“Grand Palladium Bavaro- Stayed last week”

Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #52 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 16 August 2014

Hubby and I and our 2 kids stayed this past week and were disappointed with the resort. Punta Cana was beautiful- beach was great, the resort itself was beautiful. Pools were good. Food was average. We did not go hungry, but it was average---some things were better than others. We stayed in Building 19 and had a great room- very close to the beach. Place is huge and we had no issues with the train coming around. I would suggest taking the train around to get a good idea of where everything is located. They have maps everywhere, but they are hard to read. I had read a lot about the AC not working in the rooms, but ours worked too much- it was always cold! My biggest complaint is with the staff of the resort- they were rude. When we checked in, our room was not ready even though it was after check-in time and the girl checking us in kept stopping and talking to her co-workers. Most of the servers in the restaurants were not nice at all [some where though!] When serving my son a plate, a waiter accidentally knocked over my son's drink and it went into my lap- waiter just looked at us- didn't help clean up or get napkins or even bring my son another drink. We were told by three different resort employees that the a la carte restaurants opened at 3 different times. Rooms were not cleaned well at all and they left a family of four with one roll of toilet paper and mini-bar would not be restocked. There was not much privacy as the bathroom was not really separate---the toilet had a glass stall door that did not run from floor to ceiling and it was glazed glass- so you could see through it---which was very odd to me. It was hard to get towels to our room as well. But, the room was huge. Even with the rude staff, we had a great time, but I would not stay at another Grand Palladium property again.

3  Thank InTexas2014
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as well as for the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us. We are very concerned for the fact that your stay with us was not as you expected so we would like to take this opportunity to express our sincerest regret for the described situations.

We understand perfectly that, after a long trip, it is very important to enjoy the comfort of your room immediately; therefore we have addressed the problem to the corresponding in order to evade future coincidences in our operation.

We hope you to understand that sometimes the demand for arrivals at the same time can cause the service is delayed.

We also would like to emphasize that during the evening we offer a wide variety of restaurants, both buffets as well as a la carte, in order to offer our guests several excellent alternatives at all times.

In references to your indications about the food’s quality offered in our restaurants we can assure according to the majority of our reflected opinions the level of satisfaction obtained regarding to the breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been elevated, taking into consideration the diversity of guests who visit our hotel.

However as a hotel company oriented to the excellences in service our goal is to achieve the total satisfaction of our guests so we do believe there is always some point of improvements on each experience. Therefore we always take this matter seriously to keep improving the quality our services and facilities.

We hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana and offer you a much satisfying experience.

There are newer reviews for Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The highlights of this getaway were the Hemingway Bar. I love relaxing piano playing. The daily seafood paella cooked and served on the beach. The Japanese and Steakhouse Restaurants are worth the wait. The attentive staff is available and willing to assist. I suggest you bring a few dollar bills to tip the staff. A two dollar tip is appreciated and provides you with the extra touch. The only caution I can offer is the Travel Club. The amenities offered are not consistent. We are members. We were provided bettter amenities on our first trip. This last trip caused us to be a bit frustrated. Bring bug repellent, sunscreen and walking shoes.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank AngCC

Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your recent holidays as well as for having posted your experience.

We are more than pleased to hear that this has been a great experience and our services or facilities have pleased you. But what mostly please us is to hear about your satisfaction with the attentiveness demonstrated by our staff member during your stay.

We thank again for your valuable comments and hope to be your home for a next trip.

Kindest Regards,

W.Cervera.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I stayed at this resort in July on a R & R vacation. Upon arrival the staff was really rude and very unorganized. My reservation was messed up and no one at the front desk even attempted to help me until I got real ugly and threatened to leave the resort.

The room is not at a 5 star rating, the room was full of ants and could not enjoy the jacuzzi tub due to the ants in it. My mini bar was rarely stocked and had to call for them to bring me some water one evening. I waited three hours for them to come and restock the bar. Service at the pool is non-existant at best. Be prepared to consistently walk to the bar as the staff is not going to go out of there way to make your trip enjoyable. Also the AC was controlled and my room was never at a temperature comfortable for me.

The food was horrible, under cooked and not appealing. I could have went on a cruise and had better food and service than this. The beach was not inviting either. The staff was rude and not friendly at all.

I complained about this to the manager and nothing was done, I will never go back. I literally had a trip from hell. I have enjoyed every trip I have taken this by far was the worst.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Sh0n37
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your recent holidays. We attached great importance to your comments and they are taken with our maximum interest.

I took a good note of your remarks related to our staff and other services. Therefore I would like to take this opportunity to mention that we have a great task ahead concerning the subject matter since we are in a continuous process of the improvement of the level of our services. I assure you correctives measures will be in motions in order to keep our line of excellence in our services.

Our intention is everything runs as it is supposed to; in fact, as you can read in most of our reviews situations like yours are not norm in here neither represent over all of our service and facilities, on the contrary we are continuously praised by our excellent performances.

Regarding accommodations we perfectly understand that, once at home, it is very important to experience the comfort of your room immediately and this be according to your expectations. We have addressed this unplanned occurrences to the corresponding in order to evade future repetitions.

In references to your indications about the quality of the food offered in our restaurants we are quite surprised because we have carefully selected the products which compose our gastronomical supply, taking into consideration the diversity of guests who visit our hotel.

We must say that the level of satisfaction obtained concerning the quality and variety of breakfast, lunch and dinner services has always been elevated according to the opinions reflected in our quality questionnaires or online canals, in fact we will take in considerations your perceptions and determine a fast supervisions to this matter.

I also would like to specify that I am always at the disposition of our guests whenever they required any specific assistance.

We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. We will be attentive in order to provide a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

we went to palladium punta cana last week,it's was amazing,the people overthere espectacular in special wilson vargas he is the best person in that resort,the only thing that that we dont't like was the way that restaurant reservation wrks,and,and they had 1 sport bar at night and it's far away from this hotel,and the nightlife it's borring ,the night club it's ok,the food was amazing and people too.

1  Thank rym33

Dear guest,

On behalf of Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa would like to express my gratitude for having decided to express your comments to future visitors.

We are very pleased to know that you were satisfied with your stay and services provided by our staff sincerely deserve this for such frank and warm reviews, therefore they inspire us to continue working to improve each day our service and facilities.

We will share your nice comments with our staff.

With great pleasure we will be glad to welcome you here again.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stayed at the Grand Palladium Bavaro because we were able to get a room that would accommodate our family of 5. We did not want to be separated. We did have to share beds and there was a pull out sofa. All the beds were very comfortable. The A/C in our room was great! It got so cold in there we actually had to turn it down.

We learned very quickly that you did need reservations at the specialty restaurants. We went to the concierge and booked them. The service at the restaurants wasn't great, but the food was good. The buffet had a different theme of food each night, so there was a variety as well as things they had every night. Our kids preferred the buffet because they could get the crepes all the time. They were very good. The fruit was always fresh. We were never hungry!

The facilities were extremely clean. We didn't see any bugs. I expected a lot of mosquitoes but there weren't any that we saw. The only problem we had was getting enough towels in our room for 5 people. After talking to Jesus, the manager at the front desk, this was taken care of and was never a problem again.

We mainly stayed at the beach when we weren't doing an activity. It was clean and there were plenty of bars where we could get drinks. The kids loved the non-alcoholic pina coladas. They had plenty of "huts" if you didn't want to be in the sun. It was never a problem getting a chair. The same could be said for all the pools. We also used the sports facility to play tennis. Everything was right there for you to use at no cost.

There were always people trying to sell you excursions. I just told them that we booked everything through funjet and then they left us alone. We booked everything through Modesto a rep from IslandSun who was at the desk in the Grand Palladium Bavaro. He got us great deals and provided us with great advice on trips. We went snorkeling, swimming with the sharks, a sting ray experience, and zip lining. Everything was well worth the price. He did a fantastic job. I would definitely wait to book excursions until you get there because we were able to get kids free with paying adults on the excursions.

Rafael and Javier at the scuba shop were awesome. My family went scuba diving for the first time and their instruction was very thorough. If you want to experience scuba for the first time I would definitely recommend them.

Overall our experience was positive. Was it perfect? No, but we wanted to have a good time and we did. If you are looking for fault in something you will find it. We had a very positive experience and would recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: We had a master junior suite at the edge of the Bavaro which was great because it provided easy acce...
3  Thank Kathy B

Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa for your vacation, as well as for letting us know about your recent experience.

We put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinions in our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities.

We always appreciate your compliments to our staff, as it is due to their effort and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal, which is the total satisfaction of our guests.

We look forward to have you back very soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

The hotel is very nice lovely views of the hotel grounds, the restaurants are lovely and the Chinese was excellent. The beach is the nicest I have visited and I would recommend the boat trip to the island because it was amazing. Caren who works in the hotel is lovely

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Guest,

We put our greatest interest and value in our guests' opinions. Focus our efforts and dedication to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities.

It is truly a pleasure for us to confirm that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have surpassed all your expectations.

We appreciate your compliments to our staff, as it is due to their endeavor and dedication that we are able to accomplish our goal, which is the total satisfaction of our guests.

We also would like to have the opportunity to serve you in the future to offer you a memorable stay.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a great experience at two restaurants at the hotel, the first was at the Italian the "Travetoria" managed by Frankely and the second was Bamboo managed by Fidelina. The food and the service was amazing. The temperature, presentation, restaurant design and feel. The waiters were very attentive, friendly and were knowledgable as to how the food was prepared and serve. I give them both five stars.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank snagit07

Dear Guest,

First of all I would like to extend you our gratitude for having selected Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as the place to spend your recent holidays. And also thank you for your sincere feedback about our services and facilities.

As far as our gastronomy, it is worthy to mention that we are more than glad to hear that we could meet your expectation with our food offer and other facilities.

Thank you for letting future visitors about your awesome trip.

Your home in Punta Cana awaits your next visit.

W. Cervera.

#85 of 112 in Punta Cana
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
#56 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!