We stayed at this resort during a second week of September. I decided to go to PCP because the place looked nice and the reviews were good. My girl friend and I are both in our mid 20 travelling to get some sun, swim in the ocean and just relax.
Arrival: The PCP is approximately 30 min drive from the airport. The reception at the front desk was very friendly, quick and easy. We got greeted with a cocktail and shown to our room within 5 min.
Rooms: The room was everything we asked for: close to the beach, 2nd floor, light and spacious, with two separate beds overlooking the pool and a little bit of the ocean. There was a fruit basket, cigars and a bottle of rum on the table as a welcome thing. The fridge was fully stocked but their policy said to only leave 2 beers per day. We made friends with some workers and got 8 beers delivered to our room whenever we needed!!
Pool: The pool was very nice however when I booked this resort I was under the impression that there are 2 pools. Hmmm.. Nope, there is only one. The service at the swim up bar was ok. The pool was never overcrowded with plenty of seats around.
Beach: Gorgeous!!!!!! We spent every day chilling by the ocean... The beach is wide, never overcrowded and perfect for long walks. There is a flea market to the left of the resort but it takes about 10 min to get to. Apparently there is a flea market to the right of the resort as well but its way further. There are a lot of people passing by and trying to sell things. There is nothing wrong with buying a souvenir but be careful! You have to bargain! TIP: Do not book any excursions on the beach!!!! They will tell you that they work on the resort but it isn’t true. There are cases when people book tours (overpriced) and end up getting ripped off with no chance of getting their money refunded. So be careful!! Book excursions only with your representative (in the lobby).
Entertainment: To be honest, I was disappointed. Pool activities were lame and the entertainment crew had a hard time getting people to participate. Beach activities were almost nonexistent. Performances in the lobby were boring. One evening there was a “beach party” which consisted of an open buffet, musicians and dancing. That was the most fun. I have been to other places in Caribbean where the entertainment was awesome but unfortunately didn’t experience it in PCP. After 11 p.m. the resort died out. There is a disco place but it was under renovation so we had to go off the resort to local clubs to have some fun. I’m not sure if it has to do with the size of the resort or with the fact that it was a slow season but I thought it could have been much better. We went to a local club called Mongu a couple of times. It was really awesome and I highly recommend it!! You can take a taxi to get there and it’s about 10 min away from the resort.
Food: The food was ok. Breakfast didn’t have a very big variety and it got a little bit boring by the end. The beach restaurant was alright and we always found something we liked. La carte restaurants were really good. Well known fact: no reservation required!! lol. We tried two: Tex-Mex (great!) and Swiss (amazing!!! absolutely a must!!).
Excursions: We did the canopy tour. It was fun and thrilling. If you are thinking of booking it- wear comfortable clothes and preferably crocks (ugly but useful ;)). Running shoes are ok only if it hasn’t rained because you’ll be covered in dirt. Second tour we took was a trip to Saona Island. It is truly spectacular!!! You’ll get to experience: speed boat ride, swimming in the middle of the ocean with star fishes and drinking rum!! On the Island you’ll swim and take pictures of the calm, crystal clear water, have open bar and buffet and head back on catamaran with more drinking, dancing and sun tanning. One of the best tours offered!!!
Overall: PCP had some downfalls that I’m not going to bother mentioning because it’s too much writing lol but I have to agree with some reviews and say that at times the staff are not all that helpful and sometimes are anything but that. However, everybody have different experiences and this review is based on mine. The resort is not big and it was half empty. We spent every day by the beach and didn’t see 1 couple get married. I would not recommend getting married there. It just felt like PCP was missing something.. This resort is for people who are not looking for much action. It’s pretty laid back and relaxing. However if you are looking for a night life, this might not be the resort for you. We had a great time but we had to go outside the PC Princess. Basically it all depends on what you want your vacation to be!!
P.S. If you want to bring back some souvenirs, cigars or jewelry I strongly suggest that you get it at the flea market or on the resort.. The prices at the airport are absolutely insane!! And you can’t bargain there.. For example: simple keychain is AT LEAST $5!!!
Relax, stay safe and enjoy your vacation!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel