“Great Vacation!!!”

Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Ranked #18 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I had been planning this vacation for months, After searching for some information and reading a couple of reviews here, We opted to go there because of the many great things We found and read about this amazing place... We are really happy with our choice, loved the food, drinks and pool and bar, our room was amazing... We really need to highlight the outstanding service and help of Mr. Robert de Aza in "Relaciones Publicas" and the efficient cooperation of Evelin in the restaurants... High 5 for them. Wish to spend another great vacation there next year.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Wander R
ltajes, Resident Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino. You graciously and enthusiastically touched on so many details here. Our business is about thousands of interactions and details daily. We try so hard to get them all right. When we do, it's so nice to be so wonderfully recognized.

We hope you'll return soon and often. Your enthusiasm is contagious and it was wonderful to have had you here. Please let us know about your future booking, we will be more than pleased to assist you.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

we stayed here for 14 days, quite nice, clean rooms, good food, entertainment was also good, right on the beach, everything was excellent no complaints whatsoever.
Entertainment could have been abit better though

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CanadaBigB
ltajes, Resident Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Receive our gratitude for such valuable feedback. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us. We are glad to hear that all your expectations were met with our overall services. At Grand Palladium we managed to create memorable experiences.

We took a good note of your remarks related to our entertainment and I would like to take this opportunity to mention that indeed we have a great task ahead concerning the subject matter since we are in a continuous process of the improvement of the level of our product.

We hope to have the pleasure in hosting you again in the near future.

Our very best regards,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

We stayed here for 2 weeks as part of first choice holiday. The room was amazing in the palace complex. Huge bed, safe, bathroom, free mini bar bathtub in the room, TV and balcony.
So many restaurants to go to - we loved the Brazilian however rubbish service in the steakhouse. Food was good in all except little ill after Mexican night.
Swim pools had 4 to choose from all with bars in the pool.
Staff were good, entertainment staff good fun however restaurant staff weren't very happy except the odd couple.
Would advise going to this hotel to anyone as is very good.
Only advice to hotel is sort out the al a carte restaurants as was terrible service trying to get a table, the Brazilian had the right idea with the electronic coasters. Wasn't very obvious thr best was to get a table at the others and allowing the royal suites to book was making it more confusing for the 'normal' guests.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Southwestpt

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken some of your precious time to post your experience at our Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino.

Your feedback is of the greatest assistance to us since we are aware that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence. We assure you that your remarks has been addressed to the corresponding and it will be part of our daily work.

We hope that this does not deter you from coming back in the future.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This place has potential but is not well managed. I will give you the pros and cons

Pros
1. The common areas, pools, beach... are clean. Rooms for the most part are clean.
2. There are three hotels available to everyone and they are walking distance from one another.
3. Bartenders are friendly and attentive.
4. Spa services are good. I had several treatments with Yasmina and she is as good as any massage therapist I have had a five star resort.
5. They do try to correct problems if you have one.. but it takes too long,
6. We were on a 7 day package... airfare, meals, and accomodations were very reasonable.. $1300 per person.... with direct flights... but you do get what you pay for,

Cons and areas that need improvement

1 Front desk staff is very unfriendly... no smiles and do not make you feel welcomed when you arrive. The concierge,,, Francesco Publican... he is great and very customer friendly... but the only one I found at the front to be helpful and try to help.
2. Rooms are hit or miss. I had three rooms for my family. Two of the three were okay, The third one had a weird smell, lights didn't work, and was in poor condition. They hotel gave us a new room but we had to move ourselves. Also, the new room at a broken light in the bathroom. We have still here... we have been here 4 days and they keep telling us they will fix it but it is still not fixed.
3. Restaurants- a la carte... they have a very poor system to get into the a la carte restaurants. Only the Japanese requires reservations and they are impossible to get. Some guests have VIP status... they don't tell you that when you book. So they get first dibs at the reservations at the Japanese restaurant so it is always booked. Must be good.. To get into the other a la carte restaurants you have to be there and in line before 6 pm when they open otherwise you may not get in... Getting there by 6 doesn't necessary get you right in but you need to book a reservation the day you want to go directly at the restaurant and can only get it by standing in line. It is very difficult to get in to the Brazilian Restaurant, the Steakhouse, and the Italian Restaurant at the Punta Cana Resort and Palace. The restaurants at the Bavaro seem easier to get into.
4. Quality of food. marginal at best. it is an all inclusive.... but I have been to other all inclusives and I would say it is below average for an all inclusive. Maybe the food caters to Europeans but the meats are all well done and the beef if very tough. The buffets are not very good Breakfast is fine... you can get omelets, eggs, pancakes, crepes... made to order.... So I would say it is what you expect from a breakfast buffet. Buffet lunch and dinner are poor. Big selection but nothing appealing. I would say the two items that were not bad a lunch... was the Paella and at the snack bar... although well done... the hamburgers actually had some flavor. The Brazilian place... if you have been to one before... major let down. They hardly come around with the meat... the beef is poor quality... the best thing was the chicken. The Italian place,, the entrees were good, We went to the Asia place... food was luke warm and lacked flavor, They had Indian food what was bland... Chicken was overcooked.. The only thing that was good was the waiter was friendly. The place was not busy but the service was slow. So far... there has not been an a la carte place we would revisit,
5. Casino... I can not believe I am saying this,.... because I have always felt casinos have to much to lose but not playing fare.... but there is something not right here. I am black jack player. I play a basic strategy... by the book. You don't win a lot playing this way but you don't lose a lot it. I play for fun and the pass the time. There are only two dealers and I have caught them making mistakes and pulling cards the wrong way from the shue. I do not believe they are playing with standard decks of cards. The rules they play with are not the same rules we play with in the US. For example, they do not hit on soft 17. I know that dealers have hot streaks,.... but every night? Each of them? Something does not feel right. The slots are old and I believe are rigged. This is not because I lost money.... it is because I am comparing the odds to the machines and the odds are horribly in the house's favor,
6. Do not believe when they tell you .. 5 minutes... it could me hours. They have a train that goes around to take you from the Bavaro to the Palace ad vis versa... never shows up.... you could walk faster.
7. Shops... extremely expensive. I broke my flip flops... I had to pay $40 for flip flops that would have cost $15 -20 in the states.
8. Internet... service is poor and unreliable.
9. They cater better to the Spanish speaking clientele. Not American friendly. Maybe we expect to much.... or maybe it is because most of the staff doesn't speak English so things are lost in the translation.

All the problems they have are fixable.... but for now they need a lot of improvement. I will be here 3 more days... and can't wait to go home. Unfortunately I would not return here.

If

Room Tip: We were in the 87 building... good location to all the amenities at the Palace and the Punta Cana...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Sophia P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino.

We regret that we did not performing as our usual level of standard of services during you stay. Our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guests’ expectations; therefore we put our greatest interest into your opinion. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence. Rest assured that your remarks will be addressed to the corresponding, therefore action plans will be placed in motion aiming to improve our overall services and product.

We hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again in the future and thus be able to offer a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Usually I research a resort a little more thoroughly than I did for this trip. Unfortunately, we paid for the lack of research. I booked this trip somewhat last minute and briefly read a few reviews. As our trip got closer, I started to read more Trip advisor reviews and was getting a little scared about the resort. The last review that I read the day before our trip stated "Horrible". Well, it wasnt exactly horrible but it was barely an ok. Thank goodness the weather was good and the beach was beautiful- other than the fact that we were constantly harrassed with parasailing, snorkeling, banana boat rides, massages, souvenirs, cigars and cigarettes for sale.... Every day, all day long, the vendors, which were either employed by the hotel or received kickbacks approached us as we were enjoying the beautiful beach. It was extremely annoying. This happened every time we went to breakfast to eat at the buffet as well. We really never walked around the resort without being approached to buy something.
Most of the staff was friendly- if they spoke English you were lucky. I always tip when I stay at all-inclusives, it usually helps to get better service. Not at the breakfast buffet. I had to wait every morning for a table to be cleared and I was lucky if they ever brought the coffee that was requested each morning. The bartenders at the beach were much friendlier and helpful. Back to the buffet- It was not good. Luckily we only had to eat dinner there twice. Unfortunately, we had to eat breakfast and lunch there every day. The A la carte restaurants were actually very good- try to eat there every night if possible. There are at least 5 of them- all different types of food.
The room that we stayed in was the Deluxe Loft room. I didnt see anything deluxe or even nice about it. It was very dated and worn. The TVs were the big, old black box tvs and after being turned on for about 10 minutes., the screen would go totally red. The loft area had 2 double beds upstairs, but it was too hot to sleep up there. We called about the air conditioning issue at least 4 times, and then gave up and slept downstairs on the 2 rollaway beds. The pillows were awful. We left a note for housekeeping to bring a king sized mattress to lay on top of the 2 twin rollaways, but quickly changed our minds when we saw several of the king mattress in the building entrance with urine, blood and who knows what other kinds of stains. This Palace is a 2.5 star at the most. The other buildings on the Palladium property appeared to be nicer- at least from the outside, however if you stayed there, you would still have to eat at the same buffets. I have never written a negative review before. I have stayed at other Resorts such as Melia, Barcelo, Riu... and have never been this dissapointed. Spend a little extra and stay somewhere else!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank NFF112

Dear Guest,

Firstly, we would like to thank you for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Palace as well as for the time you took to post your review after having stayed with us.

We are most concerned for the fact that your stay was not up what you expected. The comments of our guests are of the utmost assistance for us since it enable us to detect rooms for improvements and can therefore take instant actions. Be assured that we will never cease in our effort to improve the level of our services and facilities.

Receive our sincerest apology and we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. We will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and enjoyable stay as possible.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Best experience of my life! Service was excellent everybody was kind and polite. The beach was beautiful and there were many shops on the beach to buy souvenirs. The pool was perfect the bar had great service and the POP workers were fun as well. Anel, the bartender was very fun and took care of me and my family very well. When we came Francisco greeted us and told us all the resort services, so we were not lost at all with what the hotel had to offer. Overall I know my family and I loved it here and did not want to leave!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank HernandezJ626C

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your preference in selecting Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa & Casino for your vacation. We also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and let aware future travelers to our destination about our excellent services.

Besides our guests, our personnel is one of our most important assets that never cease in its effort to go above and beyond in order to satisfy all our guests’ needs. I will personally ensure to transmit your compliments to Anel, Francisco and the rest of our team.

We look forward to have you back soon. Please let us know about your future booking, we will be delighted to assist you.

Regards,

Reviewed 13 August 2014

The hotel we stayed at was Palladium Palace. The whole territory includes 4 hotels: Palladium Palace, Palladium Bavaro, Palladium Punta Cana and Palladium private area (forgot the name), which was obviously the best!

We had an incident when we arrived and they said in Palladium Bavaro there are no rooms and they replaced us to Palladium Palace (the truth is - they do not have double rooms in Bavaro, only suits).

We stayed at Villa 96, which is quite close to the sea, dining places, bars and pools. The location was nice. The lobby in this hotel is average. A better one was in Palladium Bavaro, and the best one - in this private area. However, in Palladium Bavaro there are penthouses, which are really newly-built, modern and great!

Prepare that rooms in the hotel will be very hot and you need to leave the air conditioners on all the time.

I would not recommend going to restaurants the hotel offers. The food is one level better than in the buffet but you need to stay a long long line & men will not be let in if they are in short pants. ONLY long pants or at least jeans. We tried Steak House place & an administrator working there is SO RUDE! She probably thinks it is Manhattan..

The beach... the beach on that side is really great. But DO NOT go far (if you want to make a walk on the seaside) to the right side from the hotel. Because you will be stuck all over by Haitian people trying to sell you something or inviting to hotels trying to steal from you.

However, it worth to go on the right side to buy souvenirs, alcohol. cacao and so on from Russian stores, which are significantly cheaper than local and the staff does not throw itself on you begging to buy something unlike the locals.

I also would not recommend to go outside the hotel, especially later in the evening, it is dangerous. And believe me, the territory of the hotel is REALLY enough if you like long walks. Me for instance, i run, and the hotel's territory & the shore was enough for a 10 km run not to get bored. And to get from hotel to hotel you can use little trains which go there approx. every 15-20 min. and stop at main locations.

The only food place that is open 24 h is Sports Bar, which is on the territory of Palladium Bavaro i believe. But don't expect much than pizza, hot dogs & other fried stuff there.

My general opinion is good if to talk about the beach & the beauty of the nature & the coast. Service is very average, but it depends. Receptionists are good, but some waiters are REALLY slow. Sometimes it is faster to make a coffee yourself than waiting until they bring it.

Food quality in buffets is good but the food is not very diverse.

Every evening at 10pm you have a show, where you can enjoy really good performances of local actors. And cocktails there are better than in the lobby. Also, try Coco Loco Special, it is nice. One time a week, on Saturdays they serve fresh coco nuts filled with cocktail, worth to try. But try not to be late, they are gone quickly.

If you want everyone to hurry up (the stuff i mean) you can cheer them with $1 or $2, everyone will be moving faster around you :) But we did not do that on purpose.

Be ready for lots of mosquitoes biting you after around 3d day of your arrival, when your blood is warmed up! ;)

Room Tip: Select the private area (but no kids are accepted) or a penthouse in Palladium Bavaro.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Iuliia12345678
ltajes, Resident Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Dear Guest,

We hope that this does not deter you from coming back in the future.

Resident Manager