“We Will Be Back (Again)” 4 of 5 bubbles

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
North Carolina
“We Will Be Back (Again)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We visited the third time from 4/26 - 5/3. Once again, we confirmed the PCP to be our favorite all-inclusive. The main attraction to us is the smaller size, coupled with the staff, the adults-only policy, the appearance, the beach bar, the food, and the beach. It doesn't really make much difference what building you are in, as all are a short walk to the lobby & buffet and the pool & beach. We are yet to visit the restaurants or entertainment at the neighboring Caribe or Tropicale, as we usually eat at the buffet at the PCP and are back in the room before the shows start. The wait staff and the servers in the buffet are outstanding, although the only names we can recall are Juan, Reynardo, Jeorge (servers) and David at the pasta station. Kenia, who worked both the pool bar and the lobby bar was great. But also the others there, whose names we can't recall. We particularly enjoyed the convenience of the beach bar staffed by Luis Emanuel and another who was equally helpful and efficient. Erick, who did clean-up at the Mare Nostrum and beach was very personable and we enjoyed talking with him. Also Ada with the animation team, all of whom were very energetic and did a good job of offering activities.The only suggestion we could make to them would be to maybe turn down the public address system around the pool in the afternoon.

The only real complaint we would have is on-going from our first visit. One of our top priorities in selecting a resort is the availability of catamarans, as we enjoy sailing most every day. The boat (there was only one available this time) is provided not by Princess, but contracted to SeaPro, and has been in rough condition on each of our visits. They are apparently not maintained until something breaks.

Thanks once again to Hector for his help. ( If any managers read this, and if anyone turned in the pair of blue Crocs with the AU emblems that we left in the room, or the "Changes in Latitude" tumbler that was left on the edge of the pool, please email me through Trip Advisor and hold them until our next visit).

Room Tip: I doesn't make much difference which building you are in, as they are all convienient to the bea...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Hwy1SouthNC
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thanks for having chosen again Punta Cana Princess and for taken the time to write us on this page we are so lucky to have the opportunity to receive comments such a repeater guest, we really appreciate your positive feedback.

It is a pleasure to know that you could enjoy our facilities and services were of your liking. All our hard working staff does his best effort to offer our valued guests the most beautiful experience in our property We will be pass your nice comments to all our staff whom will be pleased to receive you comments.
We have sent you a private message to obtain more information regarding your missing stuff.

We sincerely hope to welcome you once you decide to return to the Dominican Republic to offer you the most memorable vacations.

General Manager Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (957)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

As a couple who generally vacations at Sandals and Secrets Resorts, my husband and I recently visited (June 5-10, 2014) Punta Cana Princess for a 5 night anniversary trip. We wanted to find somewhere to go that was new on a budget and decided on Punta Cana Princess.
First off, Dominican Republic is one of the best countries I have ever visited. I felt very safe there.
The Punta Cana Princess Resort is a budget friendly resort that shows it is budget friendly. We selected a honeymoon level room (highest level room) as we hoped that with that selection we would have the best, cleanest, nicest room in the resort. The room was well planned but not well executed. When we walked in the room, the first thing we noticed was that the room desperately needed a paint job! The second thing we noticed was that the TV didn't work and we had to call the front desk. The problem was promptly fixed. The furniture and walls were well worn and showed significant age. The bathroom was nice but had no door separating the bathroom and the main room.
The food was just okay. Again, my husband and I vacation usually at Sandals and Secrets resorts and are used to that level of culinary experience. This was the buffet, wrist band experience.
Due to our purchasing the honeymoon package we did get a dinner at one of the upcharge restaurants that was the best food we ate at the entire resort.
The last night we were there we were trying to go to bed and all of a sudden my husband said he felt something crawling on his arm. He turned on the light and to our shock and horror we found the floor behind and beside our bed to be infested with flying gnat type of bugs. There were hundreds of them! (Room 3222)

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Grace C
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Dear Grace C,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Punta Cana Princess at Tripadvisor.

We are very so sad to read that we couldn´t fill your expectations regarding our hotel. We always try to keep our quality service, in order to satisfy the needs and expectations of all our guests.

We take all guest feedback very seriously; therefore we appreciate all your comments and will ensure that those are worked on.

Thank you to give us your honest point of view about our hotel. On behalf of the entire Punta Cana Princess staff, please accept our apologies.

Cordially,

Rafael Telichowsli
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

First time for us at this hotel. Great grounds, small but well maintained. We were pleasantly surprised by the rooms - well decorated and comfortable. We asked to be on upper floors which didn't happen but at least we got rooms in the same building.
Downside of building 5 is that you can forget having an afternoon nap in your room. Whoever is on a PA system in the pool will keep you awake for hours.
Beach is nice and clean. They were also adding more of those little huts so you have more places with shade.
Food is better than most places but after a week we got tired of it. A la carte restaurants were nice but Swiss fondue place definitely needs better ventilation. Our eyes were watering from the smoke created by all the tables. Italian was another pleasant surprise. Good food and great laugh, especially when somebody in the kitchen took a slice out my pizza and tried to hide it by spacing all the remaining slices on the plate. Not really sure what to think of it but I guess you cannot expect much from the 'all inclusive'.
Beach bar staff was absent a lot. One time after waiting for over 15 minutes for somebody to show up I just got the drink myself. But all of those were just funny situations and didn't detract from the experience.
Overall - great vacation. Friendly staff, nice and clean accommodations, beach and grounds; and pretty good food/beverages. What else can one ask for?

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank TravelinFrog
Dear Guest,

We are glad that you spent your vacation on our Punta Cana Princess and that we were able to meet your expectations. It is a pleasure for us to know that you had a delightful stay here in our resort and that you completely enjoyed our services.

We are glad to hear that the service of our friendly staff , room, food was to your satisfaction and that you like our beach and the cleanliness of it. However you can be sure that we will take the issues mentioned above into great consideration with the aim of better service.

We would be glad to welcome you again when visiting the Dominican Republic next time.

Rafael Telichowsli
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Traveled to the PCP for 2 weeks May 9th - 23rd. 5 in our group all return guests, some more that others. A huge thanks to Hector once again for arranging our favorite rooms in building 5, gracias miaamigo.
The grounds, pool and beach are awesome as always. Food is plentiful and ranges from ok to great. Always lots of choices. No line ups to speak of at restaurants or bars. Plus no reservations required for the ala cartes is a bonus. The rooms are good, cleaned and well stocked everyday by our great housekeepers. No problems with hot water, towels etc.Mini bar stocked daily with water, beer and soft drinks. Mostly Europeans this trip but we met some fabulous people from Germany,
The best part of this resort is by far the staff. Everyone from front desk clerks to the staff who carries bags out when you leave go above and beyond to ensure you have a fabulous holiday. This is the reason I have returned 5 times. We were treated like famalia by the staff with hugs and kisses all around upon our return and most mornings at the breakfast buffet. It is a great feeling to be welcomed back so warmly.
I have to thank as many as I can remember, from Hector, Ramone and Alberto, Nelson at the pool bar, Kenia and the other young women who works at the pool bar in the afternoon, Nancy always great in the restaurants, our lovely maid Lacitia, Jose, Luis Emanuel, Oscar, Felix at the beach (the best).
The animaciaon team are a great bunch of hard working people who really made this trip special, muchas gracias Jose Alberto, Tonny, Beatrice, Adelina and the rest, you guys are the best!!! If I have left anyone out, and I know I did my apologies all the staff were great. This is why it gets a high rating on TA the staff!!!

I would highly recommend this hotel if you prefer smaller resorts, at only 250+ rooms it never seems busy and everything in close by, no trolley cars to get around. 5 minute walk to get from lobby to beach! The beachfront is awesome great for playing in the surf. No problems with the timeshare or vendors on property. A simple no gracias and a smile is all that is needed. I didn't even realize there was timeshare sales people on property until 3 or 4 days into my holiday. They were friendly even though I never listened to the sales pitch.
Overall we had a very relaxing and fun holiday and we will all be back soon.
Many thanks to the staff on the PCP.

Room Tip: buildings 4 & 5 are closest to the pool and beach but nothing is very far.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank James L
PrincessHotelsRD, Director General at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Mr. James L,

Thank you very much for taking part of your valuable time to post your wonderful comments regarding our hotel facilities and for highlighting all those people who always be willing to assist you every time you stay with us.

We appreciate your loyalty with Punta Cana Princess.

Warm regards,

Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Ok, that says it all, 7 times at one resort; are we crazy? We just love the familiarity, the food, the beach, the grounds, and most of all our Dominican family. A positive attitude and smiles will get you EVERYWHERE here. Go, mingle, dance, party and respect all the hard work that is done for you by beautiful people in a gorgeous setting. Going back in November!!

Room Tip: Take extra hangers, a small make up mirror (ladies), plenty of dollar bills ( to show your appreciat...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lenox05
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having chosen time Punta Cana Princess for the 07th time for your vacations in Punta Cana.Thanks so much for your loyalty.

We are glad that we were able to provide you a delightful stay every time you come to our property and that you enjoyed most our services and facilities. And most important, thank you for having us as your family.

It would be a pleasure for us to welcome you again during a future visit in the Dominican Republic.

General Manager Punta Cana Princess Resort & Spa
Maribor, Slovenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2014

I was in PC Princess in April, Beautifoul Hotel, goog food, very very friendly and helpfull staf,I was two times in neighbour hotel VIK Arena Blanca, but PC Princess wins, I like the coke, presidente, 7 up filed daily and also the coffee-that means a lot to me that I can drink coffee on my Balcony. I will not write much,you yust have to see it with your own eyes, but trust me it is worth every euro or usd,and even more, that is why I have booked another vacation and I will be back there in June.
I cant not wait :-)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Bašnec A
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear guest,

Thank your for informing of your recent visit.

We are so happy to hear you had a great time with us. Thank you for choosing Punta Cana princess as you vacation destination in the Dominican Republic, and for sharing the details of your wonderful experience.

It is very pleasant to know how much you enjoyed the different aspects of our resort, specially the exceptional services provided by our staff. We take pride in doing anything in our hands to satisfy our guests and make them feel as special as they are at all times.

We look forward to hosting you again in june.

Should there be anything else we could assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Always at your services,

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Chatham, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

My wife and our family are looking to return to this resort in a few weeks. Our children are adults now from various parts of the U.S. and we look forward to this reunion and celebrating our 38th anniversary on June 20th at the resort. I turned 60 last year and the resort was extremely gracious to our family in celebrating this event.
The room was great and the specific room request was honored. I was concerned because we came on a non weekend day and I felt the room would have been given away. Yes, they did honor the request which greatly amazed me.
Yes, there are a few issues with people reserving a "spot on the beach" but this occurs at just about all caribbean resorts. The hotel and staff do try and deal with the issue.
The food is very good, but please don't expect your favorite style of home cooking. The resort and staff do put their best foot forward and some of the specialty restaurants are very nice. That is the only reason I would give it a lower star.
The service is outstanding and the staff is dedicated and friendly as long as you are relaxed and respectful of how hard they work. A smile with a thank you will go a long way here. Tips are not expected but much appreciated.
We will let you know about our trip when we return!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Familytesch
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Please receive the warmest greetings from Punta Cana Princess. Thank you for choosing our resort for this past vacation and most importantly for writing such an outstanding remarkable comment which encourages us even more to continue providing our guests with excellent service.

It was such a pleasure to have served you and it is such an honor to know you already chose our property to celebrate your aniversary and birthdate with us.

We remain at your entire disposition for any assistance you might need before your visit.Warm regards,