“VACATIONS.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“VACATIONS.”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

we went in a family trip. it was the most excited experience that we ever had in a resort.
the people were excellent and valuable service specially the concierges at 38 and 39 yeuris beltre and anabel gonzalez, excellent employees and tremendous service on time and high quality
also the bar tenders at swimming pool juan diego and the guy from boca chica (i forgot his name) were excellent service, treating the people like his family.I truly recomend this hotel the reserve to any one who wants to have a wonderful vacations.....

Room Tip: room are cleans and big.
1 Thank franciscof355
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Francisco,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination; it was a complete honor to host you and your family.

We are glad to learn that you had the most exiting experience with us! It is great that Yeuris and Anabel were able to provide you such and excellent and quality service; we will definitely congratulate them and also to Juan Diego for treating you like family.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to welcome you back!

Kind Regards,

Eduardo Perera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (829)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family and I just returned from week long vacation at The Reserve at Paradisus in Punta Cana . We just can't say enough good things about some of the staff we interacted with. The most memorable ones were Jose Reinoso at the Hydro Grill. He always met us with a smile and what become his famous phrase "drinky drinky, eaty eaty". He took what we felt was special care of us daily. We also want to mention Santos at the pool. He was so attentive to our comfort and made sure if we needed a drink, a towel, or whatever with such a pleasant smile and attitude. Would be remise if we didn't also mention Reuben...our activity at the pool leader. He was very fun and interacted with the guests in such a fun and just drew you towards his great personality. Can't wait to go back!

3 Thank Rob P
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Rob,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for giving us the privilege to host your holidays.

We are so glad learning that you had a wonderful vacation and that our team was awesome with their service and attentions. It makes us happy that you cant just say enough good things about our staff! Jose Reinoso, Santos and Ruben already received our congratulations for taking such a great care of you!

We hope to have you back in no time! Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

Eduardo Perera
Santa Cruz, California
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The facility and beach are beautiful. Unfortunately, the restaurants, other than Vento and the Mexican restaurant were horrible. Everyone in the family got sick for at least four days. In Bana Japanese restaurant, there were cockroaches on the serving tables. I could have vomited. There were also cockroaches in the rooms. We've been to many All Inclusives. If food is not a factor in your plan, definitely visit this resort. But if food is important, this is not the place for you.

Room Tip: If you are having anyone sleep on the pull out bed, ask for a second mattress.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank Ken S
Morley
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

This was such a lovely holiday for myself my husband and my two little girls aged 6-9.

The hotel was clean and well maintained. The staff were excellent and nothing seem to be too much trouble.

We had a family concierge which made our holiday perfect. She was such a pleasant, kind young lady. Her name was Sofia. Every evening she left little treats in the room for the girls which they loved. She left them things from buckets and spades for the beach to strawberries dipped in chocolates. She made it magical for them and us. I would recommend family concierge they even reserve your beds in the mornings by the beach or pool, which was great.

The food was lovely. The buffet which I mainly had salads was lovely during the day and the restaurants were great at night. One member of staff that stood out during the evening was Angel. He helped us pair our evening wines with our meal and he was very friendly.

All the staff in the reserve buffet were friendly and helpful. Thank you for making our holiday so wonderful.

We had room service for the children on some afternoons. A gentleman called Evan delivered the food. Nothing was too much trouble for him. He was friendly with the children and set all the food out in the room.

All I can think of after being at the reserve is that if there is a negative report on trip advisor u can only assume they must have had a bad experience as I thought it was just perfect. Even down to the beach they had tractors clearing the seaweed and sun lotion at the towel stations near the pool. I would definitely go back and I would request Sofia.

Thank you to all the staff for making our holiday fantastic

A wonderful holiday .

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Dwood1979
Union Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

July 5-July 12th 2014. We had an exceptional time. I've been to many Caribbean resorts and this was the most beautiful, Three rooms, Two Adults, Two Adults and an infant(food allergies see below), Two adults and two children 6 and 8. Overall our vacation was top of the line.

The accommodations are spacious(a little less if you have to fit a crib). We were in Building 40, it is close to the pool, Reserve reception, Gym and Kidzone. From a review I read before going I knew that we would be in a walk up(its really not that difficult, slippery if wet) The past reviewer was correct, I had no problem leaving my stroller parked down at the base of the stairs. I always felt it was safe. We did NOT have an issue with bugs or mosquito as some reviewers have stated. House keeping did a wonderful job of cleaning all of the sand off the floors each day.
Although the reserve is a bit farther from the beach it was not a hassle. My husband and I walked it with our daughter in the stroller most days. My mom took the shuttle which comes quite often. The Beach area of the Family Reserve is quiet and pristine. They had lots of sand castle building buckets etc for my daughter and niece and nephew to play with every day. We reserved two huts everyday and there were always fresh towels waiting for us. We were a great distance in between the ocean and the bar!
Beach Service - Although all of the staff was always very helpful four people made our beach experience superb! As I'm sure you have read... Mikey Mikey(and his drink specials) is always available with a cheery smile. Ramon Ramirez and Luis Santana always made sure that we had enough water, Presidentes, Malibu and Pinapples, Shirley Temples and Coconuts on hand. And don't let me forget Oneida Zorilla standing behind that bar day in and day out creating many of these concoctions! Thank you each of you for making our Beach experience something we will never forget.... (well unless you had the Mikey Mikey special)

Restaurants- Each one was delicious, bring bug spray if you go to the Steak house or Aqua.. they are next to standing water and mosquitos tend to bite your ankles! Portions can be small in Vento so I suggest ordering an appetizer (i had the seabass) We ate most of our breakfast/lunch on the way to the beach at Nao's or Gabi Beach. Both offer enough of a selection, try to go off times to avoid the crowd. My mom's favorite was Fuego and My husband enjoyed the "show" at ibana japanese.

I would like to give a small review regarding my daughters food allergies. Our concierge prepared for us cards that stated in spanish my daughters allergies (Egg,Wheat, Peanut and Dairy) These were VERY helpful as I handed them constantly to the chefs at the buffet as well as in restaurants. There was a lot for her to eat as there are many things that they prepare right on the spot(grilled items, plain rice, potato, fruit etc). Everyone I approached took my requests to heart. They understood how important it was to make sure that not only was an ingredient not used but that there was no cross contamination of the allergy items. I was also impressed that when I returned after a few days the staff in Nao's remembered me and made very effort to ask the chef to prepare things special. They went above and beyond.

All in all we had the best time on this vacation and I would go back in a heart beat. One last person I would like to acknowledge is the woman who took room service orders. Unfortunately I don't know her name. It was always the same voice on the other side of the phone(I ordered a lot so as to have food available for my daughter if need be.) I was always greeted very kindly and she too remembered my daughters allergies. BTW if you need pureed baby food they will make it for you its called Papilla. I had mango and papaya daily as well as chicken and broccoli.
I hope this was helpful...
My new family at The Reserve... we thank you from the bottom of our hearts...The Abreu's, and Alongi's

Room Tip: Although you have to walk up to the High Floors , i thought it had the best view, morning light. Tr...
1 Thank MrsAlongi
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The Reserve is a little oasis within a humongous Resort. The hotel has its pros and many cons, so please read carefully before booking!

As soon as we arrived to the hotel and stepped out of the Taxi, three bellmen ran to us trying to take our backpacks and roller carry-ons from us. Since we didn't need any assistance – due to the lightness of our luggage – we said we didn't need assistance. They didn't seem too happy about it and I didn't understand why.

Upon arriving at the lobby, a wonderful lady (Johanna) took care of my girlfriend and I and assigned us a fantastic suite for our vacation. The check-in process took almost 30 minutes – a bit too long in my opinion.

After our keys were finally delivered to us, Johanna called a bellman for him to carry our bags (again!), so the gentlemen came and escorted us to our room, conveniently located a few steps away from the lobby – a huge convenience as other rooms are located miles away by the intra-resort shuttles. Upon arriving to our room, the gentlemen briefly toured us and before waving goodbye, stood waiting for his tip... not so nice.

Since we arrived at the hotel at 10.00PM, most restaurants were already closed. We had booked our rooms with the 'All inclusive' package, so room service was an option we could use at no extra charge. Both Johanna and the concierge recommended this as the best choice for dining, so my hopes were quite high after hearing their recommendations.

The room service menu was quite OK. We ordered a Pumpkin and Shrimp Risotto, a New York Strip with potatoes and a bottle of 'Champagne.' It took them 45 minutes to deliver the stone-cold dishes and a bottle of Cava (not Champagne). When the waiter came to our room and served the food, he did the same standing technique waiting for his tip... quite uncomfortable – again.

The food was perhaps one of the worse I've ever encountered at any hotel worldwide. The risotto's pumpkin was clearly out of a can and the NY Strip had large amounts of fat and was dried up a-la beef jerkie. Both dishes were cold and tough. Very unpleasant.

The next morning, we went straight to The Reserve concierge, located at the ground floor of our building. We were informed that all restaurants in the location were fully booked, and that only two spots were available during our stay (really?). We were given a spot at "Aqua" restaurant for the first evening, and "The Grill" for the second. Not being able to chose the restaurant of our choice was a huge disappointment.

Morning breakfast was quite good with the typical American and Continental offerings in a well presented buffet. Waiters ran to us offering coffee and juice... but at the end of the meal, they stood next to us doing an already familiar thing we've seen a couple times already. I ignored it this time and went straight to the beach.

We took the train shuttle to the beach, where 'The Reserve' guests have a private sector – something I really appreciated. The all-inclusive deal gives you open-bar possibilities, as well as all-you-can-eat options. It's a very good deal I totally recommend.

After spending a full day at the beach, we headed back to our comfortable room to get ready for our forced early dinner. After riding the shuttle to the restaurant, we were greeted by the hostess who couldn't find our 'reservation'. After making a couple phone calls, she discovered our reservation was suddenly cancelled by the concierge, and that she regretted not being able to sit us that evening. We ended up eating at a buffet – second night in a row not being able to enjoy a proper dinner.

The next morning we found ourselves completely ignored by the breakfast waiter. No coffee, juice and even cutlery. We called them repeatedly and were completely left alone... interesting.

Dinner at 'The Grill' was OK. Nothing fancy and the Salad Bar was quite good. Nothing out of the ordinary, and if you're a foodie, good luck.

Next morning, same thing happened during breakfast. I had to stand up and call another area's waiter to get some coffee... and at the end of our meal, he came all the way looking for his tip.

Since our flight left at 8.00PM on the last day, we asked for late check-out. Johanna gladly allowed us to leave the room at 1.00PM and then offered a complimentary room with a shower so that we could enjoy a full-day at the beach. She was the best component of our stay!

I must confess I feel relieved to have chosen The Reserve instead of the Paradisus resort. If I encountered all these issues at this 'exclusive' hotel within the resort, I can't imagine how much cash the other guests must carry in their pockets (in an all-inclusive environment).

It's very offensive to be ignored for not tipping, and it's quite uncomfortable for bellmen to jump on you to take a small backpack to then 'stand' and wait for his tip.

If you tip well and are not a foodie, then this is the perfect hotel for you.

Hope it helps!

Room Tip: All are great rooms at The Reserve. Ask for pool-looking rooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank enriquep100
Mickleton, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I can't say enough about the resort and the people. We had such a great time. We stayed at the Reserve in the Family Suites. Our concierge Hairol was the BEST! He was beyond accomodating to my family (6 and 10 year old included). We also had great service at the Reserve pool with Santos and Jose. We were never without a drink! Defenately try Mole (mexican restaurant) is was our best meal and again, the service was perfect (thanks Leidy!). Our only complaint was the mosquitos at dinner. Plan on bringing a lot of bug repellant and sun screen. We ran out mid week and sunscreen was on average $37 a bottle in the shop!

1 Thank Stacy M