“Very dissappointed”

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I chose this resort for our belated honeymoon based on the reviews on trip advisor. I have now been to 10 different islands. Many of them more than once. This resort was by far the most beautiful. Unfortunately it lacked the customer service as boasted about by many on here. I did see most people getting service. Just not us. We missed the first half of our holiday because of food poisening. (Its been a week now and im still not recovered and am still taking medication) when we were finally able to leave our room we watched as everyone around us got served drinks in the lobby and beach bar. We only got dirty looks from all 3 waitresses not even a hello or smile. By the end of the week I told my husband I was anxious to see if we would get served. We finally got asked if we would like a drink. Things were looking up. But after watching the waitress joking around with her coworkers for 20 minutes I finally got our drinks. She said she forgot. We never did get a drink served or asked again. The best customer service we got all week was from elmayo. A gardner who had my husbands coconut water waiting every morning. And of course dr. Guzman who treated our food poisening. These two gentlemen should show the wait staff how to provide customer service. Despite the beauty of this resort it is the people and service that create lasting memories. Unfortunately ours were not good. Tipping also doesnt work. We spent over 100 dollars in tips the first 48 hours and still didnt get the service. My husband was also born and raised on an island and lived there until two and a half years ago. He was appalled at the service provided. I definately would not recommend this resort nor would I return.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Butterflygirl2012
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Butterflygirl2012,

I would like to thank you for choosing Punta Cana Princess for your holidays and also for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to move up standards, as well as review and get better our services.

After reading your review, it is clear to me that your stay was not a normal representation of the majority of our guest and for that we are really sorry.

In regards to the hygiene, we inform you that we are constantly inspected by the company called E-Crystal, recognized worldwide, for quality and hygiene and have received many acknowledgments.

Nevertheless, we truly appreciate the moment you dedicated to write a description of your stay.

Best Regards from Punta Cana Princess,

Julio Paulino
Operation Manager
Punta Cana Princess all Suites Resorts and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (6,035)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

My husband and I came to Princess for our honeymoon from May 31-June 6. It was by far one of the best vacations I've had. And considering this was our first trip together, it was picture perfect. Perfect location for a honeymoon especially since it's adults only. It's a small resort so everything was at a walkable distance. We stayed in building 4 on the ground floor and it was the perfect location, right in front of the beach and next to the beach. The nightly entertainment shows were very entertaining and involved the audience. The people at this resort are very loving and friendly. The food is good too, a lot of variety at the buffet.The best food was at Mare Nostrum the beach hotel. We once went to the sister resort for Brazilian food, it was a different experience; it had just meat chicken and seafood. I would highly recommend this resort to my family and friends. Definitely looking forward to coming back in the near future

Room Tip: Building 4, ground floor
3  Thank Hamna4
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This review is to make everyone aware of the guys selling cigars on the beach. THEY ARE ALL FAKE stay away from them!!! Usually a chubbier fellow and a super skinny guy with a scar over his nose roam the beaches. The hotel security is in on the gig too, as they get paid at the end of the sale.No matter what the story is. Tell them you know it's fake, be educated before these guys approach you. I did my research and had them checked out by a real cigar shop! Do not get ripped off like I did. If I can save you the incovuence of getting ripped off I'll be happy. Cheers enjoy your trip

5  Thank cristianvee
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The resort is nice but not a lot of activities or restaurants on site. Only 3 speciality restaurants on site where reservations are not needed which is nice. Guys need long pants and shoes to enter the speciality restaurants. The food in these speciality restaurants is good but the buffet is not so good (cold or bad tasting). However, 4 out of 6 of us got travelers diarrhea. Have traveled at least dozen times to Mexico or Punta Cana and never had a problem until we ate/drink at this resort.

There are many pool chairs with nice huts at the beach and pool. Not much entertainment after dinner unless you go next door to the caribe princess.

We had a nice time but I think there are better choices.

Room Tip: Building 5 or 4 are closest to ocean and pool, but resort is small so any room is not too far away o...
1  Thank Dlut0331

Dear Dlut0331,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about the events you claimed to have transpired during your stay at Punta Cana Princess.

We deeply regret that you couldn’t enjoy to the fullest and we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway. Furthermore, after reading your review it is clear to me that your stay was not a typical representation of the majority of our guests, nevertheless we will revise your observations.

On the subject of the food, we are quite surprised, owing that we are normally complemented for having a variety of different dishes to satisfy any person’s appetite.

Once more, we truly appreciate the moment you dedicated to write a description of your stay and we hope to receive you as a visitor at the Punta Cana Princess in the future.

Julio Paulino
Operation Manager
Punta Cana Princess all Suites Resorts and Spa

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Rooms were comfortable and AC worked well. Only complaint was that the stones around the hotel were so hot you must wear shoes everywhere! The grounds are beautifully maintained w/ flowers bordering the paths so jumping on the grass when your feet are burning up are not an option-even neoprene booties will not protect you. wish they could even have a runner by the outside restaurants or a small section from the beach to the foot showers to ease the heat. also we were out every night to the disco and usually didn't return to the hotel until after 3am. ALL of the lights are turned off by 3:15am and boy is it dark. We ate at the 24hr restaurant one night by the beach and when we went to go back to our room I had to download a flashlight app to my phone in order to find our way back to our room. Even the footlights are turned off! some people stay up late and I have NEVER been to a hotel that turns off EVERY light on its property. The footlights at least need to be kept on.

And Punta Cana Princess I filled out your comment letter on the day we checked out (June 11) and requested an email response to my concerns and suggestions since I have been traveling to Punta Cana area for the past 6 years-still waiting!!!

Room Tip: We liked the rooms closest to the hotel lobby since that was the ONLY place to pick up WIFi.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This resort was amazing, we loved how quiet it was and not a long walk to the beach. You had access to the other sister resorts and the staff was very helpful/friendly. The room was renovated and beautiful. The only issue we had was with the hot water in the room, it never got hot and we reported it but no change. We felt it was just from the renovation happening and decide it wasn't that big deal. I will definitely be going back to this resort and highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank Cedric H
PrincessHotelsRD, Director General at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Cedric H,

First of all we thank you for choosing our hotel Punta Cana Princess for your holidays and for the time you took to share your review with the online community.

I will like to thank you for highlighting out the excellent service of our friendly staff and also for pointing out the beauty of our renovated room. We regret the about the situation you experienced with the lack of hot water.

We will be honored to welcome you back. Do not hesitate to contact us prior your next visit.

Warm regards,

Julio Paulino Escoboza
General Manager Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This resort has a friendly staff and is a very relaxing place to stay if relaxation is what your looking for, it's the perfect place to stay. It's small so everyone becomes like family.No disco clubs for hard partying but they will give you a ride to their sister resort which is also in walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank mistinee
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Mistinee,

We have read your review in the Trip Advisor and it is truly a pleasure for us to learn that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that you appreciated the friendliness of our staff; we are aware that it is only because of them that we are able to achieve our goal, the continuous improvement of our services.

We look forward to host you in our property in the near future.

Julio Paulino Escoboza