The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$247
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$278/night.

Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$352
US$316
Excellence Resorts
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$173
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$516
US$527
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$345
  • Breakfast included
Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$355
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$253
Cancelon
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
US$2,420
Melia.com
5,903 results
All reviewsfamily conciergemolegabi clubramon ramirezthe grillkids zonedinner reservationswander roagabi beachdrinky drinkybedroom master suitevento restaurantconcierge servicefamily vacationbubble bathyhi spaall inclusive resort
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed one week at the Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. The resort itself is gorgeous and so well maintained! Truly feels like being in the middle of a beautiful jungle. The reserve area feels very exclusive with a big pool, many cabanas and comfy sunbeds. The rooms are very spacious and well maintained. My only complain would be hot water not always available (mostly between 5 and 7pm). It did seem to get better later in the week though.

Being at the reserve gives you access to the beautiful buffet restaurant near the pool. You can also enjoy all buffets and a la carte restaurants from the Paradisus resort. I have been to the DR many times but I have never seen such quality food at buffet restaurants. Everything looks fresh, neatly presented, you can even enjoy free lobster every night at the Gabi Beach buffet! Everything is spotless clean.

The beach is beautiful and huge, and the Reserve beach gives you access to big sunbeds and drinks delivered to your bed, a very nice feature. The bartenders on the beach, Pedro, Ramon and Santos are always smily and welcoming and make great cocktails!

Service in the whole resort is top notch, with very smily and attentive staff making sure you’re having the best time. Special thanks to Urvania at the Gabi Club who was always so smily and helpful! The concierge in your building will make sure everything gets fixed quickly should any issue arise. (Some items were not always properly stocked in the room but was quickly brought upon request).

All in all, the Paradisus Punta Cana resort is an amazing place, and I would recommend it to anyone looking for amazing service, beautiful grounds and rooms, quality food, and an upscale feeling that is hard to find in other DR resorts.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your preference in selecting our The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort for your recent vacacion. I feel very happy to learn that your overall experience while under our care has been memorable and sincerely appreciate the time you have dedicated to write this review.

I am much honored for your compliments on the efforts and dedication demonstrated by our staff. Be sure I will share your nice words with them, as I encourage my team to keep up the good work.

We will be looking forward to host your next vacation at this, your home in the Caribbean, The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana Resort.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were here May 20-26 2018.
4 Stars: The Rooms were excellent. We had the Paradisus suite with a Jacuzzi and a nice large and firm king size bed. The Bathroom perhaps was a bit small, but more than adequate. It had two sinks and there was plenty of room for me to shave, while my wife made herself beautiful. The mini bar was fine, but no premium drinks…primarily soda, beer and juice. None of which we ever used. The hotel grounds were immaculate, and there were plenty of workers ensuring they remained that way. Ask one of the gardeners for a fresh coconut, and they were more than happy to oblige. The service was very good. There were many employees who went the extra mile, and we greatly appreciated them. In fact, I would say the overall quality of the service was top notch. Finally, the Beach was great. There were plenty of Ranchitos to provide shade, and there were nearby bars with attendants to ensure your needs were met. Many of the Ranchitos were pre-reserved, though we never felt the need to reserve one. Regrettably, we were there during seaweed season, but the hotel and grounds crew worked tirelessly to remove the tons of seaweed that washed ashore. In each building there was an attendant. In our building #39, Bryan was superb. He acted more as our concierge and made reservations, arranged transportation, and was very helpful with all that we required. A hat tip to him.

3.5 stars: The quality of the food was ok. I think it sometimes depends on what you order rather than a reflection of the overall quality. The Breakfast meals at both the Gabi Beach and the Gabi Club at the reserve were OK. The food generally, but not always was hot. The omelets were made to order, and there was plenty of fresh fruit. We ate at four reservation restaurants. Mole was the worst. It was Mexican food. But nothing compared to any Texas corner mom and pop Mexican restaurant. The Grille was very good. We had the parilla for two which was really more like a Parilla for three. Fuego was also good. The sushi there was excellent. Our favorite was Vento and the overall quality of that meal was outstanding.

3 Stars: Being at the reserve we were about 800 meters from the beach. We would walk there every morning with our beach bag and normally walk back. The walk in the morning was pleasant, and you could really enjoy the grounds. At night, we took the shuttles. They are called trains, and they are very efficient from the main lobby to the beach area. The problem is we were about 400 meters from the main lobby, and the “trains” smelled of diesel. Our last night we asked to get a shuttle from our room to Passion restaurant, and had to wait more than 20 minutes. Passion is their high-end Restaurant. Read separate review. We were all dressed up, with the wife in heels, and the last thing we wanted to do was walk or ride in a diesel “train”. 20 minutes later we were accommodated. The second major pain, was we felt clueless the entire time we were there. We never knew what was going on. There was no daily schedule of activities. Even the Shows confused us. We went to Main Lobby for a nightly show, only to learn there was no show but rather a beach party. We rode the trains all over the place trying to find activities due to no central listing or posting. We may have been partly to blame, but how hard is it to post a daily activities schedule in each building.

2 stars: Paradisus is a Melia Resort. Therefor they are obligated to constantly hit you up for a tour of their other properties to give you the hard sell on joining their Time Share/Vacation Club. Read reviews on the Melia Club, and beware. 5 years ago we had a very bad experience attending one of these presentations.

Summary: There are certainly quality aspects to the property, and the staff is well trained and they give 100% effort. We enjoyed our week. The experience was about 3.5 stars. At times it felt like a 3 star, and other times the staff raised that standard to 4 stars. It is not a luxury hotel, nor is it adults only. So just know what you are getting and enjoy.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A_Soldier

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your preference in selecting our The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana for your vacation as well as for letting us know about your experience wth us.

In our effort to continuously improve the quality of our services and facilities, we put our greatest interest and value in our guest's opinion. I assure you, we have taken very good notes of your particular observations in order to avoid similar situations like the ones you have described on your comment, we will be working with my team any improvements needed to make sure we optimize our service, and deal with those points of improvement suggested to us, to be better in the future.

We do hope to have the opportunity to serve you here again at this, your home in the Caribbean, The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana.

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was our first all-inclusive family trip to Dominican Republic and I'd have to say I wouldn't have wanted to stay anywhere else because The Reserve Paradisus Punta Cana was excellent. I will be back! We stayed in the family concierge and Luis Santana was our concierge for the whole week. He was very attentive, professional and caring. Our kids ended up getting very sick towards the end of the trip (probably heat exhaustion) and Luis surprised our baby with balloons, a present and Wonder Woman. The next day he surprised our daughter with a bubble bath full of balloons. Our kids had a wonderful experience and felt at home even though they were thousands of miles away, thanks to Luis and his co-workers. The room and accommodations at the resort were top notch. Morning and evening room dressings, 24 hr room service and cozy living spaces. The property is large enough to explore and spend time not doing the same thing...even though the kids were very excited about the pools. The food was delicious and servers were amazing. I wish I could take home all the wonderful people we met, they really are the sweetest.
The kids club was great! They had daily activities and my daughter was always asking to go. She has hated kids clubs before.
Thank you for everything and we can't wait to go back...sooner than later I hope!

Room Tip: Family concierge is the way to go if you're traveling with kids.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear Tiffrene,

Receive a warm greeting from Paradisus Punta Cana.

It is a pleasure for us to read your experience about your recent stay at our hotel, to know how satisfied you felt with our services, accommodations and treatment encourage us to keep giving the best of us, since it is proof that we are achieving our main goal which is to make the best of all our guests vacations.

I would like to express my appreciation for your compliments towards the service provided by Luis Santána. I will make sure to share with him your review as I encourage the team to keep up with the good work.

I will definitely wait for your next return to Paradisus Punta Cana, which is now, your home in the Caribbean.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ronil Reyes, Angie Parra, Antony De Paula, Ruber Perez, Luis Florian, Marionell Ramirez, Jhonatan Medina, Wally Reyes, Frank rly Morrobel,
Germania Jose, Juan Sanchez, Jose Reinose, Eduardo & Jeffrey Paddle Boarling in the Pool.
I spent an amazing week at Paradisus Punta Cana, The Reserve above are all the employees that made my week one of the best week of my life. I highly recommend this place. This is my 2nd time there and I will continue to go back year after year. The people, the food and the service are top notch. I give this place 5 stars. You will not be disappointed.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Marisol C

Dear Marisol C,

Recieve a warm greeting from Punta cana!

We appreciate very much your feedback regarding your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana and also thank you for selecting our resort to spend your holidays.

We will congratulate our team for their excellent treatment and services during your stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Mole Restaraunt was the only negative point of my trip. The hostess was impolite, condescending and even rolled her eyes at us. I am an ICU nurse, I am never allowed to be rude to my patients. It doesn't matter if it's the beginning of my shift or the end. I give people excellent service and I expect the same.

Everything and everyone else was outstanding. Above expectations.

Check in service was quick. They offer you upgrade options but they do not force it on you.

Plenty of golf carts/shuttles to.get you around. You are never waiting too long.

I stayed at the Reserve. 10/10

Get the event calendar. Plenty of activities for everyone.

The trampoline and rock climbing crew are alot of fun. And free!

Gabi beach and Gabi club (all inclusive buffet service) were full of various foods and friendly people.
Jenny is my favorite server. Be sure to check her out. Always smiling.

The family pool is actually more fun than the adults only pool. (My opinion I loved seeing the kids have fun, very well behaved)

Gym is kept very clean. Impressive. Spa seems beautiful.

The beach is beautiful. Go watch the sunrise.

Walk the resort its beautiful. As a matterof fact, I purchased an excursion and saw the other hotels....paradisus had the best appearance.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Meliá Hotels International
2  Thank agorr005
Paradisus P, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear agorr005,

Thank you for choosing Paradisus Punta Cana for your recent vacation.

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your comment with us, to know that we actually exceeded your expectations fills us of joy and happiness since it’s our mission to make of your vacations a memorable experience, we feel gratified with your kind words and positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel.

Be sure that we will congratulate your favorite server Jenny for her great job.

We appreciate the observations concerning the service and the staff attitude, we are sorry that we were not able to impress you with our services. Please let this not be a motive to not stay with us in the future.

We sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our property and demonstrate our commitment to excellence and quality at all levels of service.

Rafael Megias,