“The Happiest People I Have Ever Seen in One Place”

Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #73 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Reviewed 21 April 2014

We recently stayed at your Resort as my son got married at the Excellence. Because of the travel from this resort to the Excellence, we needed some 'extra' help and got above what was expected from the front desk staff! They were absolutely exceptional, especially Apolinar and another girl who was in training (I don't know her name)...they took us under their wings the entire time we were there and it was so comforting to know they would be there to help us with anything we needed help with. I have never seen so many 'happy' people with smiles on their faces 'ALL' the time as I did while I was at your resort. Being from the United States, I think Americans need to take note of that so they can treat their guests in the same manner. Everything but 'one' thing we experienced at this resort was above my expectations! The 'only' thing that needs a drastic change made and 'sooner than later' is being able to eat at the restaurants at the resort. Of course the buffet is always available, but it would have been very nice to eat at a couple of different restaurants...to find out that you have to 1) make reservations; 2) make those reservations 24 hours ahead of time and 3) when you did make a reservation and were told that the only available time was 8;45 p.m., only to find out that your name is not on their 'program' as we were told, is not acceptable at all!

We are hoping to be able to come back in two to three years, but this time we will have another person with us...we will be looking into your resort as long as it is competitive and will definitely check before booking to make sure the restaurant issues have been taken care of.

2  Thank Pam B
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

Hi Pam B,

First of all it’s always a pleasure to receive great reviews as we work really hard to ensure our clients spend a great vacation. I will definitely pass on your comments to Apolinar as I’m sure he will be so happy to hear that. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the resort in general, especially the service and happiness of our people.

As per you suggestions they are much appreciated as we are constantly working in improving our services. For the restaurants, we definitely suggest that you make your reservations the day you arrived to be able to have the times, dates and restaurants that you like. Everyone should be able to get the number of reservations from their package without any problems.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your family spend another great vacation.

Traveled April 4th-11th, 2014- Group of 9
First let me express my thanks to the staff of the Punta Cana airport for providing assistance to my aged mother with the aid of a wheelchair and pushing her all the way thru the airport and upon return, pushing her through airport and escorting her up the steps to the plane.

Our group had 6 people from the east coast of Canada, one from the West coast of Canada and two from USA. All arriving different times but same day. I had emailed the general manager a week prior to arrival asking if possible could my mother be given a ground floor and if possible could she place as many of us together with my mother as possible. I received an email back from Veronique Giron saying she would do her best to accommodate our requests. Well upon checkin we found that request had been granted, with the exception of my sister from B.C who ended up next door on the Cocotal side. It was only a 2 min walk to her place so that was wonderful. In fact my American aunt in a separate email had asked for a ground floor room and received one 2 doors down from my mother. A big thank you again to Veronique Giron and others who made this request a reality.

All of us really like the resort for all the reasons people previously mentioned in other reviews so I won’t go into that. I will point out a few details that either got missed in previous posts or explained wrong.

With regards to the sockets. The rooms in the Tropical side and Cocotal side both required 110. The problem is that these sockets are recessed into round opening and a most electronics chargers are square. I could not fit my ipod charger in the whole by itself. This was rectified by an extension that came with my currency convertor. I’m sure most of the people traveling to the Caribbean have this unit.

Not once were any of us bothered by the time share people and our building was right behind the concierge places. I saw them with their paperclip boards but they never approached us. We were able to get reservations for our large group in the Japanese and Steakhouse through the concierge services.

The visual and sound experience of the Japanese out way the food taste, but the overall experience was a lot of fun.
With regards to the steakhouse, we found the service a little slow but we were at a later meal service. Most of us ordered the Tenderloin which is in fact two filet mignon. Do not fill up on bread or you will not be able to finish these awesome steaks. Two people ordered the striploin but had wished after that they had went with the tenderloin.

We never had an issue getting one table for all of us at the buffet for supper time and two staff made sure our water/wine or beer was always filled and fresh

This resort has one of the most extensive cocktail lists that I have seen provided in a 4 star all inclusive. I only got through ½ of them during my stay. The lobby space is excellent. We were able to get seating for our group of 9 people quite easily most nights. I recommend you go for the top section, it’s a little cooler with the fresh air blowing through.

My uncle who is a diabetic got ill half way through our stay and ended up in the Punta Cana hospital. The front desk staff were most helpful with connecting our phone(in the lobby) to the hospital free of charge. I’ve posted that experience on the Punta Cana forum if your interested.

We were also able to get wifi down in the pool section by the beach which was great.

The thing that impressed me overall with this resort that I have not seen anything comparable to with other resorts that I have been to, is the efficiency at which the staff clear up glasses, plates, garbage. etc. Especially at the pool with the nice “large re-useable plastic tumblers” Finally someone got the hint that those disposable small plastic glasses are useless and so environmentally unfriendly. Workers were always coming by and cleaning these up, it was quite the thing to see a young lad with a tower of 30+glasses walking by. As well, the female wait staff in the lobby, they were quick to take your order, return with it and clear up any old glasses. It’s these small things that I tend to notice the most because in my opinion most resorts are comparable to each other (on the same *system) with the food selection/quality. Rooms, pools..etc. It’s the extra touches that mean more to me.

Small note on the Uvero Alto Market- My sister and I walked to Breathless and took the service road up to the main road and turned left to the market. The first store would not quote any prices, even when we told him that we were going to come back with 7 more people to buy stuff the next day. We went to store # 4 and dealt with Mario and negotiated prices on Rum, coffee and vanilla. Make sure you right the quote down. We came two days later and bought a huge load from him. Of course he wanted a little commission and we also tipped the two boys for wrapping all our booze up and the tops of vanillas so securely. My sister and I flagged down the Dominican regular bus and it costs us $1.00 each to go about 7 kms back to the resort. The Taxi was $3.00 per person but I liked just riding with the regular Dominicans. The market was safe, you can buy a large green beer in a paper bag for $3.00. at the min mart. They’ll give you a couple of plastic glasses to share it. I enjoyed just sitting at the tables and watching life go by, especially after you’ve made it through the “Gauntlet” We’ve all experienced “the Gauntlet” it’s what I call the souvenir sellers the swarm you either on the beach, at a market or on the resort . A firm no gracias seems to work.

If anyone has any questions feel free to pm me.
Thanks

Room Tip: Block H on Tropical side, Corner units on walkway side have a separate bedroom with a door that clo...
2  Thank kellieh1

Hi kellieh1,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m happy to see you and your family had a great holiday with us.

I’m glad I was able to meet your request and accommodate your family. Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as the first one.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I stayed at the Sirenis Cocotal Resort on April 19, 2014.
I was accompanied by 2 other families with kids ranging in age from 7 to 14.

The Sireis Resort is in Punta Cana.
Now they say it is in Punta Cana, but technically it's north of Punta Cana by 20 miles at least
It literally is at the end of the road at this point if you head East out of Santo Domingo on Autopista 3 and then make the turn north at Punta Cana.
They are building the autopista heading north, but it seriously ends at the turn for this resort and you take the road down toward the water and the road again, literally ends at the entrance.

If there is a down side to the resort, it's that it is not easy to get to. If you rent a car there are no signs, and if you come by taxi it has got to be ungodly expensive, so plan accordingly.

As for the resort itself, it's a good size resort, nothing as large as the Hard Rock, but it's pretty big. The staff at check in was fantastic. Funny and helpful, spoke relatively good English, just delightful.

We arrived at around 10, but the room was not ready till 3. So the concierge had us go over to the Aquagames Park while our rooms were being prepared.
The Aquagames Park is a water park with a couple of pools, some tube slides, some speed slides and a spinner slide as well as other slides for the little ones.
Being from Florida we have water parks here. And while nice enough, it's no Wet and Wild or Disney's Typhoon Lagoon.

But for Dominicans that have never been to a water park it was the greatest thing in the world.

The beauty of this particular property is the price.
Just outside of Santo Domingo they have a water park. It costs $50.00 US per person
The Sirenis ended up costing $60.00 US per person and that was per day and included the all inclusive buffets, all inclusive drinks and the shows as well as unlimited use of the water park.

I personally thought it was a great value.

The rooms were nice, not exceptionally large, but nice.
Two double beds that are not exactly Sealy posturpedic. I guess if there was a negative about anything it would be the beds were not great. But truthfully, that's not why you would be going there.

We ate at the buffet 3 times. The food was good, with a wide variety. Lots of different choices for the kids and adults. In the evening we ate at the Seafood restaurant. It was not a buffet but you ordered off a menu, white linens and table cloths. Truthfully probably a $50.00 per person meal if you had it at the Malecon in Santo Domingo. I had the seafood Casserole, which was a very large bowl of all different kind of seafood, including big chunks of lobster. Quite tasty.

We went to the Dance Party show in the evening. Again, not exactly a Disney production, but they were very energetic. The interesting thing is they must have made 25 outfit changes. Every time you turn around they were there in a different outfit. The kids liked it, very up beat and fun for them.

I have stayed at an all inclusive resort in Porta Plata, Boca Chica and now here in Punta Cana
No question, this was BY FAR the best of all the resorts I've been to

Strongly recommend it, especially if you have teenagers.

Room Tip: My room was E14 on the first floor of the E wing. It was nice enough. Not particularly close to anyt...
5  Thank Carl R

Hi Carl R,

Thank you for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off.

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

This is by far the worst resort I have ever stayed at. Although the grounds and beach are beautiful, the rooms in the "Junior Suite" are nothing short of a 1 star motel. They install a slab of granite in the bathrooms and think this makes it a 4 star- Not! The beds are literally rock hard and just a tad bit bigger than a twin. Certainly not big enough for 2 adults.

Customer service was horrible! Upon check in we had to wait over 2 hours for our room to be ready. When we got to the room, one of the beds had no sheets. We called the front desk literally 5 times and were told they would be sent over. We never got the sheets until the next day at 4:00pm.

The food in the buffet was ok. Nothing special, but there were a lot of options. The fresh fruit was plentiful and very good. In terms of the restaurants, the only dining option time was 9:00pm however when we went to the restaurants at 7:00 there was no one there.

Overall this resort was not worth the money. Its not safe to leave the resort on your own and the only real shopping is a 45 min $100 cab ride away. I would stay clear of this resort. Although the beach is gorgeous and the resort ground is beautiful- there is nothing else nice about the resort.

1  Thank lhegs

Hi lhegs,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.

As per your problems with the room, have you informed the public relations department or someone from management during your trip? I am surprised to hear nobody helped you because when we know about problems, we try to resolve them as fast as we can. We like to do our best to make our customers happy so they can have a great stay with us.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Please do not go there!!!

I was not aware of tripadvisor last year when I went there with my wife!
For every question they were just not taking care!
The most arrogant people I haver met in a Hotel!
We were asking the receptionist for towels 5 times!!! They did not get it to manage!

Even worst- Internet is expensiver as in everywhere we've ever been!
Even the safe has to be paid- this is strictly impossible!
The rooms were old and dirty- never towels around and bad housekeeping.
To get towels for the beach it was everyday a fight.

WORST:
Moreover the guys were selling timesharing or something like this very agressively.
We had once to go there to book the two restaurants of our choise- the guy there wanted us nearly to obligate to take part for a selling event!
My reaction was asking them if they have thought about something and maybe people just wanted to enjoy the vacation.
Nothing against selling and proposing- but this kind of agressive selling is not client friendly!

On the other hand I have to admit that the beach was awesome as also the pools.

Anyway for that price you can and should expect more.
So never ever there!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DiegoMaradona10

Hi DiegoMaradona10,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I have to say we take very seriously every comment from our customers since it helps us in improving the services we offer. I see you came to the Sirenis in May 2013. A lot has changed since then so some of the issues you are mentioning have been resolved as we listen to our client’s feedback.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Fantastic Family Vacation!

My husband and i traveled with our three children, ages 4,2 &1.
The resort is very family friendly. The staff were all very welcoming and helpful even if they couldn't speak english they still tried their best to communicate.

The food was ok, we never went hungry. my only complaint about the food was is was sometimes over cooked, but stlll edible. Always lots of selection. Their was always a buffet open at the pool or beach and one at the main building. The main bar served great cappuccino and espresso. The drinks were great, we loved the beer with a lime. Or the frozen lemonade. We ate at the Jade A la carte, it was fantastic. Also the steak house, we enjoyed both of our A la carts. we could have ate at the italian but it was so fancy we were afraid to take our kids in lol. The grilled chicken at the pool buffets were my favourite.

Entertainment was superb! we watched Burlesque and the circus show. i could not clap and whistle enough. can't believe the shows are included. Th kids club puts on kids entertainment each night at 8:00 and during the day they also have kids club by the beach for ages 4-12

we used a hotel babysitter one night when we went out to the jade a la cart. her name was Marina. she was fantastic. had all three kids asleep when we got home. The kids liked her. $25 an hour for the 3 kids. well worth it for us to have some alone time.

The water park was awesome. something for everyone. Buffet, pool, slides, kids area, fake beach area, shopping, toilets, change rooms, bar, fresh towels. Lots of shade. It is located just past the main building and shops. About a 5 minute walk. very safe and fun.

I was a little bothered by some of the men on staff that all thought i was pregnant. when i went on the water slide he asked me 5 times if i was pregnant bambino? bambino? listen, I'm 140 lbs and have three kids. I am not that big or out of shape. so this really bugged me!!!!!!!!! even when i went to the bar they would say bambino? you pregnant? i was by far one of the smaller woman there.

Our room was great! Big spacious. good floor plan. the beds and pillows suck, hard beds, lumpy pillows. but we were so tired at the end of the days it didn't even matter to us. the room smelt a little funny but probably from the humidity. We had a leaky room from the air conditioner and we called and had it fixed within the first hour we arrived. The fridge wasn't very cold but it worked.

the gardens and grounds are amazing! the beach is stunning minus all the cigarette butts!!!! thats the guests faults!!! should have more ashtrays available. The ocean wasn't good for swimming in very strong waves. but relaxing to sit at the beach and enjoy the view.

the pool was perfect great music shallow area for the kids, deep area if you want to swim. lots of places to eat and relax.

We stayed in tropical H006, great location, close to everything!

our whole family loved this resort! we will come back. Going to try the mexico sirenis also.

Room Tip: tropical H 006 was the building we stayed in, close to the ail walkway and central to everything.
5  Thank Greeneyedjess

Hi Greeneyedjess,

Thank you very much for taking time to share your holiday experience with us. It’s a pleasure to hear that you had a lovely holiday at our resort.

I will leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you ever want to come back to our resort. It will be a pleasure meeting you and ensuring you spend another great vacation with our Sirenis Team!

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

We were supposed to be picked up from the airport, but no one was there,we tried to call the hotel was transferred with a non speaking person, then back to original person who told us to take a cab, though we had pre paid for airport pick up service, tho hey will take advantage of you so be very careful, they have no integrity 2 after a long day of travel,we tried for weeks to confirm our p/u. When we arrived at the resort we were promised the trip of a lifetime,more like a nightmare of a lifetime,the staff act as if you're bugging them,the beds feel like you're sleeping litterly on wood,I have a medical condition so it was uncomfortable,we advised the staff but they could care less,the second night my husband thought we would have to do an emergency flight home because I was hurting so bad, no one speaks English so there's a horrible language barrier,the food was stale everyday,they tell you that you can enjoy the 4 restaurants, but when you get there you are only allowed to use 2 of them, which is the food that they serve all day and they haven't gotten rid of by dinner time,the 11:30pm buffet is all the food from the rest of what was left from the day so by now you don't know what you're eating, shame, shame.We travel over sea's at least 1-2 time a year,we've traveled to every carribean island,the worst use to be Bahamas,but this place has taken the number one spot. Do not,I repeat Do not waste your time or money going here it's not worth it,all they want is money they could care less about your comfort and your having a good time.we argued with them 95% of the time we were there because of being treated poorly and not getting what we were promised,everyone name is junior so keep that in mind when you're dealing with them if you have to reference back to who you spoke to,we dealt with 5 different juniors,junior we had was supposed to be a manager who made a lot of empty promises,we did a tour to see if we wanted to purchase their points program, which obviously wasn't going to happen and a rude Italian man named Bruno had the nerve to ask our opinion when we told him the truth he snapped"well why did you come, go home"really they could learn,a lot from the USA or other resorts how to treat guest's. The TV had a split screen so we couldn't watch, the bathroom area was something horrible no words,they have way too many restrictions, the water park they own close at 5pm and the pool close at 6pm, really when you're on vacation who wants to be told you can't swim after 6pm, if you're looking for a fun filled vacation scratch this place Off the list, if you want to be stressed the whole time, then this is the place to go. The entertainment is the worst we've ever seen

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank DivaTe
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Hi DivaTe,

Regarding the hard beds, we have mattress toppers that we provide for clients who like softer beds. Did you ask anyone during your stay?

As per our employee’s languages, there are people who speak English in most departments. At the reception, in the public relations department and all management staff speak English as well as the supervisors in most departments. You should always be able to find someone who speaks English when you need it.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone at the buffets but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

As per the restaurant reservations, you have a minimum of 2 per week or more during your stay, depending on what Tour Operator you are coming with and the package you bought.
Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so.