The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Beachfront
5,771 results
All reviewsfamily conciergegabi clubramon ramirezmolekids zonedinner reservationswander roagabi beachthe grilldrinky drinkybedroom master suitevento restaurantconcierge serviceyhi spafamily vacationbubble bathkids pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Let me start off by saying that Trip Advisor is my go-to bible for vacation planning. I have stayed in various resorts in the country and The Reserve is definitely my #1 resort. Everything from beginning to end was just fantastic. I went with my 2 sisters as a belated birthday gift to ourselves and we couldn't have asked for a better time! The moment we go there, we were greeted by a friendly young lady who quickly prompted us to the check in office, which is located in the lobby across from the yummy Mediterranean restaurant (Vento). They held our bags while we walked around a bit and had lunch at the Hydro Grill. Their selection was very broad and very tasty. The rest of the days were just heaven: lounging by the semi private beach area designated for those staying at The Reserve was very nice, the pool was very big and also relaxing, our room was huge and very comfortable, and the access to the adjacent Paradisus Punta Cana resort was also a big plus. We mingled with everyone and had a really great time. Here is where this resort (in my opinion) wins big: food, drinks and staff. For being an all inclusive resort let me just say that the food was VERY good. Aside from Vento and Hydro Grill, we also checked out Gabi Beach (buffet), Ibana (hibachi) and Aqua (Italian) were all very good. Now, on to the drinks. Let me just say that all the drinks were strong and of very good quality liquor. Enough said. The staff: extremely nice, caring and very attentive. Our concierge (Anabel) was not only sweet, but very helpful. She made all of our restaurant reservations and helped us with a lot of other requests (getting a bike, obtaining more towels, etc). From the bartenders, servers and bell boys (Hazael being our absolute favorite) everything was great! I am already planning a mini vacation with my boyfriend in September and we are looking to stay either here or at the Reserve Palma Real, which I've heard really good things about as well. I definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a nice getaway, relaxing time, good food and drinks and happy atmosphere.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rosie_DL
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Rosie,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for your positive feedback.

We are happy to learn that we were able to cause this great first impression and that we gain your trust by providing a quality, caring and professional service. We will surely congratulate and thank Anabel and Hazael for being extremely nice, caring, attentive and helpful; we recognize their great value as they every day work with such passion and commitment.

It is also great to know that you gastronomic experience exceeded your expectations and that the quality of our bars and restaurants were of your appreciation.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future; please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

The Reserve part of the hotel is laid out really nicely and landscaped well, the rooms are huge and we had a lovely patio (ground floor) which was nice to relax on first thing.

There is no rush for cabanas or sun loungers here, either by the pool or beach, so its lovely being able to get up in your own time, head to breakfast then wander down to the beach or pool. The service for drinks at the beach was excellent, Ramone tries to accomodate whatever you ask for. The beach is about a 10 min walk away, and there is a tram but we walked as given how much we ate a little exercise was good :)

One note re drinks - they don't have any/many premium labels included, which is a little cheeky given they advertise as all inclusive yet try to make extra dollars out of certain premium drinks. This is one thing that really annoyed us, and it is different to the Paridisus in Mexico, which our friend who was with us had stayed at, so he couldn't understand the inconsistency with this.

Breakfast had a great variety as did all the buffet restaurants at lunch. Dinner was generally good, we had a few issues as I was vegetarian and not many of the restaurants had even one dish on their a la carte which was vegetarian, which I found very odd. Once this was mentioned to our concierge however, she sorted out the meals with all the restaurants to ensure I would have something to eat there. However I do think they need to update their menus to have at least one dish suitable for vegetarians in each restaurant, we have stayed at other resorts and never had an issue.

Given this was a kid friendly section of the hotel I was surprised by how quiet and calm it was, not noisy at all.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Dear Bina,

Receive warm Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us.

We are glad to learn that you had the relaxed and calm holidays you were expecting; also, it makes us happy to know that you found the service our team excellent and that they were able to exceed you expectations. Nevertheless, please be certain that our Food & Beverages director highly appreciates your comments regarding your experience as vegetarians and he and his team will ensure that we improve this area of opportunity.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future; please do not hesitate to contact for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have been doing beach vacations for over 39 of my 40 years on this planet. I’ve been to multiple countries, stayed on red sand, black sand and white sand beaches. I’ve slept in countless hotel rooms, eaten a metric ton of resort food, seen my share of resort shows and danced in many a hotel disco. This place delivered more then all of the other experiences combined, and then some.

The staff was friendly and kind to my three year old. Most or all of the other guests were happy and it showed. Complete strangers were yucking it up poolside with other complete strangers, sipping drinks and enjoying the awesome grounds. I seriously questioned if they had slipped happy pills into my ice cream. No joke, this place is better than ridiculously awesome.

If you don’t really value your vacation time off work then go elsewhere. This is without a doubt the best resort vacation I have ever taken.

Happy wife, happy kid, happy vacation.

DO IT!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank BowenMendelson
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for giving us the privilege to be the host of your holidays.

Your comments and pictures bring to us a great joy! We are incredibly glad to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations and that we won you trust and appreciation by making you, your wife and daughter happy! You can be sure that it was a complete pleasure to serve you and give you the unique Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are already waiting for you and your family!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 11 May 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Reserve at the Paradisus Punta Cana for a little less than a week. The Reserve was worth the upgrade — we had a beautiful suite in a separate part of the resort, the service was excellent and the pool at the Reserve was very nice. The Reserve is a bit further from the beach — about a 10-15 minute walk, but the shuttle runs frequently and we often caught it on our way. Overall, we would come here again and recommend it to others.

Food: The food was not bad for an all-inclusive. I feel like it can be hit-or-miss, hence taking off .5 stars. Our meal at Vento (Reserve-only restaurant), for example, was a bit disappointing, but the Grill steakhouse was one of our best meals there. Our server Geronimo at Bana was great. Gabi, the buffet at the Reserve, was decent as were Naos and Hydro Grill. I highly recommend dinner at Passion, which is not part of the all-inclusive package. The tasting menu was delicious, and also not a bad deal at $50. My favorite dish was the carbonara with bacon ice cream. Our server José at Passion was awesome. Also, the resort serves top-shelf liquor throughout.

Service: Every employee we encountered was helpful and hospitable, from servers and housekeeping to our concierge, a service offered at the Reserve. Our concierge Anabel Gonzalez was a great help to us, arranging the dinner reservations we wanted and answering other questions we had.

Grounds: The grounds are beautiful with lots of greenery and colorful vegetation. The hotel definitely pays attention to the little details, burning incense at different places outdoors, outfitting shuttle stops with comfortable pillows and even stamping its logo in the sand in cigarette butt receptacles.

Activities: We didn't try a lot of the activities though we did rent bikes for part of our stay. It was free, but the bikes get booked fast; we booked them Tuesday and the earliest availability was Friday. There are bike racks throughout the resort where you can easily lock up the bike.

Beach: Beautiful with soft sand and clear water. The waves were rougher than I expected. The Reserve section had beach beds and lounge chairs under thatched umbrellas. There were less people on the beach later on in the day, so it was easier to find spots.

Pool: The pool at the Reserve was right outside our suite. It was really nice with cabanas and lounge chairs all around, and a drinks server made his rounds to make sure we had drinks if we wanted. We also visited the pool for the Paradisus, and it was very nice as well. More crowded than the Reserve but it didn't make a difference.

Shopping: While other resorts have shopping on the grounds, the Paradisus only has one hotel shop. The hotel runs a shuttle a shopping center about 15 minutes away multiple times a day. At first, we thought it was going to a Dominican market where we could pick up souvenirs, but it's actually an upscale mall with Calvin Klein, Desigual, Crocs, etc. There is actually a supermarket that was interesting to visit and pick up some snacks. The shopping center is right next to the Paradisus Palma Real, so you can take a look at the sister hotel if you'd like. There are local Dominican businesses about a 5-10 minute walk from the resort and the shuttle driver let other guests off the bus at those businesses at their request.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Katherine F
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Dear Katherina F.,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We dearly thank you for your warm words and for recognizing the great labor that our team does every day, especially Anabel that was a great help for you arranging dinner reservations and answering to your requests; we know how important are the little details and that is why we are so greatful to have a team that every day manages to personalize even more their service.

Also thank you for comments regarding your gastronomic experience, because wih them comes the opportunity for us to become better and improve ourselves.

We will be looking foward to your return and please do no hesitate to contact us for you next visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I loved my experience at Reserve Paradisus Punta Cana. Overall experience was excellent. Rosmery was extremely friendly and helpful throughout my visit. House keeping service was outstanding Ylisy German and her supervisor Angela put emphasis to detail. Daniel de Leon & Wilson made me feel welcomed. Best dinner experience was at Passion, it's a must go to place. It was outstanding, Chef Ruben Jimenez Tavalera was superb. Carolina Valdez, Anyelo Amaro and Ronad Marte provided the best service during dinner. You really have to try the Tasting Menu.The hotel was great and one of the best beaches I've been to. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Annaki,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share your experience.

We love the fact that you loved your stay with us and that your holidays were excellent; for that we thank Rosmery for being extremely friendly and helpful, Ylisy and Angela of housekeeping for providing you an outstanding service and for putting so much emphasis to the details; we thank also Chef Ruben, Carolina Valdez, Anyelo Amaro and Ronad Marte for providing you the best services during your dining experience.

We will be waiting for your next visit; please do not hesitate to contact us.