I've waited many months to write this review as I wanted to put this experience as far behind me as possible, talking or writing about it was just too frustrating. My husband and I stayed at the Grand Palladium for our Honeymoon. Not the Bavaro or the third tear hotel on this property, a The Grand Palladium.
They do not have our reservation which I confirmed days prior!
They cannot speak to our travel agent because their booking department is closed. We remain calm and after about two hours of unexplainable procrastination on their part they agree to give us a room for two days until the booking department opens on Monday.
The room they give us is absolutely horrendous. Mold. Old. Dirty. Outdated.
We complain but considering they don't even have our reservation nothing can be done.
Monday comes, they speak to the travel agent and we are now booked for the rest of the week. We spend hours in the lobby telling them that they must move our room as it is literally full of mold (I have pictures) and is simply too outdated, not our idea of a vacation at all. They show us another room. Exactly the same, minus the mold. After 3 hours on Monday of begging with the front desk people to help us (most spoke minimal English) we are finally directed to an office where we speak to a head manager fluent in English. At this point I am in tears as this is my honeymoon. The manager was very nice but basically said unless you are Weill to ay $30 extra per night we CANNOT upgrade your room. We are so upset at this point we agree. We are immediately put in a gorgeous newly revocation room. After all they caused us they could not have given us this upgrade? As we check out at a few later we see a sing on the desk regarding upgrade charges. Turns out it only costs $15 per night to upgrade to that room. (Again I have pics)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelbag, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa