“|Excellent Holiday” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“|Excellent Holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2014

I have never written a review before despite having travelled to many places around the world, but after reading all the negative reviews before I went I felt this time a review needed to be written. I travelled with my husband and two children 9 and 13 from England. The hotel is excellent we stayed in the punta cana hotel in block 2000 but were moved to the Bavaro due to maintenance work. We were happy with both rooms. The food is excellent we liked the steakhouse and Italian a la carte , but we mainly ate in the buffet's as their was plenty of choice. Not one of us was ill during the holiday. We had no problems with service at any of the restaurants or bars, apart from one night at the steakhouse where they seemed to have forgotten our order, but then we are on holiday and were in no particular rush. The grounds are stunning, we received maid service every day and out mini bar was stocked up everyday. Everywhere was clean and yes the pool may have a few cracked tiles here and their but who cares ! The beds we found very comfortable and could not fault the rooms at all. Only thing is not much for the kids at night, as mine did not want to go in the kids club. A few more pool tables or games would be my suggestion that the whole family can use. We loved the cocktail bar at night especially as it is air conditioned. There was always plenty of sunbeds by the beach or around the pool no matter what time of day, so those amongst you who insist of putting towels on the bed and then do not arrive until 4 hours later their is absolutely no need. We went on one trip which was the glass bottom boat ( through the hotel ) which really was a snorkelling trip, which unfortunately my son could not do, but despite this it was a fantastic trip for those like me that do not like diving. You got to see the coral reef and some beautiful fish without diving! This is the fifth time we have stayed in the punta cana resort and this is on par with the other hotel we really liked Melia Caribe tropical, but we would put this hotel at the top due to the price. Thank you to all the staff that made us feel welcome and for us having an absolutely fantastic time. For those who have not been please ignore the negative reviews unless you are really fussy and cannot wait 5 mins for anything.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
7 Thank Holiday166
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, allow me like to thank you for the time you took to post your review and share your experience with future travelers to our destination.

At Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa we strive to create unforgettable experiences and it is truly a pleasure for us to hear the descriptions of a real experience that all your expectations were surpassed.

Your observations are greatly appreciated and we hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you back in the near future.

W. Cervera.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (593)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Preston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the grand palladium punta Cana from 9th-23rd August as a party of 6.

Initial impressions were good, the rep did tell us that we had been upgraded to deluxe rooms, but they weren't the upgraded rooms. However the rooms were nice, clean comfortable. Maid service every day with change of bedding, towels and mini bar restocked every day. We had some issues with the key cards not working, but reception sorted these each time. We had them in the same pocket as our mobiles and these were deactivating them!

Pools were clean and there was always sunbeds. We did prefer the palace pool, but the Bavaro and punta Cana pools were great too. Just personal preference. Pool bar service was good, no long waits. And waiters did come round and bring us drinks.

Food was really good. We were advised by the rep to go to the a la carte restaurants either at 6pm or after 9.30pm which we did on the first night and we did get in the Brazilian straight away at 9.30. But after that we went down to the a la Cartes by 7.30 and we walked straight in every night. No huge queues. The steakhouse was busier, but we went down there earlier at 6.30 and again we were sat down by 7.30. We didn't mind waiting as there was a bar so we were happy to sit and drink.
All food was too notch, we had no problems with it. We has buffet twice, a la carte 12 times. Each of the party has their own favourite place, mine was the mare nostrum! Yummy.

The bars were great, hemmingways was a lovely bar to go to if you fancied a cocktail. We went to a couple of the shows in the theatre, the disco and the casino every night. Get the promotion vouchers if you can, will help you win some $!

We did loads of trips too.. But we walked down the beach past the palace and went to the locals. All trips were cheaper, barter with them! For example, the buggies were $90 for the 2 of us in the hotel, $65 with the locals for the same trip! The speedboats were $40 each instead of $65. They do the same trips but you save loads.

All in all it was a great holiday . Couldn't fault the hotel, the rep just gave us false info about the rooms
And the a la carte restaurants.

Everyone will moan about some things, like the size of the hotel, but we all enjoyed it and would all go there again!!

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Helspne
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire Team Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa would like to express my gratitude for having decided to express your comments to future visitors.

We are very pleased to know that you were satisfied with your stay and services provided by our staff sincerely deserve this for such frank and warm reviews, therefore they inspire us to continue working to improve each day our service and facilities.

We certainly will share your nice comments with our staff.

With great pleasure we will be glad to welcome you here again.

Kindest regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

This was our second time here and we loved it again! Everyone is so happy and friendly and puts you in such a good mood! Restaurant service was good, could be a bit better with bringing the food quicker but overall excellent service. Buffets are great, should open longer /earlier as there is a gap between meals and the snack bar a are not the greatest but are good for a quick snack. Hi

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
wcervera, Gerente at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for having chosen Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa as your preferred destination to spend your recent holiday.

I also like to extend our gratitude for sharing your experience on this trip and let aware future travelers about our excellent services.

Besides our guests, our personnel is one of our most important assets that never cease in its effort to go above and beyond in order to satisfy all our guests’ needs.

It is truly a pleasure for us to confirm that you enjoyed your stay with us and we have succeed in all our efforts to fulfil your dreams.

Hope to be your home for a next visit to Punta Cana.

W. Cervera.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from a 10 day stay at Grand Palladium Punta Cana. We had a fantastic time and cannot wait to go back! The resort is a stunning oceanfront property. The water is beautiful, although there is some seaweed, however we noticed staff cleaning it up several times a day. The entertainment staff was great, ensuring that we had a great time and was even able to help us get fresh coconuts for coconut water. There are activities for everyone ranging from age 1-100. Live music almost every night in the lobby, as well as a disco. We really enjoyed the food by the pool such as paella and fajitas. The Italian restaurant was the best a la carte that the resort had to offer, and we also enjoyed the buffet as there was a lot of variety and a different theme each day. Our favorite night was Dominican night, of course! This is the third ocean hotel I have been to, and it's definitely my favorite! The staff was also very friendly like Roberto from customer services very funny and accommodating, from the housekeeping staff and waiters, to the concierge, it was top notch! We highly recommend this resort to our family and friends and can't wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ALFRED G
Dear guest,

We certainly will share your nice comments with our whole team.

With great pleasure we will be glad to welcome you here again.

Kindest regards,

Lawrenceburg, Indiana, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014 via mobile

We had a very poor experience at this resort. Last Year we stayed at the Rui Bavaro, I would highly recommend the Rui. This resort was very rude to the guest. We had issues twice with our electric going out, the door to our room broke, water was hard to get in your room (they didn't check it twice a day like we were told they did). The buffets were horrible and the specialty restaurants were mediocre at best. We had 40 people traveling in our group for a 5day/ 4 night stay and more then half the group ended up sick and missing some or most of the trip. When you did have an issue and asked for a manager you were actually told no, they would not get you one!!! The only people I could see being happy with the resort must have never traveled before out of the country or have very very low standards. GO ANY PLACE IN PUNTA CANA BUT HERE, DO YOURSELF A BIG FAVOR!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Karen H
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for selecting Grand Palladium Bávaro Suites Resort & Spa as the place to spend your recent holidays and by the time you have taken to let us know about your inquietudes. We attached great importance to your comments therefore they were taken with our maximum interest.

We are most disturbed to learn about your dissatisfaction with some of our services. Allow me to extend our most sincere apologies if we were not able to exceed your expectations. I regret not having had the opportunity to attend you personally during your stay; apart from my entire management team, I am always at the disposition of our guests whenever they required any specific assistance.

We confirmed that our hotel is a safe and disease free complex, otherwise the doctor’s office would receive dozens or hundreds of guests complaining gastrointestinal discomfort, and this is not the case. As you may know, certain risks are involved when travelling to the tropics, as there are various factors that may contribute to illness, such as climate changed, environments variations, travelling stress, combination of new foods and beverages, allergy to some native products, underlying diseases (diabetes, gastric ulcer, intestinal mal absorption syndromes, medications side effects, immunosuppressive states.), or the certain foods and drinks mixture, excessive sun exposure, that predispose individuals to react to gastrointestinal manifestations.

We respect your perceptions regarding our service or facilities however I am quite sure about the importance in the follow up to all of our guest’s opinions both inside and outside. We do lament not having been able to satisfy some of your desires despite we have several services and facilities which, we are normally praised for as a great percentage of our visitors honestly express.

If your vacation plans towards Punta Cana for a next visit, please let us know; we will be attentive to offer you a pleasant and uneventful stay.

Sudbury, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have a hard time writing bad things and tend to look on the bright side, but this hotel really upset me. It is very over priced for the bad service, not so good food, and really really uncomfortable beds. I have stayed in most of the hotels in Punta Cana and surrounding areas. I love the dominican and normally enjoy going to most of the hotels, but I can honestly say there are hotels with lower star ratings that I have enjoyed more. The room was a deluxe room and the beds hurt my back and neck. the staff was very rude to my boyfriend, but seemed to have no issue with me when I was alone and were more than willing to bring me drinks every few minutes when we were apart. the front desk was disorganized. food was not as expected. overall very sad to report negatively, but i will be avoiding this hotel in the future. Also please be careful on the stairs of the building as they are of different heights and can be very dangerous if you are not paying attention.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank 74Sofia
Dear Guest,

Thank you for write your comments after having stayed with us. The opinion of our customers is of the greatest assistance to us.

We truly lament that our gastronomy could not satisfy your palate. Please receive our apologies if our performances were not as the usual level of standard of services during your stay. Since our objective is not only to fulfill, but also surpass our guests’ expectations.

Therefore, we put our greatest interest into your opinion since we understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

We readdress our most sincere apologies for not having been able to surpass your expectations with our service or facilities. These inconveniences you have experienced do not represent over all of our service or facilities. I assure you correctives measurements have been set to keep on improving our level of service.

We will be attentive to ensure that your next stay will be as pleasant and enjoyable as possible.

london,england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014

Firstly, can I make it clear that I have no vested interest in the Grand Palladium Punta Cana and therefore am offering a completely unbiased review based upon my recent (1-16 August) holiday, staying at this resort.
I travelled with a party of 6 all adults ages from 18-51, all having experience of previous holidays (mainly all inclusive) so have plenty of experience to judge this resort by.
From start to finish I can honestly say we had an amazing time. The resort is large, and the grounds are immaculate, and are a credit to both the resort and gardening staff. There are paths that navigate you through the resort, It takes several days to accustom yourself to the layout but once done, there is loads to do and see.
The beach is wonderful, seaweed is present but due to a reef area just off shore this is inevitable, and really doesn't make any difference to the enjoyment spent here, it really is not an issue. A few extra sun shades would be useful as shade can be an issue and there are not enough to go around, this means you have to shade under the palm trees, which moves as the sun moves, meaning frequent moves, but a little exercise always helps..!!
The staff almost without exception, were friendly, cheerful and very helpful....In fact they were a major reason why the holiday was so enjoyable. They work very hard, for not much reward, and just a polite smile or greeting, always gets the same response back. The hotel is large and therefore gets busy, they only have one pair of hands ,so just relax and smile and you will be attended to, my glass/cup was very rarely empty for more than 30 secs...!!
The food is varied, and of a good quality. The buffet offers a good selection and always found plenty to eat. The restaurants do not offer reservations, but we visited them all (except Japanese as didn't get chance) the steakhouse twice, and had no problem getting a table at all....all were excellent and each member of our party had a different favourite so a must use during your visit.
The pools are all excellent, with swim up bars and again in lovely settings, a few tiles missing here and there but again no issue at all...
Rooms were absolutely fine, everything worked as it should, aircon was cold, bed comfortable, fridge refilled everyday as were the towels replaced, television worked mostly Spanish/American channels but enough channels to view on the odd occasion it was needed, shower/bath both great with no end of hot water. Chamber maids again do a great job.
Evening entertainment is very good for a holiday resort, lots of effort made, with varied shows and have seen a lot, lot worse in my time. a nice end to the evening.
Bars are everywhere and never had to wait long for a drink, loads of cocktails to try and all drinks were fine, again no complaints regarding choice/range.
No one was ill, no one had anything stolen, no member of staff was rude, everything worked as it should, which makes me think other comments made on here are either false or for a different hotel..!!!
All in All it was a great holiday in a lovely hotel with everything you need to make a all inclusive holiday what it should be. The First Choice reps at the resort are very approachable and helpful a credit to the company. Nothing is perfect in life but for the price paid, it was fantastic value for money, happy memories made and would recommend to anyone. I would certainly return if ever decided to holiday in the Dominican republic, which is a distinct possibility...!!!

Room Tip: stayed in villa 64 which was great....!!