“Great Vacation”

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 114 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Resort grounds are very nice and well maintained. All staff were friendly and accommodating. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Beds are very firm and pillows leave some to be desired, but overall nice room. Welcome fruit basket, rum, and cigars in all rooms. Beach was nice with plenty of beach chairs. Pool was very nice and very well maintained. Buffet/Beach grill food was good but not over the top. Was always able to find something good to eat. Beach/Pool/Lobby/Buffet bars were very good. Nightly entertainment wasn't great, but our group makes our own entertainment. Free WiFi in lobby. Paid $18 for WiFi which covered the entire campus. Good per device. We had our two phones and two laptops which we were presented with a timeout on day 3, however, they front desk quickly corrected the issue. Apparently there is a data limit or limit on the number of devices you can connect.

Room Tip: Building 5 is next to the pool and beach. Further to walk for buffet and restaurants, but the beach...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jimmy M
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear Jimmy M,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here at Punta Cana Princess.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel room, grounds, staff, food, pool, as well as the beach.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback, there is no doubt that you enjoyed your first stay and so we await your next here at Punta Cana Princess.

Cordially,

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort and Spa

Write a ReviewReviews (6,160)

Reviewed 31 August 2014

Upon arrival I was greeted by the friendly staff. When I checked in I was told that that the room I booked was not available and that they were putting me in a honeymoon suite for one night and moving me the next day. This was an inconvenience for me living out of my suitcase for the night and next day and packing everything up again to move the next day. When I asked to speak to a manager for the inconvenience, there was not one available. I was not compensated at all for the inconvenience after asking for a resort credit.

Room Tip: If you are going on a honeymoon here, don't. When they put me in the honeymoon suite, my first...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Angela G
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2014

Dear Angela G,

We would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

Thank you very much for your positive comment about our staff, we very much appreciate them.

On the other hand, I deeply regret to read that when you ask for manager they told you that no one was available, when our management team and myself are here 24/7 for our clients. I assured you that I will find this out, in order to take the necessary measure.

We hope this inconvenience do not deter you in selecting Punta Cana Princess in the future.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Punta Cana Princess. I felt that I got more than my money's worth.

Pros:
- very good service
- modern, clean room
- well kept grounds
- decent food
- good wifi in room
- nice and quiet
- access to other Princess resorts which have a disco and casino
- tv with multiple english channels

Cons:
- small beachfront.
- charge for internet in room, an annoyance
- not easy to print boarding passes
- drinks and snacks in the room were meager.

All in all, I enjoyed the Punta Cana Princess and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hmflyer

Dear hmflyer,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here.

We are deeply honoured by your positives comments towards our hotel, room, grounds, food, as well as the quietness of the resort.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here from July 14-19 2014. This was supposed to be my 50th birthday present. What a dump! I was promised 3 cigars per day, robes and slippers and a premium liquor package we had paid extra for. Yeah right, how bout 1 days worth of cigars, robes were in our room when we checked in and gone 5 minutes later when we walked out to check out the pool. Never got them back until 3 days later. One of my cigars I received was half smoked, really? Premium liquor? only in the lobby, pool bar, beach bar, and 24hr beach bar always seemed to not have any on hand and could not get any when requested. I would highly recommend some place else to stay. I also did not appreciate the local who is aloud to set up a booth next to pool and by the restrooms and beach entrance. What a pain in the #@ he is! Hassles' you every time you walk by. Checked web site about restaurants dress code. They said Bermuda Shorts and sleeved shirt. BULL!! Men must wear long pants. I can walk in any restaurant in Florida in shorts anytime with a much better atmosphere than what they have. My opinion; DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME OR HARD EARNED MONEY ON A DUMP LIKE THIS PLACE!!!

Room Tip: go some place else!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank tambob114
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear tambob114,

We would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about the events you claimed to have transpired during your stay at Punta Cana Princess.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced while under our care. I hope that you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway and after reading your review it is clear to me that your stay was not a usual representation of the majority of our guests, nevertheless I will revise your observations and take any necessary action.

All in all, we appreciate the time you dedicated to expressing your opinions and we hope that give us a second chance in order to provide you with the service you deserve.

Reviewed 27 August 2014

Stay at the PC princess all suites from aug 20 and got back today the 27th. Figured I needed to get my thoughts down before I forget anything. My bf and I work 50 hours a week so we really look forward to our vacation time.
We were very pleased with our stay here! Great for couples and honey mooners, it is adults only which gives it a more mature ambience.
The buffet by the beach and the main one are good and you do not require reservations for the ala carte restaurants on the resort but they are not spectacular minus the fondue restaurant which was unique and pretty good. The drinks and all the staff are very pleasant. Especially Jose the bartender at the beach bar and sometimes the lobby as well as Ruth the guest services lady. The nightly entertainment was enjoyable as was the disco which is located at the caribe princess. There is a shuttle that takes you around whenever you choose as you do have all access when you stay here.
Only negative comment would be the sales people at the little shops by the pool were severely pushy and annoying, there was also one evening when there were several vendors on site and trust me they don't take no for an answer! Super annoying.
Aside from that we booked a couple of excursions as well that were amazing! I would recommend the private sailing adventure and the city adventure!
All in all we will return happily!
For general info sake travel with only american, you can get pesos but it's almost pointless because everywhere you go they give you prices in $US and should you get pesos you pay more to exchange them back. There is an ATM on site however.
Cheers!!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank TrishRa13

Dear TrishRa13,

It is a pleasure to read about the great experience you had with us at Punta Cana Princess.

We appreciate the fact that you thought the food was great, entertainment and that our staffs were very nice, particularly Jose and Ruth, we are really proud of them being part of our team; we hope to continue to provide such satisfying service to all guests.

We would like to apologize for the vendors and their behaviour, please be assured that internally we will be taking the necessary measures in attempt to eliminate this issue while in the meantime, passing on your comments to their main office to avoid any future inconveniences.

Once again, we thank you for your compliments on our hotel and we hope to expect you in the near future at Punta Cana Princess.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

First, I would like to thank the hotel staff, particularly, Kenia, Yosaira, Emilio, Nelson, Jose and Anibal for their attention to my every whim! They really made me feel very welcome from arrival to departure. It was pleasant to receive a refreshing mimosa at check-in and to find that my room was ready upon arrival. The access to the sister resorts, hotel amenities and parting gifts (Dominican rum, Homemade Dominican cigars, logo beach bag and fruit basket) was wonderful to receive. It added a welcoming touch that made me smile! The hotel staff and management team really go above and beyond to make certain that every guest feels at home at Punta Cana Princess! The animation team were awesome; they were very entertaining, creative and talented! My room was perfect in size and layout, modern and central to everything; it was a short walk to the restaurants, hotel shops, pool/bar and main lobby area. The hotel grounds were kept impeccably! The pool was clean and the beach area was absolutely beautiful. I found my favorite place to hang out and chill was the Mare Nostrum beach bar. The variety of food in the buffet was great; the presentation and freshness of the food was very good. My favorite meal was the seafood dinner; it was tasty and very fresh! I also enjoyed the food at the Italian restaurant too. My only criticisim is that the complimentary wifi in the lobby was poor, but I am sure that was due to an overhaul of guests attempting to connect simultaneously. I would suggest that the hotel entertain the idea of offering free room wifi access to guests! I used We used CheapTickets and the transfers from the airport were inexpensive, efficient and check-in was uneventful! I'd recommend Punta Cana Princess to anyone looking for a nice, relaxing stay in Punta Cana!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are the best!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Marysol L

Dear Marysol L,

We would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about your stay here at Punta Cana Princess, It is also lovely to hear that you were able to enjoy the time you spent here with us.

We truly appreciate the compliments towards our hotel, food, beach, entertainment and the staff, especially those dedicated to Kenia, Yosaira, Emilio, Nelson, Jose and Anibal. We assured you that your good wishes will reach their person; it is always a joy to learn that we were able to fulfill our main principle, which is not only to satisfy but to surpass the expectations of our guests.

On the whole, we would just like to express our gratitude for the feedback and we hope to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

One of my BEST vacations ever! EXCELLENT customer service and care, AMAZING, facilities, DELICIOUS food, FANTASTIC fun, SUPERB entertainment! Perfect layout, not too crowded or loud, beautiful experience all around, even with two rainy days! Special Employee Shout-out to my new Dominican family-friends who went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed a MARVELOUS stay: Reynaldo, Josaira, Kenia, Berlin, Juan, Adrian, Ara and my lovely housekeeping ladies for Building 5.

Hope to see you next year!
Jocelyn "Joselin" Basley

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Jocelyn B

Dear Jocelyn B,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here and to know that you describe our hotel Punta Cana Princess with the following words “the BEST, EXCELLENT, AMAZING, DELICIOUS, FANTASTIC and SUPERB”

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel and staff, food, entertainment, as well as the service provided.