“Great staff”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Edmonton, Canada
“Great staff”
Reviewed 30 December 2012 via mobile

The staff at this resort are fantastic. Thank you to Lenin at the Reserve bar for his great cappuccino and baileys. Mikey and Ramon at the reserve beach also made our vacation special. The check in process was the easiest we've ever had.

Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 4 January 2013
Dear Joanne,

Thank you very much for posting your review on your recent stay in our hotel. We are very glad to know you were satisfied with the service and attentions by Lenin, Mikey and Ramon! I´ll shcared this comments with them.

We are looking forward to welcome you again!

Warmest Regards from Paradisus Punta Cana,

Eduardo Perera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2012

It was worth every penny to book the family concierge master suite. It made a big difference to have someone dedicated to our needs. Our concierge, Asia Mateo, was very dedicated and helpfull. Beautiful hotel, well furnished and designed. The vegetation made it feel not too crowded. The reserve at Paradisus is smaller, more private but the trade off is you are further from the beach.

1 Thank Myriam H
Dear Myriam,

We are quite glad to know we have provided you with a wonderful holiday experience. Thank you so much for sharing it with all the readers on this site.
You can rest assure that Asia Mateo will be acknowledged for her services, and that we will be doing everything within our power to provide you with many other enjoyable stays in.

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 December 2012

We saw whole bunch of reviews about bad service, so we took the family consiage and reserve room to have better service. However, the extra money didn't bring us the expected service. The personal consiage keeps mixing up the information. The only good thing about the reserve is that they reserve the beach seat for us. That's it.
My son had diarrhea , and I asked front desk if they had diaper, they told me no. So we went on dolphin trip with only 2 diapers on hand with him. You can imagine how stressful I was. When we were back, I found they sell diaper at the store right next to the front desk. How about tell me that I can buy diapers in the store?

The kids club was not very organized. People working there were friendly but not to our satisfaction. They don't have different programs for different age like club med. we were not well i formed what activites are open for our kids. only good thing is that they open until 10 pm.

Food was way below our expectation. I felt like I had fast food for the whole trip. Very few selection on afternoon snack time. The food at Fungo was excellent, but it was not included. It costed 40usd per person plus wine.
The gound and beaches and rooms are beautiful.

It's a nice place to be if you don't need to talk to or ask anybody in the resort, and not picky with food.

Room Tip: Reserve and family consiage does not worth extra money.
1 Thank Pumae2012
Dear guest,

We are truly sorry because we failed on meeting your expectations for a 5***** experience in our hotel we seriously take into consideration all the issues you make reference in your review to work on rectifying them whenever possible.

Please accept my sincerest apologies. I hope you can give us a second opportunity and if you do, please contact me, it will be my pleasure to personally welcome you and assure you and your family and really memorable experience.
Once again, forgive us for all the inconvenience.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 25 December 2012

This was our second time at this resort and we have only returned to a resort once before. First off, I love Domincan Republic for its beaches and weather. The beach in front of Paradisus is the widest on the island and clean. Maiker and Ramon on the beach take care of all your eating and drinking needs all day. they are so nice. The rooms are gorgeous and gigantic. you control your own temperature. The rooms get cleaned twice a day. and they are quiet! Asia our concierge took care of all our needs in the room. Silvio the head concierge took care of all our reservations. The breakfasts were excellent. The lunches were excellent. I would say the dinners were above average. All teh service people were genuinly nice, happy, and helpful. Everyone speaks great English. A little Spanish goes along way. We plan on going back. Oh most importantly our 3 year old daughter spent most of the time in the kids zone/ Nathali, Berlis, Yahairo, and Ruth took exceelent care of our daughter. They treatd her like their own. Our daughter did not even wnat to come home. She had a fantastic time. We will be going back!

1 Thank Lisa F
Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are in agreement with you and so many others who have mentioned the staff as an asset to our hotel. They all do an amazing job, and we are very grateful for that.

Our special appreciation for recommending us on this site and having already made your decision to revisit. Please, do send us a note with your requirements and we will be delighted in looking after them.

Warmest Regards from Paradisus Punta Cana

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We were at the reserve at paradisus punta cana from December 7-14, and it exceeded expectations all around! The entire 100 acre property is gorgeous, and every little detail is kept up to a very high standard. Our room was beautiful and spacious, the jacuzzi was huge, and we were on the third floor of our building, so we had a nice view of the pool, Gabon club and some gardens. The reserve is about a 7 or 8 minute walk to the beach, which we felt helped to burn off some of the booze we had been drinking (the bartenders mix your drinks more than half alcohol if you don't watch them, they are definitely not cheap with the booze!) but there is also a regular shuttle if you don't feel like walking... The food was good, not spectacular, but you definitely won't starve, and we had no complaints. The nightly entertainment was well worth watching, they keep the shows to about 45 minutes, and then the bar outside of the theater seemed to always be fun when the show let out. The staff all over the resort was awesome, they are hard working, friendly, energetic, and really seem to want you to enjoy every aspect of your vacation... Luis Almate at the burger grill, Santos frias and Santos almante at the reserve pool,Jorge Luis vilora, and Roberto espinnal at the main lobby bar, just to name a few we're VERY entertaining! The resort seems well laid out, and they have paid very close attention to every last detail! For the first several days, our concierge very politely tried to get us to sit through their "melia club" presentation to sell us a membership, but when I told her that we weren't interested and would rather not do the presentation, she was very polite, didnt pressure us at all, and didnt mention it again. We had no complaints during our stay, and would recommend this resort to everyone!

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Adamandjen17
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear Adam,

I would like to thank you for letting us make your stay at "The perfect vacation". I am glad to know we have completely fulfilled your expectations and for recommending us.
I would like to thank you for your mention of some of our staff members in this review as it is thanks to our staff members that we are able to accomplish our goal - the total satisfaction of our guests.

Adam, it will be an honor to host your future stays.

Best Regards,

General Manager.
Lawrence
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Guaranteed to be one of your most memorable and enjoyable vacations on the island! The property lives up to its name ... Paradise! You are not simply at a resort. You are in the middle of nature in all its splendor and glory. By far, more than any other resort, it has removed virtually all aspects of commercialism that is typical of hotels in the area. The accomodations at the Reserve are excellent as is the attention to detail. Everyone, from housekeeping to the personal concierge were focussed on our satisfaction and beyond. Food was excellent and the selections will satisfy the hungriest to those vegetarians fussy about what they eat. The ambiance reflected in each restaurant is very impressive from island warmth to cosmopolitan sophistication. Each one will leave a lasting impression. Quality of the food was very high. Beaches were immaculate and postcard perfect. I have to single out Yelissa at the Reserve registration desk, our personal concierge and two other very special people. Santiago who puts on the show of shows at the Japaneese Restaurant. His tapanaki cooking and entertaining skills are second to none. Also, my high Kudos to Mariana at the Reserve. She is the epitomy of customer service! Making sure you are more than satisfied and not only enjoying your stay but LOVING it is her mission at the Paradisus. She and her staff at the Reserve back up their talk with solid and meaningful action. When it comes to the Resreve at the Paradisus in Punta Cana Paradise and little bit of Heaven is here on earth! Stayed December 1st to 8th, 2012. Tom C.

Room Tip: You can't miss no matter where you are!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom C
Dear Tom,

We are quite glad to know your expectations on your stay with us were surpassed. We know it is our staff the most important asset and we will pass your comments on to the ones you mention, but we also appreciate you have posted your comments on Trip advisor.

Once again Thank you so much, please do not hesitate in contact us for your next holiday.

Sincerely

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My wife and I just returned from a stay at the Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana from December 13 - 17, 2012. We were there with a group of 6 (3 couples) who all stayed in the Reserve.

Overall, I'd rate our stay as very good. There were some hiccups, but they didn't prevent us from thoroughly enjoying the vacation.

Issues:

Upon arrival, we got dropped off at the wrong resort. We booked hotel transfers with our package, but the shuttle left us at the Paradisus Palma Real instead of the Paradisus Punta Cana. We ended up paying for a cab to take us to the correct resort. This was a very unpleasant way to begin our vacation.

Just about every day from morning to night fall, there were no lights in our room. Originally, we though it was the entire resort, but on the last day, we found out others had lights. Since we thought everyone was impacted, we didn't mention it to anyone at the resort. It was an inconvenience, but we made due.

We were treated rudely by members of the casino staff one night. One of the supervisors was the rudest. I'd rather not share her name here, but she seemed to try her best to ruin our night. We took a cab ride to a casino at another resort and had a very good time.

The resort food was average, at best...especially for lunch. This was a real sore spot for me. That being said, there was always something I could find to eat. I just wound up eating very lightly for some meals.

Great stuff:

The resort is absolutely beautiful. The landscaping is immaculate and the plants are a rainbow of wondrous colors.

I think the beach might be the best I've seen in my travels so far. Beautiful, light blue water...soft, white sands...it was very windy, but neither my wife nor I waded out into the water anyway...we just walked along the beach, so it was perfect for us.

Paradisus has the nicest beach furniture and setup of all the hotels we walked by...and we walked about a 2 mile stretch of the beach.

The staff at the Reserve is awesome! They interacted with us and did all they could to satisfy any request we had. I'll give some shot-outs at the end.

Great bartenders all over the resort! Very lively...very personable...will go out of their way to make sure you enjoy yourself.

Our room was great (other than the lights). Big jacuzzi...big, fluffy bed...nice sitting area...well kept and maintained.

Breakfast at the beach restaurant and dinner at the Japanese restaurant were the highlights for us, and although we didn't eat there, we heard the steak restaurant was very good.

Tons of activities. We didn't catch any of the shows...didn't do any of the scheduled, daily activities...but, we still stayed busy every day we were there.

We took an ATV Excursion that was awesome! Took us through the country side...through villages...to a different stretch of beach...to a cave...to a tobacco, spice, coffee, shop, etc. We really, really enjoyed that excursion. Booked it in the main lobby.

For my wife's birthday dinner, we ate at the Italian dinner restaurant. Food was OK. Place is beautiful. Ambiance was romantic. They brought out a cake and the staff sang what I believe was 'Happy Birthday' in Spanish. I used resort credits towards a few bottles of good wine to replace the so-so house wines.

Overall:

It was a great extended weekend getaway. I'd like to give a special thanks to some of the resort staff that really made our trip enjoyable and an experience that we'll remember forever. If I forget anyone or mispell anyone's name, please forgive me...or, better yet, blame it on Marcos and the constant flow of Caipirinha's:

Ovidio and Silvio (Family Concierges at the Reserve) - Thank you both VERY MUCH for helping to make all the plans for my wife's birthday celebration and the entire weekend! You guys really made our trip great.

Diosmary (Reserve Front Desk) - Did all she could to satisfy any and all requests from our group. Wonderful personality...by the time we left, it felt like we were leaving an old friend.

Marcos (Bartender at Reserve Pool Bar) - Even on sleepy mornings, he would get us perked up and ready for another day. We tried everything for the first couple of days before we each settled into our favorites. As I mentioned, mine was the Caipirinha, and Marcos made the best on the resort. He even filled up two "Bubba Mugs" for me on the day we took the 2 mile beach walk. Marcos is the man!

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana is a great place to vacation, especially considering the value. For us, the staff and the aesthetic beauty made all the difference. Punta Cana is somewhere we've decided is on the list to consider visiting again in the future, and if we do, we'll consider going back to the Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Room Tip: Go for the Reserve or Royal Service. Definitely worth the extra money, based on reading reviews of...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple