“What started out rough ending up Dazzling!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #5 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
“What started out rough ending up Dazzling!”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Ok, they have to work on checking into the hotel! We arrived at the hotel and were whisked into the Reception area (Hotel Lobby) no attempt to get us a drink or anything - no welcome and no reception at all! Then they tried to rush through check-in. If you read the online blab at Delta Luxury Vacations (which is how we booked) you get the idea that you are in for a VIP experience. Yes, we flew First Class and we had a ride to the hotel in a Luxury Private Car (no signage by our driver at airport, just had to stumble our way to the Delta desk) and then after arriving the hotel things got really rough. We were whisked into the lobby and rushed through check in. I booked the Jr. Deluxe Suite online based on the pictures of the rooms that were shown. When I asked which picture (yes, I printed copies of the online pix) did our room look like, the desk reception guy says "Neither one - these are upgrades". So we ask him to explain all the upgrades, which he attempts to do in a few sentences, told us about "Vouchers" we will get with the Jr. Deluxe Suite, but not with the upgrades and blah, blah, blah. Totally confusing - and the Vouchers aren't worth the paper they are printed on - plus the girl at the "Voucher" desk is surly! Long story short - we go to our assigned room and it's a dump. The bed is broken and rocks back and forth when sat upon (didn't even lay on it), no Beer in fridge as promised (don't even care about the beer, but if it's is advertised as such - then it's expected!) There was no "fresh fruit plate upon arrival" as promised and the bathroom was dirty. Called the desk to complained and spent the next few hours looking at a variety of rooms. Mostly dumps. We ended up paying extra dollars for the "Reserve" room and it was worth it! Ada at the Reserve Concierge desk in building 39 was so very nice! Our room there was spotless (thanks to the hotel crew) with a big jetted tub and a comfortable clean bed. Beautiful Orchid in the living room and Gorgeous Bird of Paradise blossom in the double-sink bathroom. Loved it! Other great points: Maiker Ramirez (Mikey, Mikey in the house) at the Reserve Beach was amazing! Such a great personality and always attentive to us. Juan Carlos at Reserve reception helped get us back to the airport in a beautiful ride. The grounds crew is amazing. The meticulously maintained grounds sat this place are straight out of a tropical dream! SOOOO...please be advised: don't even think about the Jr. Deluxe Suite! The rooms are dumpy and dark and old. Go with the Reserve Room (or go for the gusto and get the "Royal" room) at the very least and enjoy your stay at this Tropical Paradise! P.S. The food at Vento is the best! I give it 5-stars!

Room Tip: If you go for the "Royal" accommodations, try to get into Building 19 facing the beach. A...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy V
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Kathy,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for having selected us as your holiday destination.

We are glad to know that your experience turned out dazzling! We can assure you that every area of opportunity was passed through our head departments at Paradisus Punta Cana, in order to make sure that this situation does not repeat again to any other of our guest. However, we feel gratified knowing that our team made you live as special as you are and made you live the Pure Freedom experience To Just Be.

We will congratulate those who took care of you and offered you the service and treatment that characterizes us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Regards,

Eduardo Perera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (846)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Brockton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 November 2013

recently stayed from October 18-22, 2013. Paradisus Punta Cana Resort over exceeded my expectations. The resort is beautiful, the pictures don’t give it justice. When I arrived I was greeted and given a drink. That’s a nice way to start my day and Jose Antonio Tebor assisted us upon our arrival and was great with answering our questions. With the package that I obtained through my travel agent I was upgraded to The Reserve and the suite was astonishing. The main areas and lobbies seemed like two places during the day and night. The beach area is nicely decorated and has several options for you to lay out. The pool area was great and I enjoyed the dance classes and contest. The night shows were amazing and the night club wasn’t bad even though I wished it was open later than 2am. The food was good whether you ordered room service, ate at the buffet or at a restaurant. The food was not good at Vento. It was a bummer that the only reservations left at the restaurants were at 9:30 so we were late for the 10pm shows and I missed the Michael Jackson show that I really wanted to see. The drinks were great regardless was bar you ordered from. Hands down the staff is was really made a difference. They work long hours yet they ALWAYS provide world class customer service and are enthusiastic and friendly. They treated me like family and made sure that my family and I were having a great time. Every time that a staff member walked by us regardless of location at the resort they always acknowledged us with a good morning/afternoon. The first night in the lobby we were greeted by my FAVORITE staff member Maikel Aquino “Chocolate”. He is very outgoing and multi-talented. My entire family danced with him and he ensured that we were enjoying ourselves. He did an awesome job with the activities. In addition, Marionell Ramirez “Super Mario” also approached us and conversed and danced with us. Luis Dominguez was such a sweet heart and caring. He was like family. During the rest of our stay when they saw us they recognized us. My favorite bartenders were Kelvin Devora and Roberto Espinal. They made great drinks and entertained us with their dancing and drink preparations. Marisol Pena also made us great drinks and conversed with us. I wish we can take them home for the holidays they definitely know how to start and keep the party going!! In overall it was the best vacation that I’ve had and my family of 5 feels the same!!!
Being Puerto Rican and visiting from the US I expected to experience the Dominican culture more and I don’t feel that it was the case. This was standard throughout the resort. I feel that I should have been indulging in the country’s roots. I wish that they offered real typical food. In addition, you should play more Spanish music, we went to the lobby and the live band was playing English elevator/doctor’s office type of music. We actually had to request Spanish music and when they did the entire crowd was enjoying themselves and dancing. I would recommend that that the trolleys pass around more frequently and that they should be playing native music.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lucy F
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Lucy,

Receive warm Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for having selected us in the first place.

We very much appreciate your comments and warm words, they make us feel certain and secure that what we are doing is the right thing. We can assure you that our team is a hundred percent committed to our guests satisfaction, to make them live the Pure Freedom experience To Just Be.

We will thank and congratulate those who made you feel relaxed and as home.

Best Regards,

leldel@optonline.net
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Its been about six years since our last visit to Punta Cana, DR. Looking for a little quieter spot this time around. Found The Reserve to fit the bill perfectly. Note we were there during off-season. Please of open spots at the pool, beach, restaurants etc. High Season might be a differant result. My own home is not as clean as the total resort. There larger Paradisus facillity is in short walking distance if you want a little more action, casino and shows were located there as well. I observed workers constantly maintaining everything. Good Quality Food if not Excellant but the Steak House is the best for my book. Staff was extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms near the entrance are 10 minutes walking to the beach. If you are beach person you need to ask...
1 Thank leldel
Dear Guest,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to learn that after six years you decided to come back to the Dominican Republic and most important, that you have chosen us as your holiday destination. It was a complete pleasure to host you and have the opportunity to serve you.

We will congratulate our team for their labor and encourage them to keep up the good work.

Sincerely

Connecticut
Reviewed 31 October 2013

October 2013 - What a beautiful resort at The Reserve, Paradisus Punta Cana. The room was immaculate and EVERYTHING worked perfectly. The service all over the hotel was 10+ stars. ALL the restaurants featured different themes, so you never got tired or bored. The pool, with built in lounges (built right into the pool surrounding fountains and massaging jets) were like no other resort. The pool area was immaculate and had plenty of chairs, towels and huts and each morning all was set up EARLY for you.

The Guest Service Manager, Silvio Lantigua made sure everything was taken care of and all your needs were met. He couldn't have been nicer or more accommodating. He helped this vacation be one to remember. All our bartender friends ---Kelvin, Jorgeluis, Vilorio, Emilio, Silvio and Julio helped us with special drinks round the clock and got to know our names and kept us entertained with fun stories. Each night was special when we hooked up with one of them. And
Alexander helped try to keep us in shape with a great pool work out each day. His upbeat spirit and dancing was fun and got lots of us involved.

The Paradisus is a great spot to spend a romantic getaway where all your needs are right on the property. Thanks to all -----see you next year. Jill & Jim from CT

1 Thank JJTrips
Dear Jill & Jim,

Sunny Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is a pleasure to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and most important, that you had the romantic getaway you were looking for. For that we thank our team, for always showing the passion and care to our guests and giving the best every day.

We will congratulate those who made your stay a memorable experience; we hope to once again the opportunity to host you and make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Saint-Hubert, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I've been to many hotels in Punta Cana and this is absolutely my favorite! The rooms are spectacular and the resort is really modern. There are a lot of spaces where you can chill (at the beach, ar the bars, in the lobby, on your balcony) The food was pretty good, althought it is pretty much the same in the buffet almost everyday but the restaurant à la carte are nice. Eliseo Palacio, who served us at the Reserve buffet every day was the best ! He was having fun and you can really tell he loves his job!

Room Tip: Rooms in The reserve are really spacious but the ones in the corner (my stepfather was alone in this...
5 Thank Marie-Eve M
Dear Marie-Eve,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to know that your holidays were amazing and that our associates were able to exceed your expectations, especially Mr. Eliseo Palacio. We will surely extend your gratitude to him, and thank him for always showing the commitment and passion for service that characterizes us.

New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 28 October 2013

i had a great time in this hotel food and service was great. room service was very good andres gomez perez was always on point as far as room service. the surounding grounds of the hotel is very tropical and magical.the beach is great and will not disappoint you. the people who work at the hotel are friendly and go out of there way to make you feel welcome.

Room Tip: the rooms at the reserve are much nicer
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lizette M
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Dear Lizette,

Thank you for having selected The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is absolutely great to learn that you had a great time; we highly appreciate you warm word and the recognition to our associate Andres Gomez Perez. We feel grateful having the opportunity to work with a team committed to our guests satisfaction.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you again in a near future and make you live once again, the Pure Freedom experience; please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

Sincerely

Culiacan, Mexico
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My wife an me went to this all-inclusive hotel only for one night searching for a relaxing weekend and we found it,
The service is really good and there is always looking forward to serve and help. The check in was good and painless on a table with a welcome cocktail instead of a counter, which I always find to be a plus.
The food is good quality and the variety is fair enough, same with the drinks. They have a 24hrs room service with no further charge, the downside is that they don't provide drinks, only beer and wine (no spirits).
The beach is beautiful, maybe as every spot in Punta Cana.
The room was excellent, with a separate room, big jacuzzi, a bathroom with 2 sinks, living room with a TV (as well in the bethroom) and a balcony with view to the gardens.
I would give five stars on my review, but they had some problems with the water and powe, which didn't bothered too much; still a really nice stay.
I would go back to this hotel another time.

Room Tip: Be aware that rooms of The Reserve are 10 min walking from the beach.
2 Thank ingelara
Dear Guest,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are so glad to learn that our team did everything to serve you; knowing that you and your family had a nice weekend makes us happy and encourages us to always improve ourselves and work the opportunity areas mentioned in your comment.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to host you in a near future and make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Best Regards,