“Beautiful resort!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #4 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Am excited about taking a group to Paradisus! Beautiful property - lots of natural landscapes throughout. The people are super nice. Five star service! Several pools, lots of bars and restaurants. Beach area was very deep and clean. Lots of seating. Great place for families as well. The golf course was nice and so convenient to take the trolley over. Love the idea of separate pool for families. The Reserve was well worth it. Very, very attentive - but the whole resort staff really was. The grill at the pool area did keep running out of food......not sure why. But all in all - highly recommend the resort! Had already recommended to a friend before I went and she took family on spring break. They usually stay in 5 star hotels - had a great, great time.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

Dear Elaine,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with the trip advisor community.
I’m glad to read that you consider our resort to be a beautiful property and that you had a great time.
Thank you so much for recommending us, we really hope to welcome you back soon in a near future.

Best Regards,
Eduardo Perera

Reviewed 16 December 2012

This was my first visit to beautiful Punta Cana and it will not be my last! I had a fantastic time made even more special by the superior accommodations and friendly attentive staff at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. Lilin Diaz and Diosmeri Francisco at the front desk guided me throughout my one week stay. I felt safe and cared for which was so important to me as I was traveling solo. It goes without saying that the resort is perfection. My corner one bedroom suite with jacuzzi and balcony was spacious, clean, and sunny. The beach, pools, spa, gym, restaurants, and bars were excellent! It was nice to enter the gym and be handed a water bottle & towel with a friendly hello.

Jose De Los Santos at both the Reserve Pool and Beach made a lasting impression on me! He was there with towels and drinks without having to ask as if he could anticipate my every need. His friendly conversation and warm smile truly made my vacation extra special. His coworker Mikal was also very sweet! At Gabi, the poolside restaurant where I ate breakfast and lunch most days, the staff could not have been more pleasant! Whether it was Santos bringing me specially brewed Dominican coffee or the ear to ear smiles from Jorge Fidel making my day with his prompt attentive service. Jorge was also my server at Vento Restaurant for dinner where I ate several nights. He somehow managed to make me feel like I was his only guest from suggesting a dish or making me a special dessert, Jorge must be commended for his friendly and gracious service!
Let me not forget the two most wonderful people who made me feel very special at Fuego Restaurant. My servers were Daniel Encarnacion and Marilin Villa. Trust me on this one....go to this restaurant more than once. I had two fabulous meals there and Ithe food is creative and delicious. But again it was Daniel and Marilin who gave me advise on the food and wine and made friendly conversation during my meal so much so that I felt like a VIP!
Being solo at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana was unusual but I was always made to feel relaxed, happy, and completely well-cared for. I am recommending this resort to all and I am looking forward to returning soon!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Pam S

Dear Pam,

I’m so glad to read that you consider our Paradisus Punta Cana to be ¨perfection¨.
It made me feel really proud to read all those names on your review, we are lucky to have such a good staff, they are definitely the most important asset for us.

We can’t wait to welcome you again, please contact us before your next stay.

Warmest regards from Punta Cana

Eduardo Perera

Reviewed 15 December 2012

Let me start of with the Cons....
-i read some of the reviews written down and what i can agree on is the noise of the trolleys and mopeds being driven. i think our room might of also been located close to where garbage was picked up? so in the middle of the night that was a bit disruptive
-the service at the nonbuffet restaurants was slow considering that this was not their busy high season, so not all the tables were fiilled. i was most displeased with our service at the palazzo restaurant on our last night as we were the service was extremely slow and the waiter didnt seem to care at all. i had high expectations for the palazzo and was highly disappointed
-it was annoying/inconvenient to have to make reservations for other a la carte dinner options in the morning considering that my boyfriend and i were quite active during our stay
-there is always a $5 room service delivery charge and the menu for room service is pretty limited
-the employee working the activities area where the rockclimbing/batting cages/biking was a bit rude and a bit impatient when we were trying to choose a comfortable bike to ride. he gave me the impression that he thought were being divas
-the shows (we tried watching a show 1/5 nights we were there) werent that impressive, but we didnt come to DR with wanting to watch shows...so that was much of a Con

so i know it seems that there might be alot of Cons but i would still rate this at 4.5 considering my experiences at past hotels ranging from the W to the Westin and so and so on...
so here comes the Pros and why i would recommend my own friends to come
-the service is outstanding (besides that activities worker who i only had to talk to for like 2 minutes out of my 6 day stay). Each building at the reserve keeps 2 employees at the buildings own little lobby and they were super friendly and always asked as how our experience was. we would even receive phone calls on how our experience was
-They had tried to sell us on joining Club Melia but when we said we weren't interested they were so very respectful and not pushy (something i cant say the same about from other resorts)
While i see that some reviewers have complained about waiting for rides from their building, we experienced something quite different. The two employees at the buildings would usually call us to get a ride, if not they trolley would always come every 5-10 minutes. The trolley rides around the grounds was always pleasant as it would gives us time to appreciate the beauty of the grounds.
-The grounds are well kept and everywhere you go, the scenery is just so breathtaking. Everyones opinions are obviously subjective and a bit biased. For me and my boyfriend this was really what won us. We really felt like we escaped to a beautiful place and waking up to this type of environment with amazing weather was what really made this feel like a vacation. We fully appreciate how well kept the grounds are as I know how much work that takes.
-The beach is amazing. my boyfriend and i took a walk down the shore and compared how other resorts kept their beachfront. The paradisus punta cana had more up to date beach furnitier as well as variety from beds to individual lounge chairs and several little huts for shade. The reserve and royal services also had their own exclusive private areas with great waiter service.
-The beach also had a fun activies center (very much the opposite in the Cons i wrote). In this area they would have dance classes, organize games, volleyball games, etc. The excursions offered were also so much fun and well worth the money
-the drinks/cocktails were great! top shelf labels too!
-i do agree with one reviewers complaint about the resort credit..to a small extent. the way we viewed the resort credits was that just a plus to what we already knew what we were paying for. we only used the resort credit for the casino. and that resort credit was basically like getting free money to bet with ...cant complain about that. and on all the nites we gambled we won $ so even better
-the pool at the reserve is so relaxing, clean, and up to date. i enjoyed the exclusivity of the reserve pool as there were not that many guests. it felt quite private.
-we stayed in a one bedroom suite and were very happy with the set up and space. the bed was comfortable, bathroom was clean (no molding or anything of that sort). we had a nice large jacuzzi which was lovely. daily maid service/turn down service was always great.
-i felt safe staying at this hotel. they had security on the beach was reassuring. not that there were ever any instances where security had to intervene but it was still comforting to know they were there just in case any non-guests tried to come on the hotel grounds through the beach
-there was always so much to do at the resort, from playing tennis to the beach activities to going to their gym which offered classes (spinning, yoga, pilates, kickboxing, and more)

overall im giving the Reserve a 5 because the Cons were minimal. the pros definitely outweighed the cons. if i could give some constructive criticism to management i would just say to work on the service/table turnaround with the dinner restaurants, work on unifying the resort more--at times we felt a bit lost with what was going at what time, which was where because the place is like a town.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Yesterday we just arrived from a week at the Paradisus Punta Cana, Reserve. I traveled with my husband, 23 month old and 4 month old baby. The main reason we decided to stay here was what I had read about the Kids´ Zone, kids´ pool, friendly staff, the open-air architechture, and a deal we got with some resort credits. We were very very happy with our choice!!!

It´s a pleasure to be surrounded by staff that are happy to help you at all time, as almost every one seemed to be. Most people were extremely charming towards our babies, which surpassed our expectations! Asia, our concierge, made sure to accommodate us by putting a bottle sanitizer and baby bottle warmer in our room, along with making sure we had plenty of milk delivered to our room for our 23 month old boy. The caretakers at the Kids´ Zone - Berlice, Nathalie, Yahaira and Ruth really were the key that made our stay awesome! They were very cheerful, patient and caring, so although we were nervous about leaving our oldest with them at first, he would ask us to take him to "school" every morning. Thanks to this, i was able to focus on feeding my younger baby and enjoy a bit of relaxing on the beach. The Kids´ Zone also permitted us to do some extra activities. My husband took a day-long scuba excursion, and it allowed both of us to go parasailing together, which was unforgettable and would have been totally impossible otherwise.

We were also happy with the activities that the dive center included for guests - the nearby snorkel and scuba diving, which my husband took advantage of, and catamaran sailing, which i did - wonderful! In general included activities around the resort were hit or miss. Many times when one of us tried to do something, it didn´t happen because there were not others interested. That probably won´t happen as much during the high season.

The resort credits were a bit disappointing, so don´t expect too much. We used three cupons at the spa, which we would not have used otherwise and it made our stay very special!!! One other complaint is that were were misinformed on several occasions by staff, especially when it comes to the difference between royal service and the reserve - please get the story straight and avoid embarassing situations for guests. It was just a minor wrinkle though in what was a fabulous trip.

Finally, I´d like to stress that another important advantage of the Reserve over the regular section is the Reserve beach. We never had trouble finding a nice combination of shade and sun, which is important to us, but the drink service on the beach really made this experience spectacular!! Thanks Maiker, José and Ramón for those refreshing drinks and fun atmosphere! We loved our first all-inclusive experience and totally recommend it, especially to anyone travelling with toddlers or babies!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank mariflorez
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2012

Dear Mrs. Florez,

Thank you for taking the time to capture your positive thoughts about your recent stay with us, it is so lovely to read that you loved the The Kids Zone!

Whether it is Nathalie, Berlis, Yahaira and Ruth they all have one thing in common; a sincere and inherent desire to look after and fulfill our guest expectations.

I already share your comments with them! They really miss Joaquin & Manuel.

We are also taking note of your valid comments regarding the misinformation that our team members shared with you regarding the differences between Royal Service and The Reserve.

They are two concepts completely different as Royal Service is very oriented for Couples and an adult’s only concept and The Reserve is very much family oriented. Trust me when I say that we are taking your comments with the seriousness required in order to make sure that it won´t happened again to any of our guests.

We all hope to welcome you back to Paradise soon!

Warmest regards from Paradisus Punta Cana,

Reviewed 9 December 2012

My husband, 8 year old daughter & I just stayed at the Reserve. It is NOT worth the extra money. The service was not good & the food was terrible. To top off the disappointment, my D&G sunglasses were taken from my room during turn down service & no one seemed to care. Lock up your valuables. Slide door to balcony was broken. Anyone could open the door. No hot tubs in the pools and they are not heated. Food at Naos is similar to Gabi but more options at Gabi. Buffet at the Gabi Clubs were our only option after trying dinner at Vento, Ciel, Palazzo, Hibachi & Steakhouse. The wait was long & food was just not good. They do not know how to prepare meat at all. Service is just not good there. Desert is the same everywhere. The Reserve is a 10 min walk to the beach w/ no towel service or activities nearby. Takes 30-45 mins for drinks so order 2 at a time. Carts will not give you a ride even if it is pouring rain and you are with a child. Trolly's do not operate 24 hours. My husband had to walk back to the Reserve from Casino several times. If you shop at the Gift shop in the lobby - check expiration dates on items. I was given expired medication.

Do go and see the shows at night as they are quite entertaining - especially the Circus and Bounce. Music in the lobby every night but same songs repeated.
Given the experience I would not recommend the resort and it is unfortunate given that the grounds are beautiful and it is very clean.

Room Tip: Reserve rooms facing pool are quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Josephine M
Reviewed 5 December 2012

If you are not traveling with children, it is not high season, and you don't mind eating at McDonalds, BK, or Denny's quality food at every meal for the duration of your trip, then go you will be fine. However, if you have kids please read on.

First off the GOOD in context. We are a family of 4 with 2 kids (2.5 years old and 10 months). The staff there bend over backwards to try and make your experience fantastic. Santo and Emilio, the pool side waiters, were wonderful. They came around with drinks and took the time to play with the kids. The gals in the Kid-zone were fantastic. Berlis, Ruth, Yahaira, and Nathali gave us the freedom to have a few quiet moments. Thank you so much. We were pleasantly surprised to find out that they will watch kids under 3 despite the website saying otherwise, and it was all free. It was great to put the little one down for naps and enjoyed the pool right outside. Awesome.

We found the waiters and other staff were very helpful, and we were lucky we were not there during high season, so they hotel was only 1/3 full and they had the time to take care of us. After what we saw, we would never even consider going there when they are busy, because I can see how you would need to wait 1 hour for everything. I don't care if they double or triple the staff, the facility would not be able to handle the volume. Lines would be out the door, no place to sit by the pool or beach, and I don’t know how one would get anywhere near the bars. The rooms are decent and clean enough for us, but they are not as nice as pics on website. I am guessing they took those 5-8 years ago.

The BAD they are very disorganized and the rooms are noisy. It was difficult to get the kiddies to sleep at night. Too much road traffic right outside our balcony. If you were to get a pool side room, then you get the music all night, so there is no easy way out of the noise.
The UGLY and the deal killer for us was the food. It is just downright awful. There is too much salt and butter on everything. I know it was the tropics and everything is shipped in and it is difficult to bring in fresh food, but this goes beyond that. We have been French Polynesia in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and they can make quite good food there. All in all, we would not return there solely because of the food.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank William W
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2012

Dear Mr. William,

Thank you for your comments both for the good and for the less good, although I am very glad you enjoyed the benefits offered in the Kids Zone for all guests, I am very sorry to read that your stay with us was not as pleasant as you and we expected.

I am glad to inform you that we are working in order to reduce the noise in all areas and many organizational measure are been taking place in order to achieve that.
Since we are a company committed to the environment and understand that these noises cause contamination, trust me when I say that your comments are being taken with the seriousness required.

We are also renewing our services, especially gastronomic, with the opening of new restaurant concepts, like the Palazzo restaurant that we just opened recently, the new opening of the Gabi beach just few weeks ago and some other changes.

I hope you can give us the opportunity to serve you again and to show you that we maintain our promises and that your comments are important for us.

Please accept again my apologies,

Reviewed 30 November 2012

Hi, AMAZING vacation! I gave this trip to my boyfriend as a birthday gift, it was myself, my boyfriend and my in-laws. All 4 of us had the best vacation ever. The staff was absolutely wonderful, I'm not sure where they get all this energy from but they give 150% it almost feels like they don't sleep as long as they can cater to you. The place was a beauty, our room was amazing, the facility is like a dream come true, the workers are GREAT and I as well as my boyfriend and in-laws have nothing but positive feed back.

I want to give a special thanks to extra ordinary workers that we had the pleasure in socializing with them.

Julio Nice from the entertainment group (wow- where does he get so much enevergy from). What a humble and great young man, always with a smile and the energy of an energizer bunny. Julio will go far with his talent and passion to persuing his aspirations.

Edrey, Pepe from the entertainment great energy and service

Luis Amante from the grill by the reserve pool side - may god bless him with his positive and humble attitude, hard worker that aims to please his costumers and always with a smile.

Sanny and Claritza from guest services - great professional service from them and very helpful

Marsial Berroa from Qi restaurant - great attention and professionalism

Jorgeluis Vilorio Ramirez from North Bar - always with a smile and amazing service.

Special thanks to Silvio from The Reserve main office and his crew - Silvio is always on point "with a smile" and making sure his guest are taken care of. Silvio helped me through my full preparations with my boyfriends bday celebration and I can't thank him enough for his services.

Our stay was for 6 days and we could clearly have stayed for a month.

Will return without a doubt.

Special THANKS to the full hard working professional staff at The Reserve Paradisus.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank schula

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for all your nice comments and for sharing them with us on Tripadvisor.com

It really give us lot of satisfaction to read that we were able to fulfill your holidays with nice moments to remember.

What I like the most from your comments is to read so many names from our team. They are the most important part of our resort and the ones that make everything possible.

I already shared your kinds words with them and I am sure they will love to see you back soon at Paradisus Punta Cana!

Warm regards,