“Cracking Holiday Spot!!”

Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #74 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
“Cracking Holiday Spot!!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Just back from Sirenis Cocotal after 2 weeks of relaxation with my wife and friends, first impressions of the resort where good, clean and tidy and the grounds where immaculate. The rooms although clean could do with a makeover.... but for sleeping in they where fine and the air con was on all the time so they where cool. The food in the main restaurant was always good and the choice was great, the staff where always attentive and very friendly, they have various themed restaurants on the complex that you can use at no extra cost, we found these to be good the best being the " The Steak House " food was lovely. The only drawback we encountered was the fact that kids where allowed to play football in the hotel lobby which did not make for a pleasant area to relax, maybe this could be highlighted to parents that this is not a playground, but overall no complaints....will be back!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank juliodoolio
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Hi juliodoolio,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments with us. I’m happy to hear you encountered everything you needed here at our Resort, and that you loved the clean, tidy and immaculate grounds, the air conditioning in the rooms, the variety of food, and the themed restaurants. Thank you also for your feedback as it will help us improve our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you and your friends spend another memorable vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,055)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We booked our holiday with Thompson which offered cocotal suits only... The rooms were o.k but the cleaners didnt pay enough attention to please their guests. The only restaurant we enjoyed was Jade Oriental, which is worth visitig. In the Steak House, the food was very good but the service was poor, very long waiting time... Not many activities for young children, apart from the aquapark, whcih was great. Excellent animation team!!! A big thank you to Manuel :), Mario,Adriana Papparazzi and the rest. Very nice drinks and brilliant service in the bars. Thompson representative trying to make money on excursions which are cheaper to buy from the hotel. Very nice and friendly staff. Favourite restaurant buffet was Macao with excellent service. The food was nice with a wide range of dishes to choose from. We enjoyed our holiday very much but I doubt we'd go back to that hotel again due to the condition of the rooms and location of it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jolanta G
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Hi delfinek78,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the Jade restaurants, the buffet Macao, the excellent animation team, the drinks and service at the bars, and the wide variety of food. As per your other comments, they will help us improve the quality of the services we offer.

As per the rooms, we are constantly working on improving them. Just for your information, in October 2013 we renovated bathrooms of over 200 rooms on the Cocotal side, which is a nice update.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss these issues in more details. If you come back to Punta Cana in the future and decide to choose our resort, I will personally insure you have the best vacation at our hotel.

Humacao, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The food was nasty, no restaurants were available (supposedly), the service was not the best and the rooms are old and smelled like mold, the animation crew are very lame and there wasn't any kind of transportation for the hotel area...Will never go back!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank Nette73
Hi Nette73,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Had a great vacation, but would not go too this resort again. The grounds and lobby areas were lovely, and I would say the pool activities were top notch, probably the best we've seen across many different resorts in different countries! However, the rooms were very old, and, somewhat clean, the beds were horrible, there was mold in the tub, and the toilet did not work ( despite asking several times for it to be fixed). The beds were like sleeping on box springs, the walls were stained, the furnishings very old and beat up, upholstery stained, etc. We did notice this in other reviews prior to going, but thought perhaps there were only a few rooms like this. We travelled in a large group, who all stayed in different buildings, and, sadly, this was pretty consistent.

The A La Carte restaurants were not very good at all, stick to the buffets, which were actually had great variety and some really great food.
Overall, for a cheap vacation it was good, and again, the entertainment staff were excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 1happytravelleryay
Hi 1happytravelleryay,

I’m very glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us and I’m happy to see you took the time to share your comments. I also really appreciate your feedback as it will help me improve the quality of our services as we are continuously working on it.

Regarding your issue with the food, as you know, it is very difficult to please everyone at the buffets but we are continuously looking for ways to improve the quality and the variety, in order to increase our customers’ satisfaction.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as the first one.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Overall this hotel was nice and we had no complaints. I went with a friend and we both went to relax and get away from work for a week.

My take on positives and opportunities for improvements are as follows:

Opportunity for improvements:
- The rooms could use a modernization upgrade although they were clean it would be nice to have a clock in room, softer beds, and maybe some minor upgrades to the look of the room. That being said the rooms were clean and the maid came everyday and cleaned beds and provided us with new towels.
- I personally wasn't crazy about the food at the buffet (breakfast, lunch or diner). The friend i travelled with thought it was great. I found the food to be a bit bland, they didn't have much fruit in mornings, had minimal to no seafood and the food was similar almost everyday.
- They had a limit on the number of a la carte restaurants you could book. They only let us book two for the week. All other resorts I have stayed at (including Sirenis in Mexico) in the south let us book as many a la carts as we wanted. I would have liked this rule to be slightly more flexible especially during low season when the restaurants were not full.
- Since we went for an adult vacation i didn't like the amount of children on the resort as I found they were rude, disrupted quite time, and screamed at the a la carte restaurants. Although I realize that the hotel has no control on how many children are at the resort it would be nice if they could enforce the adults only areas (i.e. they have a kiddie pool, and water park so it would have been nice if the kids were to stay out of adult pool area/swim up bar and they could stay in the child pool area). I would also have liked to have a few a la carte adults only or at least a time slot available that was adults only as most nights our dinner was interrupted by a child having a meltdown.
- the sales tactics in terms if time shares, and excursions was a bit aggressive - if I say no once i would appreciate not being asked 10 more times.
- free wifi would be nice

Pros:
-great animation staff who tried really hard to engage people
- great, great, amazing, stellar service - the staff work really hard, always have a smile and will try there best to help no matter what - I would say this about all staff front desk, cleaning services, bar, restaurants ect. Overall 5 star plus service
- clean resort - pool, beach, lobby, grounds etc was well maintained and clean
- Great a la carte restaurants (for two we attended), food, service etc was exceptional. Even the decor was nice as it was modern.
- Nice beach and pool area with a number of lawn chairs (I liked that some were always available) unlike other resorts i have been to.
- a lot of variety for drinks if you like booze and the service was quick and friendly at bars.
- not too far from the airport
- several activities on or around resort and opportunity to relax if thats what you prefer.

Overall I would recommend this resort for families, if you want a child free vacation don't go here. I would rate the resort as a 4 star as it was clean, had great service and had a variety of amenities.

Room Tip: As for a room close to lobby not on the ends (as they are a long walk from everything)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Amanda H
Hi Amanda H,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services. Thank you also for your feedback as it is very important to us in order to improve the services we offer.

I’m at your disposition for anything you might need. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com. Hope to have you as our guest again in the near future.

Weatherford, Oklahoma
Reviewed 3 June 2014

First off the pictures of the rooms on the internet must be 15yrs. old. The rooms and the food are nasty at best. I have traveled to multiple destinations and I would rank this the worst of all. NASTY

Room Tip: In Choosing a good room at this resort the only way is to stay at a different resort!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
12 Thank Mike B
Hi Mike B,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review, this always helps us to improve our services. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues or if you are thinking of coming back to our resort. I’ll be happy to ensure you spend a great vacation.

Clinton, Oklahoma
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I don't know how this got 4 or 5 stars, but what a waste of a week of vacation days!!! We took our whole family and the resort grounds were well kept, the beach was beautiful but other than that it was beyond a disappointment. Rooms were hot and moldy, beds uncomfortable, the worst was the food. We tried to make reservations at the "restaurants" (which turned out to be the pool side snack bar turned into a restaurant) and they had no availability at any restaurant for any night we were there! How is that even possible? So we were left to eat at the buffet which gave us delicious choices like calf liver stew, pigs feet, mashed banana and onion, corn pizza.....our whole family lost weight. We were brought a single bottle of water to our room each day. We felt rationed! Not an exaggeration. Staff was less than helpful- the DR is beautiful, but this place is a dive. Go somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed May 2014
9 Thank Mrsmarci
Hi Mrsmarci,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us. I have to say we take very seriously every comment from our customers since it helps us in improving the services we offer. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip.

Concerning your room, did you ask the reception manager to see if they could give you another one? It is always a pleasure to accommodate our guests to ensure they spend a great holiday; we just need to know what you need. As per the restaurants, there is normally availability for all our guests. Did you mention your challenge in making your reservations to our Guest Services Department? They are there to help you with anything you might need. As per the water and any other requests you have, you just need to communicate it with us and we solve the situation right away to make sure you enjoy your time at our resort.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss further or if you decide to come back in the future and I will do my best for you to spend a great vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
#62 of 112 in Punta Cana
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
VIK Hotel Cayena Beach
#81 of 112 in Punta Cana

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!