We were here from June 24 to July 2, 2013 and had a very enjoyable stay at this resort. It was our first time to the Dominican Republic so didn't know what to expect. We found the staff very friendly and the rooms comfortable. The beds and pillows are pretty hard and I usually sleep on a soft bed, but you get used to them easily enough.
The food isn't that great, but it isn't bad either. There is a large selection on the buffet. I don't recommend the specialty restaurants (except the Japanese). The upsides of them is the salad bars were excellent on the Mediterranean & Italian, but the food was not that great. Get reservations early for the Japanese to sit at the grills and it is a good show with the best food IMHO.
If you are going to dive, pick somewhere else... The diving doesn't compare to Belize or Cozumel - dead reefs and hardly any fish at all.
If you are going to lounge on the beach, this is your place, but get up early (I was up at 6am - but that was prob too early) to get a lounge in the shade or you will cook. Just take your towel out early and hold your spot. Also, take a 20oz insulated mug as the drinks get warm fast.
All in all, it was a very pleasant stay and I would return if I want planning to dive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, HotelsClick, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana