“Very good hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #71 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Madrid, Spain
“Very good hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent location, wonderful people, restaurants and bars well located.
The bathrooms are quite old and a bit smelly.
The only thing to improve the bathrooms.
Everything else is wonderful.
The food is delicious, wide choices, the rum is excellent, wide variety of pool and beach activities.

Room Tip: The rooms from Tropical Suites are better.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Anurici
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Hi Anurici,

Thank you for your great comments. I’m glad to hear you guys had a great vacation at our Resort. Our whole team is working very hard in insuring the quality of our services.

I invite you to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com when you are planning your next vacation to our resort so I can ensure you spend another memorable vacation.

Assistant Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Repentigny, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed here from July 26th-Aug 2nd 2014 and will not be returning to this chain of hotel. First of all this resort in NOT located in Punta cana. They say it is but its not. It is in Uvero Alto which is outside of punta cana so you are not getting the white sand and beautiful turquoise waters. The beach was nice but nothing compared to punta cana. The pools were disgusting! Green and full of bird fesses all the time. I never saw them clean the pools! We made a complaint and the following day it started getting a little better but nothing great for swimming. I don't know how people stayed in that pool. The food was ok... nothing spectacular but ok. We stayed in block J which was quite central to the beach and pools and lobby, however, the rooms are so outdated. We paid for a Superior Junior suit and well when I opened the door to the room I almost flipped... the smell was disgusting... not sure if it was mould, humidity or both but ouashhhhh. The kids enjoyed the water park. the shows at night are not great at all! They would burn some sort of garbage at night and therefore this horrible smell in the area that was just unbearable! We didn't have a problem with the towels in the room but our cousin did. They never had enough towels or never got them in time when it was time to shower. We found the staff friendly and never had a problem with them. the vendors were a little annoying but we just ignored them. if u take a walk down the beach you will see a Dominican Walmart whatever u do do not buy booze there we did and well all the seals on the bottles were re-glued. they filled them up with cheap rhum when we thought we were buying a good rhum. We made the best of it and had fun anyway but would not be returning to this chain of hotel. Sometimes it's worth paying a little more at least you know you get quality!

1 Thank sandra i
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi sandra i,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I’m sorry to hear the hotel didn’t meet your expectations during your trip. Your comments will definitely help us improve our services.

Regarding the pool, first of all we would like to apologize for this inconvenience; it is important to know that the color was not because it was dirty, but due to a shock treatment we do once a year to give it a deep cleaning, normally during July or August which are the months with highest heat and breeze. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused during those days but we can ensure that it was never unhealthy or dirty. Every month we pass all the quality and hygiene controls and inspections. We have external audits twice a month by Cristal (a certified international company), and also we have regular inspections from each Operator Tour on a monthly basis, which we all pass with positive results.

Regarding your other in satisfactions, you should have come to us during your trip to see what we could have done to make everything better. Our guest service department or anyone from the management team is always happy to help as it is important to us that our clients spend a great vacation.

Don’t hesitate to contact me personally at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you want to discuss any issues into more details. I would be more than happy to do so.

Bramley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Having had a lovely holiday at this hotel in December we have decided to return with our children for a summer holiday. Hope it's as good as last time. Lovely food, rooms and staff. The reception staff are particularly worthy of praise. They helped me with a difficult medical situation that could have ended our holiday. First class hotel. Cannot wait to return with the kids this coming week.
Steve Hardstone

Room Tip: Close to the pool and beach is good.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Steven H
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Hi Steven H,

Thank you for taking the time to put in your reviews. I’m happy to hear you loved our resort in December and glad you and your family have decided to come back.

We will be delighted to have you back with us and please don’t hesitate to contact me at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com if you need anything for this next stay and I will be more than happy to make sure you spend another unforgettable vacation.

Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

My family of 5, two adults and 3 kids, stayed here from August 2nd to August 8th. The grounds are kept very nice and clean. My kids enjoyed the waterpark and pool.

The room was very outdated. The bathroom had mildew and the mattresses in the room were very hard and the pillows were very flat. I woke up sore everyday. The night we arrived, I noticed we needed more towels. I called to request a couple of more. We did not receive them until the next morning. A few times a week, there are vendors on the grounds. Very pesky. I'm usually very down to earth but they really got on my nerves and I was eventually rude to them. But that did not stop them from bugging me. After having a couple of drinks at the beginning of the trip and I had horrible headaches. The liquor is very cheap. I drank water or soda the rest of the trip. The food had no flavor. A lot of pastas and rice's. I do not recommend this resort.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
2 Thank syl628
Aquagames, Assistant Manager at Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hi syl628,

Thank you very much to have taken the time to share your feedback with us. I will definitely take it for future improvements of our resort as we are constantly working on improving our services and amenities.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

being an rci member i would never return to this hotel as nowhere near the standards as we encountered in sister hotel in mexico.
upon arrival we were allocated room in tropical suites block t.
being a family of 4 we at least expected 2 beds but only got 1. the other was a battered old sofa that you would not let you pet sleep on.
fortunately we were moved to a much nicer room cocotal side the following day for the rest of our 2 week stay.
we thought we were being pampered by the room maids when 2 days before our departure we discovered that a pair of designer sunglasses were stolen from the room.
and to put the icing on the cake helped themselves to sweets that were in our fridge. beware.
the swimming pool was never cleaned for the whole of the 1st week of our stay & i happened to find a dead crab in the pool on the morning we were leaving.
the night we went to the italian rest we nothing got eaten so we ended up going to the buffet for a snack.
on the subject of the buffet restaurant windows need cleaning every so often & the floor should be cleaned every day. never once during my stay.
i could mention a lot more negative points but i will switch to a more positive point of view % give a special mention to carlos & elizabeth in rci members lounge very helpful & the landscape gardeners who work tirelessley all day long.
SORRY BUT WILL NEVER RETURN.

Location
2 Thank keno8839
Hi keno8839,

First of all thank you for taking the time to write your review. As per your feedback, it will help us improve the quality of the services we offer. I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. I’m glad to you enjoyed the services of Carlos and Elizabeth and the gardeners; I will definitely give them your comments.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to discuss your situation further at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future in order to ensure you spend a great trip at our resort.

Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just wow!

We have just returned from what can only be described as the most amazing holiday in a beautiful and fantastic hotel. I travelled with my 2 children and my mother as a treat for my daughters 18th birthday. On arrival we were greeted with fruit kebabs & champagne (a very lovely touch after a long 8 hour flight). The reception staff were quick and efficient and arranged for concierge to take out suitcases to our room. Warquidia and Miguel are absolutely lovely (and have a beautiful baby girl!). Very friendly and always make you feel special.
I asked for a birthday package and Abel arranged this with very little fuss – a lobster dinner, on the beach, with a cake which the staff paraded to her whilst they and the band played and sang happy birthday for her. Amazing memory.

The rooms are perfectly sized, 2 double beds, bathroom with large shower, fridge which is stocked with bottled water, coke, sprite, and fanta daily, coffee maker, tv and the absolute must...airconditioning! The maids clean every day and change the towels daily if you wish. Separate towels are available for the side of the pool/beach.
The grounds are stunning and the staff who maintain them are obviously passionate about their jobs ensuring every blade of grass is perfect!
Breakfast, lunch and dinner is available in buffet style restaurants. Staff bring you tea/coffee/water and the rest is up to you. We had the option to book into 2 restaurants per week. We only chose 3 (Mexican, steakhouse and Italian) and to be honest, even though the Italian was the only “real” restaurant, it wasn’t the best. The buffet style ensures that every conceivable taste is catered for.
The beach and sea are amazing. Plenty sunloungers and no need to fight over them! If you wade in towards one of the reefs, throw in bread, the fish will swim right up to you to feed – fantastic experience! Entertainment round the pool each afternoon ensured that there was always something to do – even if you dont want to participate, it was always fun watching the others.
The reception area has wifi which unfortunately is not free but is reasonably priced at US $50 per week.

What can I say about the bar staff? Absolutely amazing, friendly, accommodating and clearly love their job. Salsa and Jimmy were fabulous, first class service and an absolute pleasure to meet. Edwin, Wilson, Giovanny, Pascqual and Polaco too. They always made us feel welcome and I have no idea how they remember everyones name! When they found out it was my daughters 18th, not only did they present her with a decorated glass of champagne at midnight, but they all took the time to sing happy birthday for her and presented her with another birthday cake which they had even decorated with her name!

All the staff live on site which means that they are away from their familes for 2 weeks before having 3 days off to “go home”. This is obviously a mark of the love, passion and commitment they have for their jobs. I very much doubt we would choose to only spend 6 days a month with family in order to work!

The only negative, and certainly not to take anything away from the hotel, is that every few days, local traders pitch up their stalls along the main walkway from the rooms/beach to the reception area. Yes they have some very lovely products, but they are way too pushy and its difficult to get them to take no for an answer, often physically putting their products into your hands, putting necklaces on children etc. I found that just to say “hola” to them and then say no thank you and carry on walking did the trick but i know of others who felt obliged to buy from them.

Those who have posted negative comments about this hotel need a short sharp reality check (at the very least!). I have absolutely no clue where their negativity comes from – its an amazing hotel, fantastic caring staff in idyllic surroundings. Leaving was bittersweet – sad to be leaving such a wonderful place and people, but glad to be back home! We would definitely go back and would 100% recommend this hotel to anyone!

To the manager – your staff are very dedicated and loyal and I would like you to say “hola” to Warquidia and Miguel, Salsa, Jimmy and the other bar staff and Abel from Lisa, Danni, Tom & mamma from England!

Room Tip: We stayed in block I which was right in front of the pool and close to the beach etc. I personally w...
6 Thank dtmManchester
Hi dtmManchester,

Thank you for sharing your great reviews about our staff and your memorable vacation at our resort. We work so hard to make a memorable experience for our clients that it’s nice to hear that our team’s hard work pays off. I will definitely pass on your great comments to Warquidia, Miguel, Salsa, Jimmy, Edwin, Wilson, Giovanny, Pascual, Polaco and Abel.

I leave you my e-mail assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com for the next time you want to come back to our resort. It will be a pleasure meeting you and ensuring you spend another great vacation with our Sirenis family!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed from July 28 to August first 2014 and when reaching our room hall, there was no illumination in it. The a/c unit was a disaster and the room's maid and maintenance people another bunch of incompetent perssonel.
To conclude this Odyssey, on that Wednesday, after taking a shower I use this kind of towel that it felt as sandpaper it was very rough. The next day I told my girlfriend to check my back because of an itching that was increasing and spreading as the time went through.
To get straight to the point on August 2, I went to the E R at V A Hospital in Puerto Rico and they diagnosed me with scabies, probably transmitted from bedding clothe, towels, etc.

• Stayed July 2014
      Location
      Rooms
2 Thank Paludismo
Hi Paludismo,

First of all I have to thank you for taking the time to write your review and I’m sorry to hear you didn’t have such a good vacation staying with us. Your comments will be taken into consideration in order to improve the quality of our services.

Fisrt of all, have you talked to anyone from Guest Service or management while you were here? When we are informed of these situations we can do something about it and make your vacation better but if we don’t know it’s a little bit harder. It’s always a pleasure to help to make sure our guests are happy.

In regards to the rooms, we pass all the quality and hygiene controls and inspections. We have external audits twice a month by Cristal a recognized Dominican Republic company, and also we have regular inspections from each Operator Tour on a monthly basis, which we all pass with positive results. I can assure you we don’t have scabies in our resort. If you do research on scabies you will find the following: “Scabies is classified by the World Health Organization as a water-related disease.[3] The disease may be transmitted from objects, but is most often transmitted by direct skin-to-skin contact, with a higher risk with prolonged contact. Initial infections require four to six weeks to become symptomatic”… so you probably contracted it way before your trip here.

Please don’t hesitate to write me if you want to give me more details about your experience during your stay at assistantmngr.dr@sirenishotels.com or if you decide to come back in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
#80 of 110 in Punta Cana
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!