“Great stay”

Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village
Ranked #64 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 12 October 2013

(SPG Gold Status) Stayed in the middle of February 2013 for a week with a group of friends. Less than a 10-minute ride from the Punta Cana airport (PUJ). Very clean hotel, lots of sunlight throughout the lobby and the rooms. Although it is not on the beach, there is a regular shuttle that will take you to a private beach, which has a bar/restaurant there. The shuttle also takes guests to a local golf course, although we never went. Guests can use tennis courts, by there is a fee and they are not right on the hotel premises. There is a small gym and an outdoor pool.
The best feature of the rooms, by far, was the bed. We all agreed that it was the most comfortable bed any of us had ever slept on. Rooms were a decent size. No balcony. Bathroom was on the smaller side, and my room had only a shower (no bathtub). The worst thing about the room was that all the sounds from the hallway echoed, and woke us up a few times in the middle of the night, as people returned to their rooms. (Our rooms were at the end of the hallway.)
We only at the hotel once for breakfast; food was very good but overpriced. In the plaza immediately across from the hotel is Punta Cana Village. There are many restaurants, a few bars, and even a grocery store. We never felt uncomfortable walking around this area, as it is well lit, and there always seem to be people milling about.
The location is great to be close to the airport, but you are quite far from the strip of Punta Cana where there are the greatest concentration of resorts, restaurants, and stores. The few nights that we went out dancing, we had to go to this area, which is about 20 mins in a cab from the hotel.
Was a great hotel at a very reasonable price. No all-inclusive option, but would probably return.

Room Tip: If possible, request a room away from the elevator, as the noise from the hallway echoes and sounds...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank GlobalDenizen8084
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2014

Dear Guest:

We appreciate the time you have taken to review the Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village and thank you for your feedback.

We have re-organized the way we are answering our reviews and as of January 1st of this year I have personally taken over the responsibility of reading, analyzing answering all reviews. Unfortunately, I will not be able to review the ones before that date but I want you to have my email address so that you write to me if you feel that we should have responded something specific to you.

Again, we thank you for your time and interest and we hope that you come back to Puntacana in the future and stay either at our Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village or at our brand new beautiful, Westin Puntacana Resort & Club, which just opened in December 2013.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a few days at the end of September and everything was perfect. Eventhough is not a beach front hotel, it is very confortable (the bed was the best), extremely clean, nice personnel, good food and it has a charter that provides round trips to the beach for free. We liked the location very much because is across the street from The Village where there are restaurants, fast food places, ice cream parlor, stores, a big supermarket, pharmacy, all one might need when you are away from home. Would definitely go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Teteita
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2013

Thank you for your review Teteita. We are happy to hear you had a nice stay with us and enjoyed our comfortable bed, good food and shuttle service we provide. We would love to have you back at our hotel.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We arrived on a bus from Santo Domingo and made a convenient small walk from the Punta Cana Village bus stop to the Sheraton. We were greeted by a cheery receptionist who happily helped us check in. He also was happy to answer our questions in regards to getting places, shuttle times, restaurant options, etc. We found the room to be very clean in addition to being properly decorated (nothing extravagant, but enough to please the eye). The king size bed was as advertised, the TV (Sony) was indeed a large flat screen. Although we were on the highest floor (4th), there isn't much of a view at all; so if this is important to you, you're at the wrong hotel. A quick informative side note, taxis didn't appear to be in abundance. However, there are several car rental offices conveniently located just across the street. One dissapointing fact is their bar service. After a day at the beach and local restaurants/bars we came back to the hotel to watch a football game at the hotel bar. We sat at the bar and were rudely asked what we wanted to drink. We presented the free drink passes that we were given upon check in and the bartender looked beyond annoyed. This was the one and only time the bartender bothered to ask us what we wanted to drink. We sat their with empty drinks for nearly 30 minutes before we just decided to leave to our room and finish watching the rest of the game there. The bartenders really need to work on their friendliness and customer service. I'm not sure if they assumed we were just there for free drinks but we would have gladly bought a few rounds of drinks and tipped quite nicely. Bartenders here are just plain rude here and do not belong behind the bar. Hope this review helps.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Lillyh1
Alberto A, Executive Director of Hospitality at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Reviewed 14 September 2013

I stayed at Four Points Hotel in Punta Cana. I was on a business trip with a colleague and had a great experience. Rooms are comfortable, The area is beautiful and the service was excellent.
A special thanks to Ryan Celestina who beyond to ensure our stay was pleasant and comfortable. A special thanks to all the staff as they were friendly and always ready to assist
Ryan gave a real 5 star service. Job well done Ryan.

rosbal09

Room Tip: Room is spacious and clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 September 2013

The hotel is clean and very sterile. The room are very, very small but well appointed. Great bed. But here's the kicker. I reserved this hotel expressly because it was within walking distance from the airport---almost walking. Very close. Free air port shuttle they advertised. When I checked in, I told them I needed a shuttle at 5am, and their response, "No problem". So the next morning I come down to get the shuttle and they tell me, no shuttle until 10am, I'd have to take a taxi. What? The shuttle doesn't even start running until 10am. The taxi cost $10 US dollars and they have you by the #)% (male private parts) and they know it, so they just smile. It was infuriating. $10 dollars to literally go four blocks. I would have walked but it was pitch black and raining. Total bait and switch on the hotel's part and they know it. Won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Set up a shuttle service to the airport in Punta Cana. Get there at least 2 if not 3 hours early...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank TravelGuy1111
M_Cartin, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Puntacana Village, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear you found our hotel clean and beds comfortable. We appreciate your feedback on the shuttle service and understand your concerns. This has been addressed to the hotel and a $10 reimbursement has been made. Again, thank you for youre review.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We knew from the get-go that the hotel was not within walking distance to the beach. The draw for us was that it was the first Starwood property in Punta Cana, and a brand new one at that.
There was some confusion when we arrived because I thought there would be a hotel rep waiting for us at the airport. We were not aware of the phone which had a direct line to the hotel.
When we arrived at the hotel, I explained to Luis at the front desk that we waited almost a half hour. He was apologetic and so was Jose Urbaez, who I had exchanged emails with regarding our arrival. I said to them, "C'mon, I'm here to celebrate my birthday." They made up for the mix-up by giving us room 410. On our first night, I tried the Caribbean salad and my husband had the Caesar salad in the hotel restaurant. We enjoyed the salads so we thought of trying the breakfast buffet and also the lunch buffet. Both were good.
Fitness room has 2 bikes, a treadmill, and an elliptical. Gym is on the small side so it would have been nice to play a couple of rounds of tennis instead, because the hotel has space for tennis courts [hint, hint].
On the eve of my birthday, which happened to be the day before we checked out, I received a bottle of champagne with a variety of cheeses, ham, chorizo. Yes, not having a beach nearby is a drawback but we had a great experience nonetheless [oh and the hotel has a strong wifi signal] . Thank you for making me feel special on my birthday. Hasta la proxima!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Grace0904

Reviewed 6 September 2013

This hotel is brand new but with no personality. You have tile on the floor everywhere. The room decoration is poor.
You get bulked shampoo, conditioner and soap. The towels are small and not very comfortable. You need to use your room key to turn on the light and AC. The swimming pool is very small.
On the other hand, the staff is friendly and the hotel is clean with a good wifi connection.
I think it's not a good place for vacation, but a good aiport hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business