“BEAUTIFUL RESORT, FANTASTIC VACATION!!!!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #5 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Foxboro, Massachusetts
“BEAUTIFUL RESORT, FANTASTIC VACATION!!!!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Reserve at Paradisus was truly Paradise!! This was our first experience with an all inclusive and we were a bit skeptical. However, we were pleasantly surprised at what a wonderful experience it was!! As a matter of fact, I have looked into booking our next trip within the next 3 months. After looking at the reviews on the Royal Service at the Paradisus, we are going to book that this time.

Before I even get to what an amazing, clean and gorgeous resort this is, I have to give praise to the fantastic staff who were so nice, helpful and attentive to anything we could ever want or need. I wish I had taken time to write down more names because there were just so many staff members who helped us out. My husband and I are early risers and we would sit on our balcony before sunrise with our room service continental breakfast, coffee and fresh squeezed orange juice and as the sun rose, we would watch all the maintenance staff as they went about the pool area, wiping down palapas (covered huts) and rolling and arranging towels to accommodate guests. They scrubbed and vacuumed the pools and made sure there was not a speck of sand or dirt anywhere. As they walked by, they would always smile and say "Hola" or "Buenos Dias."

We made friends instantly with Juan Gomez at the North Avenue Bar. He had all the answers to our questions about the resort, always knew which restaurants were open for the evening, and was so attentive to us at the bar. We couldn't ever walk by without stopping in to have a beer and a nice conversation.

One of our absolute favorites was Maiker Ramirez (Mikey-Mike) who was like a family friend from the second we met him. We made sure we found ourselves a palapa or beach chairs not far from the beach bar where Mikey works. We had so much fun talking and laughing with him and he took great great care of us the whole time. We really hated to say good-bye to him. We made sure to spend our last hour at the beach with him. His co-worker, Ramon Ramirez was also so helpful and such a hard worker and helped out with always with a smile!!

At the Hydro Grill by the pool at The Reserve, Robert Jorge, Jose Reinoso and Frank Martinez were fun and, again, so attentive. We loved the burgers at the Hydro Grill, but my favorite was the fish sandwich. The salads were very good, too.

I didn't get her last name, but Raismery was great whenever we saw her. She was at the Family Concierge area and made reservations for dinner at several different restaurants for us. She was also the hostess at Bana (Japanese) and she always had a smile for us!

As for the resort itself, it is one of the best we have ever stayed at. We have stayed at the Ritz, Four Seasons and the Breakers and they have nothing over on the Paradisus. Room was spotless. It had beautiful Italian tile throughout. We ordered beer for our mini bar and one day, we realized they had put in a brand new mini bar (fridge) due to the one that was there was in need of replacement. We never even mentioned it, but we did appreciate it. The grounds are plush with exquisite views. The beach and pools are phenomenal!!

We only stayed 4 nights, but are planning on staying 7 nights in September and cannot wait. We only count down the days! You should stay. You won't be disappointed. And, please...over-tip these wonderful people. They truly deserve it!!!

4 Thank Kathleen O
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Katie,

Receive warm Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We very much appreciate your kind and positive commentaries; it makes us happy that you and your husband had a wonderful 10 days with us at Paradise. At The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana we love to pamper our guests, and you can be sure that all our team took their time to plan you experience and turn it into an Amazing one!

Juan Gomez, Maiker Ramirez, Ramon Ramirez, Robert Jorge, Jose Reinoso, Frank Martinez and
Raisemry will surely receive your gratitude.

We cannot wait for you to come back to our resort and make you have the time of your life!

Best Regards,

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (831)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I stayed for 5 nights over memorial day weekend. The resort is gorgeous and very clean. The landscaping is something to marvel at and you're in constant awe at the scenery when riding the trolley to and from the beach and restaurants. The trolley came pretty quickly - we normally waited only a few minutes and one odd time waited 15 minutes. The room was very nice - my only complaint would be that the fridges in the room aren't cold - only cool, and this is in all rooms in the resort. Also housekeeping comes whenever they want - most times before 10am, which they really shouldn't do for vacationers. Otherwise, they did a great job. Pool area is magnificent, with a special shout out to Emilio, "drinky drinky!" and at the Gabi restaurant - Roberto Jorge (I hope I got his name right) - he always greeted us with a smile and was so sweet and pleasant.

I would stay again at the Reserve even though it's furthest from the beach as compared to the regular paradisus an royal service. The pool area in the reserve is really beautiful and the trolley ride is very easy. Try also to stay on the 2nd floor of the hotel. The 1st floor doesn't give you much privacy and the third floor is just way too many stairs to climb while on vacation.

Finally, they really need to do something about the check in and check out process. We waited an hour to check in - really?! After a long flight, they should give the traveler a drink, cold and scented towel and send them on their way! And check out also took forever. It wasn't efficient at all - they should look into this to ensure it's quick and efficient. I don't need extra level service at check in and check out, I just want it to be easy. The extra service should be for the restaurants, pool and beach, not check in and check out. Also, it seemed there were too many people at the front desk, with only 1 or 2 really doing the work. I'm not sure what the others did.

All in all though, it was an excellent trip and we would definitely come back!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms better than 1st floor (no privacy) and third floor (too many stairs)
1 Thank Jennifer N
Dear Jennifer,

Sunny Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

First of all let us apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced during you stay specially with the housekeeping Service and also the check in process, we would like you to know that being our main objective to always exceed our guest expectations, we are currently working on our areas of opportunity, in order to provide to our guests the service, facilities and experience they deserve.

In the other hand, we are very glad to learn that most of our team provided you the service you were expecting, we will congratulate them for taking care of you and making your stay a great vacation.

We hope to have the opportunity to host you in a near future, to make you live once again the Pure Freedom experience that characterizes us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

General Manager.
New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My mother and I recently stayed at the Reserve at Paradisus for 10 days. I do not know where to begin, AMAZING, AMAZING, AMAZING!! I would like to point out a few staff members that made our stay at the resort a special and memorable one.

First, Rannelly Polanco, waiter for Vento's and Gabi Buffet was the sweetest, always went out of his way to make sure we were satisfied with everything all the time. Rannelly always had a smile on his face, which made me look forward to seeing him.

Second, Amaurys Torres the DJ at the Lounge was so kind and polite. He went out of his way each night to play my favorite songs. He made disco nights my favorite time at the resort.

A few more...
Sophie Paternina was our concierge, she was just lovely from the moment we got there till the day we left. She was always so accommodating to our needs.
Fabio Romero and Ruben Dario from Activities were just lively individuals. They always knew how to make us laugh and have a good time.
Teurys Rubio, manager for Hydro Grill was very attentive at all times. Jose Reinsoso, Robert Jorge, Wandy Zapata and Elida Santos were also very friendly. We spend most of our time around the pool area, Santos and Emilio always had a positive attitude, making it pleasant being there. My mother received the combination massage from the YHI spa where she had a great experience with Olga Perez.

Overall, our stay was just perfect! We are positive that we will be visiting soon in the near future. We will most definitely recommend The Reserve at Paradisus to family and friends.

Thank you to everyone for making our vacation a fantastic one!!!

Habili Girls!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ArGj2014
Reviewed 30 May 2014

First time in Dominican by myself and I'm so happy because of the people and the great service at all. So many people that most be mentioned specially Iris Soriano the most outstanding person regarding Customer's care and service who took special care surprising me with a clue about my dinner reservation, favio from activities, Hazael bellman. Definitely try Fuego restaurant , delicious. Mole, the grill and aqua and buffet. Turn down service awesome. I don't wanna leave cause one week is not enough. Will come back next year with my family. Highly recommended because of the people !! :)

• Stayed May 2014
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Sunny Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for taking the time to share you experience with us.

We are thrilled knowing that we were able to provide you such a great first impression and that so many of our associates, especially Iris, took special care and surprising you during your stay. We will also congratulate Fabio and Hazael for their services.

We will be waiting for you and your family next year! please do not hesitate to contact us.

Irmo
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

Went here for our honeymoon in '09 and it was beautiful. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Everything from service to view were exceptional! The food was great at the restaurants even though don't order sausage on your room service pizza because you'll get sliced hotdog meat. Other than that I thought it was perfect!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Adam H
Dear Adam H.,

Receive warm Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for selecting us for such a special occasion as it was your honeymoon.

It is always great to learn that we were able to exceed our guest expectations and even better to know that our associates provided the exceptional service that characterizes us. We dearly hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; our great food and restaurants will be waiting for you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Recently, my girlfriend and I travelled to Punta Cana for a destination wedding and stayed at The Reserve at Paradisus. Overall, we had a fantastic experience at the resort. The landscaping was immaculate, employees were very friendly and room was always clean. In addition, the crew at the Hydro Grill by the pool were just outstanding, especially Jose Reinoso, Ramon Simbest, Frank Martinez and both Señor Francisco and Señor Rodalfo at the pool bar. All were extremely friendly, fun to be around and went out of their way to talk to us each day. Great job by that hard working crew. We had a great week at the resort and would definitely make a return trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Justin G.,

Receive sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad to learn that you had a fantastic experience and that you enjoyed our immaculate landscaping, the friendliness of our team and the outstanding attentions from Jose Reinoso, Ramon Simbert, Frank Martinez, Francisco and Rodolfo.

We will be expecting you for your next trip at paradise; please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

New Milford, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Three days in to our seven day vacation my mother fell by the pool and ended up breaking her foot. The staff were very attentive and she was immediately taken to the on site medical building to be evaluated. After spending the afternoon at the local clinic, it was decided that she would need to cut her trip short and return home in order to seek further medical attention. The next morning, with her left leg in a cast from the knee down, my mother and my aunt left. We had booked the trip through Expedia and decided to give them a call to see if there was any chance that any of the money lost could be recouped. Expedia was very helpful and said they would call the Paradisus and see what they could do. The Paradisus told them that there would not be any refund because they "aided" my mother after the fall....whatever that means. What should they have done....left her on the ground with a broken foot? It's not like the room remained vacant for the rest of the week, it was filled by the following morning. I would think that resort that claims to want to do everything they can to make your stay as enjoyable as possible, would have a little compassion and understanding for a women who was injured on their property and had to leave her vacation early to go home and have surgery,but I'd be wrong.
Unfortunately, there was another problem during our stay. $100 was stolen from my wallet while we were out of the room. I know exactly how much money I had, and when we returned from dinner one evening, it was $100 short. I immediately told the concierge what happened and she had me speak with security and file a report. I was told I would here back from them in 12-24 hours. Two days later, after having not heard a word about the incident, I asked what was going on. I was told that if I wanted to, I could file a report with the Dominican police, but that was all that they could do. No apology, no offer of credit, certainly no returning of my stolen money...NOTHING. While i really didn't expect them to hand me my cash back, I was hoping that some gesture would be made in an attempt to make things right.
It's a beautiful resort, it really is, but all the beauty in the world doesn't make up for getting robbed and being treated poorly.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family