“Lovely Resort with Lovely People”

Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Laurel, Maryland
“Lovely Resort with Lovely People”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I just touched down back home to Washington, D.C from the Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites and Spa and I did not want to leave. The staff was amazing, especially Elizaebeth who works the front desk. She was so welcoming and funny, terrific english and excellent customer service! We was greeted with tropical punch and nice clean alcohol towels to keep refresh while we wait. The bellman was very pleasant, professional and carry our luggage for us to the room. Me and my friend were upgraded from the junior suite deluxe, to the junior suite master, with no extra charge. The room was amazing, it had 2 queen size beds, flat screen tv, sofa bed, and the bathroom was awesome with a whirlpool Jacuzzi tub, frosted glass shower and frosted glass toilet with double sinks. Also had a walk out balcony with 2 lounge chairs and a table. The Villa we stayed at was villa 55 which consisted of 4 suites in a 2 level building, not bad at all and was very quiet. We were also closer to the beach, outside bar, and outside buffet eatery. The beach was nicely kept up, very clean and the sand/ocean was so beautiful and warm. The water was just right and refreshing. The pools were outstanding and the bar staff were very pleasant and made outstanding drinks. The popular drink for shots is the Mamajuana, me and my friends took shots back to back from morning to night. They also have a group of young employees, possibly teenagers called POP, which I believe might stand for People of Pallidum. They kept the crowd pump at the club and they also do Zumba by the pool with other different fun activities. Last, but not least, I am a single female and all I can say are the MEN are definitely eye candy to look at down at the resort. I met a couple of nice gentlemen at the buffets who were absolutely gorgeous, and very nice and welcoming. The food at the buffets were 8 out of 10 stars, but the restaurants on the resort and the sports bar are also free to eat at guessing if you purchase an inclusive package. Overall, I had a great time and amazing experience, outside of the resort, me and my friends did go zip-lining, and parasailing. There are plenty of excursions to chose from. If you do decide to travel to the Dominican Republic, I would recommend staying at the Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites and Spa. AWESOME staff, clean resort, good food, nice beach, and fantastic club. I did not want to leave and is already booking another stay for August.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Rsegarra, Director General at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Vettaboo,

Words are missing to express our gratitude for having chosen Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as your second home in Punta Cana as well as for the trust placed in us.

We managed to create unforgettable experiences and it is an honor to hear that we have surpassed all your expectations.

Your recognition on the effort and dedication demonstrated by our staff members such as Elizabeth and the POP Team is greatly appreciated since it is thanks to staff members like them that we can achieve our goal-the total satisfaction of our guests.

Needless to say, we will be anxiously expecting your next visit.

R. Segarra.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (768)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Just back from a week at the Grand Palladium Bavaro. The resort is really very good for an all inclusive. Our room was large and clean, beaches were beautiful white and pink sand. I really appreciated the ease of getting into the restaurants as this is usually not each at all inclusive resorts. The only complaint I have is with the on-site Dolfin Dive Center. Stay away from the glass bottom boat - the captain was terrible, not nice, during the "party" stop he was off on another boat drinking and then making out with some girl - was gross, then he was a jerk on the way back. The snorkeling was crowded and not as long as it was supposed to be (I think he was i a hurry to get to the party area!) The person operating the dive shop was also really unfriendly and unhelpful. We took another snorkeling trip on a boat with beginner scuba divers and that trip was great - good captain and good snorkeling.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Steve U,

Words are missing to express our gratitude for having chosen Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as your second home in Punta Cana as well as for sharing your impressions through Tripadvisor with thousands of travelers to our destination.

It is an honor to hear that once more we were able to provide an amazing vacation.

Your recognition on the effort and dedication demonstrated by our staff members are greatly appreciated and I will personally transmit your compliments.

Needless to say, we will be anxiously expecting your next visit. Your “home away from home” awaits you.

R. Segarra
Evansville, Indiana
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just returned from 4 days at the Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites. Had a wonderful - 4 days wasn't quite enough.
Our room was in the 1800 numbers. We walked versus using the golf carts. This location is quite a ways from the Lobby and Buffet but it was great exercise and the scenery along the way was great. The room was very roomy. We didn't use the jacquzzi but it was nice to hang damp clothes on. Loved the large shower. Several nights we sat on our patio. Didn't notice any bugs although we packed our insect repellent.
We used the pool at this resort and the resort next to us. Pool was quiet. The pool games usually started around 4pm. We walked the beach several days. They have a large beach area.
The only down side to the vacation was the ale carte restaurants. We were told upon check in reservations weren't needed. On the second night we went to the Italian restaurant and at 6:45 we were told they had taken all the customers they could. They opened at 6pm. Later we talked with folks who walked in at 7:30 and were seated. There was a 2 hour wait for the steak house that night so we went back to the buffet. Another night same thing - Mexican restaurant full. I suppose we could have insisted on reservations but we were happy eating in the sports bar and buffet. So I really can't comment on the food at the ale carte's since we never got in.
Loved our 4 days. Loved the people, the resort, and the beach.

Room Tip: Our room in the 1800 section was great - very quiet. I do think the rooms that set closer to the ro...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cruisetmc
Dear cruisetmc,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your recent vacation. I also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and let aware future travelers to our destination about our excellent services.

Besides our guests, our personnel is one of our most important assets that never cease in its effort to go above and beyond in order to satisfy all our guests’ needs.

Hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are a family of 4, husband and I are 36 and 40, 2 small kids, 3 yr and 6 months, travelling here for a week in June. We have been to countless all inclusive hotels throughout the Caribbean including Mexico, Jamaica, Barbados, and Curacao. This is our first time in the Dominican, so my comparisons are from other places, but I can assure you that this hotel truly is top notch. I read many reviews before going and had gotten nervous about my trip, but a lot of those complaints can be dispelled...

"Language Barrier": This is true, there is a language barrier, but lets remember we are going to a Spanish speaking country so what do you expect? Us wanting every employee to know our language is like every foreigner coming to Chicago expecting us all to know their language. Just doesn't happen. Guest service people could communicate English well, but in other areas of the resort some employees could not. Before going, pick up a book or an app that will teach you a few Spanish words. I brushed up on some of the things I learned in my high school classes, and we were fine. "Mas vino tinto por favor!"

"They don't like Americans": Crock of bull. Every employee was extremely nice. Americans are so used to being the majority that it is a shock to be in the minority, and at this resort there were people from everywhere there, not just the USA. I met people from all over the world and that was a nice perk to my stay.

"Bugs or Roaches in my room": News flash... You are going to the Caribbean!!! There are bugs there!!! Get used to it or find somewhere else to go. These "roaches" I'm assuming are the water bug that breeds in tropical atmospheres. I never saw anything more than a few ants in my room, but if I did I would have killed it and moved on.

Rooms: People complain about the rooms being dated. If a newer space is important to you, pay for an upgrade.. I did and my room was beautiful. We also love to be able to get up and see a view, so we upgraded again when we got there to a swim out sea front suite. Magnificent. Worth every penny. Beds are hard, but that is the norm in the Caribbean.

Food: The buffet is standard, but air conditioned, which was nice. My son and I always found something we liked. My husband is a lot pickier, and sometimes went on just fruit alone, but that's not the fault of the resort, that's just who he is. We did have sour bowels one day, but knowing the chance of this in advance, I traveled with Imodium, so we took care of it quickly. We went to the Italian ala carte, which was just ok, the Steak house and Japanese were both very good, and the beach BBQ was great as well. Others are right, there are no reservations which I'm sure can be very tricky during high season. Luckily it wasn't that full when we came, so we got into whatever restaurant we wanted to without a line except for the Steak House. Its always busy. It opens at 6, we got in line at about 5:45, and we were seated as soon as we got to the front.

Kids/baby Club: This was hands down the nicest and cleanest facility I have seen for kids ANYWHERE I have traveled. This was a very nice program. Loved it.

All in all we had a wonderful trip. The resort is big but not overwhelming. We took the whole first day and just took a walk around the resort so we would know where everything was. Food is plentiful, drinks were flowing, animation was great and tried hard to get you involved, room was perfect, and beach was breath taking. I would recommend to a friend, and I am looking forward to returning myself...

Room Tip: I stayed sea side which was about a 5 min walk from the main buffet and the lobby, and 3 min walk fr...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
7 Thank Clintex
Rsegarra, Director General at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Clintex,

Is saddens me to hear that your stay with us was not up what you expected. Your remarks are of the utmost importance and assistance to us since we are aware that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

I assure you that your observations will be discussed with our managing team; therefore, action plans will be placed in motion as to improve the level and quality of our services. As a matter of fact, we are providing intensive educational courses, including English classes, since we understand their importance in our continuous effort to improve the quality we.

Nevertheless, I am glad to hear that despite these small inconveniences we were able provide a wonderful stay.

Needless to say, we will be anxiously expecting your next visit in order to offer you a more pleasant experience.

R. Segarra
Orlando
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I consider this Hotel a 5 star Hotel!.. Its has great employes and you feel like your home.

I went to get a massage at the spa with my boyfriend .. It was great!.. He wanted to stay there :P

I had a little inconvenience at the room and had to call guest service.. Zoila Duran assisted me... Really kind and nice young lady!.. Fixed the problem right away

I really recommend this hotel!.. For family, couples!.. Everyone

Ive enjoyed my stayed :)

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Sherly2
Dear Sherly2,

We thank you for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa as a destination for your recent holidays. We are proud to hear that your expectation were fully exceeded; therefore your first experience at Punta Cana will be a memory that will last forever.

Your compliments will be gladly transmitted to those you have mentioned as well as to our Managing Team.

We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

I decided to visit this resort with a couple of friends from Orlando, Fl and we couldnt pick a better price to stay! The facilities in this resort are amazingly clean and the personnel is out of this world! Zoila from guest relations went above and beyong with all we needed and recommended one of the best italian restaurants I have ever been! If you need any help please go to Zoila! She is awesome! Dominican people are so carismatic and happy all the time! I loved it! Definitely coming back!

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Leonardo C
Dear Leonardo C,

It is an honor to hear that we were able to provide an amazing vacation.

Port Arthur, Texas
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I just recently stayed 4 nights, 5 days. We arrived to a group of friendly bellboys, a cold rag and a refreshing fruity drink. Upon our arrival, we were offered an upgrade. After declining the upgrade, we were offered the upgrade at no additional charge. 30 min later or so, we were in this beautiful villa, with a private jacuzzi upstairs in our own private loft. In addition, there was also a bottle of champagne and rose petals. Jose, our bellman, took our luggage up, explained the resort and had a smile on his face the entire time. I have absolutely NO complaints about this resort and the one thing that made the whole trip special for us is meeting Jose!!! Miquel Angelou in the Steakhouse was always a pleasant surprise as well. Very sweet man. Anytime we needed anything, Jose and the guys was there with this huge electric smile on his face. They were there when we needed a ride to the several dining options at any point no matter what. Thank you Jose for making our trip very special, welcoming, and just all around a wonderful experience. We (James Bond and Pico Loco Michelle) will be back, so don't go anywhere. At no point did we make reservations to any a la carte. Doors open at 6. if you are there at 6 you will be seated!! we had no issues at any point with this. Actaully, after my husband played guitar with the band in the Steakhouse we made friends with everyone and really had no issues getting in. Overall, i would take this place over any other places i have ever been.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank michelle r
Dear michelle r,

Hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana.