Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$370
US$352
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$160
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$285
US$259
US$262
US$255
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$516
US$465
US$444
Bookit.com
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$292
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$398
US$346
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$263
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$328
US$279
Melia.com
6,329 results
All reviewstex mexmare nostrumfonduepc princessguest servicesbeach barvip packagebeach bedsanimation teambottle of rumhoneymoon suitea la carte restaurantstowel gamedifferent themeseafoodmain buffetnight life
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This was our second trip to this resort and was not disappointed with our return as we tend to try different places for vacations. We decided to go back before we knew they were going to be renovated and the new rooms were a pleasant surprise. We had contacted both Hector and Alberto requesting to stay in the same room as the first time because we loved it so much. The new rooms are great and we did not experience any of the issues that others reported with the shower flooding the bathroom area. We also felt there was plenty of privacy with the newly designed toilet area. We did not get to use the hot tub, though as there was a problem with the water supply to our tub, but it was not a huge deal I never really "missed" using it. They were very quick to respond when we mentioned there was no water and offered to change our room immediately. We declined as again we loved the position of our room and we were not there to stay in the room for the jacuzzi! LOL! The other concerns mentioned were the unsecured safe. Well. our safe was quite heavy and I can't imagine anyone walking away with it...We were there for 2 weeks and had many excursions, so we came with a few thousand in cash. Always kept in the safe without any worry. The beach remains gorgeous, ha ha! It was very wavy this time with more of an undertow though. We were never hassled at the beach or pool by vendors as others have mentioned. We possibly saw 4-5 people a day walking the beach, hair braid girl, sunglass guy, wooden carving guy and a tour rep. They usually just walked by stating their intent. Never went up to anyone in particular and a simple no sufficed. I never saw the vendors at the pool. leave their hut.Yes, on certain nights vendors set up in front of the buffet and you must walk by them, but again I never felt hassled and a smile and no thank you was sufficient. We went to all the ala cartes at PCP and at the sister resorts. We even visited La Cave and El Pescador and paid the upcharges. We liked them all except for El Pescador.I am very confused by peoples complaints about the food. I am very much a self-admitted food snob and I thought the food was great. The buffet had lots of choices ad we ate there every day for breakfast or lunch alternating between the main and beach one. The Beach BBQ was nice also.It was interesting that men are allowed to wear shorts at the ala cartes next door even though it is said pants only for men. Night time entertainment was fun, My only complaint is the amount of smoke in the main lobby. I found it very hard to stay there for any period of time. I am not a smoker and I know that unlike in the US, it is allowed. But, wow! It was a bit much. We smelled very badly from it afterwards and we were not able to stay and enjoy the entertainment for very long due to it. The beach bar was a great spot due to it being open air. The cushion covers are due to be replaced though as they are quite ripped up. What brings us back to this hotel and not others, is definitely the staff. They are warm, kind and will do anything to make you happy. This is why we will return again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank barb111
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for posting out your comments on TripAdvisor and giving such a nice feedback. We are really happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and are very much looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Thank you for your loyalty!

Warm regards from your Punta Cana Princess family!

Reviewed 1 December 2013

We've been to Punta Cana Princess Adults Only, 5 times and we're planning on going back in April. If you going on vacation to relax then this is the place. The staff at this resort treat everyone like family. Can't name anyone in particular they are all very good. That is the reason we keep going back. The only complaint I have is the house wine could be a lot better.

Room Tip: Building 4 and 5 are very close to the beach and pool. Very small resort not much walking to get anywhere.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank muskokatraveller25

Dear Guest,

We are most pleased to learn that you have had another great stay with us. Thank you for your loyalty. We are sharing your comments about the wine with the manager in charge.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon!

Warm regards from your Punta Cana Princess family!

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Awesome vacation. Vetry attentive. Alberto Gomez, assistant manger, was amazing went out of his way to make us feel wonderful. It made the trip a wonderful pleasure. The area was clean and food amazing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Abraham Z

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your recent stay at Punta Cana Princess. Guest satisfaction is our main goal and it is rewarding to learn that it has been achieved on this occasion.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

With Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We just returned from our long awaited and much anticipated one week vacation (11/16/13 - 11/23/13). The Punta Cana Princess is definitely NOT a resort I would have chosen however, my mother treated us to a family vacation for her 70th birthday and preferred an an adults only, all-inclusive resort. Apparently, the Princess was highly recommended by her travel agent and the price was more affordable than many others. Unfortunately, you get what you pay for :(

There were 6 of us in our party and as instructed by other reviewers, a few days before we left we asked our travel agent to requested building 4 or 5. I had requested a 3rd floor room but my mother needed a first floor room due to knee issues (and no elevators). As I feared, they ignored our requests and put all of us on the 2nd floor. Not wanting to be difficult, my mother climbed the stairs but quickly realized that attempting them every day would be too painful. We called the front desk but it quickly became apparently that nothing would be done unless I went to the front desk in person, a process that took well over an hour.

As previously reported by other reviews, it is extremely difficult to communicate with the staff unless you're fluent in Spanish. As a matter of fact, we noticed that as English speaking, American citizens, we were definitely the minority. All 3 of the Princess hotels that we had access to, as well as many other resorts along the beach, appeared to have primarily German, French and Russian tourists. Communication was definitely an issue and if it weren't for the fact that I had my husband and 4 other family members traveling with us, it would have been a miserable vacation. On the few occasions that we did ran into American couples, they seemed incredibly excited to speak with us.

As for the room arrangement, my mother was eventually relocated to a first floor room, but in a different building. We were told that they would try to move all of us to the same building but that never happened. We were also told that they would do something special for my mother's 70th birthday and for my husband and I as we were celebrating our anniversary, but that never happened either.

Rather than writing long paragraphs about all the things that went wrong, I'll summarize some travel tips for those that have already booked their trip:

1. The hot water DOES work but you have to turn the nozzle to the right, rather than the left. In most cases it was opposite what it showed on the nozzle. (ie. blue was hot and red was cold).

2. Don't bother filling the hot tub, it takes forever, never gets hot and the jets blow cold air.

3. To avoid flooding the bathroom, turn the water on and off while showering. For example, get wet, shut off water and lather, turn on water to rinse, shut off water to wash hair, etc. There is definitely a design flaw that prevents the water from draining fast enough to take a "normal" shower.

4. Make sure you get clean beach towels from housekeeping every day and if not, call and have them delivered because you'll need these to reserve lounge chairs. Be sure to wake up at 6:30 a.m. to place them on chairs because if you wait until after breakfast you'll never get a chair or a shaded hut.

5. The safe in the room is useless because it's not bolted down. Take it off the shelf and put it on the floor next to the ironing board so you'll have extra shelving for your clothes. Be sure to lock the safe so it appears that you're using it. Instead, find a creative hiding space. We put our money and passports in a ziplock bag and hid it underneath the hot tub by removing the wooden vent in front.

6. NEVER EVER pay what the vendors ask! Whatever they quote for a price, they will typically take 1/3 less. For example, if they want $45 for a beach bag, then it's really only worth $15. When they tell you $45 tell them no, it's too expensive. When you go to walk away, they'll offer $30. At that point you counter at $10. They will act all insulted and hurt but stand firm or walk away. They will eventually come down to $25 or $20 but tell them $15 is the highest you'll go. Once again, they will put on a big show but don't let them fool you! They want to rip you off and don't like it when you're hip to their game! Also, don't bother saying "$15 is all I have" because they'll offer to give you "credit" and say that you can come back tomorrow to pay. Trust me, they have this game down pat so you'd better be a fast learner! They will definitely exploit your kindness to their advantage if you don't stand firm. I got called cheap a few times but at least I didn't get ripped off!

7. If you're like me, you'll get fed up with all the vendor's harassment, especially at the resort where you have to walk past multiple tables on your way to dinner or the lobby. Don't worry about appearing rude - just say a firm NO and keep walking. Don't even bother looking at their table because the nicer you are, the harder they'll hound you!

8. The same goes for the excursions - NEVER PAY FULL PRICE! My husband wanted to go scuba diving and was quoted $175 for him (he's a certified diver) and $190 for my nephew (not certified). I negotiated at the Caribe and got the price down then went back to the Princess and ended up getting a price of $160 for each. I probably could have negotiated even cheaper but my husband doesn't like to barter.

9. If you do going diving, don't get suckered into bringing a family member along to snorkel. It's a really long ride (at least 2 hours each way, depending on traffic and how many stops they have to make to pick up at different hotels), the food is horrible, there are no bathrooms and no chairs. The beach at the hotel is much nicer and definitely more comfortable! If you do go, be sure to bring your bug spray, towel and definitely water shoes or you'll cut up your feet!

10. Definitely DON'T go on the dune buggy excursion - it's really just a shopping trip where you'll be relentlessly harassed. You never go more than 5-10 mph, always in a straight line on a bumpy dirt road and you never get to ride on the beach! The one time they do bring you to a beach, you have to stop and get out of the buggy so they can bring you to more vendors. It was a huge disappointment and total ripoff!

11. Even though there are numerous restaurants to choose from the food at the Princess and Caribe is just plain awful. Even my husband who thinks the Outback Steakhouse is "fine dining" didn't like much of anything! He's the type of guy that lives on meat and potatoes and even he had trouble finding anything he liked. Also, if you have any type of dietary restrictions such as gluten, dairy or sugar - good luck!! Oh, and don't even think about trying to be vegan or eating healthy because apparently, it's not safe to eat the raw vegetables and most of their cooked veggies are smothered in cheese.

12. The evening shows at the Caribe are excellent and so MUCH better then at the Princess. Take the free "train" at the lobby which runs about every 15 minutes. Try to get there early to get the best seats. Plus, the pre-show audience participation games were really funny. I do have to admit that the Animation Team at the Caribe were fabulous dancers - much better than any of the entertainers I've seen at other resorts.

13. If you feel the need to shop and want to attempt to get a bargain, either turn left at the beach and walk down until you get to the flea market or take the free train to the Casino and walk down the street to the shops. Again, be sure to barter or you'll get ripped off! For women looking to get their hair braided, they will say $2/braid but tell them that you were told $1/braid at your hotel and they'll give you that price. Just make sure to keep an eye on them while they're braiding or they'll make really small, skinny braids to get you to buy more!

14. Don't use credit cards if it can be avoided. Instead, bring cash, preferably $20 bills and under. To be safe, I kept about $50 in my wallet and the rest I wore in a money pouch around my waste, tucked below my shirt and into my shorts.

15. All drinks at the resort are included but you'll get cheap booze unless you ask for top shelf. They do have Absolute vodka but they won't offer it unless you request it.

16. Be sure to pack sun screen, aloe, pain meds and anti-diarrhea medication. I had a 20% coupon for Christmas Tree Shop and got everything I needed at a really great price. I checked prices at the hotel and they were 3-4 times what I paid.

17. Olympus Tours was great for transportation to and from airport and hotel. However, they will try to sell you excursions at a price higher than what's offered at the hotel. Again, shop around and barter!

18. Turn off your cell data and don't use your phone unless you purchase an international plan from your carrier. We checked with Verizon and it just wasn't worth it. The WiFi at the hotel was really slow and only worked in the lobby but it was better than nothing. Also, be careful of texting. Verizon quoted us $.50/text to send and $.05/text to receive. Be sure to tell your family and friends to only text if absolutely necessary. Instead, communicate for free through Facebook or better yet, download an app called Viber for free calls and texting anywhere in the world!

In summary, we would never go back again but if you've already committed and can't get your money back, hopefully these tips will help.

Room Tip: If you can do stairs, ask for the 3rd floor in building 4 or 5.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
15  Thank Monsheri
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating these unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Kind regards,

Community Manage

Reviewed 21 November 2013

The Punta Cana Princess is the perfect destination for those who don't want to use a GPS to find there room at the end of a day at the Beach. The most Beautiful Beach I have ever seen let me add!!! It is our first time to this area so these opinions are from a week Nov13/20th 2013 a HOT & Humid time of the year, with a good Breeze, and a fairly regular evening rain that may last 6 to 60 minutes depending on Mother Nature. The PC Princess is 271 Suites, and our room was outstanding and comfortable, shower, jacuzzi, flat screen TV, two levels, spot on clean and really everything you need. The resort is clean, the food was good at all the restaurants, the drinks could have been a touch better as we were not struck on the DR version of Rum. There was a bit of a Language issue at times, but the staff was very helpful, and accommodating.

There seems to be a thing with the vendors in DR and for us Canadians they were very aggressive, and in my opinion...way over the top and everyday?? We felt bad but after a period of time we had to stop being polite, we tried the smile and wave no thank you and were just met with more aggression. We eventually stopped walking the beach, or walked out of the way to avoid them. You know it is funny we would have loved to have looked at their table or in their store, but my husband had had enough of the badgering, plus they where too touchy, feely. Unforturnately this was also on the resort in the evenings.... we may have bought something to bring home but had already been completely turned off!

However.... this resort was definately the complete package and very positive!

A definate redo on our part in the future. Happy Trails!!

Room Tip: Its a pretty quiet place, but music duriing the day by the pool, and in the evening events are in the lobby area, except the beach party night. By 11 AM you could drop a pin pretty much!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
9  Thank Allie1608
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review and we are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay!!!
We hope to have you again as our guest soon!

Kind regards,