Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$439
US$352
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$539
US$516
Hotels.com
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$346
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$282
US$259
US$465
US$444
Bookit.com
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$491
US$295
Melia.com
US$262
US$255
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$279
Melia.com
9,432 results
All reviewstropical suitesjade restaurantaqua parka la carte restaurantsanimation teamjames bondpool barsaona islanddominican republicbuffet restaurantlobster dinnerfantastic holidaysteaktwo double bedskids clubspeed boatsecond week
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My husband and I returned today from a week at the Sirenis Tropical resort. We had an amazing vacation. We got a really good deal on a last minute package on the Redtag site for our Transat holiday.
We arrived late at night and checked in quickly and were escorted to our suite. The suite was on the ground floor #F002. We were pleased to see a more modern space than we usually see at 4 star resorts weve visited in DR and in Cuba. The hand held shower was a but of a hassle but we got used to it after we soaked the bathroom floor a couple of times :) Esthela did a wonderful job cleaning our room daily and we wish to thank her for that service. Charli at the beach bar makes a delicious long island iced tea so this became our drink of choice during our stay. He had a smile and a kind word for us each day. Wendy at the buffet is a wonderful person and a very organized and professional employee. Sirenis is very lucky to have her working there.
The hotel is kept very clean by a team of hard working dedicated employees.
The food at the buffet was fine for us. We ate breakfast and supper there each day even though we could have had three ala carte meals. The hotel tries very hard to please its clientele and it shows.
We were talked into attending a time share meeting (our own fault; we should have told them we weren't interested but the two young ladies who talked us into going to this 3 hour meeting told us if we went the company would give them credit toward their education). We couldn't say no to that but i wish we had! We wasted half of a wonderful day in paradise. My advise would be to only attend this meeting if you have the time money and inclination to buy into the deal. Many thanks also to the lobby bar evening staff for the fine job they do.
We loved our stay at Sirenis Tropical and hope to return for another visit later this year.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Cynthia G
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Hi Cynthia G,

Thank you for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will definitely pass on your comments to Esthela, Charli, and Wendy as I’m sure they will be so happy to hear that.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for anything you might need in a future stay. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the Sirenis Family.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We booked through Air Transat and flew on CanJet. Service on CanJet was unprofessional. Response to our complaint by Air Transat...insulting.

This is far from a 4 star. The beds are horrible, as are the pillows. The food is passable, some of the a la carte's are fine but that's it. The staff was very uneven, a few were nice, many were indifferent and a few were rude. The grounds are well maintained but the rooms are old and need to be refreshed.

That this is identified as Distinction makes we wonder about Air Transat, their staff onsite doesn't see it as Distinction.

Problem 1 - Arrival

We arrived at the hotel and our rooms were not ready (around 1:30 pm), in our case we were the last family to receive our room (just past 4 pm). This was not so much of a problem however we had not been notified in advance. Had we we would have packed our swim clothes in our carry-ons.

The welcome with a drink and wet towel did not happen.

Problem 2 - The Room

The room we were provided was far below standard. See the attached pictures. It has the following issues:

the door had been previously broken in and badly fixed, we could not close the safety lock
there had been a previous attempt to break into the safe
the outdoor furniture was covered in bird feces
the windows were all dirty
the wall were diry
the bathroom drains were rusted
the floors were dirty
the curtains had black mold on them
We went to the front desk and they indicated they would send people to clean the room. The front staff was not very accomodating, they gave us keys to another room and suggested we we see if we liked it better. I went to look and the standard was about the same and there was no separate bedroom which is what we wanted. I spoke to a trainnee Rosa Maria who was quite rude and what seemed to a manger Ramon. I asked to be changed as my feeling was that they gave us a problematic room that was dirty and not safe. They sent a number of people to address the situation, at 1 point there were 7 people in the room doing various things. I called our Sears Travel agent Norma Wheeler to express our disapointment and the lack of help from the front desk and the Air Transat people in place. She indicated that we continue to work with the people in place to try and rectify the situation. The local AirTransat people initially told me that I was getting what I paid for and that this was a value hotel. Considering the price I paid for our family of 4 I did not consider it value (over $7,000 for our entire family) and was very insulted. When I returned to them they were more helpful, at least the Canadian guy called Richard Cossette was more helpful as he brought me directly to the manager of customer service. By this time it was 4 hours after our arrival. She listened and indicated that there was no room for that night but that they would move us the next day. Her name was Jana and she was very professional.

Problem 3 - Concierge Service

The concierge service was not as presented in the brochure, basically they were there to get us to go to a meeting to hear about their club (timeshare). I asked for reservations to the A La Carte restaurants and they took the information down but did nothing about it.

Problem 4 - Reservations to A La Carte Restaurants

Even though 3 were guaranteed, we were only able to get 1 confirmed until the manager of customer relations got involved and made as many as we wanted.

Problem 5 - Change to Other Room

We were supposed to be able to access our room around 4, it was not available until 6 as they were using it to show to travel agents. We were also told we would get help to move, we could not find anyone so we did it ourselves. The concierges all watched us go by and no one offered to help.

Problem 6 - Daily Replenishment of Mini Fridge

There was never any beer once we changed rooms. Also the soft drinks were not replenished daily.

Problem 7 - Spa Discounts

We were not offered any spa discounts, we were offered cioupons if we came to the meeting to discuss the timeshare.

Problem 8 - Allowing Peddlers on the Site

The hotels allows souvenir peddlers onto the site. this occured twice while we were there. This was very tiresome and they bothered our children and us. I would not have selected this hotel had I known they did this and would always be after us for their timeshare meetings.

Problem 9 - Cleanliness of Establishment

Our son threw up in the lobby while waiting for the shuttle bus to the airport. We told staff 3 times that there was a mess to pick up (I speak passable Spanish) and they did not pick it up. Meanwhile 3 people stepped in the vomit. This was a danger for slipping and also a health hazard besides being quite disgusting.

Room Tip: I'm not sure how to get a good room. Probably want to be closest to the beach and higher level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank orleans_motr

Hi orleans_motr,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.

Regarding your arrival, the regular time for check-in is 3pm. If the room is ready before we definitely gave it to you before 3pm but when it’s a busy time of year and the hotel is full, it is normally 3pm.

The trainee Rosa Maria is not working here anymore as she wasn’t meeting our expectations in service. I personally apologize if she was rude to you and your family. I’m glad to see Jana was able to help you fast and solve most of your problems upon arrival.

To help you move your things from one room to another, you usually just need to tell the reception to send someone to your room to move your things. I’m not sure if you communicated to them once you were ready to move.

As per the SPA discounts, all clients from Transat have them. You just need to specify you are a Transat client when you make your reservation and they gave it to you. The only SPA services where the discount doesn’t apply is on the services that are already at a discounted price (monthly, or weekly offers).

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My husband and I vacationed here from April 22-29 with a group of 30 people for our friends' wedding. We generally aren't terribly picky (we have both travelled quite a bit down south and had backpacked through Europe and Australia) and had resigned ourselves to making the best of the trip, despite the many poor reviews we read, especially since we had no say in selecting the resort.

Here are our two cents on the resort...

First off, the positives:
-the grounds are immaculate, lush and gorgeous. Not hard to see that a lot of attention and pride is focused on maintaining the shrubbery and flowers.
-we didn't experience any real issues with not having bath towels in our room that many other reviewers have mentioned...one day we only had 2 large shower towels but that was plenty for just the two of us and that only happened once.
-our room was cleaned and tidied every day (our maid Carmen was great) and our small mini bar was restocked with beer, soda and water daily.
-I think we had an updated room - nothing to write home about but it was nice enough.
-dinner in the Jade Japanese restaurant was tasty.
-we had an issue with our toilet getting clogged and with the air conditioner leaking a bit in our room and when we called the front desk, they sent service people to fix the issue right away.
-the bbq down by the beach is yummy for a quick lunch - the bbq chicken is especially tasty when you can get it hot off the grill but keep in mind that it is open to the air, so I would stay away from any of the food (veggies, mayo) that are left sitting out in the heat all afternoon.
-we never had trouble getting beach or poolside loungers, there always seemed to plenty to go around.

Now for the negatives:
-the food was the worst food I've ever eaten at a resort, and I've stayed at some 3 star places in Cuba on budget trips before. You can generally find something edible at the buffet (emphasis on edible, not good) but for someone who eats really healthy at home (and who also happens to avoid a lot of wheat), I found it very challenging to eat dinner and ended up filling up on a lot of pasta and bread in order to get enough to eat...so much for avoiding wheat.
-we ate in the Italian a la carte for the wedding dinner with the group and had the most disgusting food I've ever had (my risotto had a hair in it and my lasagna plate was so hot my husband burned his fingers on the plate but the food was ice cold) and laughable service. My husband and our friend both had ravilo, but the pasta was still hard - it had only been cooked for a few minutes. The restaurant wasn't even half full while we were in it but the wait staff spend most of the evening leaning up against the back wall of the restaurant, talking to each other or playing on their cell phones. Only after one of the ladies in our group (who spoke Spanish thank God, because none of the wait staff speak English AT ALL) approached the group of servers hanging out at the back and asked for wine, did we get any service at all. And even then, we told them to just leave full bottles on the tables and we poured them ourselves, otherwise we never would have had any.
-I think the biggest issue with the wedding dinner is that they aren't equipped to feed that many people at once - the guests who ordered first said that their food was good. We were among the ones who ordered last in the group, and our food wasn't cooked enough or was still cold. They let everyone order from the full menu though, so no wonder they couldn't made 30 different meals at once. The resort could steal a best practice from every other wedding caterer and only offer a few choices (ie: chicken, fish, pasta) as entrees to cut their cooks some slack.
-I heard from other guests that the wedding cake was delicious though. Unfortunately I was sick from the uncooked lasagna and wasn't able to have any. :(
-the location for the wedding on the beach was lovely but the entire ceremony took a grand total of 2 minutes, so it was a bit disappointing in my opinion, especially since we had all traveled down for this specific reason.
-Very few service staff at the resort speak any English, including the concierges who help you book your a la carte restaurants. (It should be noted that the staff at the front desk that I spoke with, spoke excellent English though). It just made communicating that much more tricky. Luckily, as I mentioned, we had two people in our group who spoke passable spanish so they helped us out a bit.
-the guys selling the horseback riding and the catamaran trips (etc) at the pool and beach are really quite pushy and will come back to you again and again, day after day, to try to get you to buy an excursion. After a few polite 'no gracias' every day, you had to be quite blunt/boarding on rude to get the point across that you weren't interested.
-booking the a la cartes was a bit of a gong show and was hit or miss depending on the person you spoke with. Some members of our group were told the 'system was down' every time they tried to book their dinners, some people had no issues at all and some people were pitched the whole 'special anniversary breakfast', which is their timeshare presentation. My husband and I were quite fortunate and were able to book our a la cartes with very little hassle (though it did take 2 separate trips as they had no internet once) and they didn't push us too hard on the timeshare presentation - they seemed to know our room was part of the large wedding group and we weren't interested in missing out on a lot of time with our friends
-I never knew a bed or pillow could be so uncomfortable in my life. They do 2 double beds in the Tropical Suites (if you want a king, i suggest you just push the beds together), and the one night my husband and I tried to share one of the beds, i was awake all night because every time he moved, I felt it - the mattress was that thin. Needless to say, our trip wasn't quite as romantic as I'd wished, since we had to sleep in separate beds for a week.
-most of the staff seem pretty miserable in general, like they hate their lives. People barely smile and asking them to help you with something or get you something (when their job is to be a waiter or bartender).

Things that were disappointing but the resort has little control over:
-there were a lot of kids at the resort (I'm guessing the water park and large pools have something to do with all the families) and while I don't mind kids around in general, they seemed to really spend a lot of time around the only swim up bar, which was quite annoying (got a lot of splashes in the face). Parents should be a bit more considerate of the other guests and had their kids play elsewhere - shouldn't be too much of an issue, considering how large the pools were.
-we hung out in the large open lobby area every evening and a lot of people smoked, which was a bit gross. Nothing the hotel can do about it unless they prohibited smoking in there all together, which I couldn't see happening.

At the end of the day, while our trip wasn't awful, we wouldn't ever consider coming back to this resort either, especially given the price we paid for the trip. There are definitely nicer spots, with better food and service, available for less money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mandykyns

Hi Mandykyns,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services. . I’m happy to hear you liked our immaculate grounds, the cleanliness of the room, your dinner at the Jade restaurant, the rapidness of our maintenance service, and the availability of the beach loungers.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone at the buffets but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

As per the staff service I am very surprised to hear about the poor service you received as this is why most of our clients come back, the staff friendliness and the service. I would love to know if you had an bad experience with certain employees in particular.

I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to contact me personally. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Let's start with the positive, the resort grounds are beautiful, the beach is also nice along with the pools.

We were part of a wedding and a number of people were were sick from the food. The Steak House was the shining star, one of the best steaks I have eaten in a long time, tender enough to cut with a butter knife.

The Japanese was great as well although the desserts were not good as they were moving when they should not have been. We found birds eating from the salad counters, ants in the croussants, hair, enough said.

One of our group had cock roaches visting regularly, tubs, sinks, toilets plugged.

Sand fleas chewed us up on the legs.

The consierge staff badgered the quests to sell vacation packages.

I have never seen a hotel where the staff such as consierges who are required to interface with the guests did not speak english very well.

The service staff are rude, one of our party when talking to a consierge staff expressing their card key was not working responded in Spanish that " her problem is not the world's problem" (she did not realize the girl spoke Spanish).

The Spa services are a bit disconnected, a number of guests showed up for massage appointments pre-booked and there were no attendants, so we had to wait until someone arrived at a pretty leisurely pace.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Stephen B
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Hi Stephen B,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities.

In regards to the food and kitchen, we pass all the quality and hygiene controls and inspections. We have external audits twice a month by Cristal a recognized Dominican Republic company, and also we have regular inspections from each Operator Tour on a monthly basis, which we all pass with positive results.

As per the rude staff you encountered, did you let someone from Guest Service or someone from the management team about it? We work so hard with our teams to ensure great customer service that if something like this happens we like to know about it so we can take measures so it doesn’t happen again.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed for 2 weeks. The food was ok the buffet always had something to eat but also always had something weird to eat too. The buffet servers were awesome always remembered you. Our air transat rep was excellent. Even though I emailed the resort before we arrived and asked for an ocean view room and were willing to pay the extra and was told by Veronique that she would do all she could it wasn't done upon arrival but the next day out rep helped us get a new room with a king bed and view. Our old room was very run down with 2 double beds and a leaky shower. It was very worth the extra $20 a night for our new room. The ala cartes were excellent except the Mexican we had cold soup and weren't treated very well. We left and went to the buffet for our supper. The locals in the shops nearby were very pushy made it hard to shop for trinkets or even want to shop which was sad. The beach was amazing for walking you could walk for miles on the lovely sandy beach. Some spots to the left of the resort had some great waves for body surfing. Would I go to Punta Cana again? I don't think so. Although the weather was fantastic. If you go and are adventurous go on the fun fun tour it's a long drive but you get to see the real Punta Cana and the horses, walk and hike through the cave was totally fantastic!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Anne D

Hi Anne D,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the service of the servers at the buffet, the amazing beach and the waves.

As per the ocean view room, if you didn’t have it the day you arrived it’s because we didn’t have one available on that date. For all the requests I receive, I give what people ask me when we have availability. I normally leave a note with reception when it happens that we don’t have availability upon arrival so they can tell you the next date we have one available to see if you are interested in changing later on.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you would like to discuss further or if you ever decide to come back to our resort.