Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana
Reserve with OpenTable
Passion By Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Punta Cana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 307 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Caribbean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
“Loved the food”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I'm always mad about dining in different places or to try new places. Just by the fact of loving food and being open to nurture my palate with new flavors and experiences.

My last time at the restaurant was about 5 months ago, and it was a dinner prepared by Martin himself, and it was espectacular. However, my other three previous visits to Passion have been great as well, I think the chefs they have keep alive Martin's creations.

I like more now the place they moved the restaurant recently, nicer environment. Because when it was located by the lobby it could get annoying because of the loud music from a disco or club next door. But that's history, now the experience is really warm and with no interruptions.

Loved a dish with "carrilleras" (i think is beef cheek) and a great pea emulsion with some greatly cooked "cubes" of seabass.

Congrats!!

• Visited March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Polish first
Ladera Ranch, California
“Excellent components but overall lacking”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Went here as a treat having been to several amazing restaurants internationally but not by a SIX star Michelin star chef. Felt pressured to have the tasting menu, which seemed fine considering that I was the only diner at the table who was drinking and they had a complimentary wine pairing. I was not impressed with any of the courses, as a whole or individually. My boyfriend had a price fixed menu. They did a great job with timing, though I'd expect that. I know I had more than seven courses. We both were given tastes of various items the chef wanted to share but none stood out. It seemed that many items tasted of fish, even though it wasn't noted that they would. That made it hard for someone who doesn't like seafood. Even the cauliflower puree and mashed potatoes were made with some fish broth or something fishy. The service was stellar. They were timely and I felt even somewhat rushed but I could see that we were delaying a bit. We were introduced to at least 3 staff members though I think 4 or 5 served us. It's a shame that the highlight of our dining experience on this trip wasn't better. I liked the room service tuna steak better and the dessert from Fuego more than what I was offered. I think some chefs need to remember that they aren't on top chef of chopped. You don't need to "make due" with what you have..elevating a meal is great, but don't invent things for sake of inventing therm. I'm leaving slightly bummed that this wasn't more what I expected it to be.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank tinamw
New York
“GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

great food, excellente no dislikes. seven coures and the flavors were amazing. If you get a chance please experiennce this restaurant. I would suggest more for couples than friends.

Visited August 2014
New York City, New York, USA
“good food, small portions”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The place had good service although it was empty. It would have been nice if the portions were a tad bigger considering the price tag was not cheap.

Visited September 2013
Denver, Colorado
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The 7 course meal is more like 10-11 courses. It was very good and the service was on par with the best.

Visited July 2014