“The Good & the Bad rated 3 star +”

Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #54 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Good: only 25 min ride from airport
check-in quick, no lines at 3pm
Vincente at VIP desk very friendly and helpful
the grounds are immaculate, workers always pruning/trimming bushes and trees
train to get around comes every 5-7 min at stops to pick you up but if you want to
walk everywhere the resort is not hilly it is flat and it is not super huge
found workers at buffet and restaurants friendly
can always find something to eat even if you are picky
beach/pool grill great grilled chicken,fries
main pool with plenty of huts to shade you, have to put towels out by 9am to get
one,\
beach beautiful, water warm, workers clean up seaweed daily
bartenders friendly, will serve you on beach
very relaxing atmosphere, except at main pool on Sat night(will explain later)
Lobster at the Fish Restaurant excellent,Mexican also very good
Danny the concierge very helpfull able to get you what you need quicker than
if you called yourself

The BAD: Rude women at front desk and in Cayenna Building who makes your restaurant
reservations
food not very hot, even if you are the first one there when buffet opens
Italian restaurant not good, buffet average, omelet station good
rooms average even VIP rooms
maids don't leave enough face cloths and only stock your fridge if you complain
it takes several requests to get what you need
nightly shows ok not the greatest
pools close at 7 pm which is way to early, not sure why, maybe because there are
no lifeguards or sunset is early 715pm
excursions pricey, no short trips, mostly all day ones
Sat night at main pool extremely loud with large amount of groups intoxicated
and acting out in the pool so you could not enjoy yourself,I was told that the
resort lets locals in on the weekends and they like to party
Wi-fi poor in lobby could not access at all

Overall I would say slightly above average resort, I would stay again for I was there just to relax and enjoy the weather. If your not too picky or if you don't expect too much the resort is fine, price is right

Room Tip: VIP extra fee will get you rooms closer to beach and pool and better liquor, 2201-2203 rooms in Cabr...
2  Thank Joanne R
PrincessHotelsRD, Director General at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Joan R,

In Princess Hotels , we have very clear that our customers are the most important as well as their comments. Therefore, we apologies for the situations you may have encountered during your stay; we can assure you that we will be giving the matters the proper attention and corrective measures are going to be taken with the executive involved. We can assure that there is mistaken impression in regards to our overall service and it is our sincere hope that those situations not be a motive to not stay with us in the future.

Yet again, we are honestly grateful for having received your feedback and we hope to receive you as a visitor at the Princess Hotels in the future.

There are newer reviews for Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

It says a lot when you visit a resort twice when there are so many others to choose from. My second visit here was nothing close to my first. I don't know what has happened since then but the service has become extremely rude, especially at the buffet. Who's ever idea it was to let locals on the resort for the weekend needs to be fired. They ran amuck the entire time stealing towels, chairs, harassing women left and right, and when we complained the only response we got was "that's not our problem." Well, now I can see why the resort seemed so empty and less active from the last time. The place is going down hill and at a very fast rate. I can assure you I will NEVER come back. The one positive thing I can say is the staff at the 24hour bar/snack bar was perfect, please give them my regards.

Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank puntacanasuperstar

Dear puntacanasipersytar,
t,
Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your stay at the Caribe Club Princess, your feedback it’s very important to us, all your comments are very important for us.

I’m very sorry that your second visit to the hotel wasn’t as good as your first experience, but I can assure you that we are always working to give our guests a satisfactory service, so please let us show you once again we can do a better job.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This Hotel is by far the worst 4+ stars resort ever.
Horrible rooms and restaurants
NO ICECREAMMMM !!!!!(only from 1-6pm in a single cafeteria)
overcrowded a mediocre buffet (a whole meal with no water in my cup and when I went to the bar to get some the bartender told me that someone would serve my table.... didn't happened)
I'm very flexible with food, but either there's to many people or to few trays on the buffet. the same dish repeated 4 times.
Rude Staff
Maids Stole my Shampoo bottle
Fresh pool towels only in at 9am morning (no exchanges after that)
Bar (nonexistent) only frozen fountain drinks
Dirty pools (that close at 7pm.... so no late pool and no lighting on the beach)
A very disappointing experience on my only vacation.
The hotel has a group of craftsman that sell their jewelry and creations on the hallways and path to the beach (AVOID AT ALL COST, because they are to aggressive)
In general extremely negative experience.

Room Tip: Don't go!
4  Thank Rebeca M
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Rebeca M,

We would like to thank you for choosing Caribe Club Princess for your vacation and also for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism will help us to move up standards, as well as review and to improve our services.

Concerning the shampoo bottle, we are truly sorry for this inconvenience. These kinds of actions are not accepted by our policies, this case will be retrieve to the housekeeping department to take serious decisions.

We are very sorry that we did not meet your expectations , we deeply regret the misperception you may have about us since it not our intention makes our guests feel uncomfortable when our top priority is their satisfaction, we hope that despite of this occurrence, you will consider visit us choosing us again when planning your future vacations.

Overall we are very sorry and want to thank you again for taking the time ti write to us about your experience in the hotel.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were a group of 10 persons, and our expectations were high since, everybody said that Dominicans are very friendly and the have best service ever... WRONG!!!! on this resort, even if you give them a tip they won't give you a good quality service, they're rude and they will roll over their eyes if you simply ask to refill your glass of water...
- Horrible room service, they emptied my friend's head and shoulders shampoo and put a similar liquid in the container, we didn't find out whether it was another shampoo or yogurt.
- No water pressure on the showers.
- The hairdryer from my room got burn the 1st time I tried to use it.
- If you're not american or European they won't exchange your pool towels. I tried 1 time, speaking Spanish, my husband a second time, no towels for any of us, then the 3rd time, they gave the towels to a friend of us that talked to the guy in English...
- The pool was closed at 7 pm sharp.
- My husband and his friends tried to enter into a volleyball game and they didn't let them because it was for French people ONLY.
Those are only a few things why we will never ever come back to that resort... And of course, we really doubt we'll come back to the Dominican republic. Even if you tip them, they won't appreciate it. So horrible resort and so horrible service.

3  Thank maryalp89

Dear Maryal89,

Receive my greetings from Caribe Club Princess.

We are deeply sorry for any unfortunate circumstance you may have experienced .as well as despite having made every effort to assist you for the maximum enjoyment of your holiday, we regret that our services did not meet your expectations. Please, accept our sincere apologies for the situations that affected you while vacationing with us.

We do not want to stay with the wrong image of the hotel. We invite you to return to visit us the next time you decide to return to the Dominican Republic

Reviewed 4 August 2014

the beach and the entertainment crew was the best thing this place has, plenty of chicki huts on the beach gotta get there by 8 a am to get one!...the pool was not bad the employees at the swim up bar were rude, and would ignore you unless you had a VIP band!...The room was average, eventhough we had a jr suite, the beds uncomfartable, the shower no pressure, bathroom dirty!.....the sercvie at the restaurants was not good with the exception of the Dominican Rest and the Brazilian one!. The italian one got all the orders mixed up and the food was horrible!!...ruined our anniversayr night.. Our friend got sick with diareah on the 5th day! lost the whole day in bed!. we spent two days with the same beach towels .none available ...Unexcusable!!!..i will not go back there again!...Dont be fooled this is not a four star anything

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Liz0715,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about you vacation at the Caribe Club Princess, your comments help us resolve all problems you have found in the hotel.

Unfortunately we did not meet your expectations in this time and we are very sorry for all this, our goal is to make the guests feel the most comfortable we can and our team is always working to give you an excellent service.

About the experience you had during your vacation we are working on all this problems, retrieving each one to the department in charge, we want to make it better so we invite you to come in your next vacation.

Sincerely

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Felt like I wasted my money paying for VIP. Room service was horrible- they didn't show up! It took four times of complaining on different occasions before getting to talk to a manager. A few good people there. A couple of the waiters in the buffet- Miguel and Rodriguez. Fun to be around and always happy. Other than that many people were very rude and un helpful. Very few spoke English so hard to communicate or even complain. Photo booth was great! A la carte-la cava was amazing!

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Jesiwatts,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to express your opinion about your stay here at Caribe Club Princess.

We would like to utter our deepest apologies for any inconvenience that you might have encountered during your holiday. We hope that you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway, in addition,we guarantee you that we will take your observations and suggestions into consideration with the main objective of accomplishing our goal of COMPLETE SATISFACTION.

However, we do appreciate your feedback and hope that you will not be deterred when choosing your next vacation here at Caribe Club Princess.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

First of all I am so happy I didn't believe the complaints some people made on this Hotel or else I wouldn't of went and I would of regretted it!!!......this Hotel made me feel good the people are nice the beach is wonderful and the food is great.... I have been to Mexico and Cuba and this was my first time in Punta Cana.....what a delight it was!!!........who cares the rooms are out dated as long as its clean and functional I don't go on vacation to buy the Hotels furniture I go to have a good time and that's exactly what this Hotels give you......there are luxury Hotels for people that want to sleep in luxury rooms and for those who want to have a great time at a good value price there is Caribe Club Princess which I recommend very much I was there from July 17th to July 27 10 days of pure bliss........the only thing I would Suggest is that they should change the mattresses for smoother ones because they can be hard on the back after 10 Days... but besides that don't think twice and go you wont regret it... if your not the kind of picky person looking for something bad to say when all is good not hesitate my husband and I had a blast and we were sad to leave.......But believe me we will be back!

Room Tip: Top floors are better and quiter you can sleep in without being disturbed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Monique B

Dear Monique B,

First of all, thank you for recommend the hotel, it let us know that you really enjoy your stay and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Caribe Club Princess and last but not least thank you again for trusting us..

We are always looking to make the guests comfortable, that’s why the comment you made about the mattresses will help us to improve our services.

We are very happy that you enjoy your vacations at the hotel, hope you come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
#85 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!