“Visit The Greek Sports Bar and Grill!”
Review of The Greek Sports Bar And Grill - CLOSED

The Greek Sports Bar And Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Greek, boasts the best seafood and mediterranean cuisine in Punta Cana. Located on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world, The Greek is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The Greek has an air conditioned sports lounge inside with billiards and casino, and 160 seat restaurant right on the beach, with live nightly entertainment to boot.
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I had a great time at The Greek Sports Bar and Grill! The service was on point and the food was amazing and fresh! There is nothing like eating great food with your feet in the sand. The Greek salad was to die for!!!

Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review. It will be our pleasure to service you again on the beach in Cabeza del Toro. We purchased a better spot just beside the Catalonia Hotel. Better beach, infinite parking spots and much larger establishment, but with the same great food. Come and join us for our Grand Opening on November 1, 2014. Best regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

I really like the food here. You should try the doner kebab or the chiken on a scewer. it is delicious with some greek salad. Good fast service with good pricing. Have some Uzo as well.

Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Hi there. Just wanted to thank you for your kind comments and let you know that we are very happy you enjoyed your food and appreciated our service. Looking forward to seeing you again very soon. Take care.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

My friends and I visited The Greek Sports Bar on Friday (7/26/13). We decided to venture away from our hotel (Melia Caribe Tropical) and our taxi driver recommend this restaurant. We were immediately welcomed with warm smiles and English. The restaurant patio is about 15 feet from the beach and the view we had was breathtaking. However, the food and service are the talking points of this EXCELLENT restaurant. Wilson (our server) answered any questions we might have had and the food was finger licking good. I highly recommend this restaurant b/c you will have a beautiful view, wonderful food, and excellent service -- all of which will not leave your pocket book empty.

Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Thank you very kindly for visiting our restaurant and I am very pleased to learn that you really enjoyed you food and had a wonderful experience. I truly hope to see you folks again very soon. Take care and best regards.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Food was ok but the server "Wilson" hustled me out my money. When the bill came to the table, I noticed a $38 “tourist fee.” When I questioned it, Wilson told me everyone on the island charges this fee. Being new to the island I agreed to pay the fee later finding out such fee doesn’t exist with the restaurants in the Dominican Republic. He introduced me to rum called Brugal which is popular rum on the island. I asked where I could purchase a bottle and he proceeds to tell me he can sell me a bottle (the smallest bottle sold) for $10 American Dollars but not to tell anyone because he couldn’t offer the cheap price to anyone else. I later found out the bottle sells for $5 American Dollars in other venues. For good food with honest and friendly customer service in the area, I recommend Captain Cook which is walking distance away.

6  Thank Ayo F
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Dear Sir, I thank you kindly for your review. However, I feel that it was excessively harsh and does not properly reflect my establishment. Firstly, everyone knows that the quality of food at The Greek is far superior than most other establishments in the area. Also, there is no other restaurant in town that has a fully bilingual and in some cases trilingual staff that are super friendly and very professional. Furthermore, your claims on the 38% is outrageous, because I did find a copy of your receipt and you were charged the correct amount as required by law. Every restaurant in the Dominican Republic is required to pay 18% RETAIL SALES TAX and 10% MANDATORY GRATUITY to it's serving staff. Therefore, a total of 28% is a MANDATORY CHARGE that every restaurant must abide by and that is EXACTLY WHAT you were charged. Hence, I feel that your comments were not called for and I feel that you should be much more objective in your approach to reviewing competent and premier class restaurants in the future. Again, I thank you kindly for your time and participation and I hope you will have the courtesy to give us a try one more time.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Our concierge recommend this restaurant. She called ahead and made reservations and asked that they make us traditional Dominican Republic food. The restaurant chefs made from scratch - sancochio, pollo criollo, and red beans and rice. It was fantastic. I have never had any of those dishes but man oh man...I am learning how to make all of them. If you do visit this restaurant, call ahead and ask for the local fare, otherwise, you'll be served their normal menu (which is great...don't get me wrong). We had a few dishes from their main menu and they were fabulous, well worth the drive.

Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Thank you for your positive review and thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with others. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. Cheers.