Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$370
US$352
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$508
Bookit.com
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$346
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$160
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$383
US$295
Melia.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$259
US$465
US$444
US$262
US$255
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$337
US$286
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
Orbitz.com
9,425 results
All reviewstropical suitesjade restaurantaqua parka la carte restaurantsanimation teamjames bondpool barsaona islanddominican republicbuffet restaurantlobster dinnerfantastic holidaysteaktwo double bedskids clubspeed boatsecond week
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Sirenis Cocotal Resort on April 19, 2014.
I was accompanied by 2 other families with kids ranging in age from 7 to 14.

The Sireis Resort is in Punta Cana.
Now they say it is in Punta Cana, but technically it's north of Punta Cana by 20 miles at least
It literally is at the end of the road at this point if you head East out of Santo Domingo on Autopista 3 and then make the turn north at Punta Cana.
They are building the autopista heading north, but it seriously ends at the turn for this resort and you take the road down toward the water and the road again, literally ends at the entrance.

If there is a down side to the resort, it's that it is not easy to get to. If you rent a car there are no signs, and if you come by taxi it has got to be ungodly expensive, so plan accordingly.

As for the resort itself, it's a good size resort, nothing as large as the Hard Rock, but it's pretty big. The staff at check in was fantastic. Funny and helpful, spoke relatively good English, just delightful.

We arrived at around 10, but the room was not ready till 3. So the concierge had us go over to the Aquagames Park while our rooms were being prepared.
The Aquagames Park is a water park with a couple of pools, some tube slides, some speed slides and a spinner slide as well as other slides for the little ones.
Being from Florida we have water parks here. And while nice enough, it's no Wet and Wild or Disney's Typhoon Lagoon.

But for Dominicans that have never been to a water park it was the greatest thing in the world.

The beauty of this particular property is the price.
Just outside of Santo Domingo they have a water park. It costs $50.00 US per person
The Sirenis ended up costing $60.00 US per person and that was per day and included the all inclusive buffets, all inclusive drinks and the shows as well as unlimited use of the water park.

I personally thought it was a great value.

The rooms were nice, not exceptionally large, but nice.
Two double beds that are not exactly Sealy posturpedic. I guess if there was a negative about anything it would be the beds were not great. But truthfully, that's not why you would be going there.

We ate at the buffet 3 times. The food was good, with a wide variety. Lots of different choices for the kids and adults. In the evening we ate at the Seafood restaurant. It was not a buffet but you ordered off a menu, white linens and table cloths. Truthfully probably a $50.00 per person meal if you had it at the Malecon in Santo Domingo. I had the seafood Casserole, which was a very large bowl of all different kind of seafood, including big chunks of lobster. Quite tasty.

We went to the Dance Party show in the evening. Again, not exactly a Disney production, but they were very energetic. The interesting thing is they must have made 25 outfit changes. Every time you turn around they were there in a different outfit. The kids liked it, very up beat and fun for them.

I have stayed at an all inclusive resort in Porta Plata, Boca Chica and now here in Punta Cana
No question, this was BY FAR the best of all the resorts I've been to

Strongly recommend it, especially if you have teenagers.

Room Tip: My room was E14 on the first floor of the E wing. It was nice enough. Not particularly close to anything, but not too far away either.
5  Thank Carl R
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi Carl R,

Thank you for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off.

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is by far the worst resort I have ever stayed at. Although the grounds and beach are beautiful, the rooms in the "Junior Suite" are nothing short of a 1 star motel. They install a slab of granite in the bathrooms and think this makes it a 4 star- Not! The beds are literally rock hard and just a tad bit bigger than a twin. Certainly not big enough for 2 adults.

Customer service was horrible! Upon check in we had to wait over 2 hours for our room to be ready. When we got to the room, one of the beds had no sheets. We called the front desk literally 5 times and were told they would be sent over. We never got the sheets until the next day at 4:00pm.

The food in the buffet was ok. Nothing special, but there were a lot of options. The fresh fruit was plentiful and very good. In terms of the restaurants, the only dining option time was 9:00pm however when we went to the restaurants at 7:00 there was no one there.

Overall this resort was not worth the money. Its not safe to leave the resort on your own and the only real shopping is a 45 min $100 cab ride away. I would stay clear of this resort. Although the beach is gorgeous and the resort ground is beautiful- there is nothing else nice about the resort.

1  Thank lhegs

Hi lhegs,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.

As per your problems with the room, have you informed the public relations department or someone from management during your trip? I am surprised to hear nobody helped you because when we know about problems, we try to resolve them as fast as we can. We like to do our best to make our customers happy so they can have a great stay with us.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Please do not go there!!!

I was not aware of tripadvisor last year when I went there with my wife!
For every question they were just not taking care!
The most arrogant people I haver met in a Hotel!
We were asking the receptionist for towels 5 times!!! They did not get it to manage!

Even worst- Internet is expensiver as in everywhere we've ever been!
Even the safe has to be paid- this is strictly impossible!
The rooms were old and dirty- never towels around and bad housekeeping.
To get towels for the beach it was everyday a fight.

WORST:
Moreover the guys were selling timesharing or something like this very agressively.
We had once to go there to book the two restaurants of our choise- the guy there wanted us nearly to obligate to take part for a selling event!
My reaction was asking them if they have thought about something and maybe people just wanted to enjoy the vacation.
Nothing against selling and proposing- but this kind of agressive selling is not client friendly!

On the other hand I have to admit that the beach was awesome as also the pools.

Anyway for that price you can and should expect more.
So never ever there!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiegoMaradona10

Hi DiegoMaradona10,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I have to say we take very seriously every comment from our customers since it helps us in improving the services we offer. I see you came to the Sirenis in May 2013. A lot has changed since then so some of the issues you are mentioning have been resolved as we listen to our client’s feedback.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fantastic Family Vacation!

My husband and i traveled with our three children, ages 4,2 &1.
The resort is very family friendly. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful even if they couldn't speak english they still tried their best to communicate.

The food was ok, we never went hungry. my only complaint about the food was is was sometimes over cooked, but stlll edible. Always lots of selection. Their was always a buffet open at the pool or beach and one at the main building. The main bar served great cappuccino and espresso. The drinks were great, we loved the beer with a lime. Or the frozen lemonade. We ate at the Jade A la carte, it was fantastic. Also the steak house, we enjoyed both of our A la carts. we could have ate at the italian but it was so fancy we were afraid to take our kids in lol. The grilled chicken at the pool buffets were my favourite.

Entertainment was superb! we watched Burlesque and the circus show. i could not clap and whistle enough. can't believe the shows are included. Th kids club puts on kids entertainment each night at 8:00 and during the day they also have kids club by the beach for ages 4-12

we used a hotel babysitter one night when we went out to the jade a la cart. her name was Marina. she was fantastic. had all three kids asleep when we got home. The kids liked her. $25 an hour for the 3 kids. well worth it for us to have some alone time.

The water park was awesome. something for everyone. Buffet, pool, slides, kids area, fake beach area, shopping, toilets, change rooms, bar, fresh towels. Lots of shade. It is located just past the main building and shops. About a 5 minute walk. very safe and fun.

I was a little bothered by some of the men on staff that all thought i was pregnant. when i went on the water slide he asked me 5 times if i was pregnant bambino? bambino? listen, I'm 140 lbs and have three kids. I am not that big or out of shape. so this really bugged me!!!!!!!!! even when i went to the bar they would say bambino? you pregnant? i was by far one of the smaller woman there.

Our room was great! Big spacious. good floor plan. the beds and pillows suck, hard beds, lumpy pillows. but we were so tired at the end of the days it didn't even matter to us. the room smelt a little funny but probably from the humidity. We had a leaky room from the air conditioner and we called and had it fixed within the first hour we arrived. The fridge wasn't very cold but it worked.

the gardens and grounds are amazing! the beach is stunning minus all the cigarette butts!!!! thats the guests faults!!! should have more ashtrays available. The ocean wasn't good for swimming in very strong waves. but relaxing to sit at the beach and enjoy the view.

the pool was perfect great music shallow area for the kids, deep area if you want to swim. lots of places to eat and relax.

We stayed in tropical H006, great location, close to everything!

our whole family loved this resort! we will come back. Going to try the mexico sirenis also.

Room Tip: tropical H 006 was the building we stayed in, close to the ail walkway and central to everything.
5  Thank Greeneyedjess

Hi Greeneyedjess,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort.

I will leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you ever want to come back to our resort. It will be a pleasure meeting you and ensuring you spend another great vacation with our Sirenis Team!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We were supposed to be picked up from the airport, but no one was there,we tried to call the hotel was transferred with a non speaking person, then back to original person who told us to take a cab, though we had pre paid for airport pick up service, tho hey will take advantage of you so be very careful, they have no integrity 2 after a long day of travel,we tried for weeks to confirm our p/u. When we arrived at the resort we were promised the trip of a lifetime,more like a nightmare of a lifetime,the staff act as if you're bugging them,the beds feel like you're sleeping litterly on wood,I have a medical condition so it was uncomfortable,we advised the staff but they could care less,the second night my husband thought we would have to do an emergency flight home because I was hurting so bad, no one speaks English so there's a horrible language barrier,the food was stale everyday,they tell you that you can enjoy the 4 restaurants, but when you get there you are only allowed to use 2 of them, which is the food that they serve all day and they haven't gotten rid of by dinner time,the 11:30pm buffet is all the food from the rest of what was left from the day so by now you don't know what you're eating, shame, shame.We travel over sea's at least 1-2 time a year,we've traveled to every carribean island,the worst use to be Bahamas,but this place has taken the number one spot. Do not,I repeat Do not waste your time or money going here it's not worth it,all they want is money they could care less about your comfort and your having a good time.we argued with them 95% of the time we were there because of being treated poorly and not getting what we were promised,everyone name is junior so keep that in mind when you're dealing with them if you have to reference back to who you spoke to,we dealt with 5 different juniors,junior we had was supposed to be a manager who made a lot of empty promises,we did a tour to see if we wanted to purchase their points program, which obviously wasn't going to happen and a rude Italian man named Bruno had the nerve to ask our opinion when we told him the truth he snapped"well why did you come, go home"really they could learn,a lot from the USA or other resorts how to treat guest's. The TV had a split screen so we couldn't watch, the bathroom area was something horrible no words,they have way too many restrictions, the water park they own close at 5pm and the pool close at 6pm, really when you're on vacation who wants to be told you can't swim after 6pm, if you're looking for a fun filled vacation scratch this place Off the list, if you want to be stressed the whole time, then this is the place to go. The entertainment is the worst we've ever seen

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank DivaTe
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi DivaTe,

Regarding the hard beds, we have mattress toppers that we provide for clients who like softer beds. Did you ask anyone during your stay?

As per our employee’s languages, there are people who speak English in most departments. At the reception, in the public relations department and all management staff speak English as well as the supervisors in most departments. You should always be able to find someone who speaks English when you need it.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone at the buffets but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

As per the restaurant reservations, you have a minimum of 2 per week or more during your stay, depending on what Tour Operator you are coming with and the package you bought.
Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so.