“Bait and Switch Scheme Held Hostage Horrible Rude Staff” 1 of 5 bubbles

Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #36 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Covington, Louisiana
“Bait and Switch Scheme Held Hostage Horrible Rude Staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the beautiful ocean view swim up suites 2 rooms and 1 room for my parents in the deluxe 1 bedroom master suite. Was so excited. We got there and were told we were getting an upgrade to the deluxe junior suite at the same price. Because I researched this resort I knew this was a much cheaper room and no where near the beach. I asked for a manager and we got Carlos. He said to sit and he would work it. 3 hours later we still had the same rooms at the ocean view Jr swim up suite price. I was promised my 2 jr swim up suites the next day at 3pm. They took my license and credit card and then never gave it back after I said if I did not get the rooms I reserved we were leaving. I was told it was safe in their safe. So we tried to enjoy the evening but the food is horrible. Good luck getting dinner reservations. We had 3 rooms. For some reason only 1 had room service. When the other 2 rooms called for room service they were told no and hung up on. We asked for a crib for 1 room. One never came. We did not receive the welcome packages for any rooms or the baby package for thr 1 bedroom master suite. On to the next day. I head to the desk to get my Jr swim up suite rooms. I see Carlos the manager who tells me to have a seat they are putting out a few fires and I would have the keys soon. So I sit and watch several issues in all languages going on at the desk. People yelling, some crying and lots of very mad people. Well an hour passes and I go up and ask where Carlos is, I am told he left. So I ask for the new manager and ask for my keys. I am told there are no keys no rooms but he will block one for me tomorrow but only 1. That was it. I said we were leaving. So we get all our luggage and turn in the keys. I get my license and drivers license back but am told the front gates have been locked and we cannot leave until I pay for two nights at the expensive swim up suite rate. I said we never got those rooms and we only stayed one night. They said to bad it's this price or you cannot leave. I ask for another manager and I am told none is available. Next security comes and stands right by us. We tried to call the American Consulate but they were closed. Finally at 10pm I signed the receipt but made sure to write on it that it was signed because we were being held hostage and not alowed to leave. It was a horrific experience. STAY AWAY. The staff on all levels are the rudest people I have ever met and I travel very frequently.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank dixiebell13
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as well as the time you have taken to let us know about your recent experience.

We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service of excellence. As you can read in most of our reviews, described situations like yours are not norm in here neither represent over all of our service and facilities on the contrary they praised by their excellent.

As far as your remarks related to some of our services, we would like to express our most sincere apologies due to these unexpected situations you have faced. Besides emphasizing that corrective measurements will be in motion to prevent future coincidences, you can rest assure we respect each point of view from our guests regarding our services or facilities.

If your vacation plans towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know; we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and uneventful stay.

W Cervera.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (723)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Traveled with two groups and had four rooms. Check in was slow and one room could not get into until the hotel maintenance staff was called and this took three trips to front desk. House keeping cleaned one set of rooms 3 out of 7 days, one room was not cleaned for 4 days straight!!! The staff did there best to discourage using the à la carte restaurants, it took 3 trips to concierge staff to get meals at 3 of the à la carte restaurants and we had to choose between 6pm or 10pm. I asked about reservation the very first night we checked in. We were always told the restaurants were booked even though we watched as table remained open for hours and guest were turned away saying 45 minutes minimum wait. One staff member told me you had to stay there a minimum of 3 times before getting reservations, another told me most table were reserved for Palladium members. One couple found and killed a RAT in there room on the last night!!!. The food was average at best. The staff was 50% great 50% poor and ignored you unless you were able to speak fluent Spanish, asked for water one night and watch as the server avoided us the whole time were were eating lunch. We spoke to so many guest who had similar issues as our party or worse. Now the Beaches were great and the overall appearance of resort was nice, but stay at Adults only hotel or Punta Cana resort, as they seemed to get the best service. Had heard great things about other Palladium hotels but this hotel was far from their best. We would not return to this location EVER!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Phil P
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your recent holidays.

Concerning to the perceptions reflected on your opinion I would like to speak up for the efficiency from our teams, because it is understandable due to certain unplanned events that affects the operation there might be delay on the performances in some of our services.

We hope you accept our most sincere apologies for the past occurrences which consequently have determined that your experience be not as you expected.

It is very important to mention that reservations has a “quota” of 30% of the capacity in each restaurant.

Regarding restaurants, it is advisable to clarify that to be standing in line is something many people choose to do but this is not in any way encouraged by the hotel. The service is intended to be “first come – first served”, notwithstanding many of the guests opted to wait until restaurants opens to put their names on a waiting list for later on, to come back at the time they want to eat.

We also would like to emphasize that during the evening we offer a wide variety of restaurants, both buffets as well as a la carte, in order to offer our guests several excellent alternatives at all times.

In references to your indications about the food’s quality offered in our restaurants we can assure according to the majority of our guest’s opinions the level of satisfaction obtained regarding to the breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been elevated, taking into consideration the diversity who visit our hotel.

However as a hotel company oriented to the excellences in service our goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests so we do believe there is always a point of improvements on each experience. Therefore we have taken this matter seriously to keep improving the quality our services and facilities. At this moment supervisions tactic are in motion to keep offering our dear guests the high quality of service used to.

We hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana and offer you a much satisfying experience.

BOS
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

They think of themselves as a 5* resort but they are not. This huge resort complex caters to loud crowd from Europe and the Americas looking for cheap booze and does not have any feel of luxury or retreat.
It started with a very disappointing check-in experience (I waited 10-15 minutes! Someone else attending the same conference had to wait 3+ hours to get a room! (that was @ 4 pm!)) where they gave me the wrong paperwork (not my name on it!) and I had to tell them several times I wanted them to find the correct check-in forms. The rooms (or suites as they call them) were mostly basic (think 3* level), the door chain deadbolt was broken and part of the in room furniture was falling apart. There were no coffee/tea-making facilities either. The bed was o.k. but the pillows were terrible (!) I should have brought my own ... worst ever.
Wi-Fi in the room was not free (what they heck ... all inclusive? I didn't care for the free booze but would have needed free internet) and actually quite expensive. The so-called free internet in the lobby was unusable; I could hardly write and send 1 Email before it would disconnect me.
The buffet-style restaurants were o.k. and there was enough variety with fresh fruits to be able to have a balanced diet; service was very rushed and not very personable (servers with bottles of cheap wine - tried a glass once and found it undrinkable - running around), but I guess this perfectly caters to their clientele. I wish they'd have more options for a quiet sit-down dinner (I know there are some where you need reservations) with reasonable food/drink options ... between the free cheap booze and a $50 bottle of wine there is an in-between to which they do not cater.
Most of the nights it was impossible to sleep well due to crowds of drunken youngsters slamming doors and yelling in the hallway; with paper-thin doors and walls one was guaranteed to wake up several times per night.
Check-out was disappointing again ... I stood there a good 5 minutes (it was 4 a.m. in the morning) and nobody bothered to come out to see what I wanted. It was not until my driver came over and yelled something in Spanish that someone came and reluctantly checked me out.
If you are coming to party all night, just want to stay at the beach all day and thrive on cheap booze this may be the perfect place for you. Like me, if you are attending a conference and want to get some work done during the rest of the day this is not where you want to be. If they offer conference facilities and wish to attract such travelers they better start to offer services which are consistent with that.
This is at best a 3* resort; if you want quality better look elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank cfischer
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guests’ expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinions. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

W Cervera
Cork
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Hi we just back from that hotel where the cleaning lady stole my wife clothes !!!! We where in this hotel in July 2011 as we'll and we decide to come back there again but never ever again!!!We stay in willa nr 7 room 1077 !!! She took 8 tops, dress and even one bra!!!! I just think that is totally disgrace !!!! We rapport that to hotel manager and he came in with security man and start checking our room, even check in the fridge(ridiculous) and looking for our cloths:/ I feel so uncomfortable for this because they looking on us like we make that story out!!!!! Off course they find nothing and offered us cheap champagne, and free upgrade (last day we stay) so it was so unprofessional on this matter! Be careful if you going there!!!! My wife was very sad for that !!! I'll be never back to this hotel!! After we back our friends who lived in room under us tell me that she couldn't find her sandals as we'll!!! Only good thing I could say bout that hotel was great food, unreal beach and very friendly restaurant and animation stuff!! But that manager I think his man was Ishmael was disgracefull!!! Be very carefull if you going there!!!

2 Thank Lukasz B
Dear Guest,

Foremost I would like to thank you for choosing us as the place to spend your recent holidays as well as for letting us know about your inquietudes. We attached great importance to your comments and they were taken with our maximum interest

I regret sincerely to learn about your experience and I truly regret and apologize for the impression you may have received due to the attitude of some of our staff. This is not in any way the image that we want to project.

As far as your observations related with the loss, all the necessary investigation have been done; unfortunately the missing item could not be located. Please be advised that our managing team was properly informed about the particular situations you experienced.

Be assured that corrective and preventive measures have been determined with the departments involved in order to avoid similar coincidences in the future.

Ely, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Chaotic is a mild way to describe the check in experience at this resort. However the rest of the time, the restaurant staff and general staff were very helpful and the place was well appointed.

we had excellent service at all the restaurants and staff appreciated the effort to communicate in spanish. We did hear several guests complain about the service they were receiving, however having observed them on several occasions, the dismissive attitude of said guests and the arrogance with which they treated staff made it clear that they expected servitude, not service. Still the staff did try to help them!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SueEly
Dear Guest,

We attached great importance to your comments I regret sincerely to learn about your experience and I truly regret and apologize for the impression you may have received due to the attitude of some of our staff. This is not in any way the image that we want to project therefore we appreciate words of shield in reference to this situation.

Regarding your remarks related to some of our services, we would like to reiterate our most sincere apologies due to these unexpected situations you have faced.

Best regards,

W Cervera
Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

amazing hotel with good food, beautiful beach and clean rooms, so lovely waiters, nice pools, awesome whirlpool and caretaking cleaning ladies, very helpful service people all over the resort, taxi service to the receptions, great sport possibilities (tennis, soccer, basketball etc.)

1 Thank Philipp1234
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

We put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinions in our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities.

We always appreciate your compliments to our staff, as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal, which is the total satisfaction of our guests.

We look forward to have you back very soon.

zurich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I like Palladium Palace 'cause it has so many beautiful places where you can eat and drink, enjoy the view, the sea and the vacational athmosphere. I would really recommend Palladium Palace to everybody asking for a calm vacation surrounded by lovely and caring service people but its also perfectly made for families...

1 Thank alinii
Dear Guest,

As company- oriented to the excellence on service in grand palladium, we continuously strive to meet most our visitor’s expectations and go beyond.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Grand Palladium and give you the most wonderful Experience.

W. Cervera.
Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#78 of 110 in Punta Cana

Been to Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!