We stayed at the Punta Cana Princess for our honeymoon. Our stay was from May 15th to the 24th. This was the first time either of us has been to the Dominican Republic.
Check-in: We reached our hotel at about 3:30 and check-in was a breeze. They bring you a small glass of fruit punch while you are checking in. We were unable to get a honeymoon suite but the guy at the front desk made sure that we had a room with a view of the ocean and a king size bed. We were in building 5, room 5113. We had a view of the ocean and of the pool. It was a great location.
Restaurants: We went to all of the restaurants at the Punta Cana Princess. Plus, we ate at a few of the restaurants in Caribe Princess. To dine at their restaurants you need to get a reservation through Punta Cana Princess’ Guest Services between 10am – 1pm the day before.
** If you don’t eat pork that you are very limited in selection.**
Mare Nostrum – During the day it is a self serve dining area. They do a small breakfast that is the same all the time. The food that is out during the day can change a little bit but is mostly the same. It is a great place to pick up a snack. On the beach outside Mare Nostrum they have a cookout every other day. The cook out consists of burgers, chicken, and pork chops. We ate their one evening for a special dinner for all of the honeymooning couples. This is an open air restaurant.
Il Bacio – This is an Italian restaurant. We only ate here once but enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I got the Ravioli which was very good; while my wife got the Chicken Florentine. She thoroughly enjoyed her meal.
La Petite Fondue – This is a Swiss fondue restaurant. Our meal was very good. We got the cheese and the mixed meat fondue. It was fun and the atmosphere in the restaurant was nice.
Rio Grande – This is a Tex-Mex restaurant, but it is not like the ones we have here at home. The haves ribs, steaks, chicken, and beef or chicken fajitas. The chicken burrito appetizer is really good and the chicken fajitas are awesome. We went her twice for dinner. It was our favorite al-a-cart restaurant.
The buffet was really good. There is a different theme every night. I have to admit that any way they cooked their chicken it was perfect. I really liked the Dominican Style Chicken.
The Grounds: The grounds of the resort were immaculate. Every morning the walkways were hosed down and swept up. The grounds crew worked hard to keep the trees, bushes and plants looking good.
All-in-all, it was the perfect place to go for our honeymoon. We enjoyed relaxing by the pool and on the beach. We would walk the beach and visit the flea market. It was just what we needed. During the time we were there we were in paradise!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel