Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #32 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Not a "5"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

This property has beautiful grounds and the decor of the rooms are nice. I was just not impressed with some of the renovation details that were done, the paint job was not good along with the patchwork that was done to some of the walls. We changed rooms (2) two times because they kept giving us a room with a king bed and we were ladies needing double beds like we had previously requested. Once that was taken care of we had issues with our shower as well. I have to say the staff made up for the mix up and bad paint job but not the shower issue. Every where on the property we went to and all of the staff members we ran into were so nice. They really seem to love there jobs. In the restaurants on the property the waiters and waitresses all sang at every meal as we were being served beverages and refills. The food was good and we loved the bar in the pool, really nice. Since it was my Birthday week we did the Party Pirate Boat Excursion which we had a lot of fun on. There are a variety of excursions if you want to partake in them. I would recommend this property if you don't mind minor issues. I would not stay here again because I'm a travel agent and I have to critique properties and make sure they are up to a certain standard before recommending them to my clients and I need a certain standard for myself as well. If they take care of the shower issues and get a professional paint job I'd come back. Overall we had a good stay.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 7 September 2014
Dear Sharon L,

We wish to extend our gratitude for those comments dedicated towards our staff; we understand that they are the backbone of our hotel.

We anticipate that you will accept our apologies for the inconvenience of the request and trust that you will understand that it was not our intention to disappoint you in any way.

Moreover, after reading your review it is clear to me that your stay was not a usual representation of the majority of our guests.

On behalf of all the staff, I would once again like to apologize for this inconvenience and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Warm Regards from Punta Cana Princess,

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort and Spa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (958)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

I've traveled around quite a bit, including Punta Cana. The check in process was seamless but i truly didn't see a difference between a suite versus a "normal" room. I enjoyed the atmosphere but the food was average compared to other resorts I've been to. The staff was nice and helpful. There was an activity board that guest could view to decide what could be done for the day...that was nice. The bar was nicely staff. Keep in mind, if you purchase the premium package, you will have to proactively ask for top shelf alcohol....which is included....they did not volunteer that information. Although I wouldn't go back to that location, it was nice to be around all adults.

Room Tip: Wifi is available in the lobby only!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear luckeycharm,

We would like to thank you for having taken the opportunity to share the experience you had while here at Punta Cana Princess. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our staff.

On the subject of the food, we are really sorry to read that was not of your liking, we assured you that this is not the impression most of our guests are met with, nevertheless, we will pass your comments to the chef of the hotel.

We would sincerely like to thank you for taking the opportunity to air your thoughts about your recent stay at Punta Can Princess.

Best Regards,

Thornhill, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2014

We stayed at the PCP during the 2nd week of August and enjoyed ourselves. We found ourselves agreeing with the vast majority of reviewers on this site. We particularly enjoyed the fact that this resort was adults-only! Our room was very nice, with some small problems we encountered upon arrival with the shower and fridge being fixed right away. (By the way, keep the balcony door closed or you'll get condensation on your floor near the A/C.)
The pool was nice and warm and the beach was also very nice despite there being lots of sea weed in the water. The food wasn't out of this world, but there was lots of it so we were certainly never hungry. We really liked the Mexican and Italian restaurants, though not as much the Swiss fondue. The Brazilian restaurant at the Caribe resort next door was also very good. The evening entertainment in the lobby was enjoyed by most, but a bit of an acquired taste for some of us (i.e.-- me) at times.
We took only one excursion -- the half-day snorkel trip which was a nice boat ride, (not enough) snorkeling and some fun at a beach. It was well-organized and we felt more confident taking it instead of the cheaper excursions offered at the beach. One evening also took us to the little casino nearby, which was OK but certainly nothing compared to those back home.
The major negative we encountered was the pedicure my wife had at the spa near the beach. She didn't feel it was very professional and definitely doesn't recommend it.
All in all, we had a very nice relaxing week at the PCP. We certainly recommend it and we also found the other reviews here to be very helpful.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank 66Ralph
Dear 66Ralph,

It is quiet lovely to read about the ENJOYABLE STAY you had while visiting our hotel Punta Cana Princess.

It is always lovely to learn that our guests were able to enjoy their stay to the fullest while under our care and we are truly grateful to have received your good opinion about our hotel and the service we provide, taking into account that our main objective is to surpass your expectations.

All in all, we would just like to thank you for expressing your thoughts and so we await your next here at Punta Cana Princess.

Cordially,

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from a week long honeymoon at Princess. I took the time to read the previous reviews before posting mine, so as not to repeat over and over what was being said. They alone should tell you what to expect since they are all very similar in their reviews and in my opinion, accurate. In a nutshell if you are seeking a quaint, clean resort - this is your spot. If you are there to spend quality time with your significant other- this is your spot. We were not there for the food- we actually gladly ate every meal at the buffet. We didn't even take advantage of the included honeymoon dinner at one of the sister resorts. We were not there to be entertained- although we absolutely loved the animation team and the circus!! Man do they work hard!!! We were there for all adults- consummation of marriage(lol), beach, rum and Mamajuana. And that's exactly what we got. The rest was bonus!!! Went to the nightclub and casino and enjoyed the included massage which we added more time to. Complete relaxation! What I did not read in the other reviews is that security guards armed with billy clubs roamed the beach and helped in keeping the salespeople down on the " public" part and not walking within the beach chairs. This was a very helpful service especially since this is an " adult" beach and gawking salespeople who act like they have never seen a topless person before can be annoying. The security guards even watched the beach at night. Two Thumbs up!!! The bar staff and waitstaff knew our likes and had everything waiting for us as we walked in - tipping does help and was well worth it. Enjoy your stay!!! Don't forget the bug spray and sunblock!!!

Stayed September 2014, travelled as a couple
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear 2cdaworld900,

It is rather pleasing to know that you chose Punta Cana Princess to spend your honeymoon and that we were able to contribute to you enjoying such a special occasion.

It is always pleasant to learn that our guests were able to enjoy their stay to the fullest while under our care and we are truly grateful to have received your good opinion about our hotel and the service we provide, taking into account that our main objective is to surpass your expectations.

All in all, thank you very much for your feedback and hope to host you again in the future at Punta Cana Princess.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014

The hotels along the magnificent beach have relatively short frontages and extend back from the shore, so big hotels can stretch a long way from the beach. Fortunately, this one is relatively small, and you don't have to walk all that far. We stayed two weeks. Clientele is international, lots of Germans.

Pluses:

- Beautiful beach, can be walked many kilometers either way. Some surf, if you enjoy mild body surfing. Only one catamaran, but fortunately not in great demand, some waves in the lagoon make for fun sailing.

- Excellent bar service at the beach. I recommend the Coco Loco :-)

- Restaurants not bad, particularly the Fondue place, but buffet not exceptional. Restaurants at the neighbouring sites so-so, Dominican one best. Paella at beach restaurant is good.

- I recommend the extended Horse Riding tour, which gives a glimpse of the real DR, though horses were rather sluggish.

Minuses:

- First room had musty smell, got another. This is a common problem in the Caribbean.

- A/C very noisy (we prefer it off, with wide open windows). Water failed a couple of times.

- Front desk service could be more responsive.

- You need to do the 6.30am towel thing to claim a decent location at the beach.

- Sail on catamaran is rather tired, and a half hour turn is too short.

- The parasail-towing motorboat propellers chew up sea weed in the lagoon, so by the end of the day you are swimming with lots of chopped up vegetation. Many places have this problem...

This is a tipping hotel, so be prepared with $1 or 50 peso notes.

Room Tip: The higher the better (just gnd., 1 & 2)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Turysta Kanadyjski,

It is very elevating to read your very detailed and honest description about your experience here at Punta Cana Princess and we are glad to have been a part of the memorable vacation you had.

We would like to thank you for complimenting on the food we prepare, especially LA FONDUE.

Once again, we appreciate the opportunity you took to air your opinions about your stay with us and we await your next visit to the Punta Cana Princess.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the punta cana princess 8/23-8/30. I have a lot to say and if I had the opportunity to book again knowing what I know now, I’d have chosen to spend the $400-$500 more and book Excellence or Secrets. Here’s a run down of the major factors in this resorts 3 star review from me.
Check In: As far as speed and ease goes, fine. We got our room in building 4 (across from pool) and it had 2 double beds. When we went to ask for the move to a king, we got a mouthful of excuses and I explained we had called the hotel directly with the request months ago and she kept insisting I did not and they couldn’t guarantee anything. After arguing with her for a while (and pulling up my phone records to show I called the resort months ago because she said I didn’t), I gave up and I asked to talk to a manager and after waiting 30 minutes in tears because I was so frustrated, Reynaldo helped us and said “oh yeah, we can do that” and we were instantly booked in a king suite in building 3. They brought our bags to us so that was nice.
Room: Needs updating and renovation. I knew from the pictures it wasn’t a 5 star resort, but this place is tired. The 3rd floor ceiling is moldy and simply wood covered by a tin roof. It poured the first night we were there and I was absolutely petrified the place would cave in. It was extremely loud – like being in a hurricane in a drum can. The walls desperately needed painting. The bathroom was nice but the ceiling rainfall showerhead had clogged spouts. Keep in mind if you are traveling with friends or not your significant other, the bathroom itself has no doors – only frosted doors for shower and toilet. The pillows (3 for a king) are small and lumpy and bed is just on a simple metal frame. When we saw the first room with 2 small full size beds, the bedding didn’t even match. My sister was on the 2nd floor and her room reeked with a mildew smell. The a/c, however, is super and was cold and kept up no problem with the heat. Hot water wasn’t a problem until last day however we did talk to others that had no hot water and no electricity. There are no outlets except where the fridge is plugged in.
Food: Was ok. We mainly ate at the buffet and it was pretty good. I would recommend you stay away from the Tex Mex Place and if you want to do the fondue place, get there early, but that was pretty good, too (but ridiculously hot). I also recommend you immediately book a reservation at La Brazilia at the other resort (Tropical Princess?) which is a Brazilian meat market and the food and service was excellent. I am convinced the restaurant near the beach served leftovers from the buffet the night before – that food was hit or miss but could always get a pretty good turkey or ham sandwich. My husband is pretty picky and he did ok with the pasta and breads and grilled meats. Oh – the hamburgers aren’t what you expect them to taste like – he was pretty bummed. It’s interesting, but I didn’t think it was too bad. Don’t eat the fajitas at the Tex Mex place or the buffet if they are on the menu. They gave everyone in our party some serious trouble. Serious.
Pool: Good. Big. Lots of chairs but get there early as they fill up quickly. There are plenty of umbrellas for shade and great for us as he preferred no direct sun and I wanted as much as I could get. Towards the end of the week the water was cloudy but perhaps just needed a good chemical cleaning.
Beach: Excellent but small. Soft white sand – lots of seaweed. The tide must be pretty strong as each morning there was a ton of seaweed and a sand wall with at least a 2 foot drop. They had to comb the beach every day and bury the seaweed and knock the wall down. These chairs fill up super fast so if you want these, then definitely get there early. Again, lots of umbrellas so you can sit out there and not completely bake in the sun.
Entertainment: Joke. Seriously. It was basically a group of people that had lame activities so they could “say” they had them. One was throw a Frisbee at a card table in the sand and knock off the Dasani water bottles. Every prize was a bottle of rum it seemed. The nightly entertainment was a dud. You can go to the other resorts – the casino was ok ($10 minimum blackjack bet) and the Tropical (?) Princess had a stage show that was ok and a little long (1.5 hours). We didn’t go to the disco but heard it was like an 8th grade dance (boys vs girls and no dancing). The calendars at the PCP said 930 for the shows but every time we got there at 930, it had already been going on a while. Not kidding, they spent 40 minutes introducing a line of guys from the audience and then had them each do a little dance, then went through the line again for us to vote, then again to vote. At the end of the show, they introduce themselves and they do a dance then they dance again for a song and by that time you are completely done and if they would just open it to the audience to dance it could be fun. There is one dancer there that is a complete attention hog and tried to upstage even his fellow dancers and I was pretty tired of him pretty quick. He also upstaged the guests having fun. I think a welcome reception would be great and I think more guest involvement is crucial.
Staff: Reynaldo, Hector front desk – awesome. Alexander server at buffet – super awesome. Extremely friendly and attentive to you and not like the other staff who just ogle guests. And that’s about it. It was extremely hard to get good bar service and it is pretty infuriating when you can’t get a bartender’s attention because he is talking with his buddy about some girls’ boobs or butt. It is that obvious and pretty offensive. Bartenders did it, servers, cooks, groundsmen, everyone. I even talked to staff who did obvious glances at my chest. It was very uncomfortable. We tipped only a couple people because the rest of the service we received wasn’t worth extra gratuity. You almost felt guilty for asking for things because you were pulling them away from their guest gawking. They would even nudge and poke each other to talk about girls and speak Spanish and laugh. Maid service was good but never could pinpoint when they’d come. This resort staff, unless you got a nice one, really made you feel like you were inconveniencing them. I have never been so upset with staff the way I felt here – if you have zero problems, you should be ok. I tipped but realized it didn’t necessarily give you good service so I kept my tipping to those who gave me good service that I was appreciative of.
Bars: See above. Waited at pool bar minimum 10 minutes a drink because staff working the top and bottom bars and also gawking at females. Once I had to get out of the water and interrupt the bartender practically draped on the counter talking to two girls.
Random: they have a most annoying kiosk by the pool that every time you go to the restaurant or to the bathroom, you get accosted by the sales guy. Every. Single. Time. I learned to walk fast, look away and wave my hand in a no thank you gesture. They also have a craft fair type thing once a week for Dominican night and basically it’s tables full of these sales guys who do not give up and pester you. Extremely annoying. I hated that I had to deal with this crap every day while on a private resort. You also get the guys on the beach but at least they don’t pester you as much. Tip – you can walk through the buildings and avoid all the vendors that are on the main sidewalks.
Random: Don’t book excursions through the resort – better to find a guy on the beach and save $$. Also, the staff come around with snakes, parrots, monkeys, and take your picture and you cannot use your own camera. These pictures are $10 a piece so be aware. Find a guy on the beach and give him $10 and take all the pictures you want.
Random: Bugs!! My ankles got eaten up – bring bug spray. And, make sure you bring plenty of sunscreen or it will cost you $25 in the gift shop.
Random: No pool towels at pool – must bring blue ones provided in room and use those all day then get those exchanged at night during turndown service. We did get a nice little tote bag so that was cool.
Random: Wifi for the week was only $18. We managed to get all our devices on it even though I think it was supposed to be one per. It worked resort wide but some places better than others.

So overall it was good. We definitely think the price was an excellent value for what we received. If you are looking for a bargain and just want sun and beach, this is a great option. If you are used to a little better treatment, amenities and services, spend a little more and go for a nicer resort. I just wasn't impressed but again, a good deal for the money. As far as overall experience regardless of cost, I can't go higher than a three. Email me with any questions-I'll be happy to respond!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Roxanne323
Dear Roxanne323,

We would like to thank you for choosing Punta Cana Princess for your holidays and also for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

We deeply regret that you couldn’t enjoy to the fullest and we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway. Moreover we guarantee you that this is not the type of service most of our guests are met with.

On the other hand, we thank you for your positive comment about our staff, specifically to Reynaldo, Hector and Alexander, we are really of them to be part of our team and your good wishes will reach their person.

We hope these inconveniences do not deter you in selecting Punta Cana Princess in the future.

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2014

Resort grounds are very nice and well maintained. All staff were friendly and accommodating. Rooms were spacious and comfortable. Beds are very firm and pillows leave some to be desired, but overall nice room. Welcome fruit basket, rum, and cigars in all rooms. Beach was nice with plenty of beach chairs. Pool was very nice and very well maintained. Buffet/Beach grill food was good but not over the top. Was always able to find something good to eat. Beach/Pool/Lobby/Buffet bars were very good. Nightly entertainment wasn't great, but our group makes our own entertainment. Free WiFi in lobby. Paid $18 for WiFi which covered the entire campus. Good per device. We had our two phones and two laptops which we were presented with a timeout on day 3, however, they front desk quickly corrected the issue. Apparently there is a data limit or limit on the number of devices you can connect.

Room Tip: Building 5 is next to the pool and beach. Further to walk for buffet and restaurants, but the beach...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jimmy M
Dear Jimmy M,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here at Punta Cana Princess.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel room, grounds, staff, food, pool, as well as the beach.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback, there is no doubt that you enjoyed your first stay and so we await your next here at Punta Cana Princess.

Cordially,