will be in my head forever, and the beach is where we spent every morning of our holiday. The pool was great, with a children's pool right next to the main pool but divided by glass so they can see into the big pool, the bar staff were friendly at the pool side bar and the in pool bar. There were games, water polo, music and pool aerobics all organised by the "pop" staff (people of palladium staff) They are friendly, funny, happy and do everything they can to make you enjoy your holiday. Every afternoon they came to us told us to relax as they took the children over to the kids pool and entertained them for hours with beads, balloons and water, we could see them having fun and hear them laughing from the bar. They entertained our kids on the beach in the morning, at the pool in the afternoon, and dancing to party songs at the "mini disco" every evening (not sure who enjoyed that more, us or the kids), The shows in the theatre were really good and I recommend the "Michael Jackson Show" and the "Circus" they were fantastic. If you do not fancy the shows then relax in the lobby bar with "live" entertainment every night, and yet again the "pop" staff are there offering to dance with you, just have a friendly chat, or entertain the kids by sitting them on the floor behind our table playing board games, card games, building with blocks and even just taking them for a walk around the lobby looking at the fish, they were amazing people who are always happy and a delight to be around. Our eldest son just took himself off to the "black and white club" every night which had drinks, pool, table football, unlimited internet, PS3, Wii and X-Box with plenty of up to date games which is a teenagers heaven and an escape from the adults. The train was fun and ran every half hour, it takes you all round the the other resorts which were nice but we did prefer the Bavaro. Now the food.... All I can say is you won't go hungry, the only problem I had was choosing what to have without over eating. Every night was different including Spanish, Italian, Oriental, Mexican, American and more but if you did not fancy the themed food there was still plenty of choice I have never seen so much variety of food in one place, and that was just the buffet. The other restaurants were really nice if you want to be waited on but the buffet restaurant offers everything you need and is just fantastic . Hygiene was good too as they use hand gel on everyone before entering any of the food areas. The only thing we found was the lack of spoons, getting to the table and no spoons to eat your cereal or soup and it took for ever for a waiter to get back with them, so the 2nd day onwards we just took them from the nearest table which had spoons it was not a big issue and certainly not worth writing a bad review about. Drinks were great quality and big measures, the waiting staff in restaurants,pool bars and lobby do take a while bringing drinks to your table but this is due to the amount of tables they wait at once, since there are no queues at the bars why not walk a few meters and enjoy friendly banter with the staff and get your own drinks, if you want waiter service all the time then just order drinks while you still have drinks on the table problem solved, but again I can not justify writing a bad review like some people have for such a minor thing and I think people who have complained about this are petty as the staff are all polite, friendly and work really hard all day long. Every member of staff we met kept asking if our youngest were "twins" which started many friendly conversations and after a few days we were called either "The family" or "The twins". All in all the resort is huge, the staff are amazing, The people who have written bad reviews must have been staying somewhere else. I felt I had to write this review as the pictures in the brochures are nothing compared to the real thing, if you want paradise and the holiday of your dreams then do not hesitate, after all we had such a fantastic time we are going back to the Bavaro and I think that says it all. Go on book now........ you won't regret it.

Room Tip: Junior suites are comfy and spacious
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
17 Thank helenb1978
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 June 2011
We want to thank for this accurate and detailed review.
We are very happy to know that guests ejoyed their experiences with us. This is the best present we can receive¡¡¡¡ and they give us much power to continue improving and working hard.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2011

We have just returned from a 2 wk stay at the Grand Palladium Bavaro and I have to say that this has to be the most memorable holiday to date. The staff are the most friendly & laid back people I have met but so helpful.
The language barrier was helped by regular evening visits to your tables from menbers of the 'POP' team who encouraged you to use some of the most used dialect just to make you feel 'at home' for your stay. I think they really appreciate you trying to speak Spanish - even if just a little!
We did learn that a dollar tip goes a long way just to order a couple of drinks, as the waiters did tend to look after you from then on. We also left the maid a couple of dollars a day which was much appreciated and the beautiful floral displays were lovely.
We read some reviews prior to holidaying here and we now learn that some people will never be happy with what they get. Good luck to you if your standards are higher than ours but we were perfectly happy and would recommend the Palladium Bavaro without hesitation.
The a la carte restaurants on the complexes were fab and the food was 1st class! Just go early so as not to disappoint as they get full early!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
#53 of 111 in Punta Cana
Sunscape Dominican Beach Punta Cana

Been to Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!