“not a friendly resort” 1 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Orlando, Florida, United States
“not a friendly resort”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

From day one I have had a horrible experience with grand palladium. The staff is very unfriendly, the organization of the resort is very unorganized, restaurants are not tasty and the kids club was very boring. The best days during my trip was leaving the resort and visiting the spa!

Restaurants- rather then allowing you to make reservations at the restaurant visits you have to go to the restaurant of choice at 5p and stand in a line for over an hour to make a reservation later that night. Best to go to the buffet every night!

Rooms- are beautiful but the cleaner comes every few days.

Kids club- at night, the kids would sit in front of the TV, I could do that in my room!

Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Jessica M
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your recent holidays. We also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and letting aware to future travelers to our destination about our excellent services.

Concerning to the perception reflected on your opinions I would like to speak up for our very efficient cleaning team because it is understandable that due to operation when we are running at full capacity there should be a delay on their performances with certain services. As you can read in most of our reviews, described situations like yours are not norm in here neither represent over all of our service and facilities on the contrary they praised by their excellent job.

With reference to the restaurants services we respect each point of view notwithstanding we would like to expose the following:

According to the number of guests that chose a certain restaurant, it may happen that some of the restaurants do not have availability or that there is a waiting list at a given time.

It is worthy to mention that the a la carte restaurants are open without reservations; however, they are subject to availability. Standing in line is something many people choose to do but this is not in any way encouraged by the hotel. The service is intended to be “first come – first served”, notwithstanding many of the guests opted to wait until restaurants opens to put their names on a waiting list for later on, to come back at the time they want to eat.

However, in the evening we offer a wide variety of restaurants, both buffets as well as a la carte, in order to offer our guests several excellent alternatives at all times. Be assured that we took a good note of your particular observations and it will be part of our daily work.

We hope you receive our most sincere apologies by the incidents you may have faced.

W Cervera.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (720)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Greenville, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Note, the first day was exhausting! When we arrived, there was a mass of irritated vacationers waiting to check in. There were no lines, people would shove and push to the counter. Granted, check in time was 3pm and some had been on property and waiting since 10am. So, I thought not their fault. I noticed the staff seemed irritated and short with a number of the customers. More staff should have been there to accommodate the weekend rush (including maids, check in staff, and bell hops). Most of the staff would ignore English speaking tourists or reply with short answers, they also would not completely finish with one person before moving to someone else in the mass. After waiting in line for a little over 2 hours we were given a room assignment and keys and began the walk to our room. Once we made it to the room the keys we were given didn't work. Nice! I returned to the desk, fought the line and was given a different room with new keys. I was happier because we now had an ocean view. After making it to the new room the safe batteries were dead, there was no iron nor ironing board, and cabinets were literally falling off the hinges, so I began to contact maintenance to correct the problems. I was told someone had to be in the room when the safe was fixed. Fine, I asked how long and was told ten minutes. This was an all day ordeal. My family was at the beach and I had to wait for HOURS on anyone to show up to fix the safe. After many phone calls, trips to the lobby (not a short walk), pleading with people to help, (I hate to admit it, but after a loud, irritated meltdown in the lobby) the problem was fixed about 5 hours later. If I could have gone home on that day I would have. I did notice that the lobby seemed to be in continual chaos every time I walked by.

Vacation began the next day. The beach is nice, beautiful white sand. The ocean has a large amount of seaweed that will wash up on the beach. There are waves which stirs up the water closer to shore so it was not as clear as I had expected. But still beautiful.

Dining was good. The a la cart restaurants were notably better than the buffets. Drinks were HORRIBLE; like a gas station Icee with a small amount of one kind of alcohol tossed in, not worth the calories. Dining staff and maids were pleasant and happy.

There were days we didn't have hot water to shower.

All in all, this was our first experience in Punta Cana and it is just not comparable to the experiences we have had in Mexico. I will not look at this hotel brand again.

Room Tip: Try booking a private check in.
      Sleep Quality
2 Thank Kelly D
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having written us after having stayed with us. We attach great importance to the comments and suggestions of our guests.

We truly lament hearing that we did not fulfill your expectations with some of our services and facilities. Be assured that all your observations were studied and discussed with our managing team in order to fine tune with our operation and thus, improve our product.

As far as your indications about the quality of the food and drinks offered in our restaurants, we are rather surprised because carefully selected products compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of clients who visit our hotel. We must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been elevated according to the opinions reflected in our quality questionnaires. Nevertheless, we regret that our cuisine did not meet your expectations and you may feel assured that we took a good note of your remarks and it will be part of our daily work.

Best regards,

Keswick, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Just got back from a week stay . First off before we booked our stay I did a lot of reading on TP about this resort, so we had a good idea of what we were booking and what concerns travelers had. This was our second time in Punta Cana. This is a very large resort with multiple hotels. The staff at this hotel work very hard and although sometimes requests were not always met we always found the staff willing to try. We tried very hard to learn a bit of Spanish which went a long way. We found a lot of the staff in the restaurants very friendly. As per TP we knew it was necessary to make reservations for any a la cart restaurants we wished to visit, and yes we were given the choice of 6pm or 9pm. Well we made the best of it and thank our stars we were not waiting in line to get in. This system of some people getting reservations and some not does make it a little unconfortable. I guess it depends on what level of room you have purchased. I think if you are informed in advance that if you upgrade there are certain perks, this would of helped. Most people just want to be informed. Our Concerge Henry and Miguel were very helpful with arranging shopping trips and reservations. Giving us directions and trying to explain the hotel layout. Henry really helped my son who wanted desparately to use the wi fi in the lobby to text home. There are maps throughout the complex but we found them hard to understand. After dinner we made it a point of taking the train around the whole hotel a few times to familarize ourselves with the complex. It really helped to see where the different restaurants and theatres were. I think if each room had a manuel explaining the hotel amenites and services this would of helped with a lot of complaints from the guests. The grounds are goreous and very well kept. Our room was newly renovated and everything worked well. The beach was fantastic and we choose to spend our days there in the shade where chairs were always available. Did not swim in the pools as we found them too small and crowded. The food was very good with the a la cartes being the best. We visited the Beach BBQ, food was simple stuff but eating on the beach was excellent. The Brazillian was fun and food was good. The Italian was very enjoyable. The buffet was good. Breakfast seemed to be very difficult for most people as it was suppose to end at 10 am, which is very early for anyone on vacation. A lot of times trays of food would be empty and not refilled especially at the end. Due to the volume of people and lack of staff we didn't always get coffee or water or cutlery, so we had to go looking for it. Not staffs fault, just not enough of them to go around, and some guest were move demanding then others. We never saw the Entertainment crew as there were not specific events in each hotel. The schedules were posted in the lobby and if you wanted to you could schedule your day around them. We enjoyed our stay and got what we expected. I think with temp reaching well past 35 'C on most days, a lot of travelers were very short on patience and if you are not aware of what you are getting you will be disappointed. This is a lovely hotel with great staff and at the right price (which we did get) I would return but it was also too big for my taste.

Room Tip: Follow up on reservations to see if your room is renovated. We stayed in the villa area.
1 Thank alwayshappytotravel
Dear Guest,

Receive our gratefulness for such valuable feedback. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us. I also want to thank you for taking some of your precious time to write a review while on vacation. I am glad to hear that all your expectations were met with our overall services. At Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa we continuously strive to create memorable experiences.

I took a good note of your remarks related to some of our services and I would like to take this opportunity to mention that indeed we have a great task ahead concerning the subject matter since we are in a continuous process of the improvement of the level of our services.

We hope to have the pleasure in hosting you again in the near future.

Our very best regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Our stay in this hotel was very good we had a very beautiful room. And the beach very pretty and clean the very beautiful different restaurant a la carte I love that hotel we will be Back guest service very helpful . Even they cant help they try to resolve problem. I was ver happy mesnd my families thanks a lot palladium

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
DearGuest,

I am delighted to hear that your first experience with us has been a “great vacation”. At Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa we managed to create exceptional moments so I am proud to learn that we have achieved our goal.

Thank you for sharing your impression with future travelers to our destination and let them aware about our excellent product.

Hope to have you back soon.

California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Very good service from concierge and guest service specially Miguel and David. Very good food beautiful beach and the is beautiful pool too. Me and my family we went to the theater te see the michael show . Was very nice, there is a sport bar 24 hour's .the room very pretty me and friends we wilk come back

• Stayed July 2014
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your expressed opinions about your stay at Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa on Trip advisor. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback from our guests’ experiences.

I will share your comments with our team, who I am certain they will be encouraged by your remarks.

As hotel company- oriented to the excellence on service in our grand palladium’s brand, we continuously strive to meet most our visitor’s expectations and go beyond.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again at Grand Palladium and give you our most outstanding Experience.

W. Cervera.
Covington, Louisiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Booked the beautiful ocean view swim up suites 2 rooms and 1 room for my parents in the deluxe 1 bedroom master suite. Was so excited. We got there and were told we were getting an upgrade to the deluxe junior suite at the same price. Because I researched this resort I knew this was a much cheaper room and no where near the beach. I asked for a manager and we got Carlos. He said to sit and he would work it. 3 hours later we still had the same rooms at the ocean view Jr swim up suite price. I was promised my 2 jr swim up suites the next day at 3pm. They took my license and credit card and then never gave it back after I said if I did not get the rooms I reserved we were leaving. I was told it was safe in their safe. So we tried to enjoy the evening but the food is horrible. Good luck getting dinner reservations. We had 3 rooms. For some reason only 1 had room service. When the other 2 rooms called for room service they were told no and hung up on. We asked for a crib for 1 room. One never came. We did not receive the welcome packages for any rooms or the baby package for thr 1 bedroom master suite. On to the next day. I head to the desk to get my Jr swim up suite rooms. I see Carlos the manager who tells me to have a seat they are putting out a few fires and I would have the keys soon. So I sit and watch several issues in all languages going on at the desk. People yelling, some crying and lots of very mad people. Well an hour passes and I go up and ask where Carlos is, I am told he left. So I ask for the new manager and ask for my keys. I am told there are no keys no rooms but he will block one for me tomorrow but only 1. That was it. I said we were leaving. So we get all our luggage and turn in the keys. I get my license and drivers license back but am told the front gates have been locked and we cannot leave until I pay for two nights at the expensive swim up suite rate. I said we never got those rooms and we only stayed one night. They said to bad it's this price or you cannot leave. I ask for another manager and I am told none is available. Next security comes and stands right by us. We tried to call the American Consulate but they were closed. Finally at 10pm I signed the receipt but made sure to write on it that it was signed because we were being held hostage and not alowed to leave. It was a horrific experience. STAY AWAY. The staff on all levels are the rudest people I have ever met and I travel very frequently.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank dixiebell13
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as well as the time you have taken to let us know about your recent experience.

Our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guests’ expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinions.

We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service of excellence. As you can read in most of our reviews, described situations like yours are not norm in here neither represent over all of our service and facilities on the contrary they praised by their excellent.

As far as your remarks related to some of our services, we would like to express our most sincere apologies due to these unexpected situations you have faced. Besides emphasizing that corrective measurements will be in motion to prevent future coincidences, you can rest assure we respect each point of view from our guests regarding our services or facilities.

If your vacation plans towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know; we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

Traveled with two groups and had four rooms. Check in was slow and one room could not get into until the hotel maintenance staff was called and this took three trips to front desk. House keeping cleaned one set of rooms 3 out of 7 days, one room was not cleaned for 4 days straight!!! The staff did there best to discourage using the à la carte restaurants, it took 3 trips to concierge staff to get meals at 3 of the à la carte restaurants and we had to choose between 6pm or 10pm. I asked about reservation the very first night we checked in. We were always told the restaurants were booked even though we watched as table remained open for hours and guest were turned away saying 45 minutes minimum wait. One staff member told me you had to stay there a minimum of 3 times before getting reservations, another told me most table were reserved for Palladium members. One couple found and killed a RAT in there room on the last night!!!. The food was average at best. The staff was 50% great 50% poor and ignored you unless you were able to speak fluent Spanish, asked for water one night and watch as the server avoided us the whole time were were eating lunch. We spoke to so many guest who had similar issues as our party or worse. Now the Beaches were great and the overall appearance of resort was nice, but stay at Adults only hotel or Punta Cana resort, as they seemed to get the best service. Had heard great things about other Palladium hotels but this hotel was far from their best. We would not return to this location EVER!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Phil P
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Concerning to the perceptions reflected on your opinion I would like to speak up for the efficiency from our teams, because it is understandable due to certain unplanned events that affects the operation there might be delay on the performances in some of our services.

We hope you accept our most sincere apologies for the past occurrences which consequently have determined that your experience be not as you expected.

It is very important to mention that reservations has a “quota” of 30% of the capacity in each restaurant.

Regarding restaurants, it is advisable to clarify that to be standing in line is something many people choose to do but this is not in any way encouraged by the hotel. The service is intended to be “first come – first served”, notwithstanding many of the guests opted to wait until restaurants opens to put their names on a waiting list for later on, to come back at the time they want to eat.

We also would like to emphasize that during the evening we offer a wide variety of restaurants, both buffets as well as a la carte, in order to offer our guests several excellent alternatives at all times.

In references to your indications about the food’s quality offered in our restaurants we can assure according to the majority of our guest’s opinions the level of satisfaction obtained regarding to the breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been elevated, taking into consideration the diversity who visit our hotel.

However as a hotel company oriented to the excellences in service our goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests so we do believe there is always a point of improvements on each experience. Therefore we have taken this matter seriously to keep improving the quality our services and facilities. At this moment supervisions tactic are in motion to keep offering our dear guests the high quality of service used to.

We hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana and offer you a much satisfying experience.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa
Grand Bahia Principe Turquesa
#61 of 110 in Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,025 reviews

Been to Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!