“the greek sports bar and grill”
Review of The Greek Sports Bar And Grill - CLOSED

The Greek Sports Bar And Grill
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Greek, boasts the best seafood and mediterranean cuisine in Punta Cana. Located on one of the most beautiful white sandy beaches in the world, The Greek is open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. The Greek has an air conditioned sports lounge inside with billiards and casino, and 160 seat restaurant right on the beach, with live nightly entertainment to boot.
Panama City Beach, Florida
“the greek sports bar and grill”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

the great restaurant love friend shrimp we potato we wine and beer the people there very nice a like the town love walk

Visited July 2014
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
Thank you kindly for your wonderful comments. It was truly a pleasure serving you and I would love to have you as our privelleged guests again. Please note that we will be opening our new location on November 1, 2014, and would be honoured to have you as our guests.

London, United Kingdom
“Perfect”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Such a good layout! Played the world cup games for us and the bar is beautiful with perfect service, as per.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rhys_Marshall
Bavaro, Dominican Republic
“PLEASE SEND GREEK FOOD”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

A bunch of hungry Canadians are dying to eat at your restaurant. So sad it won't be reopening until November.
Can we order for our whole office? ;)
PS Where can we get some tzatziki

• Visited January 2014
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Hi guys, it's great you want to order for your whole office, where were you guys before???? Hahahahahah. We will be re-opening on November 1, 2014 in Cabeza del Toro and as far as I know, you can't get any tzatziki anywhere on the island except our place. However, if you provide your contact info, I can have a special delivery arranged for you. Take care.
“Closed”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

The Greek restaurant has closed it's doors. Please remove from website since it's no longer open for business.

Visited February 2014
Dimitri V, Owner at The Greek Sports Bar And Grill, responded to this review, 2 March 2014
The restaurant is only closed temporarily because we are moving locations.

Please come and enjoy our new location in Cabeza de Toro.

BIGGER, BETTER, and tons of free parking.

Grand Opening, November 1, 2014.

Hope to see you there.
Winnipeg, Canada
“Lovely Location...the rest needs work.”
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Okay so let me start off by saying that I am Greek and raised by Greek parents who also owned a family restaurant. So with this in mind, I understand customer service and the overall expectation of a Greek restaurant.

I attended the Greek Sports Bar and Grill with my family and Dominican friend last week. Now, the purpose was to experience a little bit of Greek culture while on our vacation. In arriving, staff took us, not through the front door on the street, but around the building. I thought this was a little strange. Anyways, We sat outside which has a lovely view of the ocean. The waiter was friendly, but nothing that was expected as promise, came to be.

For an appetizer we ordered Saganaki which was actually good, but the remainder of our meals were only mediocre. The Chicken Souvalki arrived without Tzatziki sauce which was a major disappointment. When we questioned this, our waiter told us they didn’t have any. I’m sorry, but what Greek restaurant doesn’t have Tzatziki sauce?!!! He did try to compensate and bought us hot sauce randomly in a bowl. Once we were done our food he took the open bowl of sauce from our table and gave it to the table next to us. Yes, we hadn’t used the sauce, but this is definitely a health & safety NO.

Also on our plate was a individual tomato sliced fancy (suppose to be the greek village salad I guess?), regular dominican rice-definitely nothing greek about it despite the menu saying “Greek rice” and potatoes that had very little seasoning. Our desert which was “included” wound up being a Pineapple covered in grenadine which was disappointing considering I can’t eat pineapple myself.

The overall atmosphere on the beach was lovely, however, it was ruined when the WAITER was smoking right beside our table, in the dining area. The musician were sweet. They sang lovely, but of course tips are expected. I laugh though cause the online menu said it was bachata night, and the two gentlemen playing guitar were not playing bachata at all.

Lastly, the menu online promises “Free shuttle service from and to your hotel anywhere in Bavaro-Punta Cana area 24hours per day”. When we asked to take the shuttle back to our place, we were told that it was in Santo Domingo which is like 3 hours away. So much for that service.

All in all, lots of false promises on their website and menu. Its unfortunately because the site is lovely, but management needs to get on top of things or change what they promises.

• Visited January 2014
Thank you so much for your review.

Unfortunately, you came and had dinner during the tail end of our lease at that particular location. The Greek was understaffed that day and had almost completely run out of food.

I am offering you a FREE dinner for two to make it up to you at our new location in Cabeza de Toro.

I urge you to give us a second chance and I am certain you will not be disappointed.

Thanks again for your input.