I find myself perplexed at any review on here that gives the Grand Palladium anything more than one star. I have travelled extensively and can honestly say I have never received such poor service! Esthetically the place is beautiful and our room was huge and updated ... That is the one and only thing I can say positive.
We were at the resort for 3 nights and felt like it was a month, not in a good way! From the second we got there we were treated like an inconvenience to staff. We waited 3 hours for our room in a resort that was probably at 20% capacity. Everything that we needed or requested took HOURS to receive, if we received it at all.
We were left feeling somewhat violated on several occasions including instances when our room door opened and a man just walked on in with no knock or any indication he was barging in. Sitting in the balcony gardeners wld Psssst past and give looks that left us, 2 girls traveling alone feel uncomfortable. Around the empty pool workers wld come and park themselves next to us looking us up and down then continue to do so while speaking Spanish to each other... Uncomfortable!
The resort as mentioned was empty so there were a lot of family passes the wknd we were there. Buggy carts, our only method of transportation to get anywhere, wld pick up the local visitors prior to us and we had to plan an average wait time of 40 minutes if we wanted to go anywhere. It was horrible horrible horrible!!! The resort was a total construction zone and we didn't feel safe walking alone!
I cld sit and write a novel of every single aspect that happened while in what we now refer to as hell. After 3 nights there we are both on day 10 of stomach issues .... So.Not.OK!
Bottom line is .... STAY AWAY from this disaster of a "resort". I can't say that loud enough .... DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND PALLADIUM. After several nice trips to the DR this place has made me adamantly say I will not be back any time soon! DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND PALLADIUM!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa