Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #74 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
Porto, Portugal
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I have traveled on vacation to Europe and other continents. The tendency is to realize the existence of a certain standard no matter what country you visit on a certain continent.

This hotel was a very pleasant place to be. The food is good, cleanliness is good within the European standards. The staff is very friendly and this is for me the most favorable point of this hotel. They do not bore you asking tips. They are just friendly by nature.

The food is varied, the rooms are fairly clean, the atmosphere is great and the animation is good.

This is therefore a good place to go on vacation.

The beach is not very good. The water is not too hot and there are many waves. This aspect is not what we see in the tourist brochures.

European Standards this would be a 3 Star Hotel, 4 Star max.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Filipe1986
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Hi Filipe1986,

First of all I have to thank you for your review. Overall I can definitely see you had a great holiday with us. I’m glad to see you enjoyed the variety of food, the atmosphere, the animation, and our friendly staff.

Please don’t hesitate to write me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you decide to come back in the future and I’ll do my best to make your stay as pleasant as the first one.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,059)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We are getting ready for our second trip to Punta Cana next month and we enjoyed our stay at Sirenis so much, we will be staying there again. We usually like to try new things, but we enjoyed our stay and the people so much we decided to go back. The rooms/grounds are very neat and well taken care of. The staff is very friendly and works hard, which shows. Cesar was our concierge and arranged our restaurant reservations and any questions we had. As RCI members, we had access to the VIP lounge and could make free calls home. We are excited and looking forward to our upcoming trip!! Don't let the negative reviews stop you from enjoying this wonderful resort.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Snaggle79
Hi Snaggle79,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort and happy we’ll see you again very soon. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com to let me know the exact dates of your next trip so I can ensure you and your family spend another memorable vacation.

Canovanas, null, United States
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Traveled to this hotel from July 26th to August 2nd, 2014. We were a family group of 14 and had 5 rooms, Arrived at the hotel after 6pm and upon check-in only three rooms were ready and the other 2 rooms had been given to some one else, we were finally given the other 2 rooms after 10pm and way across the hotel from where the other 3 rooms were. When we asked to be given room closer to the others we were simply told "NO". When I got to my room C008 the tv remote did not work and asked for another one, I am still waiting for it. The safety box was no included and a $50 Deposit + $2 per day fee was required. The box in my room did not have a cylinder and it's key did not appear at the front desk. First they sent a tech to check the safety box who said it could not be fixed at at the end F/D just said: "I can't help you there". after spending the night and next day at front desk we were finally changed rooms the the side were our other 3 rooms were located and this after 4pm next day. Bathroom shower heads were filthy with rust and mildew from ages, pool water were clean one day out of a whole week stay, the rest of the days the water was GREEN, Green!!! stripped wires coming out of light pockets just floating on the pool.

Front Desk staff was very friendly except for Apolinar who is a total wreck and always had an excuse, at the buffet rest. Domingo was an excellent host-server he always had our table ready for 14 at 7pm sharp and at the pool bars the bartenders were fast and friendly.

Nights are HOT-AS-HELL at this location I can swear they even turn off the room's A/C at some time during the night/dawn. The entertainment at nights were good, some comedy and dances. best show was the M.Jackson show and the international show but the theater has a column right in the center of the stage that really blocks the view.

Ala Cart Rest.'s were Ok, the Mexican and Seafood were the best IMO

Water Park is a blast all though the slide known as "El tazon" can really but a hurt on you if your not careful.

In the end I would not stay at this hotel even if they pay me.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Pablo P
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Hi Pablo P,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services. I’m glad to hear you liked the water park, the Seafood and Mexican restaurants, the entertainment, especially the Michael Jackson and International Shows.

I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to contact me personally or discuss in more details. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Just arrive yesterday from this hotel, It's my 7th time in Punta Cana and this is the worst hotel i' ve been, rooms are old and nasty, the bathroom is dirty with fungus, horrible!, the Pool was dirty and the water almost green these for me are the 2 most important things for a hotel to have a good experience, pool and the room and both was a disaster, the water park was good and the service of the employees was 5 star very gentle and servicial, very good animation team. If the rooms are refurbished and the pool has a better maintenance could be a better hotel.

Room Tip: I dont like it
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Cileomar
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Hi Cileomar,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services. I’m glad to hear you enjoyed the water park, the gentle and servicial employees, and the animation team.

I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to contact me personally. If you decide to come back to our resort, I will ensure we make your stay here at the Sirenis memorable.

Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Just finishing my stay a Sirenis Punta Cana. We stayed here last year and had some reservations about coming back. Sirenis is a friendly place where you are treated well by the employees. Our main man Yunior De Faris took care of our every need. We traveled as RCI members. RCI members are treated like club members. The highlight was the Lobster dinner on the beach with a band. So romantic. Last year we had a problem with misquitos. This year they must had sprayed better. The air conditioning and the fridges in the room are both cooler. Bottled water is only issued in the rooms. The rest of the water served is filtered. The beach is beautiful, with plenty of sun everyday and beach chairs. The pool areas are clean and well maintained. The food at the buffet is fresh and hot. The buffet staff is always quick to set up a table for you when it is busy. This is not a 5 star resort. This is a quality 4 star with upgradeable amenities. If you are looking for an affordable vacation with good food and quality service you will find it here. The General Manager Luis Gonzalez spoke at the Lobster dinner, he was humble and sincere. He is trying to make Sirenis an upscale resort. For RCI members the quality and service you recieve for the price is a great value.

Room Tip: The cocotal rooms were a little nicer than the tropical side rooms. We passed on the Junior Suite an...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Hi Mike K,

Thank you for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will definitely pass on your good words to Luis, our General Manager, who works very hard to make this hotel as pleasant as possible for all our guests.

I will leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you ever want to come back to our resort. It will be a pleasure meeting you and ensuring you spend another great vacation with our Sirenis family!

newcastle upon tyne
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Perhaps we expected better than to arrive in a room that was a bit shabby, having left our cases in reception. An hour later and no cases. We rang up and were told that someone would ring us back, which didn't happen. We then walked up to the members lounge where the woman behind the desk just put her head in her hands! This happened on more than one occasion. We ended up being moved into a different room after again complaining to the woman with her head in her hands, about the fact that the shower had no hot water and leaked all over the floor.
Food was ok but the buffet was a bit hit and miss. The French restaurant is by far and large the best restaurant there, book early!
The Japanese restaurant is let down by the antics of the chefs who all have the same routine and try to encourage customer participation by singing ole ole etc. if you do go there, be prepared to have chicken or beef with your garlic and soy sauce as your meat is totally overpowered by these two ingredients.
The beach is pretty good and they work very hard to keep it clear of seaweed. We weren't bothered by beach vendors and didn't see them walk across the beach too often.
This hotel does not get it right in the customer service front and is nowhere near as good as it's sister hotel in Mexico which I rate highly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Geordie64,

Matthews, North Carolina
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I just got back home to the USA last night after spending a glorious week in Punta Cana, DR. My best friend of 30 years went for a week and stayed at Sirenis Cocotal.

Day 1: when we arrived at the airport, I forgot to bring my transportation voucher (remember to bring). We called the resort and spoke to Veronique who confirmed we had a reservation and got it all taken care of for us. Once we arrived, we were treated like royalty. I gave Veronique a big hug for getting us to the resort and I felt like I was meeting a friend of many years. That was how warm and friendly she was. We has the best concierge, Able. He provided us so much hospitality and took care of everything for us. Our room was spacious, clean, gorgeous view of the resort, could see the pool and the ocean. Able took care of our dinner reservations, excursions and,sure we had everything we needed.

The rest of our time there was unimaginable. A true tropical paradise. The grounds were immaculate, pool sparkled. tiki huts all over the beach, no problem finding sun or shade..Friendly and outgoing bartenders who could make just about any drink you could think of.plus their own concoctions.

Resort offered very clean and family oriented fun, Pool games, entertainment, and will help you with any excursions you want to take. We rode the Boogies and went horseback riding (had to get a massage afterwards).

The food was also very good too. I like to puck on my friend and call her a "food snob" because she is very picky about food and she even thought it was delicious.

We had wifi, they even provided a lounge to where we could call home for free. Computers and internet access, but who wants to be on line anyway when such beauty surrounds you.???

I will definitely go there again!!! When I left yesterday, I met Able and Veronique as strangers, became friends, left as family. Definitely feeling bittersweet today, although good to be home but sad to have left.

P.S. Please don't let negative thoughts sway you. Some people don't know how to be happy and content. They are the people who find fault in everything and joy in nothing. Sad!

CCasteel

Room Tip: I stayed in a suite over looking the resort, I wanted ocean view and had an option to move into the...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank ccasteel
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Hi ccasteel,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will give your great comments to Abel who will be happy to hear that.

It was a pleasure meeting you during your stay and for us, you are definitely part of our Sirenis family now. It will be a pleasure to welcome you back here anytime you want. Please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning you next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!