“Was very crowded!”
Review of Hoyo Azul

Hoyo Azul
Ranked #2 of 46 things to do in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in Scape Park, Cap Cana. After passing an interesting trail where you will find some of the most peculiar flora and fauna in the Caribbean, you will reach this spectacular lagoon at the foot of the 65mt high cliff. These turquoise waters have a depth of 37 meters in its deepest point.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

We visited on the recommendation of the wrap at our hotel. We were very pleased with skate park as a whole but we were very disappointed in how crowded the blue hole was. We did jump in and cool off after walking the half mile to get there. We ended up leaving early because there were a number of huge bees nests we visited on the recommendation of the wrap at our hotel. We were very pleased with skate park as a whole but we were very disappointed in how crowded the blue hole was. We did jump in and cool off after walking the half mile to get there. We ended up leaving early because there were a number of huge bees nest at the entrance. Bees were all around and we couldn’t avoid them. I am allergic to bees and we decided to return to the park entrance and justbwaitbforbthw bus back to our hotel (almost 2 hours).

Write a ReviewReviews (3,010)
All reviews
in 14 reviews
"dominican republic"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 26 June 2018

After riding the zip lines we were looking forward to the "blue hole" after reading the reviews. We hiked thru the jungle quite a hike and when we finally got to the spot we were disappointed to find a small swimming pool sized hole that was almost too cold to even swim in. The water was beautiful and blue and my 17 year old jumped from the platform to say she did but even she said it wasn't worth the walk or hour wait for the group tour.

Reviewed 24 June 2018

The Hoya Azul (Blue Hole) was beautiful. I felt that it was a little crowded but that is part of any kind of tourist attraction. Our guide, Harland, went above and beyod to make sure that we enjoyed our visit. Great excursion!

Reviewed 20 June 2018

My husband and I did this excursion on our honeymoon and really enjoyed it. It is a good experience, and the pictures they take of you were great. I just HAD to have them.

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

This was a gorgeous view of Punta Cana"s natural beauty. It was quite a hike back to it, but it was doable for me and I'm not in top shape. There were narrow stairs to navigate close to the hole. Many people jumped off a ledge (my brave husband included) but I preferred to walk down the stairs and ease into the water. It drops off right away so one needs a flotation devices needs to feel comfortable swimming. The site was run well and we were glad we took the time to see more of the area. We added this part on to a boat trip we took earlier in the day...would not have wanted to add anything else to the day.