“Animators TOP”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Toronto, Canada
“Animators TOP”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Just got back from 12 days at this resort and still smiling... has to be the best!! Animators were the life of the vacation so much fun they were the top !! so hard working but yet so authentically sincere in making your vacation a great time ..so many memories so energetic.. gasoline & Duracell ... like they say .... very warm people no other words but what a treat to have a holiday in entire enjoyment because of them !1 Muchos gracias todos l'equipe de Grand Palladium Spa & Resort Punta Cana .. I don't have all the names but equipe de oct 2013 bravo!!! besos Punta Canada

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank PuntCanada
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Dear PuntCanada,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Thank you very much.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We have just returned from The Grand Palladium, we had a two week family holiday 3 couples 3 rooms. We left from Manchester Airport, Parking and the help we received from Thomsons was second to none. On our arrival, we were greeted with smiles and a friendliness that you can only receive in the Dominican, we were quickly booked in and we were upgraded to the Royal Suits !! This in itself was a gift, the room are stunning with every conceivable extra in them. Unfortunately for me I have trouble with stairs due to my current illness, without hesitation we were moved the next day to a swim up room, this was beyond our expectations, superb. The rooms have everything you need, smart up to date, beds to die for so comfy and with a butler to hand anything you required was not an issue. At this time there are major works being carried out, this did not affect our stay nor did it interfere with anything we wanted to do. The Swimming Pools at each of the hotels were excellent although the Palace Pool looks tired but Im sure it will be next on the list for renovation. Food again was plenty full the buffets had lots to choose from and having the foods from different countries each night made things interesting. The Alacarte restaurants were easy to book and we were not disappointed. I have one little moan in that department, but only to my tastes ! my meat I like well done and was a little rare for me. We all had a relaxing holiday, and we were not disappointed, in fact we have already booked for next year. The Management team and the staff again are second to none, this is our 3rd visit, and to have staff come up and smile and say My Friend its good to have you back means an awful lot in my book. Great atmosphere in all bars, beer plentyful and never ending !! The Dominican People really do know the meaning of taking care of you, and how to make your holiday very special.. Thanks to all at The Grand Palladium and Thomsons for making our holiday one to remember...See you in September 2014

Room Tip: Rooms in the Royal Suits are adult only and very relaxing and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank Rolly1963
Dear Rolly1963,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for us; thank you for choosing our Resort for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

We will be waiting for you next year.

Best Regards.
Aberystwyth, Wales
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked through Firstchoice/Thompson. The rooms were clean, staff friendly and it was the most relaxing holiday I have ever had. Our rep Sharron from Thomson was amazing. Was available to anwser all our questions and booking excursions was easy with her. The food was excellent and we will definatly be returning to the Grand Palladium. Just like to say a big thank you to all the staff at the palladium, they were all helpful. Please do not take notice of the negative reviews, I guess if you treat people as you would want to be treated you will get the same treatment.....Saw a few travellers been extremley rude to staff and treating them as if they were below them.... but the staff were polite back...more than what I would have been!!! All in all an excellent place with excellent staff!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Blodyn80
Dear Blodyn80,

From the staff of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We are proud that once again you chose our Resort, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Once again thank you very much,

Whitby, ON, CANADA
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I find myself perplexed at any review on here that gives the Grand Palladium anything more than one star. I have travelled extensively and can honestly say I have never received such poor service! Esthetically the place is beautiful and our room was huge and updated ... That is the one and only thing I can say positive.

We were at the resort for 3 nights and felt like it was a month, not in a good way! From the second we got there we were treated like an inconvenience to staff. We waited 3 hours for our room in a resort that was probably at 20% capacity. Everything that we needed or requested took HOURS to receive, if we received it at all.

We were left feeling somewhat violated on several occasions including instances when our room door opened and a man just walked on in with no knock or any indication he was barging in. Sitting in the balcony gardeners wld Psssst past and give looks that left us, 2 girls traveling alone feel uncomfortable. Around the empty pool workers wld come and park themselves next to us looking us up and down then continue to do so while speaking Spanish to each other... Uncomfortable!

The resort as mentioned was empty so there were a lot of family passes the wknd we were there. Buggy carts, our only method of transportation to get anywhere, wld pick up the local visitors prior to us and we had to plan an average wait time of 40 minutes if we wanted to go anywhere. It was horrible horrible horrible!!! The resort was a total construction zone and we didn't feel safe walking alone!

I cld sit and write a novel of every single aspect that happened while in what we now refer to as hell. After 3 nights there we are both on day 10 of stomach issues .... So.Not.OK!

Bottom line is .... STAY AWAY from this disaster of a "resort". I can't say that loud enough .... DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND PALLADIUM. After several nice trips to the DR this place has made me adamantly say I will not be back any time soon! DO NOT STAY AT THE GRAND PALLADIUM!

• Stayed September 2013
12 Thank Allaroundtheworld123
Dear Allaroundtheworld123 ,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We apologize for our services and that we do not full fill you expectations as well. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Thanks for highlighting these details; once again thank you very much;

Best Regards.
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Beautiful grounds, very good service!! Ants covered our sink each day and had a few days when power or air and water went off for a period of time. Did not like the policy of men wearing long pants to speciality restaurants when women had no dress code restrictions and wore anything. Otherwise a great vacation.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank TeamBabb
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
DearbTeamBabb,

We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had during your holidays, we are working to improve our services.

Once again thank you very much,

Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 14 September 2013

Food was Excellent.!!!!I My son is very picky eater but he loved the hot dogs and hamburgers. Beautiful resort but the smell of the mildew will remain on your clothes and luggage for quite awhile at least you can wash your clothes 5 times to get it out. I'm trying to say something positive first because our welcoming was so Absolutely Horrendous!!! It set the tone at first on our vaction.
Felipe ( the front desk clerk ) made it seem that we did not have a reservation which we paid over $3500 and I had all the computer print outs including the reservation code but he still made us very unwelcome when he all the right documents. My mind was racing, where can we get another hotel, we are in another in Country..what do we do?? was it because we didn't did not go through a tour guide? Not a great start to your vacation. Our first night the water was pouring through the ceiling in the bathroom, I was uncomfortable on saying something because of how we were treated when we arrived but we we had no choice and we had to change rooms. Then we had a very serious medical emergency. My husband was seen by the doctor on the resort who then called the ambulance. It was decided that we return back to the hotel and go home for surgery. I advised the hotel staff of this and I had no assistance. This happen Wednesay 8am and we were at the hospital all day( believe me a place you do want to be in Punta Cana), we arrived back at the hotel betweeen 8-9 pm. I needed their help to get husband up to our room and to go the Palace which was like pulling teeth, I needed to fax medical paper to our doctors. Are flight left Friday am so we only had Thursay to stay. I kept asking for help on Thursday but day staff ignored my request, but then night shift change then they offered room service to us and finally asked if there is any they can do to help you just ask, mind you this Thursday night, we leave Friday am, little too late.. but Big Thank You The Shift for stepping up :)
Basically, if something medically goes wrong be prepraid for no help. (except for Thursday night shift)

Room Tip: Food was Excellent.!!!!I My son is very picky eater but he loved the hot dogs and hamburgers. Beauti...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Jackie R
Dear Jackie R,

On behalf of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa we want to thank you for the dedicated time you spent to share your suggestions.

Politely we would like to apologize for the inconvenience and that we do not fulfill your expectations, we are working to improve our service.

One more time thank you very much,

Regards.
New York, United States
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This summer my kids had the best time. Between the 5 pools, the beautiful beach, and the junior club my teens always had something to do. The junior club is AMAZING for teens. They can just hang out and play ping-pong, billiards, video games, have beach parties, and other activities. The staff members are just so much fun and so sweet. My kids loved the staff members Rocky, victor, Felina, and Mayra who are just so much fun and so sweet. (There is another club for younger children called the kids club)
Overall, our trip to Punta Cana was so much fun for the whole family!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Zoey442013
Dear Zoey442013,

We are proud that once again you chose our Resort for you and your relatives, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Once again thank you very much, we look forward for your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Iberostar Dominicana Hotel

Been to Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!