“Great Time”

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Great place, great people. it is a different county with different traditions catering to foreigners, with different expectation, from different countries. But overall, as others have mentioned, the place is well maintained with decent food and attentive staff. Raul, though a manager, goes out of the way to help guests. Emilio and other bartenders work long hours for 11 to 12 days before they get a few days off. Animation team, though not great compared to other locations, works hard to keep guests entertained. Access to two other resorts. Not sure what people are expecting. Go with an open mind, ignore minor issues (like getting bumped into other resorts) and enjoy. We like to go other destinations otherwise this will one to revisit again (an who knows).

Room Tip: You like day long noise, request bldgs 4 or 5. 1 is closest to everything and some rooms face pool...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Guru T
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Guru T,

We are truly thrilled to read about the GREAT TIME you had on your most recent stay here at Punta Cana Princess. We really appreciate the effort you took to post such a review about our resort.

It is always a joy to learn that we were able to fulfill our main principle, which is not only to satisfy but to surpass the expectations of our guests.

We would sincerely like to thank you for taking the opportunity to air your thoughts about our hotel and we will be more than happy to offer you a warm welcome on your next visit to Punta Cana Princess.

Cordially,

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (6,035)

Reviewed 15 August 2014 via mobile

Let's start with positives. The resort is beautiful. The food is phenomenal which is pretty good for an all inclusive resort. The restaurants are amazing and they will cater to your needs. The beach is absolutely amazing, the weather is perfect. The staff is very helpful and polite. This resort is quite and amazing for couples, we loved it.
OK now the negatives, when we arrived we had twin beds and that's not what we paid for. Our room was far away from everything and we had the VIP package. We had to wait a day to get the room we paid for. But when we did the room was amazing, besides the rash, which i will get to. As for the sales people, they did annoy me but they go away for hours at a time so I still enjoyed the beach very much. OK now for the big draw back.... my boyfriend had a horrible rash the third day we were there and when we returned home the doctor said it was scabies. We are still not sure if it was from the resort but he's never had anything of the sorts before. So my advice would be to maybe bring your own sheets or lysol. We read a few reviews about bed bugs at this resort so that's what he thought it was but scabies was so much worse for him, by the last day he wasn't very happy.
Over all the resort was nice but could maybe do things to make it more sanitary.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kac7788

Dear kac7788,

We would like to thank you for choosing Punta Cana Princess for your holidays and also for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

We deeply regret that you couldn’t enjoy to the fullest and we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway.

We would like to apologize for the vendors and their behaviour, please be assured that internally we will be taking the necessary measures in attempt to eliminate this issue.

On the subject of what you call scabies, we assured you that we do not have this type of situation in the property. In addition, talking about hygiene and cleanness of the hotel we are inspected monthly by an international company called E-CRISTAL.

All in all, thank you very much for your feedback and hope to host you again in the future at Punta Cana Princess.

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort and Spa

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Resort grounds and rooms are beautiful. The food/service excellent, excluding the Fondue restaurant. Raul,(food and beverage manager) concern about the taste and service. Polite staff, Entertainers (night and pool) needs work. Beach is wonderful.

Room Tip: Pool and beach view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DrPinder
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear DrPinder,

It is quiet lovely to read about the “Awesome Experience” you had while visiting our hotel Punta Cana Princess.

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the grounds, food, rooms, staff, as well as the service.

It gives us great pleasure to once again thank you for describing the time you spent here and we hope to expect you for a future visit to Punta Cana Princess.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

3 couples ages 22 - 28

First the setbacks. We arrived at the resort around 3:15pm (check-in is at 3) and only one of the three couples that went were able to get into their room. The other two where not ready. It took another hour to get into our room. We were told to leave our bags at the front of the resort and the bags would be in out room when the room was ready. My wife and I and the other couple that didn't get in their room until we did had to wait until almost 5pm to get out bags and that only happend because we went back to the lobby and complained.

Another draw back was the constant nagging from people wanting to sell you stuff and I'm not talking about just the beach. The people at the stand by the pool in front of the snack bar were just as annoying as the excursion people on the beach. I understand that they are trying to make a living but im there to relax and not to be nagged everytime I try to go eat.

Now time for the positives. The place was beautifull. The grounds crew there does an excellent job of making this place look amazing. It actually looked like the pictures online. Becasue of them you actually felt like you were in paradise.

The food and bars were also great. Top notch food and drinks that taste amazing. The restruant staff was friendly, the food was presented like a 5 star restruant would, and the taste was amazing. The bar tenders were fun to talk to and can make a great drink and if you asked for more alcohol in your drink you got it.

Since I spent most of my time either on the beach, by the bar, or in the pool I did not pay much attention to the animation team but what I did see of them they really knew of to get the people involved in whatever they were doing.

Even with the setbacks we would consider going back to this resort.

Room Tip: Building 4 has a great view of the pool.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoeJ0711

Dear JoeJ0711,

Thank you very much for your positive comments about the grounds, food, bars, as well as the staff.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the PCP for a week in July. We were in building 1. We did not have a view of the ocean or the pool but we were still happy with our room. It was clean. The only thing bad about the room is that it's hard to get wash cloths. I knew this before hand so I took our own in a zip lock bag. The food was good. The staff was friendly. The beach was AWESOME! The only complaint I have is an issue when we left. I will take 100% the blame but I feel the situation could have been handled a little differently. While in the lobby waiting on the shuttle to take us back to the airport my husband and I had our camera laying between us. When we left I thought he had it and he thought I had it. After we arrived to the airport we realized we had left our camera in the lobby. After we got back to the US I called PCP. I kept getting transferred to different people and was told to call back in 10 min. Once I called back they told me I had the wrong number and hung up on me. They could have kept the camera, I just wanted the memory card. Like I said, I take full blame for leaving my camera I just feel like they could have just kindly told me they had not had one turned in. Even though we had this issue we will return to this resort again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara E

Dear Tara E,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here at Punta Cana Princess.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel room, staff, food, as well as the beach.

We regret to hear the situation of the camera, the phone calls and the wash clothes. For that we are very sorry, as you know this is not the type of service we provide.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback, there is no doubt that you enjoyed your first stay and so we await your next here at Punta Cana Princess.

Cordially,

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Excellent service and the food was very good ! Entire staff is very nice and the animation is great!The beach is clean and the view is belle.C'est hotel very well and I recommend it.I had a great time with my boyfriend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Isabelle V,

We thank you kindly for having taken the opportunity to comment about your stay at our hotel Punta Cana Princess.

It is always pleasant to learn that our guests were able to enjoy their stay to the fullest while under our care and we are truly grateful to have received your good opinion about our hotel and the service we provide, taking into account that our main objective is to surpass your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and we will be more than happy to give you a warm welcome on your upcoming visit to Punta Cana Princess.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We were a group of 6 friends( aged 23 to 26) and we stayed at the PCP for 5 nights in July 2014. I must say we had a blast!!!! This was my first time and I totally enjoyed it. All inclusive resort, amazing service, food for everyone, friendly and great staff, night entertainment, spectacular beach side. The jacuzzi in the room was relaxing. Rooms were equipped with drinks, towels, slippers, beach bag, TV, water. We called for food at 3 am and had no problem. The resort shuttle took us to the other Princess Resort and the Disco. We used the pool and the food places at the Caribe Princess as well. However, PCP was just fantastic, relaxing and worth the money. I would definitely want to go back again!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
7  Thank Val07777
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear Valencia D,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here and to know that you had THE BEST TIME EVER at Punta Cana Princess.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel and staff, food, service as well as the rooms.

Best Regards,

Operation Manager
Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resorts and Spa.