“Best vacation ever!”

GreenLeadersGold level
Missouri
“Best vacation ever!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was almost the perfect getaway. We were on the 3rd floor, room was clean, the beds were hard and a little lumpy, but room was kept clean and refrigerator stocked. The mixed drinks are very weak. The food is mostly bland, but their is a large variety to choose from. My main complaint is their process for the guest to make restaurant reservations. You have to call to make an appointment with the concierge to make a reservation between the hours of 8:30-3:00 and then meet them at one of the buildings to tell them which restaurant and what time. We were gone most of the day each day and by the time we got back it was too late to make reservations. The process is very inconvenient for the guest. It should be as simple as calling the restaurant from your room and making a reservation. It's also worth the $25 per night/per person fee to upgrade to VIP.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the 2nd floor. We had very hard rain several nights while their and we were on th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank 815Vicki
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear 815Vicki,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your impressions about your stay at Caribe Club Princess on Tripadvisor and we would like to thank you for write to us about your experience during your vacations.

We truly appreciate the compliments towards our hotel clean rooms, stocked refrigerator and the variety on the buffet.

We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you might have had during your stay regarding to the process for the guest to make restaurant reservations; we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in any way, and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement.

We hope that when returning to the Dominican Republic, you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again at our resort.

Caribe Club Princess Beach Resorts and

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Brooklyn
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The resort is beautiful! The buffet has a variety of food you could choose from. There are also several other restaurants nearby that you could go to that are located inside the hotel. (Mexican, Chinese, Brazilian, etc.) The beach is gorgeous and there are entertainers there everyday making sure the guests enjoy themselves. They teach you how to dance the merengue/bachata, teach Zumba classes, yoga, etc. Rosanny Gonzalez, one of the entertainers, does an excellent job. She's very sweet. Fantastic dancer! I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends/family!

• Stayed August 2014
5 Thank Kiki1232
Dear Kiki1232,

Thank you very much for having chosen the Caribe Club Princess for your vacations, we are very pleased to know that you will recommend our hotel to your friends and family, it fills us with joy.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your nice impressions about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

We also appreciate your mention of our buffet and specialty restaurants and wish to extend our gratitude for those comments dedicated towards our staff and especially to Rosanny Gonzalez, who’s part of our entertainer staff.

Thank you again for you compliments, hope you come back soon.
Regards,

Caribe Club Princess Beach Resorts and
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I absolutely love this place I first came here with my family in January of this year and right away from the second we got in your staff was very helpful my mother had lost her luggage at the airport so she was very upset when she got there but we told the front desk upon check in the story and just to make her stay more enjoyable they upgraded us to a family sweet so there were 4 of us in total and they upgraded two rooms to two family sweets for us so that was a nice way to start our vacation after learning mom has no luggage !! I don't remember the gentleman's name that helped us but he was a younger fellow and he was very fast and efficient any time we needed anything he was the man we would go talk to . Next is the food the service was great the servers found it among themselves to make sure they had our table ready for us every night at dinner time which was nice they got to know our names and our drinks so they could have them ready for us our server was Sandy and he made us feel at home :) but the food not so much great variety but some things just not right breakfast was my least enjoyable but other then that the big variety made it all ok . My most enjoyable place was the sunken pool bar I found that the drinks prepared there were the best and it was the most fun bar of all of them the bartender Josue is great he's always smiling laughing joking with all the people and that's what vacations all about having fun and he made our vacation fun we were at the sunken pool bar everyday he was definitely our favourite bartender :) !!! The rooms were beautiful and modern a few things could be updated but no biggy and the maids did terrific services always decorations on our beds and in our bathroom I would look forward to everyday to see what they came up with next great job :) ... So anyways I loved this place so much that I came back solo in march and surprised that everyone remembered me which made service all the much better and my vacation all the more enjoyable I am planning to come back again soon either this coming September or October so tell Sandy to have my table ready and Josue to have a stool saved for me with a shot a mamajauna !!! :)

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Yourangel25
Dear Yourangel,

We are very proud to here that you are coming for the third time! It will always be a pleasure to serve you.

Thank you for taking the time to write to us about your first and second experience at the Caribe Club Princess, this kind of comments make us feel very happy and make us keep working to improve all of our services.

We would like to extend our gratitude for the compliments towards our hotel front desk service and staff, and also for the food in the restaurant; it fills us with pride to receive such a good opinion from a former guest.

We would like to thank you for your special mention of Josue and Sandy, we truly appreciate them being a part of our team and we assure you that your praises will reach her.

Overall, we would just like to express a warm thank you for having taken the opportunity to describe your experience and we hope to expect you in the future again at the Caribe Club Princess.

Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

The outside of the hotel is great. The grounds are very tropical, clean and very close to the beach. The pools are great but are not kept as clean as they should be. Many people staying there should learn to have more respect for the pool areas and other guests. No eating in the pool means just that, and don't drop you empty drink cups to the bottom of the pool. It was very hard to get towels for the pool area and for the rooms. No swimming after 7PM?? The sun is still out until 9...no night swimming even though its 95 degrees out and your sweating so much you look like you just got caught in the rain. The food in the buffet needs to be updated although it was plentiful and the chefs were great. The snack bars leave a lot to be desired. Fries and over cooked hot dogs were not the best. Neither were the burgers. The restaurants were fantastic. Especially the Italian and the Mexican. Due to the language barrier between travelers and the staff it was very hard to order a drink when you don't know what to order. No drink menus. If you plan on going, learn Spanish. The rooms were clean but need to be updated and maintained better. Our room was nice but the shower door was broken. The room was recently renovated but they stopped at the shower. The tiles were old and some were broken. Yes, you get free Wi-Fi in the lobby area or can rent an extender and have it in your room, but what about those who do not have Wi-Fi capable devices. No hook ups anywhere. If your looking for a fantastic outstanding resort...this has the potential but is just not there yet. No real shopping areas except for the small stores on the grounds but the prices for stuff were out of this world. $3.00 for a bag of M&M's smaller than a business card...not going to buy that.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Keith179
Dear Keith179,

We appreciate the time you have taken to share this kind comment about our hotel. Thank you very much!

It is a pleasure for us to know that the services at the restaurants and the infrastructure were of your liking and thank you for your mention of two of our specialty restaurants.

We want to apologize for the inconveniences you have been trough during your stay, in reference to the pool we truly regret about the conditions you encountered, however this had been brought our attention, we guarantee that this is something we would have solved within moments.

We hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in any way, and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement.

Again thank you for your comments, we hope that you consider visit us once again in the future to see our improvements and commitment to excellence customer service.
Regards,

New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I stayed at this resort Saturday August 2nd- Wednesday August 6th, 2014. I am not a difficult person, and I don't ask for much. So take my review to heart when I say this place needs some MAJOR customer service etiquette.

This was my first time traveling out of the country, I was thrilled. I went on this vacation with my husband, mother in law, and sister in law.
Upon arriving they had messed up on our rooms and said they could not give my husband and I the king size bed that we booked online. Instead we ended up with a full size bed only. To me this was no big deal, I decided to just make the best of it. My mother in law, had booked for a room with 2 twin sized beds, and instead ended up with a king size, and like me, she decided to make the best of it as well.

When we arrived in our room I quickly realized there was no towels. I called down to the front desk and they said they would send someone right away. Well, I called 3 times after that (totaling 4 calls) and still, no towels were brought. Finally my husband had enough and wanted to shower, and went back to the lobby to speak to them directly and we were told we would have to wait until 9am when room service came to get bath towels. Well, she did come the following day around lunch time, took the tip I had left under my pillow for her BUT still NO bath towels ! I had to literally stalk down the cleaning ladies cart to beg her for a towel !..... and on our 3rd night there our maid put a baby crib in our room ! I had to call 3 times to have it removed.

If you are looking to get a blue towel for the beach, please note there is only one place to turn in towel cards to get towels, and if you are not there by 9-10am to grab a towel when they rate freshly stocked, you are not getting one. The gentleman that worked the beach towel hut was extremely rude, and was constantly chit chatting with his fellow workers and was clearly bothered when someone approached him looking to get a towel.

Now this is the most disturbing part of my review.
On the weekends, like many resorts, they open up the hotels and beach to their locals for a discounted price. With this you get many loud and rude locals that are there to party. (I am not saying all the locals are like this, every city/town/country has their share of low lives).

Saturday Night: a group of local men were out walking the resort at 4:30am shouting and chanting walking through all of the resort, clearly drunk, and learned the next day multiple people in various buildings placed complaints.
Sunday Night: I went to the swim up pool/bar with my mother in law. Noticing that most of the chairs were empty at this pool, which I thought was odd, (all the other pools were packed) I decided maybe Id be able to relax. I soon realized why. There was a HUGE group of locals in the pool bar. As I swam by one of the girls, she took her drink and threw it on my mother in laws back. The other woman then took her drink and threw it in my face. I was in complete shock. The 2 women that did this found it hilarious. I swam away to the other side of the bar to avoid confrontation and another local woman approached me and began pushing and shoving me off the stool because she said the seat belonged to her !!!!!! The 2 bartenders watched and didn't say a word ! My mother in law who is Puerto Rican and speaks spanish told the woman to back off, and we left. I was in complete shock. I have never in my life dealt with such rude behavior and the resort allows it !

Language barrier.....
All of my family speaks fluent spanish, and thank God that they do. Otherwise I'd have been very confused. The woman at the customer service desk only spoke Spanish, which is not a smart move on the hotels part being that she is the one that deals with all the complaints from English, French, Oriental and other frequented people.
Jerez, the man who checked us in, was nice, and I believe he spoke both Spanish and English, but he is only one person, and he only handles the check ins and check outs.

Food:
The buffet was GREAT. No seriously, they really do have a good selection of food. Even for the picky eaters, they have a large amount of fruits, and sandwich meats and pizza. Then every night on top of those things they have a theme. Dominican food, Italian, Oriental, Mexican.
At breakfast time you have your eggs custom made to your liking, or they offer fruits, pancakes, french toast, amongst many other things.
If you tire of the buffet they have a Brazilian, Dominican (El Pilon), and a Asian Restaurant you can make reservations at. (make reservations the day before !) My favorite was El Pilon, the food was superb. It also has a great AC so you can eat without getting super sticky.

Beware of the hustlers on the beach. They will try to sell you anything and everything. As soon as you hear someone say "Hola!" be prepared for the salesman approach. Try to keep in mind they are just trying to make a living, but sometimes even after you say "No thank you..." they will continue to follow you around. If you do purchase something from them, know they they mark up what they are selling from 50-75% ALWAYS talk them down. A Man tried to sell my husband a sculpture for $125, we left only paying $20, it was probably worth $10, but the man needs to feed his family too.

Excursions:
You can also bargain with them on the excursion prices. Do NOT book excursions through the hustlers on the beach ! They will give you the run around. Go directly to Seapro or Catamaran. I am glad I opted not to do the Buggie Adventure here though. A man who we spoke with said his wife and daughter were rushed to an ER because the brake lines snapped and they crashed into a tree. They have no seat belts in the buggy and do not offer training to drive the biggies before they send you out like most resorts do.
We did however enjoy the parasailing, absolutely breathtaking.
The party boat was also a good time.

Tipping:
I love to tip. I tip my maid, my waiter/waitresses, bartender, & my excursion hosts, but I found I was treated rudely first, and I had to tip in the beggining of each encounter if I wanted good service. Usually, you tip after you are served, or what not. Not here. Throw your money at them first if you want to be treated semi- human.

***All in all, I thought the beach was wonderful. The water was a bit rough because of the Tropical storm Bertha that had passed by the islands this past weekend, but we still enjoyed it.

***Wear loads of sunscreen, the sun there will melt the layers off of you.

***The pools were always clean with the exception of some people letting there plastic cups float in the water instead of throwing them in a garbage.

***The rooms need a good updating. The bed sheets smelled wet and moldy. Not a faint smell, it was more like a sweaty man from the gym was laying next to me in bed kind of smell.

***Go during the week to avoid obnoxious locals

***Night shows start too late. They say 9:30, but never start until 10pm or later, and last for over an hour and a half. By that time, I am dead tired to sit in the hard chair after being in the sun all day. Most people never stayed to the end.

I would travel back to Punta Cana, but never to this hotel again.
Never ever ever.

Room Tip: I had room 3033 (on ground level across from buffet/princess side). My Mother & sister in law ha...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jena845
Dear Jena845,

We deeply appreciate the opportunity you took to express your opinions about the experience you had while at the Caribe Club Princess and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement.

I would like to apologize for the situation that affected you while vacationing with us and we would like to extend you our most sincere apologies for not having met your expectations regarding our service level. We regret very much that you encountered inconveniences in your room with the bed size and the towels, please, allow us to emphasize that our rooms are subject to a very strict daily supervision and at the time something is not in good condition during the supervision of the room immediate actions are taken. Your observation has passed to the housekeeping department to take the appropriate measures in the future.

In regards to the locals, we wish to convey our sincere apology for this inconvenient encounter; we often try to control this situation and have all our guests abide by the rules to maintain the peace during their visit.

Concerning the lack of English from our staff, we should inform you that most of our employees have good knowledge of the language, especially to those in direct contact with our guests. We wish to extend our gratitude for the comment dedicated towards to Jerez, we assure you that your praises will reach his person.

We would like to extend our gratitude for the compliments towards the food in our restaurants, our food and beverage staff work hard to give our clients a high quality standards food.

We do not want to stay with the wrong image of the hotel. We invite you to return to visit us the next time you decide to return to the Dominican Republic.

Respectfully,

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Just got back from the Caribe Club Princess let me say before i book this i read all the reviews and i was very skeptical but i book any.when i arrive check in was fast no problem there,the trolley took to our area the resort's ground is beautiful but when i open the door i wanted to leave back out.The room are outdated,clean but outdated no hot water,few holes in the curtain bathroom needs make over the bed were nice and comfortable.only one face towel,now the food lunch and dinner were good many selections breakfast was terrible didn't get the chance to eat at any other restaurant.but overall this is a 3 star place will go back to Punta Cana but will stay at another resort

Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank RONNIE P
Dear Ronnie P,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about your stay at the Caribe Club Princess, we appreciated it.

We deeply regret that you couldn’t enjoy to the fullest and we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway; we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement.

Overall, we thank you for expressing your thoughts and await your next visit to Caribe Club Princess.

Canonsburg
Reviewed 6 August 2014

The Good: only 25 min ride from airport
check-in quick, no lines at 3pm
Vincente at VIP desk very friendly and helpful
the grounds are immaculate, workers always pruning/trimming bushes and trees
train to get around comes every 5-7 min at stops to pick you up but if you want to
walk everywhere the resort is not hilly it is flat and it is not super huge
found workers at buffet and restaurants friendly
can always find something to eat even if you are picky
beach/pool grill great grilled chicken,fries
main pool with plenty of huts to shade you, have to put towels out by 9am to get
one,\
beach beautiful, water warm, workers clean up seaweed daily
bartenders friendly, will serve you on beach
very relaxing atmosphere, except at main pool on Sat night(will explain later)
Lobster at the Fish Restaurant excellent,Mexican also very good
Danny the concierge very helpfull able to get you what you need quicker than
if you called yourself

The BAD: Rude women at front desk and in Cayenna Building who makes your restaurant
reservations
food not very hot, even if you are the first one there when buffet opens
Italian restaurant not good, buffet average, omelet station good
rooms average even VIP rooms
maids don't leave enough face cloths and only stock your fridge if you complain
it takes several requests to get what you need
nightly shows ok not the greatest
pools close at 7 pm which is way to early, not sure why, maybe because there are
no lifeguards or sunset is early 715pm
excursions pricey, no short trips, mostly all day ones
Sat night at main pool extremely loud with large amount of groups intoxicated
and acting out in the pool so you could not enjoy yourself,I was told that the
resort lets locals in on the weekends and they like to party
Wi-fi poor in lobby could not access at all

Overall I would say slightly above average resort, I would stay again for I was there just to relax and enjoy the weather. If your not too picky or if you don't expect too much the resort is fine, price is right

Room Tip: VIP extra fee will get you rooms closer to beach and pool and better liquor, 2201-2203 rooms in Cabr...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Joanne R
PrincessHotelsRD, Director General at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Joan R,

In Princess Hotels , we have very clear that our customers are the most important as well as their comments. Therefore, we apologies for the situations you may have encountered during your stay; we can assure you that we will be giving the matters the proper attention and corrective measures are going to be taken with the executive involved. We can assure that there is mistaken impression in regards to our overall service and it is our sincere hope that those situations not be a motive to not stay with us in the future.

Yet again, we are honestly grateful for having received your feedback and we hope to receive you as a visitor at the Princess Hotels in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!