I always say..."don't trust reviews.. BUT TRUST ...this review please!!!!!"
There is plenty I could say about this resort.. But I will try and make it short.
Our group of 16 was basically forced to this resort VIA SUNWING .. after we booked at the Grand Bahia Principe A year in advance ... we were informed sunwing had pulled themselves from the resort.. and sent us to the Grand Palladium.5 weeks before leaving to get married..- So that made me unhappy to begin with!
My husband and I got married at the Palladium on Oct 2nd 2013-
the best part of the trip... the wedding Coordinator-Carrolina was perfect. Made it quick and easy --very helpful. The day was perfect!
The photography on the other hand.. was difficult to deal with.. Basically if you didnt pay him what he wanted.. he didnt want to talk to you. So we had some free pictures from the resort switch... and my dad did the other photography!
Be aware if you have travellers .. going to your wedding but staying at different resort.. they have to pay for a day pass and you have to pay $20 per person for them to attend your wedding)
Check In:Well to start.. they tried to tell us on the bus no-one was booked at the punta cana we were all booked at the Palace. So they took us there-- unloaded us and had to reload us Because we were booked at the punta cana ( SUNWINGS FAULT) We had to wait 3-4 hours for a room.. when the resort was no where near full! (and they left our luggage in the lobby.. not locked up-- I had to ask to get my dress locked in a room.. when I came to get it.. the door wasn't even locked)
It is a massive construction zone-- everywhere.. (was NOT told this before having to come.. so that was a surprise..)
Room: We had the romantic Suite.. Very Nice.. has the hammock and outside private shower...(although they took the hammock for 3 out of the 7 days for "cleaning" .There were little ants on our counters..( not horrible but not nice..) .. our fridge did not work.. well it was on but warm.. the week we were there.. along with the "AC" it was constantly 26 degrees.. pretty warm!! ( others from the group..their rooms were 21)..
Maid service: was pretty poor. Some days our sons bed was not made.. the garbage were not empty. or no bag put back in..or not cleaned til after 4pm.
Buffet:. I did not like was the dinner time at the buffet.. it opened at 7pm.. and closed at 4pm for lunch... we have 3 year old son..that normally eats at 5... and when you eat lunch at 1230...and cant eat dinner until 7... is very difficult! Steak and Italian --we did try and they were very good!the food was okay.. there was a variety..satisfied not awesome!
Beach.. was BEAUTIFUL. cleaned everyday...absolutely awesome! only negative.--vendors walking around selling stuff to you.
Overall. The wedding was perfect..and that is all that matters to me.
Would I return? NO.
..if your booked..and can change...DO IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa