“Best Vacation!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lorain, Ohio
“Best Vacation!”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Gee were do I start? We didn't check in til 11:00pm. and didn't get gentlemen name that carried our luggage up and showed us around and explained things in the room to us he was wonderful to start with. We were in the Reserve Building 43 I have never been in a room so nice through RCI like this one. We had room service that night and the guy that brought dinner up and set it all up on the table and opened the bottle of wine and poured me a glass sorry but didn't have contacts in so didn't get his name. Fabio V Romero (Reserve Activities Supervisor) what a amazing guy and wonderful personality he taught me how to dance one evening what a wonderful time we had and Alexander Lopez he was so friendly and so helpful in letting us know everything going on every day and evening. If we looked confused to were something was going on later he would walk us and show were it was going to be so we would know. These two guys made our trip so wonderful. We looked forward every day to seeing them and getting to know them. They made us feel so important and made sure we had a great time. I hope when I return which I hope I get to soon they are still at the Reserve so I can see them again. Emilio Valdez (Drinky, Drinky) guy at the Reserve pool was also so amazing remembered us by name and what we were drinking every day. I also have to mention Jose Reinoso, Frank Mactinez, Ramon Simbect, Melvin Bcizon were all so wonderful I hope I got those names all correct guys. The Beach was wonderful and so clean and beautiful and never had to worry about getting a lounge chair or lounge bed always one available. The guy that took our drink orders at beach sorry but I forgot your name but he was very nice and never went thirsty at the beach. We went snorkeling that was included and it was amazing so many fish and the reef was beautiful. I got to give a shout out again to Alexander Lopez who told us to fill a water bottle with small pieces of bread and take with us for the fish was a great idea. The guy who took us on snorkeling boat took the bottle and filled it with water when we got there and told me when I wanted to see a lot of fish twist of top and squeeze some bread out we had the best time! First night we ate at Aqua excellent meal. Bana was our favorite and Vento. We never had a bad meal. Every night we went to a show in the Nova Theater then after show always live music in Main Lobby area with workers dancing with everyone. We made sure every day to be up at Reserve Pool for Activities with Fabio and Alexander and all the people involved. We made a candle, clutch purse, painted on canvas and learned about the Dominican Culture and about rolling cigars. I could go on and on about this place If you don't have a great time here it is your own fault.

Room Tip: We were in Reserve Building 43 Room 3436 no view of anything but trees and walkway but was so quiet...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank pserenari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We had a wonderful time. The premises were clean and good looking. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, and the drinks too. The activities were entertaining and the staff who performed them were very social. The beach was very beautiful, and the water sports that were included were very fun to do.

Room Tip: I was at the reserve, great option for those looking for a more quiet area.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
VIRGINIA BEACH
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just wanted to mention my concierge Lhoisia who works tirelessly to make sure everything perfect for our stay. We had two birthdays and an anniversary , all four of us were made to feel very special.
A big shout out to Noel & David my aqua aerobics instructors and Rueben my aqua spinning class instructor ! You guys rock!!!! They even participate in the nightly love shows.
Finally food was fabulous!! Just try and contact resort ahead of time to make reservations ,unless you want to eat at Buffett .which by the way is delicious , can't go wrong.
Thank you to Hydro poolside grill staff amelio (mr Drinkie Drinkie) and Santos .you made me want to live at the pool!!!! Best place to be.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank 499Belinda_H
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Belinda,

Best regards from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. Thank you for preferring us.
What a pleasure for me to know that you could delight such a nice moments with our collaborators and their friendly and spontaneous manner for help. Since, they put their special details in order to bring all of our guests an enjoyable vacation.

Be sure that all of our collaborators have received your message, especially Luisa, Noel, David, Ruben, Emilio (Drinky Drinky) and Santo, as recognition for their great job.

I will be waiting for your return to accommodate you as you deserve.

Eduardo Perera,
Punta Cana
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This resort is gorgeous! We stayed on the Reserve side which was great the only downside is you are far from the beach. You do get really great service! Do not wast your money at Passions restaurant as it is a joke! Our room was ok as it was really large but the furniture was old. Try and stay on the second floor to avoid all the stairs. The power went out on us twice which really was a pain. The Staff there is amazing! Really good people! Our concierge Anabel and Diosmary were fabulous! All of the Hydro grill staff was excellent! Honestly, the service at the Reserve was awesome! My biggest complaint is the Timeshare people! They are so annoying! You are there for vacation and the last thing I want to be bothered with is someone asking me to buy a timeshare! I think they should stop this and offer it only if you are asking about it. The excursion person Liliana is wonderful! We went on the Ocean Adventures snorkeling excursion. It was ok but expensive and you should haggle a little for a better price. The snorkeling was very generic but the staff was awesome! We took dollars for tips. No need for pesos. The Staff work very hard and they really go out of their way to make sure your having a good time. Tips go along way...

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Melia Hotels International

1 Thank Ferroza R
Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I can't say enough about this place. There was some kind of mix-up and all 3 of us ended up in the Reserve after making reservations for the regular Paradisus. It was amazing. The best part were the people - in particular Anabel yAsio, Emilio Valdez, Fabio and Noel (unfortunately did not catch their last names). But ALL of the staff was amazing ! The only complaint I had was that they don't leave washcloths with the towels. The food was amazing, the place was amazing, I could not have asked for anything more and I have never been in a more beautiful place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Wendy,

Receive sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. It is a pleasure for us to have been selected by you as your recent vacation destination.

How rewarding is to know that we were able to exceed your high expectations about our hotel with our custom great service and accommodations, it feels great to know that you could enjoy of everything we offer as our only objective is to make of your stay an unforgettable experience.

Your recommendations has been taken in order to implement the washcloths with the towels, in the other hand I would like to thank you for sharing this magnificent experience with the rest of the world, I will definitely congratulate those who made you feel relaxed and as home, I can assure you that Anabel Asia, Emilio Valdez, Fabio and Noel will be extremely happy to receive your kind words.

Do not hesitate to contact us for your next stay; we are looking forward to welcome you in a near future.

Best regards.

Eduardo Perera.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Our family has just enjoyed a wonderful vacation at the Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. We had upgraded to the family concierge service after reading the positive reviews on Tripadvisor. The addition of the family concierge service was well worth the upgrade for us. We had a fantastic family concierge named Hairol Beca (with our own cell phone to call him during our stay) who took care of our reservations for all of our dinners, actvities, and helped us with logistics. Hairol was a wonderful point man in getting us our dinner reservations for the hard to book restaurants and helping us with our daily activities. He even drew a fun bath with balloons for our kids. The kids looked forward to their nightly milk and cookies service and had a blast with the provided Sony Playstation.

The resort was very clean and well maintained and the entire staff genuinely enjoyed taking care of the families with children that come to the reserve. Our room service staff, Evan Martinez, took excellent care of the kids and brought them milk and cookies for turndown service every single night of our stay. Without exception, every single resort employee took time to smile at our kids and greet us. The kid pool at the reserve is the best pool we have ever seen at a resort. The pool has several slides that the kids just loved and is shallow enough for kids of all ages to safely swim in without any fear of drowning or being too deep. We played tennis and did bunjee cord jumping at their sports and action park area, and really had a great time. The tram service was efficient and we never had to wait for more than a few minutes to get from the Reserve to the beach.

The restaurants were very interesting with different cuisines including the Bana [teppan yaki grill], Vento [excellent world fusion cuisine with a nice kids menu at all of the restaurants on site], Aqua [Italian Pasta} and Mole [Mexican fusion-FANTASTIC menu and my personal favorite}. The family concierge beach at the Reserve is a private beach with lots of chairs and cabanas that can be reserved for the family for the day. The wait staff at the beach were also very sweet and attentive to the kids, offerring them their first ever taste of fresh coconuts that they sliced open and sipped on the beach. One note of caution, there are plenty of water sports for older kids and adults available but the current is somewhat strong for smaller children. While our kids loved riding the rough waves close to the shore, the water is somewhat rougher than other Carribean countries and parents are well advised to stay close to small children in the beautiful and rough waves at the beach.

Overall, I would strongly recommend this resort as a great family vacation with plenty of sports, recreaction, and activities to keep everyone happy. Shout also out to Diana Carolina Ramirez and also the wonderful waiters at Gabi Club, Bana, Vento, Aqua, and Mole.

Room Tip: Second floor was excellent.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having selected The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination, and for taking the time to share your experience to us.

Because of your warm words we feel happy and pleased. Knowing that you had the best vacation you have ever had at our property makes us more certain that our passion and commitment to serve and accommodate our guests is the way to go.

We will congratulate our team for the great labor they do every day and for always making our guests to experience the Pure Freedom to Just Be.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Your recommendation is completely priceless to us and to count on it is the best gift we can receive. Thanks for your loyalty.

Regards,

Eduardo Perera
Weymouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Overall wonderful trip here!! Beautiful beach, hotel, restaurants, pools and more! All of the staff was extremely helpful and personable. My boyfriend and i stayed here for six days and were obsessed! We were served many tasty drinks by Edwardo and Jorge, who not only had the best servie but the best personalities as well!! AMAZING SERVICE by these two guys!! Also Fabio Romero, the activites coordinator went above and beyond to inform us of all of the activites going on at the resort daily and personally got to know my boyfriend and I. It was a pleasure meeting all of the staff there and getting to know them on a personal level. They all made the trip even more fun! Also special shout out to Jina and David in the life enriching wellness center for teaching fun up beat water aerobics that kept me working out on vaca!! Cant wait to go back!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Carolyn D
Dear Carolyn,

Receive the warmest greetings from Paradisus Punta Cana.

We truly appreciate your comment, it is a very nice way of our guests to express how great their vacation went at our hotel, our main goal is to make you feel home far from home.

It makes me feel proud to know that all our team is doing a great job providing our visitors the treatment they deserve, however I can assure you that it comes naturally from all of us as we are committed to quality service and our guests top satisfaction.

Edwardo, Jorge, Fabio, Jina & David will receive your gratitude, we are sure that they will be glad to learn that their services and attentions made you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be and feel comfortable.

Thanks for preferring us; it will always be a pleasure to welcome you with us.

Best regards.